Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgusting behavior 16:42 - Nov 13 with 6680 viewsCanaDale

The abuse that Graham was getting today was tinpot from the stands. Circus music from the fans, personal abuse etc. It is clear the lad is low on confidence, and abuse from the stands towards your own player is counter productive. Why as a fan would you want to shout and yell at your own player, and think the abuse will make them better. When a player is struggling he needs support from everyone.

This also needs to be evident to the manager, when a player is struggling, you shouldn't keep putting him in the firing line. There needs to be managing these situations from the boss.

I will though, never understand why any so called fan would boo one of their own.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 17:13]
Disgusting behavior on 17:13 - Nov 13 with 5666 viewsHullDale

Agreed 100%.

I don't like the whole team being booed off at F/T, but I sort of get it sometimes.

When you have a young player having a shocker, nobody will be more aware of it than he is at the time.... clearly he is low on confidence and carrying a knock, so booing him and the genuinely vicious abuse he was getting from some fans was shocking. What do they expect that to achieve?

It was noticeable that as he walked around the pitch after being subbed off, nobody gave him abuse... if anything he got a ripple of applause.

He had a shocker, he doesn't seem to be a brilliant player (yet) at this level - but throwing that level of abuse at him isn't helping anybody.
Disgusting behavior on 17:15 - Nov 13 with 5646 viewsCanaDale

Disgusting behavior on 17:13 - Nov 13 by HullDale

Agreed 100%.

I don't like the whole team being booed off at F/T, but I sort of get it sometimes.

When you have a young player having a shocker, nobody will be more aware of it than he is at the time.... clearly he is low on confidence and carrying a knock, so booing him and the genuinely vicious abuse he was getting from some fans was shocking. What do they expect that to achieve?

It was noticeable that as he walked around the pitch after being subbed off, nobody gave him abuse... if anything he got a ripple of applause.

He had a shocker, he doesn't seem to be a brilliant player (yet) at this level - but throwing that level of abuse at him isn't helping anybody.

I think it's disgusting that a so called fan would give abuse to a player who is clearly struggling, says more about you imo.
Disgusting behavior on 17:16 - Nov 13 with 5625 viewsrichfoad32

I wonder if his confidence is so shot, he took himself out of the firing line? Don't agree with booing our own, but the dogs abuse he gets on here, is it any wonder some of it spills over into the stands?
Disgusting behavior on 17:18 - Nov 13 with 5604 viewsisitme

The manager should not be putting him in that situation, especially with Taylor being fit. Graham is clearly struggling and needs a spell out of the team to get fitter and his confidence back.
Disgusting behavior on 17:19 - Nov 13 with 5577 viewsCanaDale

Disgusting behavior on 17:16 - Nov 13 by richfoad32

I wonder if his confidence is so shot, he took himself out of the firing line? Don't agree with booing our own, but the dogs abuse he gets on here, is it any wonder some of it spills over into the stands?

This says more about the manager as well, that he didn't realise how much he was struggling.
Disgusting behavior on 17:25 - Nov 13 with 5502 viewsNigeriamark

Disgusting behavior on 17:18 - Nov 13 by isitme

The manager should not be putting him in that situation, especially with Taylor being fit. Graham is clearly struggling and needs a spell out of the team to get fitter and his confidence back.

Toss up between him and Dorsett on who needs a rest. Dorsett was the worse of the two today. Taylor needs to start IMO
Disgusting behavior on 17:29 - Nov 13 with 5466 viewsBarrowdale

Disgusting behavior on 17:25 - Nov 13 by Nigeriamark

Toss up between him and Dorsett on who needs a rest. Dorsett was the worse of the two today. Taylor needs to start IMO

Did say so at half time. I couldnt bring myself to applaud Graham off so just said nowt. Its not his fault, its Stockdales. Absolutely no plan b
Disgusting behavior on 17:30 - Nov 13 with 5451 viewsdawlishdale

Disgusting behavior on 17:19 - Nov 13 by CanaDale

This says more about the manager as well, that he didn't realise how much he was struggling.

