Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS 20:27 - May 22 with 34250 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford
Kick off 3pm.
Wembley Stadium
EFL Championship Final

Saturday May 29th 2021

Match Officials

Chris Kavanagh is the referee chosen to officiate the EFL Championship final at Wembley.
Kavanagh will be assisted by Sian Massey-Ellis and Dan Cook. David Coote is the fourth official and Neil Davies the reserve assistant referee.

From the streets of NL.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this week the participation in this thread by the usual contributor has been lacking. It’s nothing more than being a lazy bad lad with more excuses than John Hollins.

Here it is.

To the tune of frigging in the rigging !

It was on the good ship Franky
Whose attitude is cranky
He’s got long hair and a mental stare
But he loves a right hand shandy

Their striker is called Toney
But he ain’t no Wilfried Bony
When Guehi gets ahold of him
He will disappear quite quickly

Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
It’s an easy thing to do.

When Brentford came to Swansea
They stopped for some post match bonding
Five grandads and a couple of kids
Booted them all the way to Tonypandy

Ok, let’s give them the BOLLOX !

Their away support is a pity
It’s laughable and shitty
Small time is too big for them
Cos WE ARE Swansea City !

Oh dear 🤪😂

Ticket scandal.
http://www.swanseaindependent.co.uk

As soon as we get verified news it will be here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55126/ryan-is-ready-to-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:52 - May 29 with 1534 viewsJack59

At least it's only one day of embarrassment to recover from, if by some fluke we had won today, a number of those players would have represented us in the EPL, and we would have been a laughing stock for the whole season. Yanks out!
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:52 - May 29 with 1531 viewsGwyn737

Do you know what? I’m jealous of those of you who are annoyed and frustrated.

I’m so ambivalent towards us I’m feeling hardly anything.

I’m looking forward to a break from this season. It’s just been a drag.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:52 - May 29 with 1496 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:52 - May 29 by Jack59

At least it's only one day of embarrassment to recover from, if by some fluke we had won today, a number of those players would have represented us in the EPL, and we would have been a laughing stock for the whole season. Yanks out!

agree

We can never move on with them

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:54 - May 29 with 1489 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:52 - May 29 by Jack59

That is the post of the day! A bullet dodged!
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:55 - May 29 with 1464 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:52 - May 29 by Gwyn737

Do you know what? I’m jealous of those of you who are annoyed and frustrated.

I’m so ambivalent towards us I’m feeling hardly anything.

I’m looking forward to a break from this season. It’s just been a drag.

Wow, thought it was just me.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:58 - May 29 with 1415 viewsGroo

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:55 - May 29 by Treforys_Jack

Wow, thought it was just me.

Going to be an interesting summer as the rebuild starts.

No more EPL parachute payments, Ayew will leave, possible Cooper will leave.

Groo does what Groo does best

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:59 - May 29 with 1399 views34dfgdf54

We have surrendered that game even before a ball was kicked.

You can’t go into a play off final the way we did and to trust try and survive, the decision to go 3 at the back absolutely killed us defensively and offensively and that was that.

Feels absolutely disgusting to lose a game like that setting up as we have.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:00 - May 29 with 1374 viewsGroo

The other interesting thing will be if Cooper does leave and of course Woodman won't be back, we'll have to wait until September or October to see who next years lucky scapegoats will be.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:01 - May 29 with 1339 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:00 - May 29 by Groo

The other interesting thing will be if Cooper does leave and of course Woodman won't be back, we'll have to wait until September or October to see who next years lucky scapegoats will be.

I think we should run a poll mate.
I’m going for the ex Huddersfield manager who will replace Cooper.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:01 - May 29 with 1327 viewsOldjack

it was us or them for being the new whipping boys ,glad it wasn't us we might see a few more wins now

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:02 - May 29 with 1323 viewsAnotherJohn

Feel gutted for the Jacks who travelled. I don't think we had one effort on target. Long journey home. Agree we would have struggled in the Prem, with this squad being a weak foundation to build on.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:02 - May 29 with 1321 viewsGroo

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:59 - May 29 by 34dfgdf54

You can’t go into a play off final the way we did and to trust try and survive, the decision to go 3 at the back absolutely killed us defensively and offensively and that was that.

