Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Entry Issues 22:24 - Aug 21 with 10178 viewscolinallcars

Hopefully everyone got in OK today after the problems encountered at the Millwall game.
All sweetness and light on SA Rd when I went in. People without bags waved ahead of those with bags. Once checked, a little tag attached to said bag to indicate it has been given the once over.
Everyone else OK ?
Entry Issues on 08:57 - Aug 27 with 2393 viewstoboboly

Entry Issues on 15:01 - Aug 26 by 1MoreBrightonR

This is what we had last league game...a ticket that worked perfectly the game before then didn't work the next week. Really odd....i work in tech and a QR code is a QR code....they shouldn't stop working unless Ticketmaster have made a complete c0ck up of which tickets are season tickets and single use. very possible knowing them...

I like the way that we were all told that old ST's would work, some seem to have but an awful lot didn't, and then it turns out it could be because the turnstiles can't scan a barcode and only a QR code? (but how did some get in on a barcode?)

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Entry Issues on 10:03 - Aug 27 with 2329 viewsGloryHunter

Entry Issues on 08:18 - Aug 27 by 1MoreBrightonR

happening across the premier League too:

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/new-season-digital-only-ticketing-causes-delays-and-f

They are asking for EFL supporters who have had ticketing problems to get in touch.
Entry Issues on 10:08 - Aug 27 with 2325 viewsPikey

Sounds to me that all the CEOs went to a meeting where the new entry system was demonstrated and after a free lunch and a few free drinks decided en bloc to purchase for their clubs.
Maybe next time they let supporters go to the lunch to test it properly.😁😁
Entry Issues on 11:13 - Aug 27 with 2268 viewsPinnerPaul

Still don't see the benefits.

If we didn't have barcodes, fair enough, but the old ST cards WERE 'renewable' and WERE 'digital' and 'covid safe' - whatever that means!
Entry Issues on 20:01 - Aug 27 with 2178 viewshorshamHoop

So, going to my first match of the season tomorrow with my son and purchased two tickets through the Official website through my ticketing account and they are digital, so given these entry difficulties and having just read Clive's preview where he says there the turnstiles are no longer manned

What happens if it does not work? Is there a back up manned option or do we just go to the pub instead?
Entry Issues on 23:11 - Aug 27 with 2114 viewsBlue_Castello

Entry Issues on 20:01 - Aug 27 by horshamHoop

So, going to my first match of the season tomorrow with my son and purchased two tickets through the Official website through my ticketing account and they are digital, so given these entry difficulties and having just read Clive's preview where he says there the turnstiles are no longer manned

What happens if it does not work? Is there a back up manned option or do we just go to the pub instead?

Better late than never, we have got the new season tickets with QR codes which worked fine at the Barnsley match, there's stewards standing by the gates waiting to help if you get problems. I would suggest getting there fairly early and you will be ok, it's a potential problem if you leave it till the last minute and there could be a big crowd trying to access the ground......
Entry Issues on 09:04 - Aug 28 with 2019 viewshorshamHoop

Entry Issues on 23:11 - Aug 27 by Blue_Castello

Better late than never, we have got the new season tickets with QR codes which worked fine at the Barnsley match, there's stewards standing by the gates waiting to help if you get problems. I would suggest getting there fairly early and you will be ok, it's a potential problem if you leave it till the last minute and there could be a big crowd trying to access the ground......

Thanks for replying and we will get there early
Entry Issues on 09:54 - Aug 28 with 1984 viewsArty

Horrified and amazed on all the problems people have had. I’ve been to all home games this season, and QR code in my google pay wallet has worked first time every time. Not had a problem getting a beer at the shack in the lower loft concourse, Shipyard Pale Ale and Carlsberg on tap
Login to get fewer ads

