Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:07 - Mar 17 with 45667 viewsDWQPR

Best game for the club by a long way tonight. May not be a natural goalscorer but certainly a good foil for Austin. He gave his all tonight. Was unbeatable in the air, harried their defence all night and left nothing in the tank. Well done lad.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 11:01 - Jan 16 with 3494 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon Dykes on 08:44 - Jan 16 by gazza1

So what that WBA costs 10 times as much as ours - you point is???

No negatives about the game whatsoever....just do not agree with some posters comments about Field and Dykes - they are totally OTT.

I enjoyed the game, enjoyed the performance, enjoyed the day - what more do you want??

Get a life eh, if only you knew!!!

what more do you want??

A little bit of humility wouldn't go amiss!
Lyndon Dykes on 14:40 - Jan 16 with 3320 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes on 22:15 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Any comments on our £10 million players performance today, good or bad

Thought he was 'OK'
Lyndon Dykes on 12:49 - Jan 23 with 3127 viewsRangersw12

Lyndon Dykes on 12:54 - Jan 23 with 3076 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 12:49 - Jan 23 by Rangersw12

You gotta laugh.......

Arguably, the worst player on the pitch, both sides as well!!!!!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 12:58]
Lyndon Dykes on 13:19 - Jan 23 with 2959 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 12:54 - Jan 23 by gazza1

You gotta laugh.......

Poor game yesterday (similar to Wallace), although still contributed more than your No.1 striker Austin in his recent run of poor form (including offside goal against WBA where he was perfectly positioned to look across the line and stay on side but could'nt) delighted as I was to see his 1st class heading ability is still a big asset in this division (if Willock and Adomah are supplying into the box from either side!) Still Gazza you remain.......

1) Wrong on Field
2) Wrong on Ball
3) Wrong on Austin being our No.1 striker

3 Wrongs don't make a Gary Right Right Right!
Lyndon Dykes on 13:29 - Jan 23 with 2909 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 13:19 - Jan 23 by ParkRoyalR

Poor game yesterday (similar to Wallace), although still contributed more than your No.1 striker Austin in his recent run of poor form (including offside goal against WBA where he was perfectly positioned to look across the line and stay on side but could'nt) delighted as I was to see his 1st class heading ability is still a big asset in this division (if Willock and Adomah are supplying into the box from either side!) Still Gazza you remain.......

1) Wrong on Field
2) Wrong on Ball
3) Wrong on Austin being our No.1 striker

3 Wrongs don't make a Gary Right Right Right!

Quite pathetic post PRR, but what I expect!!!

Wallace poor??? Really???

Austin Goal, offside!!! Really??? How come we won 1 - 0 and CA was the scorer, look at the records!!!

Field played well, first half, OK 2nd, Wrong, what about???
Ball, likewise.
CA, not picked up the pace this season, not sure he isn't our No 1 striker though.

Did you enjoy Dykes performance yesterday?? No doubt you will be making excuses for him in a performance which was very poor indeed, not the first either.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:41 - Jan 23 with 2873 viewsed_83

Lyndon Dykes on 12:54 - Jan 23 by gazza1

You gotta laugh.......

Good grief, some of the stuff that gets posted on here.

Anyone who thinks we need to get rid of Dykes because he isn't going to score 15 goals in half a season needs to get their heads checked, then explain to the men in white coats where we're going to find a replacement number 9 who's guaranteed to score 2 goals every 3 games at Championship level, can hold the ball up, is young enough to be sold on for a massive profit in a couple of years, is available for a lower transfer fee than we'd sell Dykes for right now, and fits within our wage structure. Whatever you lot are smoking, it's doing terrible things to your brains.

Of course Dykes is raw and inconsistent, gets things wrong, has bad games, because he's still learning: he was playing in the lower reaches of the SPL 18 months ago and for Surfers Paradise Apollo 2 years before that. Despite that, he's scored 1 in 3 for us and is Scotland's first choice for the World Cup, which already puts him in the top tier of Championship strikers. The idea that he should come into this team and outperform every other striker in the division inside a season and a half is insane. If he did all the things some people seem to think are reasonable to expect of him, he'd have been playing for a bigger, richer team than QPR years ago.

If your idea of supporting a team is to expect utterly unrealistic levels of perfection from our players, and then complain endlessly whenever it isn't provided, then following QPR is going to make you permanently miserable.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 13:44]
Lyndon Dykes on 13:41 - Jan 23 with 2863 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 13:29 - Jan 23 by gazza1

Quite pathetic post PRR, but what I expect!!!

Wallace poor??? Really???