Don't like hearing our players getting anything less than full support, but I'm afraid that both Dorsett & Graham were absolutely awful today, and sadly, I can understand the supporters getting frustrated, because it wasn't an odd mistake...it was almost constant.

It's Robbie Stockdales decision to keep playing players who are clearly well short on confidence (and, dare I say ability...if not courage). Thus; he has to step in and remove them from the spotlight.

I can add that Kelly and Keohane also had very poor games today, and he removed the one player who caused them problems with direct running in Odoh. Therefore, I'd be critical of Stockdale for today rather than the players.

Didn't hear any "clown music" chants mind... Which stand were you in CanaDale?
Login to get fewer ads

Disgusting behavior on 17:37 - Nov 13 with 5396 viewsSaxonDale

There was some dire pieces of play from both players- Graham not sorting his feet out for a cross in the first half nearly led to a goal, the ball rolling under Dorsett's foot for the throwing which led to the goal are too stand-outs. Also Graham not stepping up for their first.However these mistakes could ultimately happen at any level (admittedly they shouldn't)

What really frustrated me was first half when Graham lost a tackle 30 yards out and then did at best a light jog back to the penalty box whilst they crossed it in. Or when second half where Dorsett turned around thinking the ball was out of play when an Orient player had it in our box- both of those incidents smacked of two players who simply arent ready.
Disgusting behavior on 17:40 - Nov 13 with 5373 viewsHullDale

Disgusting behavior on 17:30 - Nov 13 by dawlishdale

Don't like hearing our players getting anything less than full support, but I'm afraid that both Dorsett & Graham were absolutely awful today, and sadly, I can understand the supporters getting frustrated, because it wasn't an odd mistake...it was almost constant.

It's Robbie Stockdales decision to keep playing players who are clearly well short on confidence (and, dare I say ability...if not courage). Thus; he has to step in and remove them from the spotlight.

I can add that Kelly and Keohane also had very poor games today, and he removed the one player who caused them problems with direct running in Odoh. Therefore, I'd be critical of Stockdale for today rather than the players.

Didn't hear any "clown music" chants mind... Which stand were you in CanaDale?

The clown music chant came from the back of the WMG after the mistake that led to the throw in that led to their goal.

Probably only 5 or 6 people - but it was loud enough that he would've heard it.

It was also telling that. when he went down before being subbed off and the abuse started again, O'Connell went over to support him and said something in the direction of the WMG too.

Not good. Not good at all.
Disgusting behavior on 17:40 - Nov 13 with 5362 viewsmightydale

Disgusting behavior on 17:29 - Nov 13 by Barrowdale

Did say so at half time. I couldnt bring myself to applaud Graham off so just said nowt. Its not his fault, its Stockdales. Absolutely no plan b

No plan b, now where have me heard that before

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Disgusting behavior on 17:58 - Nov 13 with 5201 views442Dale

Disgusting behavior on 17:40 - Nov 13 by mightydale

No plan b, now where have me heard that before

Whilst changes at the back might have been like for like, we need to be fair here. Chucking Andrews on alongside Beesley made a difference and it gave the latter some support. The result might have been a bit more industrial, route one but it put some pressure on the Orient backline. Therefore, we did see a plan B today.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Disgusting behavior on 18:02 - Nov 13 with 5159 viewsrich_dale

He's a good honest lad and a decent defender but the formation does him no favours, he'd be better in a back 4
Disgusting behavior on 18:26 - Nov 13 with 4974 viewsWalboro

I'm sorry but enough is enough I agree we shouldn't give our own players grief when they are playing on the pitch but after nearly 50 years of watching the dale Dorsett and Graham wont make it in football they cant even find a dale shirt and when they have the ball they look short of ideas and like rabbits in headlights.Both need taking out of the firing line and what about Aidy White I bet he's pi$$sd off unless he is carrying an injury there must be better youth team players.After the Bradford match I said to myself that Dorsett needs taking out of the firing g line for his own good.
Disgusting behavior on 23:00 - Nov 13 with 4335 viewsR17ALE

In response to the OP, I know you have had several "likes", but I will always be of the opinion that those who pay in have the right to voice their opinion. That's football.

