Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS 20:27 - May 22 with 35091 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford
Kick off 3pm.
Wembley Stadium
EFL Championship Final

Saturday May 29th 2021

Match Officials

Chris Kavanagh is the referee chosen to officiate the EFL Championship final at Wembley.
Kavanagh will be assisted by Sian Massey-Ellis and Dan Cook. David Coote is the fourth official and Neil Davies the reserve assistant referee.

From the streets of NL.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this week the participation in this thread by the usual contributor has been lacking. It’s nothing more than being a lazy bad lad with more excuses than John Hollins.

Here it is.

To the tune of frigging in the rigging !

It was on the good ship Franky
Whose attitude is cranky
He’s got long hair and a mental stare
But he loves a right hand shandy

Their striker is called Toney
But he ain’t no Wilfried Bony
When Guehi gets ahold of him
He will disappear quite quickly

Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
It’s an easy thing to do.

When Brentford came to Swansea
They stopped for some post match bonding
Five grandads and a couple of kids
Booted them all the way to Tonypandy

Ok, let’s give them the BOLLOX !

Their away support is a pity
It’s laughable and shitty
Small time is too big for them
Cos WE ARE Swansea City !

Oh dear 🤪😂

Ticket scandal.
http://www.swanseaindependent.co.uk

As soon as we get verified news it will be here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55126/ryan-is-ready-to-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:10 - May 29 with 1270 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:51 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's a fraud. The way we approached long throws today is the final piece of evidence anyone needs. How that was allowed to happen was truly baffling. Thomas Frank must have been grinning like a Cheshire cat and couldn't believe his luck when he saw 8 Swansea players around their box whilst his two strikers took up their preplanned positions.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 17:51]

Now that that ship has sailed, it's time to learn, draw a line and move on (Cooper is clearly EPL-bound, and has been for quite some time).

Have a bash at channelling all that negative energy and insight into a positive outlook for our Club.

We could all then possibly unite in a collective surge of support when our Club needs us most.

A potential prompt, as per Keith's post:

- Wagner steps in............
- signs Billing to partner Grimes in a commanding midfield
- etc

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:12 - May 29 with 1263 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:10 - May 29 by AndyCole

Now that that ship has sailed, it's time to learn, draw a line and move on (Cooper is clearly EPL-bound, and has been for quite some time).

Have a bash at channelling all that negative energy and insight into a positive outlook for our Club.

We could all then possibly unite in a collective surge of support when our Club needs us most.

- etc

Any top ten club looking at Grimes will probably lead to a bid mate.
Sadly.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:13 - May 29 with 1250 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:06 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

We weren't exactly flush with cash the last time we got promoted out of this division. Cooper's got ample resources to play a better brand of football than he has, yet doesn't.

There were signs under Potter that we were starting to get back to those fundamentals. Unfortunately putting Cooper in charge has proven to be akin to giving Monk the job in 2015. He just ain't interested.

Fair comments there. We did buy Graham though £12 million (ish if I recall) I can’t see the current owners spending that money in today’s market (excluding inflation) if we had got promoted. The nucleus of that squad was better with the football philosophy as well.

I think new manager (or Cooper) if stays needs to get back to that, without pushing for promotion - as I think it will be trial and error, a period of consolidation.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:14 - May 29 with 1245 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:13 - May 29 by swan85

Fair comments there. We did buy Graham though £12 million (ish if I recall) I can’t see the current owners spending that money in today’s market (excluding inflation) if we had got promoted. The nucleus of that squad was better with the football philosophy as well.

I think new manager (or Cooper) if stays needs to get back to that, without pushing for promotion - as I think it will be trial and error, a period of consolidation.

Graham was a bargain 3 million.
Bony was around 12.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:14 - May 29 with 1231 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:10 - May 29 by AndyCole

- etc

Wagner.
I d rather Richie Wagner to Steve.

Hopefully,Cooper will be gone soon and we can get back to some civility. He's been a very divisive manager.