Austin Goal, offside!!! Really??? How come we won 1 - 0 and CA was the scorer, look at the records!!!

Field played well, first half, OK 2nd, Wrong, what about???
Ball, likewise.
CA, not picked up the pace this season, not sure he isn't our No 1 striker though.

Did you enjoy Dykes performance yesterday?? No doubt you will be making excuses for him in a performance which was very poor indeed, not the first either.

Kane ran at Wallace at will as knew he had the beating of him on the outside + inside, the amount of dangerous crosses that Kane was able to load into the box reminded me off our defending when Jake Bidwell was playing his narrow Left Back role and allowing his winger to cross into the box at will.

Austin's goal was offside and delighted the officials missed it - my frustration with Austin is borne out of signing a new 2 year contract and his fitness deteriorating so quickly afterwards, closed subject.

Dykes was poor yesterday, not enough of his usual running lines or winning headers, still even Willock has an off-game.

Field was absolutely immense for the full 96 Minutes, I know you kept banging on about how you could'nt see a player there and no better than Dom Ball (who I like as a great squad player) but I reckon even someone as close-minded as you would be delighted with Field yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 14:06 - Jan 23 with 2725 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 13:41 - Jan 23 by ParkRoyalR

Kane ran at Wallace at will as knew he had the beating of him on the outside + inside, the amount of dangerous crosses that Kane was able to load into the box reminded me off our defending when Jake Bidwell was playing his narrow Left Back role and allowing his winger to cross into the box at will.

Austin's goal was offside and delighted the officials missed it - my frustration with Austin is borne out of signing a new 2 year contract and his fitness deteriorating so quickly afterwards, closed subject.

Dykes was poor yesterday, not enough of his usual running lines or winning headers, still even Willock has an off-game.

Field was absolutely immense for the full 96 Minutes, I know you kept banging on about how you could'nt see a player there and no better than Dom Ball (who I like as a great squad player) but I reckon even someone as close-minded as you would be delighted with Field yesterday.

Wallace did OK yesterday and one reason why we won yesterday, I thought he did an OK job defending crosses.....he blocked a lot of times, also involved in our winning goal. Did not get forward quite as much as normal. A 6 mark imo.

I am not privileged to know what CA contract is or what it cost us for his signature. I am disappointed by his performances this season but I still think he is a good addition to the squad. His fitness /pace, or lack of it, was always there to see but he has found it tough this season. You can think what you like about his goal against WBA, it looked offside, but I have got no concrete evidence to say it was unlike his goal v Sunderland that was 100% not offside so please dont 'bang on' that he was offside if you cannot substitiate your comment. Goal, no offside.

Good to see that you recognised Dykes was poor yesterday, Willock has FA to do with it. IMHO he has far to many 'off-days' to be a 'great player' as has been said and 100% sure that he would be embarrassed in the Premiership.

Field played good in the first half, no issues - best he has played this season, second he was OK. Overall a decent game. Your 'immense' is over rating him. I never said anything negative about Field, just that I awaited to see how good he was - I saw it yesterday which is fine by me. Dom Ball has been 'hung out to dry', not sure why but it is rather surprising.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 14:08]
Lyndon Dykes on 14:15 - Jan 23 with 2698 viewsessextaxiboy

Lyndon Dykes on 13:41 - Jan 23 by ed_83

Good grief, some of the stuff that gets posted on here.

Anyone who thinks we need to get rid of Dykes because he isn't going to score 15 goals in half a season needs to get their heads checked, then explain to the men in white coats where we're going to find a replacement number 9 who's guaranteed to score 2 goals every 3 games at Championship level, can hold the ball up, is young enough to be sold on for a massive profit in a couple of years, is available for a lower transfer fee than we'd sell Dykes for right now, and fits within our wage structure. Whatever you lot are smoking, it's doing terrible things to your brains.

Of course Dykes is raw and inconsistent, gets things wrong, has bad games, because he's still learning: he was playing in the lower reaches of the SPL 18 months ago and for Surfers Paradise Apollo 2 years before that. Despite that, he's scored 1 in 3 for us and is Scotland's first choice for the World Cup, which already puts him in the top tier of Championship strikers. The idea that he should come into this team and outperform every other striker in the division inside a season and a half is insane. If he did all the things some people seem to think are reasonable to expect of him, he'd have been playing for a bigger, richer team than QPR years ago.

If your idea of supporting a team is to expect utterly unrealistic levels of perfection from our players, and then complain endlessly whenever it isn't provided, then following QPR is going to make you permanently miserable.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 13:44]

Dykes does not hold the ball up ...it rarely sticks

I get that he is raw and therefore inconsistent but TBH I thought we were getting a Duncan Ferguson type CF who would at least bully and rough up a few defenders . I dont see that so far.