Whilst I don't like seeing individuals crucified, I did think when Graham went down "I hope it's not trivial". And Stockdale seemed to think the same from his interview. "I've not asked him".

I know that's a terrible thing to admit, and I was pleased he was subbed. His replacement contributed to our equaliser. And the defence looked much tighter after he'd gone off.

I'm sorry, but Graham is in the Shyte of our Time Category, along with Simpkins, Ryan, Allatt, Young, Boslem etc.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Disgusting behavior on 00:57 - Nov 14 with 4187 viewsswiggy

I’m with R17Dale on this to an extent but my problem is with the “I don’t care attitude”. Anyone defending Graham should look back at the YouTube video of the Notts County equaliser, my dead grandma would have run back faster. I don’t care how poor they are as footballers as long as they care and try but I can’t defend players who obviously don’t give a toss and if they get stick it’s because they deserve it, they are paid good money to do a job and should at least look as though they care and realise how privileged they are to play professionally, doing something a lot of people can only dream of, but they need to realise if they can’t do it at Rochdale they can’t do it anywhere but if they do the world is their oyster. Everyone makes mistakes but at least care about it. Yet another abysmal performance at Spotland.
Disgusting behavior on 03:56 - Nov 14 with 4107 views1907

Disgusting behavior on 00:57 - Nov 14 by swiggy

I’m with R17Dale on this to an extent but my problem is with the “I don’t care attitude”. Anyone defending Graham should look back at the YouTube video of the Notts County equaliser, my dead grandma would have run back faster. I don’t care how poor they are as footballers as long as they care and try but I can’t defend players who obviously don’t give a toss and if they get stick it’s because they deserve it, they are paid good money to do a job and should at least look as though they care and realise how privileged they are to play professionally, doing something a lot of people can only dream of, but they need to realise if they can’t do it at Rochdale they can’t do it anywhere but if they do the world is their oyster. Everyone makes mistakes but at least care about it. Yet another abysmal performance at Spotland.

I’ve never seen a player with body language as poor as Graham. He limps around the pitch with the weight of the world on his shoulders. He’s clearly not enjoying his football or being at the club and as each week passes Stockdale looks more clueless by continuing to put him in the firing line. How on earth he is getting games week in week out and has become almost undroppable is embarrassing. I feel sorry for the lad because he clearly isn’t good enough, but Stockdale is hanging him out to dry.
Disgusting behavior on 09:09 - Nov 14 with 3902 viewsNorthernDale

I agree with 1907 to a degree, in that his body language seems poor, he seems unfit in the way he jogs around the pitch. The question is why? When he came on at Harrogate he seemed an exciting prospect, but what as happened since? Is he carrying an injury and as not full gained full fitness or is confidence completely shot. I think RS has a hard decision, does he rest him and restore Taylor, and bring him on as sub to get his confidence or does he start with him to show RS faith him in his ability and so get his confidence up that way.

However to abuse a Dale player with clown music is not on, we all may groan and moan at players, but that should be the limit.
Disgusting behavior on 10:02 - Nov 14 with 3782 viewsDaley_Lama

Disgusting behavior on 09:09 - Nov 14 by NorthernDale

I agree with 1907 to a degree, in that his body language seems poor, he seems unfit in the way he jogs around the pitch. The question is why? When he came on at Harrogate he seemed an exciting prospect, but what as happened since? Is he carrying an injury and as not full gained full fitness or is confidence completely shot. I think RS has a hard decision, does he rest him and restore Taylor, and bring him on as sub to get his confidence or does he start with him to show RS faith him in his ability and so get his confidence up that way.

However to abuse a Dale player with clown music is not on, we all may groan and moan at players, but that should be the limit.

When he came on at Harrogate he seemed an exciting prospect, but what as happened since?

Answer: He wasn’t getting abused by overweight, over the hill gobby types.

It’s not much fun being a defender in front of the TDS. Shoot wide of the target as an outfield player and you get warm rounds of applause for having a go.

