Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread v Tranmere 14:24 - Sep 11 with 13795 viewsWalboro

Good starting 11 strong bench
Match Thread v Tranmere on 14:27 - Sep 11 with 6906 viewsD_Alien

First thing i thought - that's a pretty good bench

Good to see Dorsett back in

Tranmere will be difficult to break down - we just need to be extra vigilant against counter-attacks and i think we'll sneak it today

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread v Tranmere on 14:37 - Sep 11 with 6837 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread v Tranmere on 14:27 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

First thing i thought - that's a pretty good bench

Good to see Dorsett back in

Tranmere will be difficult to break down - we just need to be extra vigilant against counter-attacks and i think we'll sneak it today

Tranmere played 6, scored 2, conceded 2. They must be exciting to watch !! 4 goals in their games v 19 in 6 Rochdale games

Something has to give today
Match Thread v Tranmere on 14:38 - Sep 11 with 6849 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Whats happened to the pitch in front of the Pearl Street?
Match Thread v Tranmere on 14:42 - Sep 11 with 6823 viewsjonahwhereru

If we have ambitions to climb the league you would hope that with virtually a full squad to select from this is the sort of match we need to be winning. I think we can win this, especially given the strength on the bench.
UTDNFS
Match Thread v Tranmere on 15:35 - Sep 11 with 6609 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread v Tranmere on 14:42 - Sep 11 by jonahwhereru

If we have ambitions to climb the league you would hope that with virtually a full squad to select from this is the sort of match we need to be winning. I think we can win this, especially given the strength on the bench.
UTDNFS

How are we not ahead in this game !!! best attacking performance so far this season with chances galore.
Match Thread v Tranmere on 15:45 - Sep 11 with 6580 viewsYorkshire_Dale

3 yellow cards for them....come on Shakespeare, give em a red card next.
Match Thread v Tranmere on 15:51 - Sep 11 with 6523 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread v Tranmere on 15:45 - Sep 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

3 yellow cards for them....come on Shakespeare, give em a red card next.

0-0 at HT just doesn't tell the story. They had 1 chance and hit the post, but apart from that it has been all Dale. Odoh ran them ragged down the left for 25 minutes, then we ran them ragged down the right. Only 1 team in it but let's hope lack of composure in from of goal doesn't come back & bite us
Match Thread v Tranmere on 15:58 - Sep 11 with 6447 viewsblackdogblue

No one warming up at half time?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:03 - Sep 11 with 6420 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread v Tranmere on 15:51 - Sep 11 by Nigeriamark

0-0 at HT just doesn't tell the story. They had 1 chance and hit the post, but apart from that it has been all Dale. Odoh ran them ragged down the left for 25 minutes, then we ran them ragged down the right. Only 1 team in it but let's hope lack of composure in from of goal doesn't come back & bite us

Despite the score its been one of the best halves I've seen from a Rochdale team at Spotland for a while.

The reminder of us not taking our chances is that they had the best chance hitting the post.
Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:24 - Sep 11 with 6297 viewsDaleFan7

Time to take Odoh off and bring Cashman on.
Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:33 - Sep 11 with 6228 viewsDale23years

To negative for me set up wise, should be 433 especially with the talent we have on the bench

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:44 - Sep 11 with 6140 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:24 - Sep 11 by DaleFan7

Time to take Odoh off and bring Cashman on.

Good call on Cashman

1-0 Dale. Cashman !!

Well deserved. Nice through ball & guided/toe poked into the corner
Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:55 - Sep 11 with 6017 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:44 - Sep 11 by Nigeriamark

Good call on Cashman

1-0 Dale. Cashman !!

Well deserved. Nice through ball & guided/toe poked into the corner

Huge let off. They hit the post again 4 minutes into injury time when it looked easier to score
Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:03 - Sep 11 with 5901 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:55 - Sep 11 by Nigeriamark

Huge let off. They hit the post again 4 minutes into injury time when it looked easier to score

Great win 1-0. A bit of panic in defence in injury time but a deserved win based on the amount of attacking over 90 minutes. However for all that, our goal may have been the only real shot on target. Certainly hit denehurst park a few times in the first half & not much better in the second. However there are certainly goals in these team and with a bit more confidence and composure the goals should come. Morley got MOM but Beasley must have been close because he didn't give their 2 centre backs a moments peace.

Well done RS & the team
Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:08 - Sep 11 with 5824 viewsJames1980

Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:55 - Sep 11 by Nigeriamark

Woodwork man of the match 😂

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:18 - Sep 11 with 5713 views442Dale

Proper three points. The formation is working well against sides who also play three at the back as they can’t work out how to pick up Odoh and Newby when they tuck in. There will be matches when we’ll need more bodies in midfield but for now this is working well, as borne out by the first half especially. We are continually getting into the box and with a bit better finishing could have been two or three up at half time. Second half was a battle and we stood firm whilst still looking a threat, thought Coleman did well too. The games are so much more interesting. That’s the main thing.

We are now watching a football team, not a project.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:20 - Sep 11 with 5696 viewsJames1980

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:18 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

Proper three points. The formation is working well against sides who also play three at the back as they can’t work out how to pick up Odoh and Newby when they tuck in. There will be matches when we’ll need more bodies in midfield but for now this is working well, as borne out by the first half especially. We are continually getting into the box and with a bit better finishing could have been two or three up at half time. Second half was a battle and we stood firm whilst still looking a threat, thought Coleman did well too. The games are so much more interesting. That’s the main thing.