I suppose its the same old reason . thats why he plays for us and not higher .
Lyndon Dykes on 14:21 - Jan 23 with 2662 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 14:06 - Jan 23 by gazza1

Wallace did OK yesterday and one reason why we won yesterday, I thought he did an OK job defending crosses.....he blocked a lot of times, also involved in our winning goal. Did not get forward quite as much as normal. A 6 mark imo.

I am not privileged to know what CA contract is or what it cost us for his signature. I am disappointed by his performances this season but I still think he is a good addition to the squad. His fitness /pace, or lack of it, was always there to see but he has found it tough this season. You can think what you like about his goal against WBA, it looked offside, but I have got no concrete evidence to say it was unlike his goal v Sunderland that was 100% not offside so please dont 'bang on' that he was offside if you cannot substitiate your comment. Goal, no offside.

Good to see that you recognised Dykes was poor yesterday, Willock has FA to do with it. IMHO he has far to many 'off-days' to be a 'great player' as has been said and 100% sure that he would be embarrassed in the Premiership.

Field played good in the first half, no issues - best he has played this season, second he was OK. Overall a decent game. Your 'immense' is over rating him. I never said anything negative about Field, just that I awaited to see how good he was - I saw it yesterday which is fine by me. Dom Ball has been 'hung out to dry', not sure why but it is rather surprising.

Dom Ball has not been 'hung out to dry' and would venture he has a very good relationship with Warburton over many years which was why, like Wallace, he was one of his first signings, as Warburton knew he needed good professionals he could trust to keep us in this division (and keep his job).

Since signing Dom Ball we have progressed under Warburton from our perennial 16th place to 9th place and now challenging for a top 6 place.

There are 3 divisions in the Championship imo and whilst Dom Ball can operate well in 1, adequately in the other, he is not a starter for a top 6 championship team. Field on the other hand can. Its all about levels.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:21 - Jan 23 with 2666 viewsQPR_John

Lyndon Dykes on 14:06 - Jan 23 by gazza1

If we have so many players just being OK why are we were we are in the league.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 14:24]
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:43 - Jan 23 with 2575 viewsgazza1

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:21 - Jan 23 by QPR_John

If we have so many players just being OK why are we were we are in the league.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 14:24]

Because most players do play OK and that is good enough to get right up the top of the table, we had 4/5 that were good, dare I say Field was one of them. Willock was excellent, keeper and Albert were good as well......Gray took his goal well but overall I would not say he was any better than OK for example.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:45 - Jan 23 with 2570 viewsenfieldargh

Having a song for Lyndon/qpr fans having a banging time singing it as comrades in R's should not be ridiculed because somebody thinks a player is not able to perform like Allan Shearer every week.

Ever sang 'QPR by far the greatest team the world has ever seen?'

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lyndon Dykes on 15:11 - Jan 23 with 2444 viewsed_83

Lyndon Dykes on 14:15 - Jan 23 by essextaxiboy

I get that he is raw and therefore inconsistent but TBH I thought we were getting a Duncan Ferguson type CF who would at least bully and rough up a few defenders . I dont see that so far.

Duncan Ferguson: a living legend at a top-half Premier League team, scored more goals in the English Premier League than any other Scottish player, won an FA Cup, set a British transfer fee record... a totally fair comparison to make to a player we signed for something like a million quid after he'd played one season in the SPL, two in the Scottish second tier and the rest of his career in Australian non-league. Even if you wanted a big old lunk of a 90s-style centre forward, on our current budget than means a Devon White type, not a Duncan Ferguson type.

Say we tried to sell Dykes and bring in someone more physical: who's going to play that role better, score more goals, be better suited to Warbs' tactics, fit better into our squad and offer the same sell-on value, while being available to join us in the next 8 days, costing less in transfer fees than we'd sell Dykes for, and asking for the same or lower wages? We signed Dykes because we couldn't get Kieffer Moore, who's just about the best you could ask for in that role in this league on our budget. Dykes has played the same number of games, scored 6 fewer goals, cost us less in wages and is 3 years younger so we'll have the chance to sell him for more. Meanwhile, if we win our game in hand we go second in the league. And people are still complaining? Absolutely mental behaviour, sorry.