We need to unite and Wagner did so at Huddersfield.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:15 - May 29 with 1227 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

- etc

Wager?!

Some of our fans never learn. He's no different to Cooper, albeit Huddersfield managed to fluke a victory when they got to this position. Wagner is a poor manager.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:16 - May 29 with 1223 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:15 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wager?!

Some of our fans never learn. He's no different to Cooper, albeit Huddersfield managed to fluke a victory when they got to this position. Wagner is a poor manager.

He’s the man mate, I can’t see it going any other way.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:17 - May 29 with 1209 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:14 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

Graham was a bargain 3 million.
Bony was around 12.

Oh yes....how time makes you forget! But in that case I still think the current owners wouldn’t plough £3 million in too many players if we had gone up......1 maybe 2 of them.....
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:17 - May 29 with 1211 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:13 - May 29 by swan85

We spent £3.5m on Graham the summer after we got promoted. We had a better squad (And manager) then but even players as average as Mark Gower could slot in and contribute. If the system and coaching is good enough then any team can punch above its weight.

By the way, the current owners have broken the clubs transfer record about three or four times since they took over. Spending money has never been the problem, despite the oft repeated belief that they're somehow miserly. Spending it wisely has.

To be honest, if/when we are lucky enough to find ourselves back in the PL I would hope for a sustainable approach rather than throwing cash at agents and hoping some of it pays off.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 18:21]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:19 - May 29 with 1185 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:16 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

I seriously hope not. He's another fraud. He is not a good football manager, as has been evidenced through his managerial career. Too many are blinded by one successful season in terms of league position and do not view the situation holistically. He's no better than Steve Cooper. You could argue he's worse. .

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:20 - May 29 with 1178 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:19 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I seriously hope not. He's another fraud. He is not a good football manager, as has been evidenced through his managerial career. Too many are blinded by one successful season in terms of league position and do not view the situation holistically. He's no better than Steve Cooper. You could argue he's worse. .

I agree, but it’s now where we are. Sadly.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:24 - May 29 with 1147 viewsJack59

It has not been good to watch particularly since Christmas, but Cooper has certainly over achieved with a squad that's lacking in key components He's done well and I hope he goes.
I would be very happy to see a season or two of abject failure, just enough to convince the owners that they should also move on elsewhere.
I would prefer that we build a team with a few more local lads, even if we had to drop a division, so be it. Three big outfits coming down from the Prem, 2 or 3 of our decent players likely to go, I think it's very likely we won't be in this position for the next 3 or 4 years whatever happens.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:24 - May 29 with 1137 viewsonehunglow

Dwight.#

Disagree.

Wagner would ,I feel , lead us forward.

We will at least have some passion,some style

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:25 - May 29 with 1141 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:16 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

Wagner is who I see being here start of next season and I for one don’t think Cooper and Winter saw eye to eye from the moment he stepped through door .

I’ve never been a fan of how Cooper has gone about things in terms of how we play, and I’ll stand by that, but he should be very proud of what he has achieved with us regardless, when he says things like representing the city and the people I genuinely believe he means it and you can’t fault that at all with him.

It’s going to be a tough gig for whoever does it but I’ll worry if we are cashing in on Grimes, Roberts and Cabango and not reinvesting a chunk back into squad. Andy Scott needs to earn his crust, big time.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 18:27]
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:25 - May 29 with 1133 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:20 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

I agree, but it’s now where we are. Sadly.

It is sad. But there's sadder stuff out there.

And some folk need to get a grip and stop the tedious: yeah, but no but, shite.

Some posters here are intent on lurking, pouncing and berating.

They should grow a pair and channel that energy into a constructive outlook.

If it is Wagner - he has shown his mettle in delivering, and delivering entertaining stuff.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:31 - May 29 with 1087 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:25 - May 29 by AndyCole

It is sad. But there's sadder stuff out there.