We are now watching a football team, not a project.

Or a 'process'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:29 - Sep 11 with 5611 viewsfunkkk

It’s just nice to enjoy watching Dale again. We certainly rode our luck today, though we were the better team, in a good game.
Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:37 - Sep 11 with 5518 viewsjudd

Just how honest and entertaining was that game?

The whole purpose of 2 teams engaging in a competitive sporting fixture, trying to win the fooker.

No more moronic gobshitery from Brian Bottomleys- Mouthpiece.

Tranmere were a hard team to beat and we have 2 goalposts to thank for them not scoring.

So glad to back feeling like a Dale fan now, and not just a walking £

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:37 - Sep 11 with 5506 viewsdawlishdale

Much more entertaining than under BBM, and the players were generally half a stone lighter and much quicker than Tranmere. with a bit more composure and a willingness to shoot, we would have been out of reach by half time, but ultimately, we stuck to it and deservedly won, despite them hitting the woodwork twice.

Coleman looked much more assured today, and there were good runs from O Keefe, but his end product was not up to scratch today.

Dooley and Morley had good games; the former was my MOM.

Odoh did really well in the first half...causing them umpteen problems by running at them with the ball, although he tired after an hour.

One worry was that Feeney skinned Keohane several times down their right, and they really should have scored from at least one chance.

Overall; a really good game with a bit of everything. Well done to the Tranmere fans for their backing.

Up the Dale.
Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:45 - Sep 11 with 5420 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:37 - Sep 11 by judd

The whole purpose of 2 teams engaging in a competitive sporting fixture, trying to win the fooker.

Tranmere were a hard team to beat and we have 2 goalposts to thank for them not scoring.

I was gonna post a few very similar thoughts but you've saved me the trouble... except it'd have been a pleasure!

Enjoyed every minute of that encounter (apart from the injury breaks) and so many satisfying things happening it's difficult to know where to start

But i'll start with luck - it went our way today with the previously mentioned goalposts. But it was satisfying we kept a clean sheet, defended a hard-won lead and sneaked the win i'd hoped at the start of this thread more than expected.

A complete team performance, with no-one really standing out but can't praise Cashman's contribution as sub enough - he just raised our forward line enough to make the difference and just before he scored he was raising the Pearl St crowd too

Yes we've got weaknesses: left CB in particular but i'm pleasantly surprised by (among other things) Dooley's midfield performances and Beesley's centre forward displays which just keep getting better and better

Pretty happy to have our Dale back, and fifth place will do to be going on with!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:49 - Sep 11 with 5366 viewsShun

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:37 - Sep 11 by judd

Absolutely agree with this. What a brilliant game from two teams playing good football, no messing about. Tranmere played their part too - I thought they were excellent in the first half and contributed to one of the best goalless 45 minutes I’ve seen in a long time. Absolute end-to-end football.

Ultimately though a match we very much deserved to win. Morley and Dooley had their best games of the season. O’Keefe was his usual scintillating self but I do wonder if he was trying a bit too hard to impress at times with some of his stepovers.
Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:51 - Sep 11 with 5333 viewsjudd

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:45 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

I was gonna post a few very similar thoughts but you've saved me the trouble... except it'd have been a pleasure!

Enjoyed every minute of that encounter (apart from the injury breaks) and so many satisfying things happening it's difficult to know where to start

But i'll start with luck - it went our way today with the previously mentioned goalposts. But it was satisfying we kept a clean sheet, defended a hard-won lead and sneaked the win i'd hoped at the start of this thread more than expected.

A complete team performance, with no-one really standing out but can't praise Cashman's contribution as sub enough - he just raised our forward line enough to make the difference and just before he scored he was raising the Pearl St crowd too

Yes we've got weaknesses: left CB in particular but i'm pleasantly surprised by (among other things) Dooley's midfield performances and Beesley's centre forward displays which just keep getting better and better

Pretty happy to have our Dale back, and fifth place will do to be going on with!

Yes, it has become a pleasure to watch this team. Morley deserved his MotM and the keeper was probably the most dominant keeper performance since Lonergan was here

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:01 - Sep 11 with 5191 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread v Tranmere on 16:33 - Sep 11 by Dale23years

To negative for me set up wise, should be 433 especially with the talent we have on the bench

56% possession

17 shots at goal

9 corners

1 goal

3 points

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:02 - Sep 11 with 5176 viewsMoonyDale

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:37 - Sep 11 by dawlishdale

Much more entertaining than under BBM, and the players were generally half a stone lighter and much quicker than Tranmere. with a bit more composure and a willingness to shoot, we would have been out of reach by half time, but ultimately, we stuck to it and deservedly won, despite them hitting the woodwork twice.

Coleman looked much more assured today, and there were good runs from O Keefe, but his end product was not up to scratch today.

Dooley and Morley had good games; the former was my MOM.

Odoh did really well in the first half...causing them umpteen problems by running at them with the ball, although he tired after an hour.

One worry was that Feeney skinned Keohane several times down their right, and they really should have scored from at least one chance.

Overall; a really good game with a bit of everything. Well done to the Tranmere fans for their backing.

Up the Dale.

Agree about the Tranmere fans today, Odoh got a terrific round of applause as he walked past the away supporters....Fine game of football today and a deserved win in the end, feels good to be a Daley again....Well done lads...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024