I'm not trying to have a go at you specifically here, I just think the expectations put on our players by some sections of our support are completely detached from reality.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:14 - Jan 23 with 2425 viewsBoston

An individual players performance has never really bothered me, it's a team game and as long as we don't succumb to defeat....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lyndon Dykes on 15:18 - Jan 23 with 2386 viewsPhilmyRs

Lost his way a bit recently. Before the injury thought he was looking decent, remember one game where he was heading it whilst on the floor - think he got an assist by doing it. Back then though he was putting himself about a bit more, chasing everything down and showing a big improvement with his heading too. Seems to have gone backwards since but think he’ll come good again.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:24 - Jan 23 with 2360 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon Dykes on 14:15 - Jan 23 by essextaxiboy

Well when he tries to 'rough up' defenders or put his weight around using his shoulder, he seems to get pulled up by modern referees interpretation of the laws, probably citing excessive force.

I think I remember posting around the time of his signing, that he wouldn't get away with the challenges he made in Scotland, in the Championship.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:59 - Jan 23 with 2274 viewsessextaxiboy

Lyndon Dykes on 15:11 - Jan 23 by ed_83

Duncan Ferguson: a living legend at a top-half Premier League team, scored more goals in the English Premier League than any other Scottish player, won an FA Cup, set a British transfer fee record... a totally fair comparison to make to a player we signed for something like a million quid after he'd played one season in the SPL, two in the Scottish second tier and the rest of his career in Australian non-league. Even if you wanted a big old lunk of a 90s-style centre forward, on our current budget than means a Devon White type, not a Duncan Ferguson type.

Say we tried to sell Dykes and bring in someone more physical: who's going to play that role better, score more goals, be better suited to Warbs' tactics, fit better into our squad and offer the same sell-on value, while being available to join us in the next 8 days, costing less in transfer fees than we'd sell Dykes for, and asking for the same or lower wages? We signed Dykes because we couldn't get Kieffer Moore, who's just about the best you could ask for in that role in this league on our budget. Dykes has played the same number of games, scored 6 fewer goals, cost us less in wages and is 3 years younger so we'll have the chance to sell him for more. Meanwhile, if we win our game in hand we go second in the league. And people are still complaining? Absolutely mental behaviour, sorry.

I'm not trying to have a go at you specifically here, I just think the expectations put on our players by some sections of our support are completely detached from reality.

You will have to point out where I compared him to Ferguson in terms of quality . I used the word"type" to describe a style of play which you totally got by your "big old lunk " description.
He arrived here with his roughing up of Jullien of Celtic more than once in his highlights reel
I also didnt say we needed a physical striker . I was mystified when we signed him . We need a Heiger Helgusson or a Billy Sharpe "type" either a hold up player or a finisher .

You will also have to show where I complained . I have described yesterdays performance as superb ... even the Manager didnt go that far . No need to apologise for your opinions

I am 61... I first stood in the boys enclosure aged 7 ... you can probably work out that my expectations are totally realistic .
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 16:01]
Lyndon Dykes on 16:13 - Jan 23 with 2210 viewsed_83

Lyndon Dykes on 15:59 - Jan 23 by essextaxiboy

You will have to point out where I compared him to Ferguson in terms of quality . I used the word"type" to describe a style of play which you totally got by your "big old lunk " description.
He arrived here with his roughing up of Jullien of Celtic more than once in his highlights reel
I also didnt say we needed a physical striker . I was mystified when we signed him . We need a Heiger Helgusson or a Billy Sharpe "type" either a hold up player or a finisher .

You will also have to show where I complained . I have described yesterdays performance as superb ... even the Manager didnt go that far . No need to apologise for your opinions

I am 61... I first stood in the boys enclosure aged 7 ... you can probably work out that my expectations are totally realistic .
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 16:01]

Sorry, like I say I wasn't trying to dig you out specifically - your criticisms have definitely been more measured than others - so much as make a general point about some of the comments in this thread. In terms of the physical stuff, I think part of it is to do with refereeing as others have mentioned, and partly it's to do with the way Warburton wants his team to play. Maybe part of it is to do with form / performance / confidence but I think those kinds of inconsistencies are part and parcel of signing a raw, inexperienced player.

Helguson's a good example actually - obviously a much better hold-up player for us than Dykes, but also he was 31 when we signed him, with a decade of Premier League and Championship experience under his belt. Helguson played 75 games for us and scored 27 goals over 3 years, including the Warnock promotion season. In 18 months spent somewhere between the playoffs and lower mid-table, Dykes has played 61 and scored 19, which is almost exactly the same 1-in-3 rate.

