Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale on Offish 18:29 - Jul 30 with 6217 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bullish and defiant - a 'strong enough' performance, apparently, albeit 'a bit toothless' in the final third, 'which' - rather tellingly - 'we all knew about anyway' (and which, blow me down with a blue and white feather, probably means it wasn't strong enough after all).

O well, he might be a good football manager, but he's still a football manager, I suppose, and he probably rehearsed that first-game speech irrespective of the outcome. 'Not full strength' is probably the straw we clutch onto.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Beale on Offish on 18:40 - Jul 30 with 4311 viewscharmr

Seemed to me Beale doesn’t have the players for the way he wants to play.

Managers never blame players as they still need them to play for you. That’s why we have VAR as the referees took all the flack.
Beale on Offish on 18:41 - Jul 30 with 4292 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Get rid of Ferdinand and we may be ok #clueless
Beale on Offish on 18:43 - Jul 30 with 4269 viewscharmr

Too many half decent players getting scooped up by Premier league teams in the south east. You can be from North Greenford Utd and still not be at Rangers.

I always thought Penrice had an eye for a good player.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 18:47]
Beale on Offish on 18:50 - Jul 30 with 4193 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Mick Beale has to work out that the goalscoring machine that was Les Ferdinand is unable to function as Director of Football. 7.5 years later. He actually is a liability not an asset, Out of his depth.
Beale on Offish on 18:53 - Jul 30 with 4158 viewsMyke

Beale on Offish on 18:41 - Jul 30 by superhoopdownunder

Get rid of Ferdinand and we may be ok #clueless

What took you so long?
Beale on Offish on 18:53 - Jul 30 with 4157 viewscharmr

Maybe more hugs around the club may work, seems to for Klopp
Beale on Offish on 19:03 - Jul 30 with 4074 viewsDejR_vu

Beale on Offish on 18:53 - Jul 30 by Myke

What took you so long?

Indeed. 7.5 years is far too long. Serious questions should have been asked a long time ago. As they should of the Head of an Academy that hasn’t produced one player for sale in the same time.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Beale on Offish on 19:14 - Jul 30 with 3986 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Beale on Offish on 19:03 - Jul 30 by DejR_vu

Indeed. 7.5 years is far too long. Serious questions should have been asked a long time ago. As they should of the Head of an Academy that hasn’t produced one player for sale in the same time.

I recall when the mighty Steve Morrow joined us but was a complete donkey
Up there with Gus Caesar played for us

We need to lift our standards
Dof is lay and incompetent.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 19:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Beale on Offish on 19:22 - Jul 30 with 3919 viewsMyke

Beale on Offish on 19:03 - Jul 30 by DejR_vu

Head of Academy and Head of Recruitment are neither of Ferdinand's roles
Beale on Offish on 19:23 - Jul 30 with 3907 viewsDejR_vu

Beale on Offish on 19:22 - Jul 30 by Myke

Head of Academy and Head of Recruitment are neither of Ferdinand's roles

Agreed, what’s your point?

Beale on Offish on 19:33 - Jul 30 with 3845 viewsloftupper

Beale on Offish on 18:50 - Jul 30 by superhoopdownunder

Mick Beale has to work out that the goalscoring machine that was Les Ferdinand is unable to function as Director of Football. 7.5 years later. He actually is a liability not an asset, Out of his depth.

I presume you speak from experience given you couldn't quite cut it in the UK so had to head out to the colonies
Beale on Offish on 19:36 - Jul 30 with 3828 viewsderbyhoop

Beale on Offish on 19:14 - Jul 30 by superhoopdownunder

I recall when the mighty Steve Morrow joined us but was a complete donkey
Up there with Gus Caesar played for us

We need to lift our standards
Dof is lay and incompetent.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 19:15]

You've obviously got a bee I your bonnet re Les.

Given, we dropped out of PL with a huge wage bill that we couldn't afford, are we better set up now than then? Most would say yes.
We've got the wage bill under control to a large extent?
We sold a player for nearly £20m
We've got a great Head of Recruitment, in Andy Belk.
We've got a scouting system
We've got a new training ground.

We cant expect Les to magic up a bigger/newer ground.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Beale on Offish on 19:37 - Jul 30 with 3822 viewsMyke

Beale on Offish on 19:23 - Jul 30 by DejR_vu

Agreed, what’s your point?

