Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage (h) Match Thread 10:52 - Nov 22 with 13092 viewsHullDale

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 21:28 - Nov 23 with 3909 viewsFrog

Anyone else waiting for the sucker punch? Γ°ΕΈΒ€β€Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€’
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 21:29 - Nov 23 with 3892 viewsdownunder

Odoh on as sub. If ever there was a perfect time to score...
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 21:42 - Nov 23 with 3752 viewsFrog

It's all over 2-2
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 21:44 - Nov 23 with 3687 viewsfunkkk

FFS!!!
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 21:47 - Nov 23 with 3615 viewsNigeriamark

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 21:42 - Nov 23 by Frog

It's all over 2-2

That is 2 points lost big style. Hammered them for the first 45 and the last 25 minutes. . They had a good spell after their 2nd goal, but we ended up with 27 shots & almost 60% possession

Both their goals caused by weak challenges for the ball. Beesley should have scored 3

You could see why they have the worst away record in the league yet we couldn't claim the 3 points. You can't say anybody had a terrible game, yet we just can't get it done at home.

Entertaining game but disappointing result
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 21:49 - Nov 23 with 3581 viewsdale1968

Bet Robbies ripping tonight..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 21:52 - Nov 23 with 3522 viewsjonahwhereru

This had a late loss written all over it. So perhaps we better than some of the previous Dale sides that would have contrive to loose that.
All I can say is that those paying a fiver got right good value for money. The unbeaten run continues.
Amazing that White, Keohane and Done are all carrying injuries. What is it about the Dale and the left back position.
UTDNFS
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 22:08 - Nov 23 with 3349 viewsShun

How have we not won that?! That first half is the best we’ve played for a while, albeit whilst being aided by a truly terrible Stevenage side. We had ridiculous amounts of space and Kelly was running the show. Beesley and Andrews seemed to be revelling in playing besides each other. To be that dominant over 45 minutes and only go in one goal ahead isn’t great, and we were duly punished early in the second half. 27 shots and only 2 goals. So frustrating.

Also, remarkable shithousery from Stevenage when they subbed a player off and he took an age to dawdle off to a chorus of boos, only for them to make another sub no less than 20 seconds later and do the very same thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 22:25 - Nov 23 with 3182 viewsD_Alien

Huge opportunity to move into the top half missed. I didn't think Stevenage were anywhere near as bad as some have made out. True, their defence went awol a couple of times early on but so did ours, especially for their second. Taylor being left exposed on his 'wrong' side did him no favours but he needed to be much stronger

Having said that, Beesley should've buried his first half header and O'Keeffe contrived to place the ball wide of an open Sandy Lane net

It's anyone's guess who'll start at left wingback on Saturday, but the biggest problem remains putting away pretty straightforward chances when we're on top

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 22:30 - Nov 23 with 3142 viewsgolfaduffy

My first game for a while after hospital. They were absolutely there for the taking in the first half. Bees should have had a hat trick; one of his misses was schoolboy stuff and with a half decent striker we would have been safe. Andrews looks better than I have seen on the highlights and Kelly was best player on the pitch.

second half; we sat back 20 yards deeper, and they punished us once with Taylor oh so weak...should ave been twice. we ended up on top again but never really looked likely winners. It'so disappointing, and sadly, littlle wonder why so many in the sandy were howling at us to gerrit forward. The players won't appreciate it one bit.

Awful awful time wasting from Stevenage....worst I have seen for ages. And awful timekeeping by the referee. 3 minutes !! The bloody goalie wasted twice that on is own ;never mind all their subs going off at a snails pace.

