Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS 18:38 - Mar 25 with 2091 viewsdurham_exile

Our third game in succession against a side with Rovers in the title. The first two have been disappointing defeats. I think that we deserved a point at the Memorial Ground and definitely should have taken a point on Monday night in the SKY televised game. I am disappointed because our approach play and general performance has been much better of late.

The problem is if we lose another close-run game 1-0 on Saturday then the trap door to relegation gets closer.

Scunny are doomed and my money is still on Stevenage for the second team even though Rochdale could yet face a points deduction.

Rochdale 37 40
COL U 38 39
Barrow 37 37
Stevenage 37 34
Oldham 37 31
Scunny 38 24

Remaining Fixtures:
Tranmere H
Harrogate A*
Stevenage H
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A*

Three more victories should be enough and if we can defeat Tranmere, Harrogate and Stevenage then that would give us 48 points and the breathing space of five more games to garner maybe another 3 points to ensure the magic 50+ points figure is reached.

Micky Mellon, me old fruit, brings his promotion wanabees to the JSCS on Saturday. Good at home as we found out earlier in the season when I watched us lose 2-0 on the Wirral, but not so good away from home and frankly, we need to get something this weekend. Feeling sorry for ourselves after another narrow defeat at the weekend is not going to be helpful and will put the pressure right back especially if some of these fixtures don’t go our way.

Crawley v Rochdale
Exeter v Stevenage
Orient v Barrow
Oldham v Mansfield
Scunny v Harrogate

Harrogate are having such a shocking time at present that you could even see them lose at Scunny.

So, what team does WB select on Saturday?

Tommy Smith is unavailable having captained his New Zealand side to a 7-1 victory over New Caledonia during the week. Armando Dobra (who) and Tyreik Wright will both be away on international duty too.

Question marks also remain over the fitness of Dallison, Judge (congratulations on that great goal) Huws, Hannant and Edwards (who we really missed on Monday night).

So, I would go for the following:

George

Coxe Chambers Eastman Kenlock

Skuse Wiredu Chilvers

Sears Akinde Andrews

Subs
Hornby Tchamadeu MWH Marshall Miranda Thomas Tovide

Will WB go for the attacking line up. Frankly he has little choice with several first teamers out injured. Edwards would play if fit but we cannot risk him if we need him to be fit for vital games coming up.

Big John Akinde needs 90 minutes under his belt and I am a great fan of Corie Andrews. So, play them alongside Freddie Sears in a rousing three-man forward line.

Weather is set fair with 16 degrees Celsius, bright and sunny and dry conditions.

Our pitch is sadly still not up to previous years. Looking a little threadbare but should still give a good game.

Scoreline 2-0 to the Super U’s, a clean sheet and Big John to lash home his first goal for the club with Andrews scoring after a sublime move.

Incidentally I would have Ben Stevenson back in a heartbeat, he was outstanding for FGR but that ship has sailed.

If only we could guarantee another 6,000 crowd but it will probably be half that on Saturday, but Eddie is back.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:43 - Mar 26 with 834 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:41 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

I am raging here

WB hanging on for a point when he could have taken the game to Tranmere.

Looks like no Andrews today

Very sad

Tranmere won't be promoted on this showing.

Come on we can win this

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:47 - Mar 26 with 828 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:41 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

I am raging here

WB hanging on for a point when he could have taken the game to Tranmere.

Looks like no Andrews today

Very sad

Hannant off Tchamadeu on

No Andrews today but

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:49 - Mar 26 with 818 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:47 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Hannant off Tchamadeu on

No Andrews today but

Final four minutes

0-0

Any other score now would be a gross injustice

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:53 - Mar 26 with 814 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:49 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Final four minutes

0-0

Any other score now would be a gross injustice

Tchamadeu play him upfront

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:56 - Mar 26 with 804 viewsgerry_us

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:53 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Good call Peter. What a strike.
Three points
Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:57 - Mar 26 with 801 viewswessex_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:53 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

YES!!!!!!

What a finish from Junior, and with Mansfield's late winner at Oldham, what a perfect way to finish this afternoon!

We are staying up, say we are staying up!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 17:01 - Mar 26 with 792 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:57 - Mar 26 by wessex_exile

YES!!!!!!

What a finish from Junior, and with Mansfield's late winner at Oldham, what a perfect way to finish this afternoon!

We are staying up, say we are staying up!

Realistically 6 more points, but everyone can breath easier tonight.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 17:18 - Mar 26 with 771 viewsburnsieespana

Huge result given how Oldham, Barrow, Stevenage and Rochdale were beaten.
Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 17:18 - Mar 26 with 771 viewswessex_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 19:38 - Mar 25 by wessex_exile

Great write-up Durham, and I'd overlooked that Tommy captained New Zealand, so good for him! Obviously I'll be more than happy with your predicted outcome, even if my OMB prediction is 2-1 with Chilvers getting the first. To be honest, I'll take 1-0 with the proverbial "one of the @rse" in the 95th minute at this stage. You're right too, Ben Stevenson was the best player on the pitch on Monday night, but heyho, we can't turn the clock back unfortunately.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 19:39]

Ahem - okay, it wasn't MoM Chilvers, and it most certainly wasn't one of the @rse, but I'm going to take it was the 95th minute, and for a 1-0 win!