A fairly obvious one.Ferdinand is getting stick for our 'failures' in recruitment and producing sell-able players from our academy, but neither of these is his job. You can make the argument of course, that the 'buck must stop' somewhere- but I think Ferdinand is an easy scapegoat. Clearly he WAS heavily involved in the Beale appointment, so if it does all go south then he has to be accountable for that. But after one game - I mean come on.
Beale on Offish on 19:39 - Jul 30 with 3803 viewsDejR_vu

Beale on Offish on 19:37 - Jul 30 by Myke

A fairly obvious one.Ferdinand is getting stick for our 'failures' in recruitment and producing sell-able players from our academy, but neither of these is his job. You can make the argument of course, that the 'buck must stop' somewhere- but I think Ferdinand is an easy scapegoat. Clearly he WAS heavily involved in the Beale appointment, so if it does all go south then he has to be accountable for that. But after one game - I mean come on.

Not obvious to me, excuse my ignorance. What is he responsible for then?

Edit: Myke?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 20:03]

Beale on Offish on 20:02 - Jul 30 with 3680 viewsToast_R

I thought the ref was sh*t today. When did a blatant shirt pull become just a word in your ear rather than a yellow card? Possibly a second if it was Buckley but couldn't tell from where I was.
Beale on Offish on 20:12 - Jul 30 with 3624 viewspaulparker

Beale on Offish on 19:37 - Jul 30 by Myke

Under Les we have seen the following strikers
Polter
Sylla
Yeni ngabeto (sp)
Washington
Dykes
Bonne
Kelman

All of these bought for cash , all have been crap
We have lost Bidwell , Manning, BOS, Hall, Barbet for no return
We have never solved the right back issue and have given one of the worst left backs in the history of football a 4 year deal

Our only success story has been Eze

I think it’s fair that fans start questioning Les and his role here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Beale on Offish on 20:38 - Jul 30 with 3509 viewsDejR_vu

Beale on Offish on 19:36 - Jul 30 by derbyhoop

You've obviously got a bee I your bonnet re Les.

Given, we dropped out of PL with a huge wage bill that we couldn't afford, are we better set up now than then? Most would say yes.
We've got the wage bill under control to a large extent?
We sold a player for nearly £20m
We've got a great Head of Recruitment, in Andy Belk.
We've got a scouting system
We've got a new training ground.

We cant expect Les to magic up a bigger/newer ground.

Les didn’t solve the wage bill problem. He didn’t persuade players to leave their contracts behind for nothing. They came to an end.

We did, indeed sell one player for a big fee. One. In 7.5 years. A development/selling club. One big fee. In 7.5 years.

Andy Belk does seem a good appointment and credit to LF that he was appointed under his watch. On the other hand CR had been an absolute disaster.

The ‘scouting system’ is Andy Belk’s analysis.

I’d be absolutely staggered if LF had anything whatsoever to do with the training ground but, again, it happened under his watch. On the other hand Warren Farm happened on his watch as well.

The fact is plenty of other clubs get relegated with big wage bills but still manage to get promoted again, we didn’t under LF’s watch. ‘We’ seem to be happy we weren’t as bad as Sunderland. Other clubs produce players and sell them for money, we don’t. Other clubs pick up rough diamond young pros, develop them and sell them for big money. We’ve done it once which, when you put it into context, looks suspiciously like luck.

Because of all the dreadful decisions, we have next to no money, why are we wasting it on people not up to the job?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 20:57]

Beale on Offish on 21:03 - Jul 30 with 3359 viewsQPR_Jim

Beale on Offish on 20:12 - Jul 30 by paulparker

Under Les we have seen the following strikers
Polter
Sylla
Yeni ngabeto (sp)
Washington
Dykes
Bonne
Kelman

All of these bought for cash , all have been crap
We have lost Bidwell , Manning, BOS, Hall, Barbet for no return
We have never solved the right back issue and have given one of the worst left backs in the history of football a 4 year deal

Our only success story has been Eze

I think it’s fair that fans start questioning Les and his role here

Start to question him? from the day he got the job he's been questioned "what qualifications has he got to do the role?" I believe being the first question. There's been push back from day 1 from some fans to him trying to change the culture of the club Redknapp left behind with the more blood mantra existing to this day. Followed by a lot of "what does Les do?" and "a club of our size doesn't need a DoF" nonsense.

