Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Dunphy Return? 14:05 - Mar 27 with 17346 viewsnordenblue

As the headline suggests there's a strong possibility that the former chairman to step back into the club....

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2021/03/27/chris-dunphy-set-for-rochdale-afc-return/
Chris Dunphy Return? on 22:03 - Mar 27 with 5812 viewsD_Alien

Chris Dunphy Return? on 22:02 - Mar 27 by judd

...on doom

Via Zoom

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chris Dunphy Return? on 22:13 - Mar 27 with 5760 viewsjudd

Chris Dunphy Return? on 22:03 - Mar 27 by D_Alien

Via Zoom

not Teams

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 22:42 - Mar 27 with 5714 viewsdalefertcup2

Chris Dunphy Return? on 21:35 - Mar 27 by TVOS1907

Who'd go on something boring like Countdown?

Also don't forget SandyDrum on Pointless.

What about Dale or No Dale?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 21:36]

Aw hey Ive been on Win Lose or Draw with Danny Baker
Chris Dunphy Return? on 23:07 - Mar 27 with 5648 viewsTomRAFC

I was on just a minute... Not the proper one. I was an emergency stand in at a holiday camp in Great Yarmouth.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 23:21]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 23:57 - Mar 27 with 5561 viewsYouTubeDale

I was on This is Your Life featuring Cyril Smith in 1989...but that is no accolade now. We played the song My Way in Kingsway Youth Band. Cyril was the President of the band back then, yes I know what you may be thinking. We did a tour of Germany, he met the coach before we set off, it was the morning of the terrible crash at Manchester Airport when so many people lost their lives.

[Post edited 28 Mar 2021 0:19]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 13:43 - Mar 28 with 5054 viewsRAFC1907

Fantastic news for the football club let's hope it happens.

This will no doubt be a huge boost to supporters who have been mulling over the decision to re purchase a season ticket.

Poll: Bottomley...

Chris Dunphy Return? on 13:50 - Mar 28 with 5020 viewsSI_Blue

Glad to see people have finally seen the light, and that hopefully our club can find some stability again.

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Chris Dunphy Return? on 01:47 - Mar 29 with 4520 viewsSandyman

Wrong side of Heywood - it's everybody else's fault, nothing to do with us. No club.

Right side of Heywood - Do something about it. Survive as a club.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Dunphy Return? on 10:26 - Mar 29 with 4240 viewsJPSDale

I can understand the sentiment towards CD as he is our most successful Chairman to date ( and I can get caught up in that ) - but if he wants to come back on an improved communication charter, he should provide some communication about how and why he left. CD and BG would also need to purchase some shares in their own right, not merely represent Cloughies estate ( Francis or the Trust can d that). Where will these shares come from ??

The Boardroom is in a mess with too many shareholders not playing active roles ( Kilpatrick *2, Morris, Marsh Family etc ) shares need to be moved on to the next "custodians" who can help direct the Club in difficult times by being active Directors, not merely present in the Boardroom at games. Mr Bottomley runs the club how he wants as there are no Directors to hold him accountable - CD could do this, which would be a good step, but the communication theme runs both ways - if CD wants to come back, he will have to start with why he finished, then he would get my support
Chris Dunphy Return? on 10:44 - Mar 29 with 4196 viewsJames1980

Chris Dunphy Return? on 10:26 - Mar 29 by JPSDale

I can understand the sentiment towards CD as he is our most successful Chairman to date ( and I can get caught up in that ) - but if he wants to come back on an improved communication charter, he should provide some communication about how and why he left. CD and BG would also need to purchase some shares in their own right, not merely represent Cloughies estate ( Francis or the Trust can d that). Where will these shares come from ??

