Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread 09:40 - Feb 23 with 33350 viewsCFW

Good morning everyone - I am hoping my midas touch can continue tonight. Started two previous match threads which both ended in wins (against the odds when we were in poor form) so hoping to complete three victories in what, in my opinion is a game we really need to win. This will be a tough, tight match and will be happy with a scrappy 1-0 or a lucky 2-1 Come on boys we can do it and icing on the cake is for Charlie to get the winner!!!!
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:11 - Feb 23 with 2375 viewsA40Bosh

Was at the very back of SAR and no glasses with me so I couldn’t see why Sanderson saw red but I hear it was for a head but. If that’s the case then unforgivable for a pro however young. He owes his team mates and I thought Moses grew in to the game and Uncs was a legend with the amount of running and chasing down he did in the 2nd half.

Hoarse from singing tonight but what a great atmosphere in the ground at the end.

Is this a turning point we can look back on as the start of a great run in?

Urrrrrrrs

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:11 - Feb 23 with 2375 viewsHAYESBOY

Just looking at the Sky highlights, think Sanderson is unlucky. He doesn't head butt the player but makes a gesture with his head as though its what he wants to do. Doesn't touch him.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:12 - Feb 23 with 2360 viewsNorthantsHoop

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:04 - Feb 23 by StreathamRanger

Pleased for the Dominator to come back in and play such an important role. I'll probably change my mind once I've calmed down, but barring any injuries,Sanderson doesn't play again for me. Unforgivable behaviour.

Keep him in the squad just in case but it's a no from me.....for now.

I agree good to see Ball back in again. On Sanderson looks a good player but his actions nearly cost us tonight. Rest of season on the bench for him after that reaction, shame we don't have de wijs, liked him. Anyway Dickie is back on Saturday.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:20 - Feb 23 with 2166 viewsMyke

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:04 - Feb 23 by StreathamRanger

Pleased for the Dominator to come back in and play such an important role. I'll probably change my mind once I've calmed down, but barring any injuries,Sanderson doesn't play again for me. Unforgivable behaviour.

Keep him in the squad just in case but it's a no from me.....for now.

Nah, you can't be that hard on him. He is a young man learning his trade. I certainly made plenty errors at work at his age, just not in the public eye.. Important that we have everyone fit and well for the run in and that we get behind them all.
Of course I may have had a stroke long before the season's end. I was in a room as far away from my wife as possible tonight, and she still had to come and check on me twice to make sure I was ok!.
I wonder has Moses' return to form anything to do with McCallum's imminent return? He was right up there for MOTM along with Hendrick and Chair, who's work-rate in the second half was phenomenal.
One little negative - hope we are not totally drained for Blackburn at the weekend - it would be an excellent chance to put some daylight between us and them
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:20 - Feb 23 with 2161 viewsQPRSteve

Whoever edits the Sky highlights needs shooting. Totally cut out the ball played by Moses to set up the winner.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:21 - Feb 23 with 2143 viewsTramoreRanger

Feck me that was a ballsy display 2nd half........ but it was really unnecessarily so, we were so comfortable 1st half that they didn't have a single attempt on goal....... I really don't know what goes through supposed professional athletes brains at times, everyone knows you do that sort of head movement you're going to be in trouble.......

I actually couldn't really see them scoring as for all their 2nd half possession Seny on had to make 1 decent save from memory..... Good use of subs by Warbles in bringing on fresh legs in Thomas and Amos, and keeping Thomas higher up the pitch to stop them over committing players forward and stretching their defence as shown with the goal......

The spirit in the club is obvious for all to see....... mention for Moses who was terrific tonight, best 90 minutes for the club.......

9 more wins from 13 games gives us 83 points, lets see where it takes us.....

