Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 100 people in the ground today 10:59 - Sep 11 with 22969 viewsbuilthjack

- will be carrying Covid.
It could be the person next to you.
Frightening. Perhaps wear a mask folks. Take hand gel.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 10:59]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 17:24 - Sep 15 with 1009 viewsCatullus

Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:55 - Sep 14 by controversial_jack

What common sense will you use if you are surrounded by 15k unmasked people?

Well there won't be 15k people in my block! It's outdoors, I'm double vaxed. I could catch covid anywhere and I'm more likely to catch it in a shop with hardly anybody wearing masks.

I have a hospital appointment Monday, I could catch it then!

But to answer the question, I shall wash my hands, use sanitiser gel, not touch my face. I shall get there fairly early to avoid the queues and the bustle on the concourse then wait a bit after the game for the crowd to clear.

I won't hide away any more. Why did we have jabs if we were going to be scared to get on with life?

PS, actually I am much more likely to catch it from my son who is in Secondary school. He'll probably bring it hoem at some point, it seems almost inevitable to me!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Over 100 people in the ground today on 17:50 - Sep 15 with 1004 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 17:24 - Sep 15 by Catullus

Well there won't be 15k people in my block! It's outdoors, I'm double vaxed. I could catch covid anywhere and I'm more likely to catch it in a shop with hardly anybody wearing masks.

I have a hospital appointment Monday, I could catch it then!

But to answer the question, I shall wash my hands, use sanitiser gel, not touch my face. I shall get there fairly early to avoid the queues and the bustle on the concourse then wait a bit after the game for the crowd to clear.

I won't hide away any more. Why did we have jabs if we were going to be scared to get on with life?

PS, actually I am much more likely to catch it from my son who is in Secondary school. He'll probably bring it hoem at some point, it seems almost inevitable to me!

We had the jabs, because we were told it would stop the spread. They were wrong!
Over 100 people in the ground today on 10:38 - Sep 16 with 949 viewsCatullus

Over 100 people in the ground today on 17:50 - Sep 15 by controversial_jack

We had the jabs, because we were told it would stop the spread. They were wrong!

We weren't told it would stop the spread,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-40ac92b1-1750-4e86-9936-2cda6b0acb3f

We were told that vaccines along with other measures would help to stop the spread but those measures were ignored by so many people it reduced the effectiveness of all that most of us did.

Like I said tjhough, I am double vaxed and I'm as careful as I can be be while getting on with my life. It's inevitable that I will get covid one day though, in my opinion. Even if I became a vitual recluse my son could still bring it home from school, am I supposed to isolate myself from my family forever? I understand the risks, I take precautions where I can but life is for living, we can't live in fear, we can't hide away for ever!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Over 100 people in the ground today on 10:55 - Sep 16 with 941 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 10:38 - Sep 16 by Catullus

We weren't told it would stop the spread,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-40ac92b1-1750-4e86-9936-2cda6b0acb3f

We were told that vaccines along with other measures would help to stop the spread but those measures were ignored by so many people it reduced the effectiveness of all that most of us did.

Like I said tjhough, I am double vaxed and I'm as careful as I can be be while getting on with my life. It's inevitable that I will get covid one day though, in my opinion. Even if I became a vitual recluse my son could still bring it home from school, am I supposed to isolate myself from my family forever? I understand the risks, I take precautions where I can but life is for living, we can't live in fear, we can't hide away for ever!

Yes we were. That's the idea of a vaccine. It's a preventative measure not a cure, but I agree, removing the other precautions has allowed cases to rise.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:07 - Sep 16 with 934 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 10:55 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

Yes we were. That's the idea of a vaccine. It's a preventative measure not a cure, but I agree, removing the other precautions has allowed cases to rise.

No we weren't. Never.

How can the Pfizer vaccine that was 95% effective at preventing symptomatic infection prevent 100% of the spread?

How can the Oxford AZ vaccine that was at best 70% effective at preventing infection prevent 100% of the spread?

They reduce the spread, reduce illness and death and they are brilliant at doing so.

I hate to dissapoint you but this is probably as good as life is going to be for a few years yet. Enjoy it as much as you can.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:17 - Sep 16 with 910 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:07 - Sep 16 by Scotia

No we weren't. Never.

How can the Pfizer vaccine that was 95% effective at preventing symptomatic infection prevent 100% of the spread?

How can the Oxford AZ vaccine that was at best 70% effective at preventing infection prevent 100% of the spread?

They reduce the spread, reduce illness and death and they are brilliant at doing so.

I hate to dissapoint you but this is probably as good as life is going to be for a few years yet. Enjoy it as much as you can.

They are not reducing the spread. They are mitigating the effects, but that's not what a vaccine is supposed to do.

We need a booster, because the protection is wearing off . AZ is down to about 50% after 20 weeks. The NHS won't be using the AZ one either, we are going to give that to the less developed countries.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:38 - Sep 16 with 903 viewsCatullus

Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:17 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

They are not reducing the spread. They are mitigating the effects, but that's not what a vaccine is supposed to do.

We need a booster, because the protection is wearing off . AZ is down to about 50% after 20 weeks. The NHS won't be using the AZ one either, we are going to give that to the less developed countries.