The Boardroom is in a mess with too many shareholders not playing active roles ( Kilpatrick *2, Morris, Marsh Family etc ) shares need to be moved on to the next "custodians" who can help direct the Club in difficult times by being active Directors, not merely present in the Boardroom at games. Mr Bottomley runs the club how he wants as there are no Directors to hold him accountable - CD could do this, which would be a good step, but the communication theme runs both ways - if CD wants to come back, he will have to start with why he finished, then he would get my support

Perhaps the current board could reveal what 'the plan' is in detail as well.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chris Dunphy Return? on 12:36 - Mar 29 with 4004 viewsD_Alien

Thoughtful post, and highlights some of the issues around why i've urged caution and not getting too giddy before any substantive moves have been made

The urgency among fans to have the current boardroom malaise transformed makes the news over the weekend think it's a fait accompli, leading to sweetness and light all round

I'm in no doubt it'd be a tremendous move in the right direction for CD to return and have new input into the board by people known to a great many Daleys, but as you say there are issues that need to be worked through, both in terms of shares and perhaps a fresh reset in communications that isn't just lip service. Easier said than done

For as long as this messageboard has been running, a constant theme has been poor communications with fans, and that certainly precedes the present regime. We don't need a MOU to know what timely, honest and (where business interests allow) forthright sharing of information, planning and requests for fan input look like

I've no reason to doubt this could come about given the personalities involved; let's just not get ahead of ourselves and perhaps keep everything crossed that we are indeed about to see the running of Dale transformed for the better and for the long term, too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chris Dunphy Return? on 15:42 - Mar 29 with 3699 viewsNafelad

I think I'm less concerned than you seem to be, to know why CD left the club. As far as I can see, he left because he couldn't work with the 'new regime'. I also have the impression that he still has great affection for the club, and probably can't bear seeing the way that the club is currently being managed. My opinion, fwiw, is that the club desperately needs new management, and there are only a limited number of people who are 'fit for purpose' and whose loyalty to The Dale is unquestionable. I'm praying that CD, BG, FC and RW follow their instincts and make their move.

Topcat

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:31 - Mar 29 with 3595 viewsJPSDale

Chris Dunphy Return? on 15:42 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

I think I'm less concerned than you seem to be, to know why CD left the club. As far as I can see, he left because he couldn't work with the 'new regime'. I also have the impression that he still has great affection for the club, and probably can't bear seeing the way that the club is currently being managed. My opinion, fwiw, is that the club desperately needs new management, and there are only a limited number of people who are 'fit for purpose' and whose loyalty to The Dale is unquestionable. I'm praying that CD, BG, FC and RW follow their instincts and make their move.

Please dont misunderstand what I am about to say, I am a CD fan, respect the hours and achievement and would be happy to see him back on The Board, BUT .. its a big big But, we do need to know why he left and have some understanding of the situation, In selling in the way he did, to the the people he sold to, does suggest that his loyalty might have wavered ( he also tried to buy Gateshead) Dont get me wrong Dale have driven us all to the edge at times, but would I give my season ticket to an arsonist ? No

In selling his shares to the American businessmen he has potentially created a serious threat to our clubs existence. There has been no comment on the intension of these men, but we do know that the LOAN agreements and repayments were not acceptable ( AK statement) They are not looking to put money in and not get it and more back... how many supporters would be happy to see the club paying a dividend to the shareholders next time we undercover a Luke Matheson ?
They are looking for an Investment not and Interest, Hobby or Community project. They see Rochdale AFC as a way to make money for themselves, which ultimately means less for the club if as Directors they are drawing some out

Best solution for all - CD & BG buys the Americans back out, local status quo returned, reduced threat at terrible time. Other shareholders step up ( Kilpatrick Morris etc) or move shares along to local interested parties

Communication required on many fronts, not just the ones that suit CD, and ignore the rest - thats whats upset everyone about DB !
Chris Dunphy Return? on 17:25 - Mar 29 with 3503 viewsAtThePeake

Chris Dunphy Return? on 16:31 - Mar 29 by JPSDale

Please dont misunderstand what I am about to say, I am a CD fan, respect the hours and achievement and would be happy to see him back on The Board, BUT .. its a big big But, we do need to know why he left and have some understanding of the situation, In selling in the way he did, to the the people he sold to, does suggest that his loyalty might have wavered ( he also tried to buy Gateshead) Dont get me wrong Dale have driven us all to the edge at times, but would I give my season ticket to an arsonist ? No