In summary. Please please can we keep a player up when defending a corner? it drags two of theirs back, and gives us an outlet. And please can we stop the needless fannying around at the back when we are chasing the game. Both Taylor an Dorsett didn't look confident with the ball in the last 15 minutes. These are basic Management decisions that need sorting before the crowds will come back.
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 22:30 - Nov 23 with 3138 viewsDelboy

We need to take the chances our play deserves. If we do not put games to bed when we are as dominant as we have been for periods recently we will always be caught out. Our style of play and lack of pace on the two sides of our back three makes us vulnerable to the long ball/or a midfield mistake particularly if the opposition have a pacey striker. Not scoring when its easier to hit the target than miss completely has been happening far to often recently and is hindering the progress we have been making. I bet Robbie is tearing his hair out with frustration at the moment.
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 22:31 - Nov 23 with 3123 viewsDaleFan7

We should have been out of sight at 20 mins and we were punished for not being. All the possession in the world but we still can't do it at home against a team that had previously scored 4 in 8 away from home. Seen more movement in a game of musical statues than in that second half.
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 22:59 - Nov 23 with 2984 viewsDaleiLama

Our season-to-date in a 90 minute nutshell. It's so frustrating watching that and must be even more so playing as part of it. We should be able to and must learn how to put teams like that away when we have our foot on their throats. We shouldn't be walking away feeling like we lost either. Whilst the game might have been entertaining, dropping 2 points at home to Stevenage wasn't. They were dead and buried after 30 mins and we found a way to breathe life back into them. Disappointing.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 23:36 - Nov 23 with 2811 viewsShun

I’ve not seen it mentioned so far, but what happened on the pitch at half time was sheer class from all involved.
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 23:58 - Nov 23 with 2724 viewsboromat

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 23:36 - Nov 23 by Shun

I’ve not seen it mentioned so far, but what happened on the pitch at half time was sheer class from all involved.

What did happen I unfortunately only got back to see the tail end?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 00:00 - Nov 24 with 2722 viewsHullDale

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 23:58 - Nov 23 by boromat

What did happen I unfortunately only got back to see the tail end?

A 96 year old veteran had his medals stolen on Rememberance Day.

The RAFC Veterans group organised replacement medals and a ceremony to present him with them at half time. Brilliant moment.

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 00:22 - Nov 24 with 2668 viewsSandyman

Miss after miss after miss highlights, Great we are creating the chances, but...

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-stevenage/448652
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 06:35 - Nov 24 with 2389 viewsdingdangblue

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 00:22 - Nov 24 by Sandyman

Miss after miss after miss highlights, Great we are creating the chances, but...

Beesley did well to head that wide - easier to hit the target.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 08:58 - Nov 24 with 2137 viewsDaleiLama

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 06:35 - Nov 24 by dingdangblue

Beesley did well to head that wide - easier to hit the target.

We'll never be a United or a City but we are starting to look like sqWanderers

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 09:01 - Nov 24 with 2125 views1907

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 00:22 - Nov 24 by Sandyman

Wow those highlights have somewhere between amazing and hopeless.

To create that many chances and finish in that way is concerning, but I’m now just of a mindset to get to January, reshape the squad and go again for the second half of the season.

We desperately need a no nonsense centre half, a physical defensive midfielder and an experienced striker.
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 09:16 - Nov 24 with 2085 viewsJames1980

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 08:58 - Nov 24 by DaleiLama

We'll never be a United or a City but we are starting to look like sqWanderers

Oh we're the kind of team that likes to pass it round
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 9:16]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 09:38 - Nov 24 with 2044 viewsKnavesmireBob

Was out at the weekend with a York City supporting pal, listening to him bemoaning years of their own small town narcissist running the club into the ground with a complete lack of open and transparent communication to the long suffering fan base. All very familiar and a reminder to count one's blessings.

Last night felt frustrating not to get a deserved win but overall I watched most of it with a huge sense of pride in this young team. On the ball, Kelly, O'Keefe and O'Connell are a joy to watch. Liam Kelly is pure class and will get better and better, I can see him settling here just like Hendo did and becoming one of our modern greats.

My only wish is for a Christmas present that delivers a 4-3-3 formation into the New Year, with Taylor alongside O'Connell and White at left back allowing Jimmy to play the CDM role freeing up Kelly and Morley/Grant to have some fun supplying whatever talented young front 3 that takes to the field. But regardless, we're getting there and I'm enjoying watching it develop.
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 11:29 - Nov 24 with 1829 viewsdawlishdale

Just wanted to add my thoughts on last night.

