Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage (h) Match Thread 10:52 - Nov 22 with 13094 viewsHullDale

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 15:05 - Nov 24 with 2324 views442Dale

Their keeper was great. Was really enjoying himself and nobody can have a go for his antics as it was done with a smile on his face and he wasnโ€™t trying to exactly hide it. All on the ref for not making it clear heโ€™d add on time when it was happening, which was compounded by not actually doing so!

Itโ€™s clear weโ€™d do much the same to manage games, as has been mentioned on here this season, and that their keeper did so whilst playing pantomime villain isnโ€™t so bad. Especially when he flicked that header from over the bar which was given as a goal kick; he did his best to announce to everyone it was a corner and even gestured to the asst ref that he got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 16:15 - Nov 24 with 2193 viewsAtThePeake

Surprised by the chat post-match being dominated by the lack of a goalscoring touch and us not finishing our chances. I think I saw a tweet earlier (that I can no longer find) that had our xG at over 4, which is very high for those who don't tend to take much notice of those stats. It said this was the highest of any team in any game in England's top four divisions or something this season, which shows how many chances we created. We arguably should've won the game 4-2 or 5-2.

However, we've conceded two really avoidable goals from two pretty speculative balls forward from the midfield as well and for me, that's the real worry. They had one strength and that was a little bit of pace in behind and they've managed to score two goals (when they've averaged 0.5 per game on the road this season) because of it. The longer the season continues, the more I feel like Stockdale is sticking with the 3 central defenders because he simply doesn't trust any of the other CBs in a two alongside O'Connell. Taking more of our chances would be great, but scoring twice against a side as poor as Stevenage were last night should be enough for three points and bringing in a better CB in January would make far more of a difference than another striker for me.

Tangled up in blue.

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 17:02 - Nov 24 with 2099 viewsD_Alien

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 16:15 - Nov 24 by AtThePeake

Surprised by the chat post-match being dominated by the lack of a goalscoring touch and us not finishing our chances. I think I saw a tweet earlier (that I can no longer find) that had our xG at over 4, which is very high for those who don't tend to take much notice of those stats. It said this was the highest of any team in any game in England's top four divisions or something this season, which shows how many chances we created. We arguably should've won the game 4-2 or 5-2.

However, we've conceded two really avoidable goals from two pretty speculative balls forward from the midfield as well and for me, that's the real worry. They had one strength and that was a little bit of pace in behind and they've managed to score two goals (when they've averaged 0.5 per game on the road this season) because of it. The longer the season continues, the more I feel like Stockdale is sticking with the 3 central defenders because he simply doesn't trust any of the other CBs in a two alongside O'Connell. Taking more of our chances would be great, but scoring twice against a side as poor as Stevenage were last night should be enough for three points and bringing in a better CB in January would make far more of a difference than another striker for me.

Your point about RS not taking a chance on two CB's in a back four is absolutely spot on; and the need for another experienced CB ( who doesn't miss every other game through injury) is vital

The trouble is, that'd then leave us with three young, inexperienced CBs plus McNulty, with the former no longer gaining the match experience they need to develop. All of which is a legacy of having a shortened timeframe during the summer for RS to bring players in, rather than his judgement being at fault, imo

I'm not too fussed about trying to find another striker who isn't proven. Let's face it, if they were, they wouldn't be coming here and we couldn't afford them. But shore up our defence and we'll be winning these games and moving up the table

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 17:44 - Nov 24 with 1995 viewsJames1980

After reading a couple of articles and watching a few youtube videos. The latest formation obsession of mine is 3 2 3 2. Here is my possible line up

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 17:53 - Nov 24 with 1979 viewsblackdogblue

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 17:44 - Nov 24 by James1980

After reading a couple of articles and watching a few youtube videos. The latest formation obsession of mine is 3 2 3 2. Here is my possible line up

A secret รฐลธยคยฃ

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:08 - Nov 24 with 1939 viewsJames1980

After reading a couple of articles and watching a few YouTube videos. The latest formation obsession of mine is 3 2 3 2. So now I'm trying to fit the players (if fit) into the positions to play this formation.

Here's what I came up with.
Beesley Andrew

White Kelly O'Keefe

Keohane Morley

Dorsett O'Connell Taylor
Strengths Bees and BFG up front. Wee Man able to conduct play from the centre of the park. Bonesy more than capable of playing in the sweeper role. Able to utilise COK's attacking ability down the right wing. Not 100% sure if Done's Uncle, SAJ and Stat Man might be square pegs in round holes though.

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:12 - Nov 24 with 1923 viewsD_Alien

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:08 - Nov 24 by James1980

After reading a couple of articles and watching a few YouTube videos. The latest formation obsession of mine is 3 2 3 2. So now I'm trying to fit the players (if fit) into the positions to play this formation.

Here's what I came up with.
Beesley Andrew

White Kelly O'Keefe

Keohane Morley

Dorsett O'Connell Taylor
Strengths Bees and BFG up front. Wee Man able to conduct play from the centre of the park. Bonesy more than capable of playing in the sweeper role. Able to utilise COK's attacking ability down the right wing. Not 100% sure if Done's Uncle, SAJ and Stat Man might be square pegs in round holes though.

I'll forgive you all that just for "Done's Uncle"

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:19 - Nov 24 with 1902 viewsJames1980

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:12 - Nov 24 by D_Alien

I'll forgive you all that just for "Done's Uncle"

Thank you for your magnanimity. I'm happy for it to be pulled to pieces though go on do your worst. Or if you had to put our players into that formation who would you select?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 18:21]

Login to get fewer ads

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:21 - Nov 24 with 1896 viewsD_Alien

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:19 - Nov 24 by James1980

Thank you for your magnanimity. I'm happy for it to be pulled to pieces though go on do your worst. Or if you had to put our players into that formation who would you select?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 18:21]

Masochist

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:22 - Nov 24 with 1893 viewsHullDale

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 23:58 - Nov 23 by boromat

What did happen I unfortunately only got back to see the tail end?

Full story here:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/november/jimmarland_medalspresentation/
Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:42 - Nov 24 with 1851 viewsDaleiLama

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 16:15 - Nov 24 by AtThePeake

Was it this ATP - statistically it should have finished 4-1? Perhaps we can put in an appeal

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 19:25 - Nov 24 with 1756 viewsShun

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 18:42 - Nov 24 by DaleiLama

Was it this ATP - statistically it should have finished 4-1? Perhaps we can put in an appeal

Yep. As ATP points out, no other English side has had a higher xG in a match this season. Just wow.

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 19:55 - Nov 24 with 1693 viewsblackdogblue

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 19:25 - Nov 24 by Shun

Yep. As ATP points out, no other English side has had a higher xG in a match this season. Just wow.

May I point out the word in the top right hand corner?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Stevenage (h) Match Thread on 12:28 - Nov 26 with 1116 viewsD_Alien

Does anyone know the official attendance for this game?

Edit: got the answer now
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 13:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024