In selling his shares to the American businessmen he has potentially created a serious threat to our clubs existence. There has been no comment on the intension of these men, but we do know that the LOAN agreements and repayments were not acceptable ( AK statement) They are not looking to put money in and not get it and more back... how many supporters would be happy to see the club paying a dividend to the shareholders next time we undercover a Luke Matheson ?
They are looking for an Investment not and Interest, Hobby or Community project. They see Rochdale AFC as a way to make money for themselves, which ultimately means less for the club if as Directors they are drawing some out

Best solution for all - CD & BG buys the Americans back out, local status quo returned, reduced threat at terrible time. Other shareholders step up ( Kilpatrick Morris etc) or move shares along to local interested parties

Communication required on many fronts, not just the ones that suit CD, and ignore the rest - thats whats upset everyone about DB !

Forgive me if I've misremembered the statements made by Altman in the past but I don't think the plan is to draw money from RAFC based on transfer deals etc. If it is, it's incredibly short-sighted given how few lower league football clubs actually make any sort of profit year on year. You'd have to question the business acumen of anyone who was looking to buy a football club like Rochdale in order to take money from it directly.

From what I remember, the investment they're looking to make is to increase the knowledge and interest in their SmarterScout tool and thus increase the profitability of that business, rather than to pilfer money from the club itself.

Tangled up in blue.

Chris Dunphy Return? on 17:52 - Mar 29 with 3445 viewstony_roch975

Chris Dunphy Return? on 17:25 - Mar 29 by AtThePeake

Forgive me if I've misremembered the statements made by Altman in the past but I don't think the plan is to draw money from RAFC based on transfer deals etc. If it is, it's incredibly short-sighted given how few lower league football clubs actually make any sort of profit year on year. You'd have to question the business acumen of anyone who was looking to buy a football club like Rochdale in order to take money from it directly.

From what I remember, the investment they're looking to make is to increase the knowledge and interest in their SmarterScout tool and thus increase the profitability of that business, rather than to pilfer money from the club itself.

and therein lies the dilemma; we've never had the opportunity to ask them directly. When the Trust tried they got vague responses -about 'sufficient commitments from our investors to fund the upfront costs'; 'funds for our investment would have come from our investors exclusively in the form of equity' and 'In the event that we made zero-interest loans to the club, the loans would not have had any collateral.'

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Chris Dunphy Return? on 18:52 - Mar 29 with 3289 views49thseason

In the sense that the Trust is just a shareholder like 100's of others, there is no reason why prospective purchasers should make any comments beyond what is already in the public domain. The trust and the rest of us, will just have to wait for a statement from the board.
The latest moves by CD may in part explain the delay in the Americans finalising their directorships, or deciding not to. It would be a pity if they have pulled out completely and as they have already done some business with CD maybe they are waiting to see if he can finalise a deal to take back control or at least become a major investor with their support. Its not going to be easy to buy a major stake in a company 3000 miles away and run it successfully without having a supportive board and maybe they believe CD is a bigger supporter of their inclusion than Andrew Kilpatrick was. We can only speculate until some sort of outcome comes to light but the sooner we know the better for the clubs sake if only to end the uncertainty.
Chris Dunphy Return? on 19:12 - Mar 29 with 3226 viewsTappers

Just a question if he sold shares allegedly to Americans is he looking at buying back shares or investing more money into club. And wouldnt board vote in chairman regardless how much money you have. Confused.com
Chris Dunphy Return? on 20:49 - Mar 29 with 2995 viewsJames1980

Will Dunphy want to continue with the 'modernisation'? If he does will that be popular? Is there a problem with modernising persee or is the problem with how it is being done and those carrying it out?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chris Dunphy Return? on 23:03 - Mar 29 with 2796 views49thseason

Chris Dunphy Return? on 19:12 - Mar 29 by Tappers

Just a question if he sold shares allegedly to Americans is he looking at buying back shares or investing more money into club. And wouldnt board vote in chairman regardless how much money you have. Confused.com

Ideally he needs more shares than the rest of the Directors combined unless he has support inside the current Board.
Pockney has 12,500
Kelly has 58,250
Rawlinson 14250
Bottomley 13100
= 98,100 for the existing Board

Currently Dumphy has nil and if the Americans support him he is still 23716 shares short unless he already has an ally or allies on the Board.

