Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread 09:20 - Mar 7 with 15355 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57231/will-enforced-chan

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57236/swansea-city-v-ful

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Korey Smith, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Olivier Ntcham, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Jay Fulton, Kyle Joseph, Joel Latibeaudiere, Finley Burns, Cameron Congreve.

Fulham: Marek Rodak; Harrison Reed, Neeskens Kebano, Harry Wilson, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Tim Ream (captain), Tosin Aderabioyo, Neco Williams, Jean Michael Seri, Fabio Carvalho, Antonee Robinson.

Substitutes: Paulo Gazzaniga. Kenny Tete, Michael Hector, Tom Cairney, Nathaniel Chalobah, Bobby Decordova-Reid, Ivan Cavaleiro.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:33 - Mar 8 with 1294 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Mar 8 by onehunglow

Any team below can easily beat us.

Manning has not cost us this game although Martin will have his excuse.

We have been utterly stupid

No excuses.
Manning getting sent off changed the game.
Followed by Fisher's kamikaze act 30 seconds into the second half
If not for the sending off we would have carried on in the second half as we did the first half

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Mar 8 with 1289 viewsgordondg

Fulham manager says yellow card.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:58 - Mar 8 with 1222 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Mar 8 by gordondg

He’s changed his mind since watching the replays and seeing Wilson’s leg.

“In that moment, if you ask me, if I thought it was a red card, I have to say no. After seeing Harry Wilson’s leg, I started to think in a different way,” said Silva.

“If you saw the leg of Harry Wilson, maybe you would think in a different way also.

“I didn’t see the broadcast image. In the first moment I thought it would be yellow.“.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:07 - Mar 9 with 1200 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:22 - Mar 8 by mahoss

I agree.
Teams get players sent off,it happens…….
But to concede 5 in 45 mins at home is pretty shocking by any standards.
We were all over the place,the 1st was laughable.

They were on a different level to us. It looks as if the last two wins we had could have been a false dawn
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:11 - Mar 9 with 1193 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:07 - Mar 9 by controversial_jack

They were on a different level to us. It looks as if the last two wins we had could have been a false dawn

We were the better side until the sending off.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:12 - Mar 9 with 1190 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:07 - Mar 9 by controversial_jack

They are on a different level to most clubs in this league though, we really shouldn’t be measuring ourselves against them.

There won’t be many teams like Fulham gracing this league, Newcastle being the last I remember being as good as these.

But the capitulation is a niggling concern as is the discipline. 5 goals conceded in a half is hard to ignore completely.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:13 - Mar 9 with 1186 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:11 - Mar 9 by lifelong

Not sure I agree with that either.

We were just cancelling each other out, no real threat posed by either. But they had another two or three gears, that was clear.

Not sure we did.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:35 - Mar 9 with 1174 viewsTreforys_Jack

I'd say we were shading it as well, just !
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 07:31 - Mar 9 with 1023 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Mar 8 by gordondg

Don't fall for it,if it had been a yellow he wouldn't be saying,right decision he be screaming for red..he can say that now after he was sent off and won 5,1 but don't think he won't have said that if result different and he had yellow
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 07:49 - Mar 9 with 1007 viewsmagicdaps10

We were holding our own against them and we looked far more comfortable on the ball than them BUT even if we didn't get the red card it would always have been a different 2nd half.

We just roll on from this one, 45 mins against Fulham with 10 men was always going to end up as an horror show, teams in this league have conceded 5+ against this team with 11 men.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 08:55 - Mar 9 with 937 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:38 - Mar 8 by theloneranger

OHL ...

You must wear a condom when you watch the Swans or the Wales rugby team, just to keep your pants dry!!
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 21:40]

Thanks friend.Im still sexually active.Ask Wifey.

It is other people that need to be wary.

What about last night then,Champ. Happy with that.?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 08:58 - Mar 9 with 935 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Mar 8 by Badlands

There’s a core who blame Cabango for everything.
On Saturday a bloke in front of me was ripping into Cabango every time Christie made a mistake!
Go figure.

Cabango ,last night,had to clear a ball that was destined for our keeper.
He had to clear as Fisher did not make a call for the ball. He id that as he is a coward . Cabango is the polar opposite;a kid not afraid to front up.

He has the worst keeper in the league behind him

Fisher is beyond bad and anyone defending him is dumb

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:01 - Mar 9 with 934 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:55 - Mar 8 by lifelong

‘Manning has not cost us the game’

Who did then….Dennis Compton?