Up the U's

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 17:39 - Mar 26 with 753 viewsnoah4x4

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 17:18 - Mar 26 by wessex_exile

Ahem - okay, it wasn't MoM Chilvers, and it most certainly wasn't one of the @rse, but I'm going to take it was the 95th minute, and for a 1-0 win!

Jubilant victory in an entertaining game where two determined defences cancelled each other out. Tranmere often nick a 1-0 but it was our turn. We played the more attractive football and I felt it was deserved. Now heading for pub….
Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 17:44 - Mar 26 with 750 viewspwrightsknees

Watched it on iFollow.

Mrs PWK has just entered the room, looked at me sitting here with a big grin on my face, and asked me "was it a good match then?"

I really don't know how to answer that after suffering the first 94 minutes.

But up the U's anyway.
Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 17:47 - Mar 26 with 750 viewswessex_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 17:39 - Mar 26 by noah4x4

Jubilant victory in an entertaining game where two determined defences cancelled each other out. Tranmere often nick a 1-0 but it was our turn. We played the more attractive football and I felt it was deserved. Now heading for pub….

Enjoy Noah - can't beat a last gasp screamer to win a game, and every other result goes our way. Have a good one, I know I will tonight.

Up the U's

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 18:57 - Mar 26 with 725 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 17:47 - Mar 26 by wessex_exile

Enjoy Noah - can't beat a last gasp screamer to win a game, and every other result goes our way. Have a good one, I know I will tonight.

Harrogate and Stevenage are there for the taking.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 19:46 - Mar 26 with 702 viewsbwildered

Don’t want to be resentful, has a win is a win, especially against a top half side, but it will just encourage the management in gaining wins in playing a unadventurous, unglamorous, bland game of football . Fair dues there is a time and place due to the circumstances for such performances to get us out of the mess we have been in, over the long term, but it will not encourage a return to a bigger fan base, especially the floating supporters.
On the positive, a wonderful strike by Junior, just hoping he woud keep the volley down and a wonderful save by George. Too much basic work not executed well enough generally throughout.
Hopefully these three golden points has taken off the pressure in performance and given more freedom to play a more attractive game the rest of the season.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 20:22 - Mar 26 with 676 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 19:46 - Mar 26 by bwildered

Don’t want to be resentful, has a win is a win, especially against a top half side, but it will just encourage the management in gaining wins in playing a unadventurous, unglamorous, bland game of football . Fair dues there is a time and place due to the circumstances for such performances to get us out of the mess we have been in, over the long term, but it will not encourage a return to a bigger fan base, especially the floating supporters.
On the positive, a wonderful strike by Junior, just hoping he woud keep the volley down and a wonderful save by George. Too much basic work not executed well enough generally throughout.
Hopefully these three golden points has taken off the pressure in performance and given more freedom to play a more attractive game the rest of the season.

Unfortunately WB doesn't know how to unshackle the team.

However two more wins against Harrogate and Stevenage and we may see more youngsters promoted.

Thomas and Tovide can then be given some game time.

But we need those 48 points.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 20:32 - Mar 26 with 670 viewswessex_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 20:22 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Unfortunately WB doesn't know how to unshackle the team.

However two more wins against Harrogate and Stevenage and we may see more youngsters promoted.

Thomas and Tovide can then be given some game time.

But we need those 48 points.

Up the U's

Whilst I will welcome those 48 points, I honestly don't see us needing them. Oldham and Stevenage are in free-fall, and even if Oldham get 12 points from their last 8 games (unlikely), Stevenage won't even come close to matching that and fall behind. I think RS's final league table is pretty much spot-on and we're only at most 2-3 points (if that) from absolute safety.

Up the U's

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 07:32 - Mar 27 with 614 viewsnoah4x4

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 20:32 - Mar 26 by wessex_exile

Whilst I will welcome those 48 points, I honestly don't see us needing them. Oldham and Stevenage are in free-fall, and even if Oldham get 12 points from their last 8 games (unlikely), Stevenage won't even come close to matching that and fall behind. I think RS's final league table is pretty much spot-on and we're only at most 2-3 points (if that) from absolute safety.

I agree Wessex. Although not mathematically so, I think we are already safe.

One has to consider the remaining fixtures. The now vulnerable teams have horrible run-ins and often play each other in games where one or both must drop points. It is now Scunny plus one of Oldham, Stevenage or Barrow unless a points deduction drags Rochdale into the fray.

Playing Tchamadeu up front was pure genius! He nearly gave us a point last week. and reminds me of Elliott Hewitt, a full back that became good as a forward. Young, fearless, fit and fast. He and Coxe might be a thrilling combination, with both having defensive qualities too. Then, when fit, bring Clampin in for Kemlock.
Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 20:41 - Mar 28 with 469 viewsburnsieespana

Just seen the highlights and have to say how well Judge did to both get to the ball and hook it back to Junior pretty well unmarked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024