Up The R's
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 22:23]
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:23 - Feb 23 with 2100 viewsStreathamRanger

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:20 - Feb 23 by Myke

Nah, you can't be that hard on him. He is a young man learning his trade. I certainly made plenty errors at work at his age, just not in the public eye.. Important that we have everyone fit and well for the run in and that we get behind them all.
Of course I may have had a stroke long before the season's end. I was in a room as far away from my wife as possible tonight, and she still had to come and check on me twice to make sure I was ok!.
I wonder has Moses' return to form anything to do with McCallum's imminent return? He was right up there for MOTM along with Hendrick and Chair, who's work-rate in the second half was phenomenal.
One little negative - hope we are not totally drained for Blackburn at the weekend - it would be an excellent chance to put some daylight between us and them

You're probably right and I thought he was excellent until he lost his mind. Dozzell's not played much since his red though and I'd imagine it's something Warburton won't think too highly of.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:27 - Feb 23 with 1996 viewsbarbicanranger

Fans put in a shift today as well - that's the best support I've heard in a while and I think it helped the players to believe.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:28 - Feb 23 with 1947 viewsjoe90

I can’t remember the last time I celebrated a goal like that! In fact, I can’t remember the last time a goal sent the ground into overdrive like that.

I’m still buzzing! That’s a big win for us. Immense performance, really proud of the team. From the off you could see they were up for it.

I did say we’d need a performance like the Boro game earlier this season.

Ps: Louis Theroux is one of our own!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 22:32]
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:29 - Feb 23 with 1938 viewsdezzar

Love this team , just keep on going, crowd sounded amazing as well , fantastic night
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:29 - Feb 23 with 1932 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 2 Blackpool 1
This victory was more than just a victory with birthday boy Amos scoring the winner a minute from time.
It was clearly a team effort — not only the fab 10 players left on the pitch — but also the fans.
They roared our Rangers on when all seemed that we were heading for a win - then a likely draw - and then the horror of a possible defeat.
This victory is so sweet. To play with 10-men for 51 minutes of the match and take all three points is impressive.
Dion Sanderson — sent off 6 minutes before HT for a head-butt — that on replay seemed to miss the target — is - as many have put it — an idiot. The intention was there and off he went.
Sanderson had been so impressive but let’s face it — that mad moment may have cost us a play-off spot. Thank goodness it didn’t — hopefully.
So now after this victory can you imagine the reaction of our team in the dressing room after the match — going home on a big high — and ready for another big contest at Blackburn on Saturday.
The adrenaline must be flowing. It was like winning an Olympic medal.
This victory could set us on the path to a top 6 finish.
Our confidence must be so high.
And all this after Warbs — the best manager we’ve had in years — decided not to play with a recognized striker.
A good decision which proved successful.
Two draws and two defeats in our last four Championship matches — and well before that — has shown that our 3 forwards Charlie, Andre and Lyndon — have not been this season of top 6 Championship quality — so far.
But what was so impressive especially after Sanderson’s early bath — was the whole team, pressing, tackling, and concentrating as if their lives depended on it.
Dunne’s headed goal just after the half hour from Jojo’s corner was easy. Field and Dunne had blocked their keeper and Dunne just peeled off to head in.
Willock was replaced by Ball immediately after HT. Ball have a bonus this week.
Amos for Jojo midway through the second half.
Then Thomas for Chair 7 minutes from time after former Ranger Bowler levelled the match 60 seconds before — the ball bouncing into the ground and looping into the net.
Blackpool are not the greatest team in the world but they work hard — especially in defence.
And it was Thomas with his speed from an Odubajo clearance hitting the ball into their near post and birthday boy Amos, 25, running like crazy moved in to score with their defender Thornily involved. It may well have been given as an own goal.
So where are we?
We’re up to third — unbelievable — two points behind second placed Bournemouth but have played three more games.
We’re ahead of Huddersfield on goal difference but have a game in hand, two in front of Blackburn and three ahead of Sheffield Utd, having played one more game.
And we’re 4 points clear of 7th placed Middlesbrough.
So Blackburn is the big one on Saturday.
We couldn’t go into the match with our confidence any higher.
This is a great win because of the circumstances — so let’s celebrate until Saturday’s lunchtime (1230) kick-off.
And we could all be celebrating again around 2.15 on Saturday afternoon.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:30 - Feb 23 with 1910 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:23 - Feb 23 by StreathamRanger

You're probably right and I thought he was excellent until he lost his mind. Dozzell's not played much since his red though and I'd imagine it's something Warburton won't think too highly of.

To be fair to him, it was an ugly challenge that looked like revenge for being pushed off the ball a few seconds earlier. Looked like he was going for his ankle.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:32 - Feb 23 with 1856 viewsStreathamRanger

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:30 - Feb 23 by Wegerles_Stairs

To be fair to him, it was an ugly challenge that looked like revenge for being pushed off the ball a few seconds earlier. Looked like he was going for his ankle.