Compton an interesting analogy,a true great that went to dinner parties ,had a liaison overnight and then walked to Lords and scored a century before lunch.
I'll answer your remark later when Im less fhacked off.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:07 - Mar 9 with 926 viewsonehunglow

Richie to Lifey...

NO Manning did NOT cost us the game necessarily.Granted the overated jerk didnt help but we went into that second hald 0-0 and should have had a plan to defend tightly and not faff about at the back. Mitrovic spent the firt half waiting for the chance.
Leon Britton said Mitrovic want one to run around chasing!.He doesnt need to.He waits and pounces.

Our farkwit keeper within 15 seconds decides to carry on doing what Martin tells him and Mitro says ffala and strokes it in. Then we fold. A goalkeeper seals a side. Ours is broken ,peeled and rotten but we let it be.

We were doing ok even without Manning and the interval should have seen us shut us shop and change tactics.

There you have it

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:29 - Mar 9 with 906 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:12 - Mar 9 by Dr_Parnassus

They are on a different level to most clubs in this league though, we really shouldn’t be measuring ourselves against them.

There won’t be many teams like Fulham gracing this league, Newcastle being the last I remember being as good as these.

But the capitulation is a niggling concern as is the discipline. 5 goals conceded in a half is hard to ignore completely.

I think a portion of blame for the capitulation must go down to weak captaincy. You need a strong character to make sure the team play not just with spirit but with the right tactics, keeping it tight.

In Grimes we don’t have that I fear. He’s improved upon his on field play but a captain he’s not.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:33 - Mar 9 with 895 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:29 - Mar 9 by union_jack

I think a portion of blame for the capitulation must go down to weak captaincy. You need a strong character to make sure the team play not just with spirit but with the right tactics, keeping it tight.

In Grimes we don’t have that I fear. He’s improved upon his on field play but a captain he’s not.

We've discussed this before.#
Grimes Is no captain nor leader.
Another crass Martin decision.

We need not be this bad

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Mar 9 with 890 viewsswan65split

We were in with a chance of something till the sending off.

After that we have only ourselves to blame. The sending off changed everything.

Not a red in my eyes, I've seen worse this season go unpunished , especially amongst some top Prem teams! , I can understand our Manager/teams anger as the pincer tackle on Flynn put him out of the game, and could have caused a major injury, and no action on that one.

Wilsons attempt at winning the best fallers challenge just in front of the bench , got the ref to act, Wilson was a disgrace, I had a bigger injury the day before getting the mower out of the shed, no rolling about or swearing from me, and I never noticed the blood till later.

The goals were gifted, Fulham didn't win we gifted it to them, how many goals did we hand them? even the last goal as spectacular as it looked , Paterson more or less stopped to admire the shot rather than put him off.

After all that , lets be honest with ourselves, we didint ex[ect a lot last night, but there were signs in that first half of "improvement"

Learn, work hard, and move on, next season.

Final note the fourth official deffo has it in for us, I dread every game he has with us. and looks like the ref is following suit.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:48 - Mar 9 with 870 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:07 - Mar 9 by onehunglow

Richie to Lifey...

NO Manning did NOT cost us the game necessarily.Granted the overated jerk didnt help but we went into that second hald 0-0 and should have had a plan to defend tightly and not faff about at the back. Mitrovic spent the firt half waiting for the chance.
Leon Britton said Mitrovic want one to run around chasing!.He doesnt need to.He waits and pounces.

Our farkwit keeper within 15 seconds decides to carry on doing what Martin tells him and Mitro says ffala and strokes it in. Then we fold. A goalkeeper seals a side. Ours is broken ,peeled and rotten but we let it be.

We were doing ok even without Manning and the interval should have seen us shut us shop and change tactics.

There you have it

You sad piece of ...
You cannot wait to jump all over Fisher and Martin.
We all saw what happened last night.
Manning let himself and the team down.
Before many had taken their seats Fisher messed up.
Martin made the right calls last night.
Once the players cross the line, they have to take ownership.
If Manning had not had been sent off who knows what may have happened?
Fisher is poor and needs to be dropped I agree.
However, you are so sad as to wanting to clearly take pleasure in that performance and result.
Hope you have nothing to moan about on Saturday.
Better still stay home and slag us off from afar as per norm eh Perch ?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:52 - Mar 9 with 854 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:33 - Mar 9 by onehunglow

We've discussed this before.#
Grimes Is no captain nor leader.
Another crass Martin decision.

We need not be this bad

Another dig.
More digs on here than the whole of the past week
No surprise there
Fulham aren't runaway leaders for nothing
Take your anti Martin / Fisher / Grimes glasses off and smell the truth.
No excuse for last night but keep it real eh ?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:56 - Mar 9 with 831 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:52 - Mar 9 by STID2017

Another dig.
No surprise there

0907-0933.
Odd that.

