Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:07 - Mar 17 with 45669 viewsDWQPR

Best game for the club by a long way tonight. May not be a natural goalscorer but certainly a good foil for Austin. He gave his all tonight. Was unbeatable in the air, harried their defence all night and left nothing in the tank. Well done lad.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 12:56 - Jun 2 with 2266 viewsessextaxiboy

Lyndon Dykes on 10:06 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don’t understand the dislike of Dykes. Why do we always key our own car?

Was only in poor form when the team was. We signed him knowing he needed work, and he improved. Not a goal scorer but despite that finished second top scorer despite a fairly long injury stint.

Exactly the sort of signings we need to make. We can debate all day long if he was a success or not but in the era of Ollie Watkins etc we have to make do because Championship top scorers go for £30m nowadays.

Saying that, I agree with Dave about cashing him in for one of the Old Firm. Would miss Willock more but remember Dykes scored more than him with the same amount of minutes.

If I could be bothered to go through this seasons games I could find 4 or 5 games where he had a really good chance to turn a defeat into a draw or a draw into a win in the last 10 min... and shanked it .

This is not keying our own car but accepting that its not reliable enough to do the job and trading it in .

He cant hold the ball up, has a poor first touch, and is on his heels when we turn over possession . When he does score its in short patches and then its gone again.

Its not dislike , I am sure he is a great bloke . I support him totally at the game but my opinion as a paid up fan ..... not good enough
Lyndon Dykes on 13:17 - Jun 2 with 2178 viewsBostonR

He’s never a Championship striker- League 1 at a stretch.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:24 - Jun 2 with 2153 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 12:56 - Jun 2 by essextaxiboy

If I could be bothered to go through this seasons games I could find 4 or 5 games where he had a really good chance to turn a defeat into a draw or a draw into a win in the last 10 min... and shanked it .

This is not keying our own car but accepting that its not reliable enough to do the job and trading it in .

He cant hold the ball up, has a poor first touch, and is on his heels when we turn over possession . When he does score its in short patches and then its gone again.

Its not dislike , I am sure he is a great bloke . I support him totally at the game but my opinion as a paid up fan ..... not good enough

You can list his faults all day, most of which are exaggerated for me but

A) Where would we have finished without his 12 goals and assists.
B) Who is replacing him.

Until we have a realistic answer to this we are just shouting into the wind.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 13:37]
Lyndon Dykes on 13:31 - Jun 2 with 2114 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 13:17 - Jun 2 by BostonR

He clearly is a Championship striker though isn’t he? Played at this level for two seasons now.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:42 - Jun 2 with 2075 viewsRangersw12

Lyndon Dykes on 10:06 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don’t understand the dislike of Dykes. Why do we always key our own car?

Was only in poor form when the team was. We signed him knowing he needed work, and he improved. Not a goal scorer but despite that finished second top scorer despite a fairly long injury stint.

Exactly the sort of signings we need to make. We can debate all day long if he was a success or not but in the era of Ollie Watkins etc we have to make do because Championship top scorers go for £30m nowadays.

Saying that, I agree with Dave about cashing him in for one of the Old Firm. Would miss Willock more but remember Dykes scored more than him with the same amount of minutes.

Because he tries harder for Scotland than he does for us

I don't mind him missing chances it's his lack of effort and not bothering to run that does my head in
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 13:45]
Lyndon Dykes on 14:04 - Jun 2 with 2032 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 13:42 - Jun 2 by Rangersw12

I don't mind him missing chances it's his lack of effort and not bothering to run that does my head in

Opinions and all that, but I’ve not seen evidence of laziness.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:07 - Jun 2 with 2027 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 13:42 - Jun 2 by Rangersw12

Lack of effort? Not bothering to run?

If the above does your head-in, how did you stay sane last season watching our other two strikers?
Lyndon Dykes on 14:11 - Jun 2 with 2013 viewsSonofpugwash

He does do some useful defensive work though,maybe he could pursue a different career as a central defender.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 14:24 - Jun 2 with 1994 viewsBostonR

Lyndon Dykes on 13:31 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

He clearly is a Championship striker though isn’t he? Played at this level for two seasons now.

That’s your opinion but having watched him and compared him to other Championship strikers of mid-table teams he falls well short. He’s never going to get 20-25 goals in the Championship.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:27 - Jun 2 with 1988 viewsRangersw12

Lyndon Dykes on 14:04 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions and all that, but I’ve not seen evidence of laziness.

Watch his performance at Stoke away again
Lyndon Dykes on 14:42 - Jun 2 with 1939 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 14:24 - Jun 2 by BostonR

That’s your opinion but having watched him and compared him to other Championship strikers of mid-table teams he falls well short. He’s never going to get 20-25 goals in the Championship.

I agree he's never going to get 20 to 25 goals in the Championship.

For the record only 5 players did.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:00 - Jun 2 with 1910 viewsterryb

Lyndon Dykes on 14:42 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

I agree he's never going to get 20 to 25 goals in the Championship.

For the record only 5 players did.

And I expect that's more than the usual!

