Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper to Fulham 23:01 - Jun 19 with 40516 views34dfgdf54

According to Nixon.

Definite possibility this one with it being Championship. Realistic.
Cooper to Fulham on 08:48 - Jun 30 with 1082 viewsjack247

Cooper to Fulham on 08:39 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

They will have to lower the asking price as the saga continues, but lowering the asking price isn’t an indication of them wanting rid.

I just gave the Gylfi example, there was no way they wanted to sell him and were firm on £50m until it appeared that Gylfi was kicking up a fuss. They then settled on £38m according to someone in the Trust. That wasn’t an indication they didn’t want him, that was an indication that they had to now sell and got the most they could for the club.

An indication we didn’t want Gylfi would be to offer him around for £5m and accepting it. That level of compensation shows the desire behind wanting to keep or sell.

As for Cooper, I also agree we won’t be getting 3.5m, it’s a ridiculous amount for a manager in the championship. But depending on his mind frame and what he has said to the Americans it may now be better to reach some kind of agreement.

But like the Gylfi situation, it’s not going to be giving him away for a couple of hundred grand like Fulham did with Parker.

This will be a multi million £ deal like what we got for Martinez, another manager the board did not want to leave but allowed to speak to other clubs.

The proof of that will be in the amount we get.

They will either:-

1) stay firm and keep their man or
2) reluctantly realise we have to let him go and negotiate a good price (£2m+)

What won’t happen is option number 3 where we facilitate the deal and quickly and as easily as possible and give him away for 250k. Because that kind of a deal will signify we don’t want him at the club, like it signified that Fulham didn’t want Parker... as you say, it saves on the eventual severance pay.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 8:45]

The fact he’s openly been hawking himself around London looking for jobs is a fair indication we’d be happy for him to go.
Cooper to Fulham on 08:52 - Jun 30 with 1059 viewsonehunglow

Cooper to Fulham on 08:32 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

You are doing everyone’s nut in because you are posting relentlessly and fraudulently about things you do not believe and refuse to back. You are doing that, nobody else.

1) You believe Parker WAS wanted by Fulham, and they got 250k for him. You think Cooper ISNT wanted by Swansea and believe they may give him away for free. I don’t for one second believe you have any conviction behind those silly statements.

Our asking price for Gylfi was £50m, we didn’t want to sell, we ended up selling for less because he kicked up a fuss. At no point would we ever entertain letting him go for next to nothing. Negotiating is often an acceptance or reluctance to accept the outcome but realising you must and getting the best possible deal.

Therefore I have offered to DOUBLE Parker’s fee to 500k and use that as a target Cooper has to beat. Cant say fairer than that.

2) Being in the Premier League doesn’t automatically mean it’s a better job as you have been told my myself and others. The discussion was the job, not the manager. Fulham and Brighton. I said it was a better job because over the length of a 3/4 year contract in my opinion Fulham will be in a better position than Brighton, you disagree.

I have given you the head start of the Premier League, I have eased your fears of them sacking Potter too, and have given Fulham the next years to beat Brighton’s 4 year high. Again you couldn’t be fairer....

Yet you don’t want a bar of either and want to desperately change the bet to a topic we have not discussed. At no point did I ever state I thought Cooper would be higher than Potter within 4 years as I have no idea where either will be, they may not even be in the same countries league system. It’s a stupid bet designed to sound like you are offering something when in truth you are offering nothing.

At least others can see your Achilles heel anyway, the moment I have told you to put your money where your mouth is you have turned into reversing truck at breakneck speed, fearful of being ensnared by your own wild comments.

The bets are there. The cause is there. Sh*t or get off the pot champ.

You really do believe he has to answer to you?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper to Fulham on 08:56 - Jun 30 with 1045 viewsonehunglow

Much has been exposed here mainly the unfettered love and support for Steveo ,now shown to be utter drivel.
We were hoping he would go and got excited which aw us read all manner of posts and rumours from "sources".

Well,I d suggest we won't get rid of him and are stuck with a guy that is
clueless
disingenuous
insouchiant
ambivolent.

We've been coopered alright.

We need a committed man at the helm and we need him right now.

Time is getting on and we're just wishing.

Cooper to Fulham on 08:56 - Jun 30 with 1049 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 08:56 - Jun 30 by onehunglow

Much has been exposed here mainly the unfettered love and support for Steveo ,now shown to be utter drivel.
We were hoping he would go and got excited which aw us read all manner of posts and rumours from "sources".

clueless
disingenuous
insouchiant
ambivolent.