They have reduced the spread, by up to 80% until the Delta variant came along. That's why variants happen, the virus mutates to keep on spreading.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02054-z

We knew early on we'd need boosters and if a booster allows me to carry on almost as normal why should I complain about another jab, even if it's twice a year?

I thought we were using different vaccines because studies showed there was greater protection that way and so we decided to give more of iurs away. Besides which, you can't keep it forever without using it, it expires.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:51 - Sep 16 with 897 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:38 - Sep 16 by Catullus

They have reduced the spread, by up to 80% until the Delta variant came along. That's why variants happen, the virus mutates to keep on spreading.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02054-z

We knew early on we'd need boosters and if a booster allows me to carry on almost as normal why should I complain about another jab, even if it's twice a year?

I thought we were using different vaccines because studies showed there was greater protection that way and so we decided to give more of iurs away. Besides which, you can't keep it forever without using it, it expires.

New cases are coming up every day. almost 3k in Wales again today. If that's reducing the spread then i'm a Dutchman
Login to get fewer ads

Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:58 - Sep 16 with 895 viewsDr_Winston

Given the increased transmissibility of the Delta Variant, allied to the almost total lack of restrictions remaining, the fact that there were only 3,000 cases to me seems like pretty ironclad evidence that the vaccine is doing its job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:16 - Sep 16 with 886 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:58 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

Given the increased transmissibility of the Delta Variant, allied to the almost total lack of restrictions remaining, the fact that there were only 3,000 cases to me seems like pretty ironclad evidence that the vaccine is doing its job.

That's 3k new cases every day, not in total
Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:20 - Sep 16 with 883 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:16 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

That’s a terrifying statistic.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:27 - Sep 16 with 882 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:51 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

New cases are coming up every day. almost 3k in Wales again today. If that's reducing the spread then i'm a Dutchman

Goedemiddag.

Cases in the UK as a whole they are largely flat. Declining if anything both UK wide and in Wales. As is the positivity rate of tests undertaken.

The Delta variant is much more transmissible than Alpha and we are living with next to no restrictions. In December and January with restrictions and a less transmissible variant we were frequently hitting around 4000 cases a day.

We didn't have a vaccinated population then and we do now, it is largely spreading amongst the unvaccinated.

I know you desperately want to stay in lockdown and the vaccines not to work, but neither of those is happening.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:44 - Sep 16 with 875 viewsDr_Winston

I know.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:44 - Sep 16 with 872 viewsraynor94

5 deaths in the last 24 hours, more chance of being struck by lightning.

We get it, you are happy to stay locked away, but your silly scaremongering posts are getting tedious.

Get out and have a good blow out

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:45 - Sep 16 with 871 viewsDr_Winston

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:20 - Sep 16 by Brynmill_Jack

That’s a terrifying statistic.

Not really.

It's 21,000 a week, or 0.7% of the population.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:48 - Sep 16 with 830 viewsCatullus

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:44 - Sep 16 by raynor94

5 deaths in the last 24 hours, more chance of being struck by lightning.

We get it, you are happy to stay locked away, but your silly scaremongering posts are getting tedious.

Get out and have a good blow out

Or a job, that'd relieve the stress.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:49 - Sep 16 with 830 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:45 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

Not really.

It's 21,000 a week, or 0.7% of the population.

That's 6 times higher than the Czech republic, which has a population 3 times larger , and the same as the Netherlands with has a population 6 times greater than Wales. Neither of those have vaccinated as many as we have.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:52 - Sep 16 with 826 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:48 - Sep 16 by Catullus

Or a job, that'd relieve the stress.

A job, how dare you? Wash your mouth out with soap and water.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:55 - Sep 16 with 825 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:49 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

That's 6 times higher than the Czech republic, which has a population 3 times larger , and the same as the Netherlands with has a population 6 times greater than Wales. Neither of those have vaccinated as many as we have.

Th Netherlands aren't dropping social distancing until the end of this month, they're also introducing a vaccine passport.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:05 - Sep 16 with 817 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:55 - Sep 16 by Scotia

Th Netherlands aren't dropping social distancing until the end of this month, they're also introducing a vaccine passport.

The Netherlands still has social distancing, but hardly anyone complies with it
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 16:12]
Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:13 - Sep 16 with 810 viewsCatullus

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:49 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

Ok but what are their rates for hospitalisations and deaths?

Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:23 - Sep 16 with 801 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:13 - Sep 16 by Catullus

Ok but what are their rates for hospitalisations and deaths?

The Dutch much lower than ours, but the Czechs much higher. The Czechs were doing brilliantly at one time, then they opened up fully too quickly and new cases and deaths shot up.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:30 - Sep 16 with 799 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:05 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

The Netherlands still has social distancing, but hardly anyone complies with it
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 16:12]

How do you know that? Are you actually Dutch as you said earlier?
Over 100 people in the ground today on 17:52 - Sep 16 with 786 viewscontroversial_jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:30 - Sep 16 by Scotia

How do you know that? Are you actually Dutch as you said earlier?

i'm in daily contact with someone who lives in Utrecht.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 21:34 - Sep 16 with 753 viewsCatullus

The news tonight, cases in Wales have dropped again, that 5 days in a row they've dropped. Thank the vaccines eh!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024