Dan and Emre have:
Gergedan 37342
North Yard Analytics 37343 (74385)

There are other big (ish) shareholding held by people Dunphy will know well, so building a shareholding may not be too difficult even without the David Clough money if he were to spend the money he got from the Americans when he sold them his shares.
Chris Dunphy Return? on 23:10 - Mar 29 with 2780 viewsRAFCBLUE

Chris Dunphy Return? on 23:03 - Mar 29 by 49thseason

Ideally he needs more shares than the rest of the Directors combined unless he has support inside the current Board.
Pockney has 12,500
Kelly has 58,250
Rawlinson 14250
Bottomley 13100
= 98,100 for the existing Board

Currently Dumphy has nil and if the Americans support him he is still 23716 shares short unless he already has an ally or allies on the Board.

Dan and Emre have:
Gergedan 37342
North Yard Analytics 37343 (74385)

There are other big (ish) shareholding held by people Dunphy will know well, so building a shareholding may not be too difficult even without the David Clough money if he were to spend the money he got from the Americans when he sold them his shares.

If Dunphy has the support of Andrew Kilpatrick and his 110,000 shares then he's won vs the existing board.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 23:37 - Mar 29 with 2722 viewsBrierls

Chris Dunphy Return? on 23:10 - Mar 29 by RAFCBLUE

If Dunphy has the support of Andrew Kilpatrick and his 110,000 shares then he's won vs the existing board.

As harsh as this may sound, I don’t think Chris Dunphy has the support of anybody on the board. He wouldn’t have been ‘ousted’ as chairman in the first place if he did.

I’d welcome Chris Dunphy back purely because he offers leadership from the top. We’re in dire need of that. It doesn’t mean there weren’t financial mistakes made in the final year(s) of his tenure, but I’m sure he will have learned from that. I’d take the financially prudent but progressive Dunphy every day of the week.
Chris Dunphy Return? on 08:06 - Mar 30 with 2500 viewsjudd

Chris Dunphy Return? on 23:37 - Mar 29 by Brierls

As harsh as this may sound, I don’t think Chris Dunphy has the support of anybody on the board. He wouldn’t have been ‘ousted’ as chairman in the first place if he did.

I’d welcome Chris Dunphy back purely because he offers leadership from the top. We’re in dire need of that. It doesn’t mean there weren’t financial mistakes made in the final year(s) of his tenure, but I’m sure he will have learned from that. I’d take the financially prudent but progressive Dunphy every day of the week.

Hmmm.

Messrs Kelly and Pockney were not on the board when Mr Dunphy resigned.

Mr Rawlinson appeared to be out of the loop re: BBM's contract extension.

That could leave one very lonely and biggest beneficiary of CD's departure wondering what if....?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chris Dunphy Return? on 09:21 - Mar 30 with 2394 viewsBigKindo

Chris Dunphy Return? on 08:06 - Mar 30 by judd

Hmmm.

Messrs Kelly and Pockney were not on the board when Mr Dunphy resigned.

Mr Rawlinson appeared to be out of the loop re: BBM's contract extension.

That could leave one very lonely and biggest beneficiary of CD's departure wondering what if....?

Perhaps another commemorative mug? At this rate I will have to put up a second shelf in the man cave.
Chris Dunphy Return? on 12:08 - Mar 30 with 2170 viewselectricblue

Is Chris Dunphys possible return a bad thing!
More so is it possible!

My only worry is the current situation of what we know from this forum and how the forum came across proves the club needs change at the top and as for BBM im happy for him to stay put.

The way Dunphys left the club is irrelevant to me and lets read it in a possible memoir if he ever writes one..

How the club will be run financially is a concern of the future and the remedy is bums on seats...

I dont expect to read anything about what will happen either way for a good few weeks and quite possibily in the summer..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024