Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendos' back 17:07 - Jul 12 with 11802 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/july/ianhendersonreturns/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hendos' back on 17:10 - Jul 12 with 6918 viewsjudd

The hair's on the back of my neck are stood up rigid.

Great news, and fook you, Bottomley.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hendos' back on 17:13 - Jul 12 with 6883 viewsBrierls

Can he play left back, etc.

So fcuking good to have him back and looking to break that record! If Hendo gets it, we'll have done OK too!
Hendos' back on 17:20 - Jul 12 with 6802 viewsThreeLions

Another two fingers up at bottomley. Get in there. How many goals does he need to beat the record ?
Hendos' back on 17:21 - Jul 12 with 6802 viewssweetcorn

Welcome home, GOAT

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hendos' back on 17:23 - Jul 12 with 6756 viewsRotherhamDale

I was a bit meh about him coming back because of his age and injuries but now he's here...

GET IN

Possession with progression.

Hendos' back on 17:27 - Jul 12 with 6687 viewsjudd

Hendos' back on 17:20 - Jul 12 by ThreeLions

Another two fingers up at bottomley. Get in there. How many goals does he need to beat the record ?

Is it 3?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hendos' back on 17:29 - Jul 12 with 6658 viewsD_Alien

RS: “I want to make it really clear that it’s not a nostalgic thing because I wasn’t here the first time Ian was here. It’s a footballing decision and it’s my decision..."

Hendo: "“I’m really looking forward to working under Robbie Stockdale. I see it as a new challenge and working with new people with new ideas. All I can say is I’m really excited to be back at the football club to help it progress.

“[I met with the manager] last Monday and I really enjoyed spending my time with him..."

That's a ringing endorsement for RS from Hendo, and it very much sounds mutual

Fantastic!

[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 17:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendos' back on 17:39 - Jul 12 with 6532 views442Dale

Where this deal makes most sense is adding proven experience to the strikers we’ve already got, something ATP mentioned elsewhere. To turn an once-used phrased on its head, if Robbie Stockdale’s happy, fans should be happy.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Hendos' back on 17:42 - Jul 12 with 6482 viewsEllDale

I was quite ambivalent before it was announced but now it’s official I’m more than pleased.
Can’t wait for July 30th now.
Hendos' back on 18:09 - Jul 12 with 6241 viewsboromat

Hendos' back on 17:13 - Jul 12 by Brierls

Can he play left back, etc.

So fcuking good to have him back and looking to break that record! If Hendo gets it, we'll have done OK too!

No but we've seen him at right back once

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hendos' back on 18:13 - Jul 12 with 6207 viewsboromat

We now have a real spine of experience and some players approaching their 'prime' still with something to prove. Think we'll most likely see a sprinkling of loan signings bringing in some young talent now. With maybe the exception of one of the wing back positions.

Think its 3 to join Reg and 4 to beat him.

Hendos' back on 18:22 - Jul 12 with 6139 viewsReedy

You can tell in his interview with Leighanne that his feeling for the club is genuine. I think it’s very rare nowadays for a player not to roll out the cliches when signing for a new club, but he looks delighted.

I hope he breaks the record at home and gets a standing ovation for breaking such an incredible record.

Blog: The FA Cup

Hendos' back on 18:52 - Jul 12 with 5904 viewssamueloneils

I am not too concerned about the legacy etc.

What Hendo will give if he is used best will be to support probably 2 strikers who are not natural target men but who should give us movement up front. His natural positional sense on the pitch should nicely balance attacking flair from Kelly and Brierley and perhaps give width on the right. So much depends on his fitness, but the risk of injuries isprobably RS`s main concern throughout the team.

I think he will add balance to the squad.
Hendos' back on 19:00 - Jul 12 with 5839 viewsJames1980

Hendos' back on 18:52 - Jul 12 by samueloneils

I am not too concerned about the legacy etc.

What Hendo will give if he is used best will be to support probably 2 strikers who are not natural target men but who should give us movement up front. His natural positional sense on the pitch should nicely balance attacking flair from Kelly and Brierley and perhaps give width on the right. So much depends on his fitness, but the risk of injuries isprobably RS`s main concern throughout the team.

I think he will add balance to the squad.