Entry Issues on 11:06 - Aug 28 with 1944 viewsBlue_Castello

Well I'm one of Clive's older generation supporters so I should be in all sorts of trouble at the turnstiles. I worked in IT for a number of years in a variety of roles and one thing it certainly taught me was to not trust any new systems until they have been fully tested, when we rolled out new software across the whole company it wasn't until we were fully satisfied that there were no major problems, that it actually went live.
This has been a disaster in terms of communicating to the supporters, too many people have not known what to do and are even scared to purchase a ticket. I'm pretty sure a fair part of the blame lies with Ticketmaster for not having this fully tested or explaining exactly to the QPR comms team what will work so that it can be communicated to the Fanbase.
I chose to have the digital version loaded on a season ticket purely because I thought that was the least chance of anything being corrupted or failing and I received a brand new season ticket with a QR code as a replacement of the barcode.
It does appear that the QR codes work first time and that maybe how the software was developed, people were also led to believe the old barcodes would work and it appears from some messages that they have done sporadically.
At a time when the pandemic has not gone away the club can't afford to make these mistakes, I've had to think long and hard about coming back because my wife had breast cancer last year with all the treatment that entails and I can't afford to bring the virus back home.
That said the draw of my team is so great and as Clive highlights Warbs has provided us with a team worth watching, jeez I've sat through so many shit years I don't want to miss this one.
Still trying to keep expectations down, at the best I think we're a play off team as the relegated boys have very strong squads, fingers crossed for today.......
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 11:09]
Entry Issues on 19:12 - Aug 28 with 1822 viewspaulparker

Entry Issues on 11:06 - Aug 28 by Blue_Castello

Well I'm one of Clive's older generation supporters so I should be in all sorts of trouble at the turnstiles. I worked in IT for a number of years in a variety of roles and one thing it certainly taught me was to not trust any new systems until they have been fully tested, when we rolled out new software across the whole company it wasn't until we were fully satisfied that there were no major problems, that it actually went live.
This has been a disaster in terms of communicating to the supporters, too many people have not known what to do and are even scared to purchase a ticket. I'm pretty sure a fair part of the blame lies with Ticketmaster for not having this fully tested or explaining exactly to the QPR comms team what will work so that it can be communicated to the Fanbase.
I chose to have the digital version loaded on a season ticket purely because I thought that was the least chance of anything being corrupted or failing and I received a brand new season ticket with a QR code as a replacement of the barcode.
It does appear that the QR codes work first time and that maybe how the software was developed, people were also led to believe the old barcodes would work and it appears from some messages that they have done sporadically.
At a time when the pandemic has not gone away the club can't afford to make these mistakes, I've had to think long and hard about coming back because my wife had breast cancer last year with all the treatment that entails and I can't afford to bring the virus back home.
That said the draw of my team is so great and as Clive highlights Warbs has provided us with a team worth watching, jeez I've sat through so many shit years I don't want to miss this one.
Still trying to keep expectations down, at the best I think we're a play off team as the relegated boys have very strong squads, fingers crossed for today.......
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 11:09]

Just back and for the 3rd Time this season my barcode didn’t work on my phone or on the paper ticket in the ER , Took me 20 minutes to get in
Very poor yet again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Entry Issues on 20:46 - Aug 28 with 1659 views1MoreBrightonR

Couldnt go today due to an illness in the family so shared mine both to a friend, and they worked with no problem, which is interesting as one didn't work last week and I hadn't changed a thing, but then it did work the first week. complete mystery :)
Entry Issues on 21:03 - Aug 28 with 1615 viewsAntti_Heinola

No queues, everything worked again for me, helpful staff at turnstiles. Seems to be pretty smooth around SA road at last. Hopefully creases bring ironed out. Also had a friend using another friend’s ticket, had it screenshotted to me and worked fine.

Bare bones.

Entry Issues on 22:58 - Aug 28 with 1499 viewsStanisgod

Used my digitally loaded season ticket for the first time in the league today ( sat somewhere else Millwall and couldnt make Barnsley) surprise surprise it didnt work even though my Oxford ticket on it worked fine.
E mail on its way.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Entry Issues on 23:19 - Aug 28 with 1470 viewsdaveB

mine has worked fine every game so far but did hear that queues outsider Ellerslie road were horrific again
Entry Issues on 12:08 - Aug 29 with 1330 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooo, new entry card (QR code) didn't work, but ticket sent to me did.

Spoke to senior steward and he said the card didn't work because I was sent the ticket.

Fair enough - Gavin in the box office didn't think card would arrive in time.

Senior steward said it was down to Ticketmaster and I said we know its not your fault and told him all the staff were great!

Did put the point across that when people are coming to each game, having paid hundreds of pounds they are bound to get frustrated if they can't get in easily.

Anyway that's 3 home games now and I've got in 3 different ways, fingers crossed it will be 4th time lucky v Bristol City and my new QR code card will work!
Entry Issues on 13:28 - Aug 29 with 1264 viewsLythamR

DIgital St in Apple Wallet
3 matches 3 sweet LOFT/SAR turnstile entries
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024