You can definitely compare aspects of Dykes' game unfairly to others, but I think his record stands up really well, and that he deserves our support rather than focusing on the negatives (again, not saying you are specifically, just in general)
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 16:14]
Lyndon Dykes on 16:18 - Jan 23 with 2169 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon Dykes on 16:13 - Jan 23 by ed_83

Sorry, like I say I wasn't trying to dig you out specifically - your criticisms have definitely been more measured than others - so much as make a general point about some of the comments in this thread. In terms of the physical stuff, I think part of it is to do with refereeing as others have mentioned, and partly it's to do with the way Warburton wants his team to play. Maybe part of it is to do with form / performance / confidence but I think those kinds of inconsistencies are part and parcel of signing a raw, inexperienced player.

Helguson's a good example actually - obviously a much better hold-up player for us than Dykes, but also he was 31 when we signed him, with a decade of Premier League and Championship experience under his belt. Helguson played 75 games for us and scored 27 goals over 3 years, including the Warnock promotion season. In 18 months spent somewhere between the playoffs and lower mid-table, Dykes has played 61 and scored 19, which is almost exactly the same 1-in-3 rate.

You can definitely compare aspects of Dykes' game unfairly to others, but I think his record stands up really well, and that he deserves our support rather than focusing on the negatives (again, not saying you are specifically, just in general)
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 16:14]

WE tend to forget Heider was only really successful at Rangers after Warnock arrived. Before that he was mediocre and was loaned out, to Watford if memory serves me.
Lyndon Dykes on 16:35 - Jan 23 with 2095 viewsjtuck

Lyndon Dykes on 15:14 - Jan 23 by Boston

An individual players performance has never really bothered me, it's a team game and as long as we don't succumb to defeat....

This is right. Team game...and would be very surprised if others in dressing room are moaning about Dykes behind his back. We have 3 quality strikers in Dykes, Austin and Gray and all have different pluses and minuses. All have won games for us. What Warbs has done by compensating for lack of Chair by going for 2 up top is excellent coaching. Hands off Dykes!

LAranger

Lyndon Dykes on 16:54 - Jan 23 with 1981 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 16:35 - Jan 23 by jtuck

This is right. Team game...and would be very surprised if others in dressing room are moaning about Dykes behind his back. We have 3 quality strikers in Dykes, Austin and Gray and all have different pluses and minuses. All have won games for us. What Warbs has done by compensating for lack of Chair by going for 2 up top is excellent coaching. Hands off Dykes!

Dykes is yet to regain his pre-injury form.

This thread is only perpetually recycled as we have one supporter with an obsession with criticizing an effective, developing championship striker, who also happens to be our no 1 striker (despite being likely on a 3rd of the wages our no 2 and no 3 strikers).

I was hoping by now Gazza would have moved on to his other obsession, ie Dom Ball is as good as Sam Field, but its unlikely we will see those two on the same pitch at one time, unless in opposing teams in a cup competition.

Given very few of our fan-base have a similar view on the Ball / Field comparison to Gazza (not sure I ever heard Warburton say Ball is a Premier League level player) unfortunately Gazza's vitriol will remain firmly focused on Dykes.

Ball is limited and does his best which is more than good enough for Gazza, even Dykes's worst critics would accept he is at least this, so why the adoration for one and constant criticism of another is beyond most rational minded people....oh right, got it.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:31 - Jan 23 with 1868 viewsswisscottage

When will people learn to stop feeding the troll.

There are some on this board with a serious case of confirmation bias. Gazza's obsession with Dykes is at the pinnacle. There's no rationalising or debating with him just leave him with his glass half empty.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:51 - Jan 23 with 1660 viewsgazza1

This is a Dykes thread so I'm not going to talk about Ball on this thread but what I would, just, say that if we think Dykes can improve then why cant Ball - they are both as good as the same age. Personally I do not think either will improve that much.

Right Dykes, he isn't much better if any, than the likes of CA or Gray and none of them are going to improve much. As for Dykes transfer/wages I do not care whatsoever, he was pretty average yesterday, imo, the worst Ranger on show. Not sure what he did all game, he has done pretty average as well since he has returned from injury, he played a bit better before but nothing 'great' as some posters think. Anybody who, actually, thinks that Dykes is a good/great player then they are totally deluded. His ball control, passing, shooting, showing up for the ball, etc, etc is all pretty limited, sometime his isn't bad, sometimes it is pretty poor, no consistency, I expect a better footballer leading the Rangers line, that is all. That is my opinion and I have seen nothing at all to change my opinion for the last 12 months, I am not being harsh, just factual. I just hope that he plays some games well (he is a professional full time footballer ffs) so it benefits the team and I am sure he will but not often enough for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024