The fact he was a striker doesn't mean he can spot a rough diamond in the same position. He's not a scout, he could probably pick a great striker if money was no object but unfortunately that's not the name of the game at the moment.

We can all have our opinions on how well he's doing in his role but don't try and paint it like the fans have been patient with him and are only just starting to ask questions.
Beale on Offish on 21:09 - Jul 30 with 3316 viewsDejR_vu

Beale on Offish on 21:03 - Jul 30 by QPR_Jim

Start to question him? from the day he got the job he's been questioned "what qualifications has he got to do the role?" I believe being the first question. There's been push back from day 1 from some fans to him trying to change the culture of the club Redknapp left behind with the more blood mantra existing to this day. Followed by a lot of "what does Les do?" and "a club of our size doesn't need a DoF" nonsense.

The fact he was a striker doesn't mean he can spot a rough diamond in the same position. He's not a scout, he could probably pick a great striker if money was no object but unfortunately that's not the name of the game at the moment.

We can all have our opinions on how well he's doing in his role but don't try and paint it like the fans have been patient with him and are only just starting to ask questions.

Come on, plenty of people could spot a striker if money was no object, surely you expect more from LF than that.

I agree, some, but not many, were asking questions about LF’s appointment from the start, me among them and, I think, with justification. His tenure has been abject. He was never qualified for the job, didn’t have the experience to do it, has learnt on the job and has been pretty ropey.

Beale on Offish on 21:21 - Jul 30 with 3245 viewsdavman

Beale on Offish on 20:02 - Jul 30 by Toast_R

I thought the ref was sh*t today. When did a blatant shirt pull become just a word in your ear rather than a yellow card? Possibly a second if it was Buckley but couldn't tell from where I was.

Get used to it. Not an excuse for our performance, but the ref did not want to book anyone today. As I say again and again, I get the "it's a tough job" argument, but how hard is it for them to be consistent?

Continues to shock me...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Beale on Offish on 21:23 - Jul 30 with 3239 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Beale on Offish on 21:09 - Jul 30 by DejR_vu

Come on, plenty of people could spot a striker if money was no object, surely you expect more from LF than that.

I agree, some, but not many, were asking questions about LF’s appointment from the start, me among them and, I think, with justification. His tenure has been abject. He was never qualified for the job, didn’t have the experience to do it, has learnt on the job and has been pretty ropey.

He created the job at QPR.

When you say his tenure has been "abject" who are you comparing him to? Which DOF is the successful comparison?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Beale on Offish on 21:25 - Jul 30 with 3210 viewsQPR_Jim

Beale on Offish on 21:09 - Jul 30 by DejR_vu

I believe that you're not being fair to him. To be clear I expect the scouts to do the scouting. Have they missed opportunities like Scott Twine, yes but generally all the scouts are fishing the same pool and competing for the same talent as every other championship club so it won't always go our way and we may end up taking the 3/4/5 option, who knows.

You said "Les didn’t solve the wage bill problem. He didn’t persuade players to leave their contracts behind for nothing. They came to an end." True, but he managed to get the ghost that was Steven Caulker loans to Southampton and Liverpool to get the budget down while waiting. Plus the difficulty wasn't getting the budget down but keeping us in this league while doing it.

I think the only thing that changes with time is the memory of how bad the situation was when HR left and how much we've had to dig away just to halt the rot that was in place.
Beale on Offish on 21:28 - Jul 30 with 3186 viewskernowhoop

Is all this just because we lost 1-0 at Blackburn? Just checking.
Beale on Offish on 21:33 - Jul 30 with 3148 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Beale on Offish on 21:28 - Jul 30 by kernowhoop

Is all this just because we lost 1-0 at Blackburn? Just checking.

Well we've moved on from Michael Beale's belly, at least.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Beale on Offish on 21:35 - Jul 30 with 3123 viewsaston_hoop

Beale on Offish on 21:33 - Jul 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

Well we've moved on from Michael Beale's belly, at least.

Banfield's probably isn't safe yet

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024