And some folk need to get a grip and stop the tedious: yeah, but no but, shite.

Some posters here are intent on lurking, pouncing and berating.

They should grow a pair and channel that energy into a constructive outlook.

If it is Wagner - he has shown his mettle in delivering, and delivering entertaining stuff.

Love your posts AC.
I think you're nuts but so what.I mean that in a loving way,by the way.

We need to free ourselves of this yolk that is Cooper.
Shocking recruitment . Compare u
Ayew has been a good pro but not worth his wages and that killed us.

Our loans have been appalling and the purchases even worse.

Compare us with Brentford,a nothing club,and it's sickening how bad we've been.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:31 - May 29 with 1091 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:38 - May 29 by ReslovenSwan1

He is a top coach and has been for some time. He has every right to like his own performance and team. He has over praised swanse if anything.

What? I just mentioned about the sound of his voice. Over praised Swansea, patronised you mean.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:32 - May 29 with 1082 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:17 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

We spent £3.5m on Graham the summer after we got promoted. We had a better squad (And manager) then but even players as average as Mark Gower could slot in and contribute. If the system and coaching is good enough then any team can punch above its weight.

By the way, the current owners have broken the clubs transfer record about three or four times since they took over. Spending money has never been the problem, despite the oft repeated belief that they're somehow miserly. Spending it wisely has.

To be honest, if/when we are lucky enough to find ourselves back in the PL I would hope for a sustainable approach rather than throwing cash at agents and hoping some of it pays off.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 18:21]

You occasionally post some decent stuff fair play, yet most always tinged with a negative slur.

What's the way forward (without that negative slur) ?

- Money to spend
- Manager to target
- Players to retain

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:33 - May 29 with 1074 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:51 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's a fraud. The way we approached long throws today is the final piece of evidence anyone needs. How that was allowed to happen was truly baffling. Thomas Frank must have been grinning like a Cheshire cat and couldn't believe his luck when he saw 8 Swansea players around their box whilst his two strikers took up their preplanned positions.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 17:51]

I'm not sure he's a fraud, just very limited and a little bit cowardly. Watching the Swans this year has been very hard work, boring, frustrating, exasperating, it certainly hasn't been exciting or entertaining. I really hope Cooper goes and we recruit someone brave and adventurous.

The mystery for me is how the hell we got so far. The Brentford 2nd goal today epitomises how we used to play.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:34 - May 29 with 1068 viewsHeadmaster

Cooper post-match: "I’ve had a great two years, I’ve really enjoyed it. I look back on those two years with a lot of fondness. It certainly made me a better manager."

Don't know the context, but sounds like he's moving on?
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:34 - May 29 with 1056 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:33 - May 29 by Treforys_Jack

I'm not sure he's a fraud, just very limited and a little bit cowardly. Watching the Swans this year has been very hard work, boring, frustrating, exasperating, it certainly hasn't been exciting or entertaining. I really hope Cooper goes and we recruit someone brave and adventurous.

The mystery for me is how the hell we got so far. The Brentford 2nd goal today epitomises how we used to play.

You seem as gutted as me Tref
See-we're the same ,really.

Enjoy the summer

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:35 - May 29 with 1060 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:33 - May 29 by Treforys_Jack

If you continue talking sense it will only end up in a ban 😉

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:35 - May 29 with 1051 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:34 - May 29 by Headmaster

Cooper post-match: "I’ve had a great two years, I’ve really enjoyed it. I look back on those two years with a lot of fondness. It certainly made me a better manager."

Don't ,just don't

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:39 - May 29 with 1037 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:34 - May 29 by Headmaster

Indeed.

He's earned the right, in spades (and btw, there's no man-love, simply a rational assessment of an oytstanding achievement, with meagre resources and a relentless drive and professionalism).

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:39 - May 29 with 1034 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:19 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Look on the bright side another manager for you to constantly criticise and bore us to death with your comments the future's bright the future is DYS. Ooooh I can't wait.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024