Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How to write a job advert! 15:39 - Sep 7 with 4074 viewsA_Newby

https://jobsinfootball.com/job/20180/general-manager-football/
How to write a job advert! on 16:41 - Sep 7 with 3940 viewsEllDale

Isn't that the club where a former CEO allegedly salted away around £200k before being caught a few years ago?
Bet there's more scrutiny these days!
How to write a job advert! on 11:17 - Sep 8 with 3467 viewsjonahwhereru

A masterclass in how not to promote the image of your business. In days where many businesses are realising mental health issues among their staff are costing them plenty, so are trying to promote a more flexible approach to working, there are some companies still out there happy to give it the macho I can do more hours than you approach. Sad that some bosses are still so blinded to the fact nobody on their death bed regretted not spending more time in the workplace.
How to write a job advert! on 11:47 - Sep 8 with 3428 viewsSuddenLad

How to write a job advert! on 11:17 - Sep 8 by jonahwhereru

A masterclass in how not to promote the image of your business. In days where many businesses are realising mental health issues among their staff are costing them plenty, so are trying to promote a more flexible approach to working, there are some companies still out there happy to give it the macho I can do more hours than you approach. Sad that some bosses are still so blinded to the fact nobody on their death bed regretted not spending more time in the workplace.

Or you could say that the job is aimed only at those applicants who are fully understanding of the requirements and that there is a specifically defined role, with specifically defined conditions.

Those who are not suited to the role as offered, need not apply.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

How to write a job advert! on 11:57 - Sep 8 with 3397 viewsD_Alien

It's an interesting one this

jonahwhereareu certainly has a point in general terms, but i tend to agree with SL

Context is everything, that much is 'rocket science' - talking of which, imagine a recruitment write-up for those with sufficient qualifications to become an astronaut. Clearly, certain common flexibility requirements on the part of potential candidates which we'd all normally recognise as humane, such as needing to pick up the kids from school, will be excluded

Now if the job advert referred to specifics around race or gender, that'd be a different matter - but it doesn't

And clearly, AFC Flyde are looking for someone to help acheive lift-off in the football pyramid

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How to write a job advert! on 18:43 - Sep 8 with 3114 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-58486514

They’re thick. No matter what they were attempting to do, it’s damaged the club’s reputation. It’s not as if they can even ask whether those applying have kids, so could have employed the best person who would indeed be able to have a work-life balance, pick up from primary school now and again and still be excellent in the job.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

How to write a job advert! on 18:43 - Sep 8 with 3114 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

It is always interesting to see who has reacted to these posts on LinkedIn.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

How to write a job advert! on 10:29 - Sep 9 with 2821 viewsAtThePeake

How to write a job advert! on 11:57 - Sep 8 by D_Alien

It's an interesting one this

jonahwhereareu certainly has a point in general terms, but i tend to agree with SL

Context is everything, that much is 'rocket science' - talking of which, imagine a recruitment write-up for those with sufficient qualifications to become an astronaut. Clearly, certain common flexibility requirements on the part of potential candidates which we'd all normally recognise as humane, such as needing to pick up the kids from school, will be excluded

Now if the job advert referred to specifics around race or gender, that'd be a different matter - but it doesn't

And clearly, AFC Flyde are looking for someone to help acheive lift-off in the football pyramid

Looking at the employee reviews, I think it's probably a case of nobody being the right person for the job at AFC Fylde, regardless of whether they fit their ridiculous 'requirements'. At the end of the day, it's a job working for a poorly-supported non-league football club, a work-life balance shouldn't be difficult to find in a position like that.

https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/Afc-Fylde/reviews

Tangled up in blue.

How to write a job advert! on 12:31 - Sep 9 with 2703 viewsD_Alien

How to write a job advert! on 10:29 - Sep 9 by AtThePeake

Looking at the employee reviews, I think it's probably a case of nobody being the right person for the job at AFC Fylde, regardless of whether they fit their ridiculous 'requirements'. At the end of the day, it's a job working for a poorly-supported non-league football club, a work-life balance shouldn't be difficult to find in a position like that.

https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/Afc-Fylde/reviews

That's a pretty revealing and significant find, and certainly provides more of the 'context' that i referred to

I believe the job advert also featured on BBC NorthWest news last night, although i missed it - did anyone see it?

Login to get fewer ads

How to write a job advert! on 12:47 - Sep 9 with 2665 viewsKnowlesy

Looks like the advert has been taken down now. Bit of a PR nightmare for the club this - I noticed there was no salary listed, I'd hope they're offering a fair whack for someone to essentially give up their life to serve the club.
How to write a job advert! on 13:24 - Sep 9 with 2619 viewsD_Alien

How to write a job advert! on 12:47 - Sep 9 by Knowlesy

Looks like the advert has been taken down now. Bit of a PR nightmare for the club this - I noticed there was no salary listed, I'd hope they're offering a fair whack for someone to essentially give up their life to serve the club.

Many senior management/executive posts in the private sector come with a 'negotiable salary' - part of the intention of which is for the employer to help gauge the ambition of the candidate, i.e. making a judgement on their own 'worth' to the company

Better to over-value yourself than under-value in such circumstances

Before anyone jumps in, this isn't intended in defence of AFC Fylde. And there will be some out there whose whole sense of self is caught up (i.e. their life) in taking up such a position. We've had one at Dale recently

How to write a job advert! on 17:18 - Sep 9 with 2479 viewsDalenet

How to write a job advert! on 13:24 - Sep 9 by D_Alien

Many senior management/executive posts in the private sector come with a 'negotiable salary' - part of the intention of which is for the employer to help gauge the ambition of the candidate, i.e. making a judgement on their own 'worth' to the company

Better to over-value yourself than under-value in such circumstances

Before anyone jumps in, this isn't intended in defence of AFC Fylde. And there will be some out there whose whole sense of self is caught up (i.e. their life) in taking up such a position. We've had one at Dale recently

Indeed he will fit the brief perfectly. Unless the Chairman of the club wants a say in anything
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024