Now then,Champ.

Are you happy right now?
Do you think our keeper is efficient

Do you think we are well led

If you want to play the insult game with me you will lose.I will crush you as I have others under foot.

If you like ,you could DM me with your best insults,you best Russ Love ;at least it'll save the poor readers of this fine site from burning their eyelids with your trash.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:56 - Mar 9 with 831 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Mar 9 by swan65split

We were in with a chance of something till the sending off.

After that we have only ourselves to blame. The sending off changed everything.

Not a red in my eyes, I've seen worse this season go unpunished , especially amongst some top Prem teams! , I can understand our Manager/teams anger as the pincer tackle on Flynn put him out of the game, and could have caused a major injury, and no action on that one.

Wilsons attempt at winning the best fallers challenge just in front of the bench , got the ref to act, Wilson was a disgrace, I had a bigger injury the day before getting the mower out of the shed, no rolling about or swearing from me, and I never noticed the blood till later.

The goals were gifted, Fulham didn't win we gifted it to them, how many goals did we hand them? even the last goal as spectacular as it looked , Paterson more or less stopped to admire the shot rather than put him off.

After all that , lets be honest with ourselves, we didint ex[ect a lot last night, but there were signs in that first half of "improvement"

Learn, work hard, and move on, next season.

Final note the fourth official deffo has it in for us, I dread every game he has with us. and looks like the ref is following suit.

If you have seen worse go unpunished then that means those decisions were incorrect as opposed to them being right and this one incorrect.

It’s as textbook a sending off for “serious foul play” as you can get, it’s literally to the letter of the law.

Any player who lunges at an opponent for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or two legs , with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play .”

He lunged from the side, caught him above the ankle and the only reason it didn’t result in a serious injury is because he saw it coming and rode it by lifting his feet off before impact.

I hope the talk of appeal from Martin yesterday was just frustration because we don’t have a snowballs chance in hell of winning it.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:01 - Mar 9 with 825 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:52 - Mar 9 by STID2017

Another dig.
No surprise there

He was gearing up to have a ball if we lost, and he is. Posted more since last night than he has after any three victories I'd wager.

Sad, pathetic individual.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:06 - Mar 9 with 822 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:56 - Mar 9 by onehunglow

0907-0933.
Odd that.

Now then,Champ.

Are you happy right now?
Do you think our keeper is efficient

Do you think we are well led

If you want to play the insult game with me you will lose.I will crush you as I have others under foot.

If you like ,you could DM me with your best insults,you best Russ Love ;at least it'll save the poor readers of this fine site from burning their eyelids with your trash.

Only just read your posts that is why I only answered them now.
No real Swans fan is happy at what happened.
As I posted, I agree Fisher should be dropped.
However as I also stated you are the only one taking pleasure in the result as an excuse to bash Martin / Fisher / Grimes.
All other posts have been fair exchange of different views.
Yours all through yesterday evening and this morning are Swans bashing.
As I said, stay home and moan from afar.
Before you jump on that one, not knocking real supporters whether they will be in Blackpool or at home on Saturday.
Just you don't qualify Perch.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:08 - Mar 9 with 817 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:01 - Mar 9 by Dr_Winston

He was gearing up to have a ball if we lost, and he is. Posted more since last night than he has after any three victories I'd wager.

Sad, pathetic individual.

Yes sad indeed.
We are all gutted at what happened after the sending off and there are no excuses.
How he enjoyed it though ... unreal

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:15 - Mar 9 with 792 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:06 - Mar 9 by STID2017

Only just read your posts that is why I only answered them now.
No real Swans fan is happy at what happened.
As I posted, I agree Fisher should be dropped.
However as I also stated you are the only one taking pleasure in the result as an excuse to bash Martin / Fisher / Grimes.
All other posts have been fair exchange of different views.
Yours all through yesterday evening and this morning are Swans bashing.
As I said, stay home and moan from afar.
Before you jump on that one, not knocking real supporters whether they will be in Blackpool or at home on Saturday.
Just you don't qualify Perch.

I’ve noticed something in the last few games which was repeated last night.

Fisher has a problem with shifting his weight. He’s been rooted to the spot on many occasions because he doesn’t have the ability / capability to go back the other way quickly. Bit of a disadvantage for a keeper and not one that can be remedied easily.

Id give him some more time because given our league position, this is the perfect opportunity to let him make mistakes and learn from them. And of course, Martin is not going to admit failure at this point.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024