We threw promotion away since January, we started going out to avoid losing rather than winning.

Setting up the same in todays game.

I don't understand it.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:02 - May 29 with 1317 viewsThornburyswan

Congrats to Brentford, better than us & fully deserved the win plus a go in the Prem after their last few seasons.

Today we were average, strangely we played better 2 down & with 10 men, although suspect Brentford had another gear if needed. Painful as it is we got what we deserved today, absolutely nothing.

Time to go back to the drawing board & rebuild let our loanees & out of contract players exit and go from their - I’m still on the fence with Cooper so if anyone knocks on our door I’d take the compensation & wish him al, the best but not worth wasting our tiny transfer pot on the cost of sacking him.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:03 - May 29 with 1278 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:00 - May 29 by Groo

We were along from being at the races today. Overall I feel we have punched above our weight this season. The net spend over the last two seasons and to have 2 play off spots is something to be proud of. If Cooper does go, hoping for a manager that can attract players - even if on loan. For me it’s clear some of the players came on loan to Swansea, partly as Cooper worked with them in the youth set up. Somehow I fear next season is a bit of a rebuilding job. But guess we need to build that bit more to make that final step again.

Safe travels for those who went today.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:03 - May 29 with 1280 viewsGroo

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:02 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

Feel gutted for the Jacks who travelled. I don't think we had one effort on target. Long journey home. Agree we would have struggled in the Prem, with this squad being a weak foundation to build on.

I don't think we have a weak foundation, we have some good players and some coming through.

We need the right decisions made though.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:04 - May 29 with 1268 viewsHeadmaster

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:59 - May 29 by 34dfgdf54

Problems entirely of our own making.

I can't stomach the thought of watching Cooperball for another full season. The bloke's been here for 2 years now and our identity has completely gone. Tactically clueless and naive. He's got to go.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:06 - May 29 with 1222 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:03 - May 29 by Groo

I don't think we have a weak foundation, we have some good players and some coming through.

We need the right decisions made though.

No, without the kind of investment that would not have been forthcoming we'd have been murdered in the EPL. I'd still have taken promotion though because unexpected things can happen.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:07 - May 29 with 1219 viewsGroo

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:03 - May 29 by swan85

We were along from being at the races today. Overall I feel we have punched above our weight this season. The net spend over the last two seasons and to have 2 play off spots is something to be proud of. If Cooper does go, hoping for a manager that can attract players - even if on loan. For me it’s clear some of the players came on loan to Swansea, partly as Cooper worked with them in the youth set up. Somehow I fear next season is a bit of a rebuilding job. But guess we need to build that bit more to make that final step again.

Safe travels for those who went today.

I think Cooper's done well with what he's got but I wouldn't be totally unhappy of we get a change this year.

But then we don't know what we will get.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:09 - May 29 with 1183 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:06 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

No, without the kind of investment that would not have been forthcoming we'd have been murdered in the EPL. I'd still have taken promotion though because unexpected things can happen.

Thing is we will never know.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:09 - May 29 with 1177 viewsmax936

I didn't expect us to win, but that was a massive kick in the unmentionables, gutted absolutely gutted.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:10 - May 29 with 1151 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:07 - May 29 by Groo

I think Cooper's done well with what he's got but I wouldn't be totally unhappy of we get a change this year.

But then we don't know what we will get.

I agree, I think he has. I think he will go, maybe now roll the dice with someone else - just for the final step. Wonder what the squad will look like in the next 6 weeks.....can’t see much money for transfers coming.....
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:15 - May 29 with 1075 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:02 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

How many times have we said that this season. No shots on target .... far too many.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:15 - May 29 with 1075 viewstheloneranger

Congratulations Brentford - next season's Fulham.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:16 - May 29 with 1053 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:44 - May 29 by jackrabbit

Keep it at 2-0 or better with 10 men and it wouldn’t be a humiliation. We’ve been second best all day. Just need to put our hands up and accept it.

Got to admit, I was expecting a thrashing, them 2 up after what 20 odd mins and that was before the sending off.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:17 - May 29 with 1047 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:09 - May 29 by max936

I didn't expect us to win, but that was a massive kick in the unmentionables, gutted absolutely gutted.

not gutted at all here

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024