Exposed being the correct word there Richie.

£££££
Cooper to Fulham on 08:57 - Jun 30 with 1043 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 08:48 - Jun 30 by jack247

The fact he’s openly been hawking himself around London looking for jobs is a fair indication we’d be happy for him to go.

Only as much as Martinez was hawking himself about Wigan and Rodgers was hawking himself about Liverpool.

I don’t agree with that statement at all that bizarrely seems to have become fashionable this last week. I implore everyone to be honest with their commentary because this constant framing in the negative is just silly.

Two bigger clubs have wanted to speak to him regarding taking over, he has listened to what they had to say. I can’t remember us ever stopping a manager speaking to another club in all the time I’ve been watching Swansea, to pretend as if that is a viable option in this day and age is just weird.

A bit like saying if Cooper got the job he would be known as the manager nobody wanted and lacked integrity because it was offered to two others before him, yet Viera gets the job and there is no mention and will be no mention of it.

It’s just weird at the moment.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper to Fulham on 08:59 - Jun 30 with 1039 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 08:52 - Jun 30 by onehunglow

You really do believe he has to answer to you?

Of course not.

But he knows as well as I do that not answering actually gives the most telling answer of them all...

Cooper to Fulham on 08:59 - Jun 30 with 1032 viewsonehunglow

Cooper to Fulham on 08:57 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Only as much as Martinez was hawking himself about Wigan and Rodgers was hawking himself about Liverpool.

I don’t agree with that statement at all that bizarrely seems to have become fashionable this last week. I implore everyone to be honest with their commentary because this constant framing in the negative is just silly.

Two bigger clubs have wanted to speak to him regarding taking over, he has listened to what they had to say. I can’t remember us ever stopping a manager speaking to another club in all the time I’ve been watching Swansea, to pretend as if that is a viable option in this day and age is just weird.

A bit like saying if Cooper got the job he would be known as the manager nobody wanted and lacked integrity because it was offered to two others before him, yet Viera gets the job and there is no mention and will be no mention of it.

It’s just weird at the moment.

It is weird.
It is more uncertain and that is worse

Cooper to Fulham on 09:00 - Jun 30 with 1035 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 08:56 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

Exposed being the correct word there Richie.

£££££

Absolutely, which is why you keep saying you are leaving only to pop back the second one of the gang say something you can chime in with.

The bets exposed your nonsense, we both know that.

They remain there ready to take once you pluck up the courage, my man.

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper to Fulham on 09:05 - Jun 30 with 1024 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 08:56 - Jun 30 by onehunglow

clueless
disingenuous
insouchiant
ambivolent.

Keeping him is our best option in my opinion. What he achieved for us has only been bettered by Rodgers in the Championship, which is an incredible act to follow. Especially with the strength of Rodgers’ squad of which the majority of the backbone went on to have long as successful Premier League and European careers.

Second best option is getting a couple of million for him if he really has had his head turned and made it clear he no longer wants to manage us. But then of course that means we have to find someone else who can come close to matching what he did, I can’t imagine there are too many of those out there on the cheap.

Those are the two most realistic outcomes here.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:27 - Jun 30 with 995 viewsonehunglow

It might well be the only option.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:35 - Jun 30 with 987 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:27 - Jun 30 by onehunglow

It might well be the only option.

Well the other option is setting his price at almost nothing like Fulham did with Parker, that would ensure his exit and speed everything up.

But I don’t think the club would even entertain doing such a thing. It will be a big whack of cash or he stays.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:37 - Jun 30 with 981 viewsonehunglow

Cooper to Fulham on 09:35 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Well the other option is setting his price at almost nothing like Fulham did with Parker, that would ensure his exit and speed everything up.

But I don’t think the club would even entertain doing such a thing. It will be a big whack of cash or he stays.

Well,nothing I can do about it and I summise the same is true with you.

Cooper to Fulham on 14:05 - Jun 30 with 872 viewsThornburyswan

Plenty of chatter out there saying Wilder is closing on this one, a few of the bookies have him shortening too.
Cooper to Fulham on 14:09 - Jun 30 with 861 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yep, yesterday that Fulham guy said that they had agreed terms with Cooper but were unwilling to meet our price for the backroom staff.

Seems like they may have now moved to Wilder, that’s what he said was happening. Interesting times ahead.

Would be hilarious if he stayed.

Cooper to Fulham on 14:10 - Jun 30 with 853 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 14:09 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep, yesterday that Fulham guy said that they had agreed terms with Cooper but were unwilling to meet our price for the backroom staff.