An excellent first half display, marred by one error from the otherwise excellent Kelly, for which we were punished and a couple of staggering misses when it was easier to score (Beesley the main culprit) but overall; one of the best 45 minutes we have seen for several years, so well done to all for that.

Half time; a wonderful gesture to present the old chap with replacement medals. Superb and feel so proud of everyone involved.

Second half: So weak from Taylor for their equaliser, and there then followed a 10 minute mass panic when they could easily have scored again. Then, a return to the more usual Dale ways of passing it around along the back line, with occasional forays forward; getting more regular as the half went on. Several good chances missed or saved by their (excellent but oh so annoying for time wasting) keeper.

Final point....the referee must surely have made a mistake with the 3 minutes additional time. They made 2 substitutions at snails pace from the wrong side; the keeper wasted 4 or 5 minutes on his own, and there were plenty of other stoppages to boot. I would not have been surprised in the slightest to see 7 minutes added on.

And as for the crowd getting on the players backs; yes...there was plenty of disquiet in the Main Stand, but not as much as could be heard coming from behind both goals. Sandy and TDS fans need to have a word with themselves. it was cringeworthy at times and made worse when there is a poor crowd inside the ground. One chap in the middle of the Sandy could clearly be heard by RS, the players and people sitting near me. He should not bother coming or take anger management classes....or both.

Overall; It's another 2 points dropped, but it extends our unbeaten run. We look better with Kelly in a more advanced midfield role, and Andrews is getting fitter each time he plays, which bodes well for the next few games. We still look dodgy at the back despite EOC playing very well recently. Could we do better? Yes we could. Are we in a much better position than we would have been if Bottomley's evil plan had succeeded? Damn right we are.

Up the Dale Not for Sale.
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 12:56 - Nov 24 with 1638 views1907

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 11:29 - Nov 24 by dawlishdale

Just wanted to add my thoughts on last night.

An excellent first half display, marred by one error from the otherwise excellent Kelly, for which we were punished and a couple of staggering misses when it was easier to score (Beesley the main culprit) but overall; one of the best 45 minutes we have seen for several years, so well done to all for that.

Half time; a wonderful gesture to present the old chap with replacement medals. Superb and feel so proud of everyone involved.

Second half: So weak from Taylor for their equaliser, and there then followed a 10 minute mass panic when they could easily have scored again. Then, a return to the more usual Dale ways of passing it around along the back line, with occasional forays forward; getting more regular as the half went on. Several good chances missed or saved by their (excellent but oh so annoying for time wasting) keeper.

Final point....the referee must surely have made a mistake with the 3 minutes additional time. They made 2 substitutions at snails pace from the wrong side; the keeper wasted 4 or 5 minutes on his own, and there were plenty of other stoppages to boot. I would not have been surprised in the slightest to see 7 minutes added on.

And as for the crowd getting on the players backs; yes...there was plenty of disquiet in the Main Stand, but not as much as could be heard coming from behind both goals. Sandy and TDS fans need to have a word with themselves. it was cringeworthy at times and made worse when there is a poor crowd inside the ground. One chap in the middle of the Sandy could clearly be heard by RS, the players and people sitting near me. He should not bother coming or take anger management classes....or both.

Overall; It's another 2 points dropped, but it extends our unbeaten run. We look better with Kelly in a more advanced midfield role, and Andrews is getting fitter each time he plays, which bodes well for the next few games. We still look dodgy at the back despite EOC playing very well recently. Could we do better? Yes we could. Are we in a much better position than we would have been if Bottomley's evil plan had succeeded? Damn right we are.

Up the Dale Not for Sale.

You make a valid point regarding the referee.

The way he allowed the time wasting antics to start at 50 minutes played was pathetic and he never addressed the issue nor dealt with it correctly.

Their keeper quite literally took the Michael, the heckling from the Sandy backfired because it only made him worse.

The two substitutions incident was a complete farce, again made more ridiculous by the incompetence of the referee.

Between 80-86 minutes there was quite literally no football played it was a sight to behold.

A real β€œhere’s how not to do it” display from the referee regarding timekeeping and managing the shithousery of the away side.
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 15:01 - Nov 24 with 1426 viewsAltDaleComms

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024