It was a filthy challenge. If you're going to nut him though you might as well do it properly or not bother at all.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:32 - Feb 23 with 1856 viewsessextaxiboy

Quiet pint before my train , fantastic defensive display , tactics with 10 spot on .Dom Ball ..superb
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:32 - Feb 23 with 1850 viewsMyke

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:23 - Feb 23 by StreathamRanger

Good point re Dozzell. Only thing is with Jordi and Masterson out on loan, Sanderson is our only recognised CB. Let's hope Dickie, Dunne and Barbet come through the next 3 unscathed
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:39 - Feb 23 with 1729 viewsNortholt_Rs

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:27 - Feb 23 by barbicanranger

Fans put in a shift today as well - that's the best support I've heard in a while and I think it helped the players to believe.

As crap as the stadium is….there’s no place like it on a night like tonight. Fantastic!!! Fans were immense. Buzzing!!!! COYRs!!!!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:41 - Feb 23 with 1710 viewsR_from_afar

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 21:50 - Feb 23 by Stainrod

OG or Luke?

The BBC live text said OG in real time but is now crediting Amos with the goal

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:45 - Feb 23 with 1653 viewsManinBlack

Great win and not for the first time we have to win with 10 men this season. Joy at the late winner was marred by Huddersfield and Sheffield Utd getting winners in stoppage time and Luton winning again. Its about time those three teams lost.

I assume our support was loud tonight remembering how loud Blackpool's support was up there. I don't know why Quest called our keeper Timothy Dieng on the highlights.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:46 - Feb 23 with 1637 viewsgobbles

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:30 - Feb 23 by Wegerles_Stairs

Sanderson dropped us in it, full stop. Ridiculous reaction from a player who presumably fancies himself as as future Premier League player. We were cruising until then and, let's face it, the foul wasn't so bad that it stopped him jumping up immediately to go over and nut him. Complete idiot.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:49 - Feb 23 with 1600 viewsStainrod

Lets not get on Sanderson's back - he won't need telling it was stupid. Young players make mistakes - not least crowd favourite Jimmy Dunne with another diabolical clearance laying on their equaliser. But who cares? We won, and team spirit - down on the floor before - will now be sky high as we face Blackburn at just the right time. You Rssss!
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:50 - Feb 23 with 1582 viewsGreenbay

Having watched the replay of our winning goal several times - it was Amos the scorer.
As Thomas cuts in from the left flank - Amos gestures to him where to put the ball.
Over comes the pinpoint cross and the birthday boy flicks it into the net.
Hope Amos was able to blow out all 25 candles on his celebratory cake - maybe in the dressing room!
A brilliant goal having watched it 5 times - after a wonderful clearance from the fast improving Odubajo.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:50 - Feb 23 with 1563 viewsgobbles

George Thomas MOM, obviously
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:52 - Feb 23 with 1536 viewsstowmarketrange

Just on the train home again,but after that last minute winner I could just as easily fly home.What a game to win,and what a time to score the winner.
Well done to all the players and the fans for doing their bit too.
Roll on the 06.12 train to Blackburn on Saturday.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:58 - Feb 23 with 1477 viewsMrSheen

Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:46 - Feb 23 by gobbles

Sanderson dropped us in it, full stop. Ridiculous reaction from a player who presumably fancies himself as as future Premier League player. We were cruising until then and, let's face it, the foul wasn't so bad that it stopped him jumping up immediately to go over and nut him. Complete idiot.

Brainless from Sanderson, he might have brushed his forehead against the Blackpool player, but still…bad foul on him but he must have known it was coming. Could have bitten his lip, let the Blackpool take the card. Turned a comfortable night against a really toothless side into a desperate struggle.

But then, if the ref had given the obvious foul by Sanderson in the first place, James wouldn’t have been out for payback, so obvious what he was going to do. Laissez faire referees think they help the game flow, but they stoke this kind of retribution - see also Dike on Barbet.
Blackpool Hatrick - Match Thread on 22:59 - Feb 23 with 1472 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Liked the look of Gabriel, their number four. I see he came from Forest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024