Be a 19 or 21 year old defender however and it is abuse, abuse and more abuse.

Our away form is better than home form, i’m not saying the atmosphere is THE cause but it could be suggested that it is contributory.

Poll: DF in or out

Disgusting behavior on 11:11 - Nov 14 with 3651 viewsEllDale

There was some random heckling towards both Graham and Dorsett from the Sandy in the second half but I think was frustration as much as anything.
It wasn’t as bad as the vitriol I’ve heard towards the likes of Callum Camps over the years.
And yes there was plenty of applause when Taylor replaced Graham but was some of aimed towards Taylor who a lot of people want to see given a chance?
Disgusting behavior on 11:50 - Nov 14 with 3571 viewskel

I’d never boo one of our players at a game but I did have a moan about Graham and Dorsett on Twitter and at half time in the bar. They were shocking and I’m entitled to say so if I think it, despite their age or experience. They were making Sunday league mistakes which shouldn’t happen if you’ve played 1 game or 1000 before.

One thing I did notice after our equaliser was Stockdale having a bit of a glare at the section behind his dugout. Don’t know if something was said that riled him but, unlike a previous manager, he didn’t slate the fans in his interview.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2021 11:51]
Disgusting behavior on 11:55 - Nov 14 with 3554 viewsCanaDale

Disgusting behavior on 23:00 - Nov 13 by R17ALE

In response to the OP, I know you have had several "likes", but I will always be of the opinion that those who pay in have the right to voice their opinion. That's football.

Whilst I don't like seeing individuals crucified, I did think when Graham went down "I hope it's not trivial". And Stockdale seemed to think the same from his interview. "I've not asked him".

I know that's a terrible thing to admit, and I was pleased he was subbed. His replacement contributed to our equaliser. And the defence looked much tighter after he'd gone off.

I'm sorry, but Graham is in the Shyte of our Time Category, along with Simpkins, Ryan, Allatt, Young, Boslem etc.

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion once you pay your money and go in. But be sensible about it you know, like I just never understand abuse after abuse for a player who's clearly struggling. Why can't we try and gee these players up. It's a small stadium and they'll hear all this stuff. First few weeks I saw graham I thought he was a decent player at full back, but this three at the back is killing him. Players at this level are often limited to where they can play best. The trouble is with coaches like Stockdale is they see the top teams and think their own players can adapt to change of system so easily. Stockdale needs to get his head out of these coaching manuels and actually realise the true strengths of his own players.
Disgusting behavior on 12:29 - Nov 14 with 3441 viewsTVOS1907

Disgusting behavior on 11:55 - Nov 14 by CanaDale

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion once you pay your money and go in. But be sensible about it you know, like I just never understand abuse after abuse for a player who's clearly struggling. Why can't we try and gee these players up. It's a small stadium and they'll hear all this stuff. First few weeks I saw graham I thought he was a decent player at full back, but this three at the back is killing him. Players at this level are often limited to where they can play best. The trouble is with coaches like Stockdale is they see the top teams and think their own players can adapt to change of system so easily. Stockdale needs to get his head out of these coaching manuels and actually realise the true strengths of his own players.

Have you any evidence the manager has his head in the 'coaching manuels', because it looks to me you're just trying to find another stick to beat him with.

He's not Basil Fawlty either.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Disgusting behavior on 12:30 - Nov 14 with 3438 viewsDalenet

Disgusting behavior on 09:09 - Nov 14 by NorthernDale

I agree with this. We have all seen footballers out of their depth, and you give them a chance to see if coaching can improve them. But so far it isn't working and the body language doesn't give you any confidence that some of the players are giving it their all. We'll see on Tuesday as the team will need to be changed.
Disgusting behavior on 12:55 - Nov 14 with 3378 viewsD_Alien

Disgusting behavior on 12:29 - Nov 14 by TVOS1907

Have you any evidence the manager has his head in the 'coaching manuels', because it looks to me you're just trying to find another stick to beat him with.

He's not Basil Fawlty either.

True, but sounds like some would like him to do a Hitler impersonation with the players

#blacklisted

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024