I'm in the neutral corner on Dykes, but I'm not sure he will fit in to Beale's formation. IF we receive a reasonable offer for him I think we should accept, but I've no idea who we could sign as a replacement.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:02 - Jun 2 with 1900 viewsterryb

Lyndon Dykes on 13:17 - Jun 2 by BostonR

But you've already stated that we will be relegated, so perhaps we are getting ready for the following season?
Lyndon Dykes on 18:35 - Jun 2 with 1700 viewsdistortR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:17 - Jun 2 by kernowhoop

Dykes is inconsistent and lacking in certain skills. Versus Ukraine, he did not get much service, except for long hopeful balls that he sometimes flicked on. As for crosses, it is not just the provider of the cross that matters. It is also the positioning of the striker and his ability to recognise what the provider's options are. For all his faults, Charlie Austin could do that. If we keep Lyndon, then I hope that he can be coached so as to make himself more effective.

Yeah, theaway game at preston summed it up for me, their first goal, the striker makes a near post run and gambles. Dykes doesn't make those runs. Last chance saloon for me, there is a player in there for sure, but we need to see more of it.
Baz, I think that's the frustration with Dykes, he should be better then he is.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:44 - Jun 2 with 1659 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 18:35 - Jun 2 by distortR

Yeah, theaway game at preston summed it up for me, their first goal, the striker makes a near post run and gambles. Dykes doesn't make those runs. Last chance saloon for me, there is a player in there for sure, but we need to see more of it.
Baz, I think that's the frustration with Dykes, he should be better then he is.

In the words of someone much more wiser than me:

“What do you all want for nothing? A rubber biscuit?”
Lyndon Dykes on 19:15 - Jun 2 with 1611 viewsBostonR

Lyndon Dykes on 15:02 - Jun 2 by terryb

But you've already stated that we will be relegated, so perhaps we are getting ready for the following season?

Wrong. I actually wrote that if we are relying on academy players next season L1 beckons.
Lyndon Dykes on 19:28 - Jun 2 with 1589 viewsdistortR

Lyndon Dykes on 18:44 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

In the words of someone much more wiser than me:

“What do you all want for nothing? A rubber biscuit?”

well, he wasn't a free transfer for start. I want himto show us consistantly what he can be. He's a professional football player in the championship, that's an opportunity and wage most of us would kill for. So yeah, I expect a bit more, and maybe you should to.

You've gone and got me all cross now, why didn't you stick with Keith Chegwin.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:03 - Jun 2 with 1526 viewsthemodfather

he just isn't a 20 goal a season player, ok injuries this season but he is not an out and out striker, the game has changed but the fact is goals still win games.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:09 - Jun 2 with 1509 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 19:15 - Jun 2 by BostonR

Wrong. I actually wrote that if we are relying on academy players next season L1 beckons.

…and he’s right.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 20:28 - Jun 2 with 1466 viewsterryb

Lyndon Dykes on 20:09 - Jun 2 by Northolt_Rs

…and he’s right.

And I still say that any Championship side that includes Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Amos, Field, Johansen, Chair & Willock will not struggle.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:38 - Jun 2 with 1434 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst he didn't set the world alight last season, for me the main issue with Lyndon Dykes actually lay with our other strikers. When Charlie re-signed he was expected to be the main striker with Dykes chipping in for good measure. A perfectly reasonable expectation as Austin was a seasoned pro whilst Dykes was a work in progress. Had that transpired then there would have been few complaints about Dykes' contribution. Unfortunately Charlie's form fell of a cliff and suddenly we're looking to Dykes to fill the void. That was never going to happen because he's still a work in progress.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:48 - Jun 2 with 1419 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lyndon Dykes on 20:38 - Jun 2 by Benny_the_Ball

Whilst he didn't set the world alight last season, for me the main issue with Lyndon Dykes actually lay with our other strikers. When Charlie re-signed he was expected to be the main striker with Dykes chipping in for good measure. A perfectly reasonable expectation as Austin was a seasoned pro whilst Dykes was a work in progress. Had that transpired then there would have been few complaints about Dykes' contribution. Unfortunately Charlie's form fell of a cliff and suddenly we're looking to Dykes to fill the void. That was never going to happen because he's still a work in progress.

Good post.

And I think whichever way you look at it we will need a new first choice striker next season.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:54 - Jun 2 with 1328 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 20:28 - Jun 2 by terryb

And I still say that any Championship side that includes Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Amos, Field, Johansen, Chair & Willock will not struggle.

Paper thin though…a couple of injuries and we will be struggling just like this year. Goals is still a big worry for me. Hopefully the new gaffer will be able to bring in some good young loans etc to bolster the squad.

Lyndon Dykes on 22:01 - Jun 2 with 1305 viewsLythamR

Lyndon Dykes on 21:54 - Jun 2 by Northolt_Rs

Paper thin though…a couple of injuries and we will be struggling just like this year. Goals is still a big worry for me. Hopefully the new gaffer will be able to bring in some good young loans etc to bolster the squad.

isnt the idea of replacing Warburton with Beales to bring through our own youngsters rather than spending money on loans
Lyndon Dykes on 22:34 - Jun 2 with 1240 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 22:01 - Jun 2 by LythamR

isnt the idea of replacing Warburton with Beales to bring through our own youngsters rather than spending money on loans

Yeah of course but have you seen our youngsters? Our U18 and U23 teams finished rock bottom of their respective Group B leagues: Warburton clearly didn’t trust them. Can’t expect Beale to perform miracles overnight so we may need to get some young loans in… If so, I hope MB has the connections to help us (and him) out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024