He is the chosen one

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hendos' back on 19:14 - Jul 12 with 5749 viewsdale5758

im so so happy hes back with us i hope we never treat a legend badly ever again...see gary jones and reggie himself weve not covered ourselves in glory with how we said bye to them especially gary (keiths fault)

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Hendos' back on 19:25 - Jul 12 with 5678 viewselectricblue

A few of Hendos delights...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf6_c-0qFYh/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hendos' back on 19:26 - Jul 12 with 5662 viewsjonahwhereru

I wonder what squad number he will get!!!!
Let bygones be bygones and enjoy the lift this news will bring to the club but mostly the fans. Personally I am to expecting to much. If he takes part in 30 games in the season and starts half of them I will be happy. The existing forwards need to embrace this opportunity to learn of the most instinctive finisher I have seen in a Rochdale shirt.
And Chaff I think Rochdale still do love him more than he could know.
Hendos' back on 19:30 - Jul 12 with 5609 views442Dale

Hendos' back on 19:26 - Jul 12 by jonahwhereru

I wonder what squad number he will get!!!!
Let bygones be bygones and enjoy the lift this news will bring to the club but mostly the fans. Personally I am to expecting to much. If he takes part in 30 games in the season and starts half of them I will be happy. The existing forwards need to embrace this opportunity to learn of the most instinctive finisher I have seen in a Rochdale shirt.
And Chaff I think Rochdale still do love him more than he could know.

Adam Le Fondre and Steve Taylor were more instinctive and better finishers. Henderson beats them on the moments of genius.

Hendos' back on 19:36 - Jul 12 with 5567 viewsjonahwhereru

Hendos' back on 19:30 - Jul 12 by 442Dale

Adam Le Fondre and Steve Taylor were more instinctive and better finishers. Henderson beats them on the moments of genius.

Opinions.
Hendos' back on 19:41 - Jul 12 with 5513 viewsLaveritty

Absolutely chuffed to bits at this news - not just a scorer of lots of goals but lots of spectacular goals as well! 4 of the best goals I have ever seen from a player in a Dale shirt were all scored by him:

Shrewsbury (H)
Exeter (A)
Plymouth (H) ...which was just a couple of weeks after...

THAT LEEDS GOAL!

Welcome back Hendo - hope you have still got some magic left in those feet!!!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Hendos' back on 20:06 - Jul 12 with 5346 views49thseason

Class is permanent, Form is temporary, Instinct is unteachable. He could go on past 40 and still be scoring goals. He has unfinished business here and could be the spark that puts the recent past behind us and puts us on the front foot again. He also now has lots of younger legs around him... get the ball to him in the box and watch the magic unfold! Rodney, Charman and Campbell, watch and learn!!
Hendos' back on 20:12 - Jul 12 with 5322 viewsboromat

Hendos' back on 19:36 - Jul 12 by jonahwhereru

Opinions.

Both have better goal per game ratios for Rochdale but played roughly 100 games compared to Hendo's ~350. Don't think either had a couple of seasons on the wing and a game at right back either .

Seriously it's impossible to say for me. Personally, I never saw Taylor play and I'd choose Hendo over Le Fondre every time. Would love to know what Le Fondres minutes per goal for us was though as he had a hell of a lot of substitute appearances from what I remember.

Hendos' back on 20:51 - Jul 12 with 5135 viewsD_Alien

Notice the BBC haven't bothered to mention this, despite writing up far less significant moves in the past couple of hours

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two

Sad, useless tw@ts

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendos' back on 20:55 - Jul 12 with 5097 views442Dale

Hendos' back on 20:51 - Jul 12 by D_Alien

Notice the BBC haven't bothered to mention this, despite writing up far less significant moves in the past couple of hours

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two

Sad, useless tw@ts

It’s on the Dale page but not in the headlines for some reason.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62141142

Also notice elsewhere on there that Stone still gets major stories published containing the obligatory “BBC Sport understands” to make up for his lack of effort in finding out some facts.

Hendos' back on 21:25 - Jul 12 with 4925 viewsTVOS1907

Hendos' back on 20:12 - Jul 12 by boromat

Both have better goal per game ratios for Rochdale but played roughly 100 games compared to Hendo's ~350. Don't think either had a couple of seasons on the wing and a game at right back either .

Seriously it's impossible to say for me. Personally, I never saw Taylor play and I'd choose Hendo over Le Fondre every time. Would love to know what Le Fondres minutes per goal for us was though as he had a hell of a lot of substitute appearances from what I remember.

You obviously don't read TVOS.....

Le Fondre scored 41 goals in 6,588 minutes of action for Dale. (160 mins per goal)

Henderson has so far scored 126 goals in 32,712 minutes of action. (260 mins per goal)

Accurate figures for Taylor aren't available.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024