Seems like they may have now moved to Wilder, that’s what he said was happening. Interesting times ahead.

Another one to add to the list if he does
Cooper to Fulham on 14:12 - Jun 30 with 848 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 14:10 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

Another one to add to the list if he does

Another what to add the list?

You said you expect him to leave in the next day or two. I said I think the club don’t want him to go so unless they pay a lot of money then he stays.

Are you reading what you want to again my friend? That’s becoming a habit now.

Cooper to Fulham on 14:14 - Jun 30 with 838 viewsjack247

Cooper to Fulham on 14:09 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

It wouldn’t.

We’d have a manager who doesn’t want to be here seeing out the last year of his contract.
Cooper to Fulham on 14:14 - Jun 30 with 837 viewsDr_Parnassus

And I quote:-

“They will either:-

2) reluctantly realise we have to let him go and negotiate a good price (£2m+) “

Note option 1)...

Cooper to Fulham on 14:15 - Jun 30 with 830 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 14:14 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

And I quote:-

“They will either:-

2) reluctantly realise we have to let him go and negotiate a good price (£2m+) “

Note option 1)...

<<don’t think the club wants to part ways at all, but we can’t stop him if he wants to try his hand at a higher level or at a club with more workable resources>>

We can't stop him no, but we can't do alot when clubs just don't fancy him enough to give him the gig.
Cooper to Fulham on 14:23 - Jun 30 with 815 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 14:15 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

<<don’t think the club wants to part ways at all, but we can’t stop him if he wants to try his hand at a higher level or at a club with more workable resources>>

We can't stop him no, but we can't do alot when clubs just don't fancy him enough to give him the gig.

You are quoting a correct statement again.

I’d love to know what goes through your head when you read things, do you change the words as you go along or just in bulk at the end of the sentence?

We can’t stop him talking to other clubs realistically in this day and age. We can however demand other clubs pay a lot of money for him if we want to keep him.

It sounds like that’s what happened, even though you predicted we may give him away for free and he will leave within the next 2 days (lol).

Chalk that up as another.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 14:23]

Cooper to Fulham on 14:24 - Jun 30 with 815 viewsAndyCole

Cooper to Fulham on 14:14 - Jun 30 by jack247

It wouldn’t.

We’d have a manager who doesn’t want to be here seeing out the last year of his contract.

It would.

Cooper is the consummate pro and will of course give it all he's got. We'll always have a fighting chance.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Cooper to Fulham on 14:27 - Jun 30 with 805 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 14:14 - Jun 30 by jack247

It wouldn’t.

We have no idea if he wants to be here or not. Preferring to be somewhere else doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to be here if that move is not possible.

See Dan James and Ferrie Bodde for details. Both performed excellently after their deals they wanted collapsed at other clubs.

Cooper to Fulham on 14:27 - Jun 30 with 806 viewsAndyCole

Cooper to Fulham on 14:23 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

You are quoting a correct statement again.

I’d love to know what goes through your head when you read things, do you change the words as you go along or just in bulk at the end of the sentence?

We can’t stop him talking to other clubs realistically in this day and age. We can however demand other clubs pay a lot of money for him if we want to keep him.

It sounds like that’s what happened, even though you predicted we may give him away for free and he will leave within the next 2 days (lol).

Chalk that up as another.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 14:23]

I think he gets terribly confused when he copies his own posts from another site, pretending he's someone else.

Not the sharpest tool.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Cooper to Fulham on 14:27 - Jun 30 with 806 viewsjack247

Cooper to Fulham on 14:24 - Jun 30 by AndyCole

It would.

Cooper is the consummate pro and will of course give it all he's got. We'll always have a fighting chance.

You think? He’s had his head turned and we’ve been happy to let him go to interviews. Doesn’t seem to be much commitment on either side.

I’m not as against Cooper as most on here. If the summer hadn’t gone the way it has so far, I’d have been happy with him staying.
Cooper to Fulham on 14:29 - Jun 30 with 800 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 14:27 - Jun 30 by jack247

You think? He’s had his head turned and we’ve been happy to let him go to interviews. Doesn’t seem to be much commitment on either side.

I’m not as against Cooper as most on here. If the summer hadn’t gone the way it has so far, I’d have been happy with him staying.

We let Brendan and Roberto go for interviews, yet wanted to keep them both. You keep saying that as if it’s a realistic thing in this day and age to be able to stop it?

Not that I think you believe it of course. You are falling into the same trap as the rest of them here, you are a better poster than that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024