Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS 13:10 - Aug 19 with 1550 viewsdurham_exile

After the disappointment at Edgeley Park on Saturday the return to the JCS led to euphoria on Tuesday night when the U’s deservedly won against the Bantams.
Tomorrow the Super U’s entertain Richie Wellens’ Leyton Orient high flying side in the second match of the triple header.

The following Tuesday will see the Bees of Brentford visit the JCS in the Second Round of the Carabao Cup. Now this match appears to be happening very much under the radar. I have my ticket, car parking and accommodation but there does not appear to be much in the way of excitement for the game. Now this of course might be due to the U’s sensibly keeping their feet firmly on the ground or simply a case of indifference. Unlike the Spurs game this is receiving little publicity. Perhaps this will change after the weekend.

So, returning to this weekend and Orient who number George Moncur in their ranks. The O’s have made an encouraging start to the season and lie in second place on goal difference.

Table:
Salford 4 10
Orient 4 10
Northampton 4 10
Stevenage 4 10
Barrow 4 9
Crewe 4 9
Doncaster 4 8
Walsall 4 7
Harrogate 4 7
Mansfield 4 6
Carlisle 3 5
Wimbledon 4 5
Tranmere 4 4
Bradford 4 4
COL U 4 4
Sutton 4 4
Grimsby 3 4
Stockport 4 3
Swindon 4 3
Gillingham 4 3
Hartlepool 4 2
Crawley 4 1
Newport 4 1
Rochdale 4 0

Now Orient do not have a midweek game as FGR knocked them out of the Carabao Cup and so our task arguably becomes more difficult but BDH will know that the players on Saturday are playing for a place in the starting line-up on Tuesday evening.

The excitement of the late, late winner scored by talisman Tom Eastman in the 97th minute against the Bantams will have lifted not only the whole team but also the faithful. There was obvious disappointment last Saturday, but the home win was long overdue and should set us up nicely for a comfortable win against the current joint league leaders.

Now from the match that I have seen live and also on iFollow, it is obvious that our star performers have been Al-Amin Kazeem and Marley Marshall Miranda. The danger of course is that they are two U’s youngsters and we must be careful not to over extend them in a packed match schedule.

So, the defence seems to be fairly well settled at present but the midfield needs tweaking slightly and when Cole Skuse is fit plus Alan Judge then BDH will have a problem to solve.

Their strike force is however drastically limited. Freddie Sears offers the stability, but Big John is unable to play 90 minutes, whilst Big Frank is frankly not at the races at present. Samson Tovide waits in the wings, but only receives limited minutes. In the absence of another signing we are short on options and this must be addressed before the end of the month.

Therefore, the suggested team for Saturday is as follows:

Hornby

Tchamadeu, Chambers, Eastman, Kazeem

Hannant, Owens, Chilvers, Marshall Miranda

Sears Tovide

Subs
O’Hara Clampin Ashley Dallison Akinde Nouble Newby

The weather in Colchester is set to be warm and sunny and 23 degrees Celsius.

Scoreline Colchester 3 Orient 0

Lets have a decent crowd, maybe 4,500.

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 14:59 - Aug 19 with 1489 viewsgerry_us

Agree with you starting with Tovide or Covid as my phone suggested!
Can't help thinking though that having Noubs and Akinde on the bench rather limits our attacking subs late in the game. If neither of them are able to play 90 minutes, (and they can't) get some of the youngsters on the bench..please.
Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 15:50 - Aug 19 with 1476 viewsbwildered

A return of former U’s favourite George Moncur .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 21:43 - Aug 19 with 1403 viewsdurham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 14:59 - Aug 19 by gerry_us

Agree with you starting with Tovide or Covid as my phone suggested!
Can't help thinking though that having Noubs and Akinde on the bench rather limits our attacking subs late in the game. If neither of them are able to play 90 minutes, (and they can't) get some of the youngsters on the bench..please.

Gerry - the U's currently have:
Cole Skuse, Alan Judge, Ossama Ashley, Chay Cooper, Emyr Huws, Tommy Smith and Gene Kennedy injured.

Our other young striking options have been loaned out notably Hutchinson.

Hence Big Frank and Big John on the bench.

If someone could locate Michael Folivi, I would drive him to the ground to sign on the dotted line. I do not understand the club's reluctance to pursue his signature.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 14:14 - Aug 20 with 1310 viewswessex_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 21:43 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

Gerry - the U's currently have:
Cole Skuse, Alan Judge, Ossama Ashley, Chay Cooper, Emyr Huws, Tommy Smith and Gene Kennedy injured.

Our other young striking options have been loaned out notably Hutchinson.

Hence Big Frank and Big John on the bench.

If someone could locate Michael Folivi, I would drive him to the ground to sign on the dotted line. I do not understand the club's reluctance to pursue his signature.

Up the U's

One wonders quite how much damage Folivi might have done to himself with that ill-fated moment, given no one else seems to be picking him up either?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 14:15 - Aug 20 with 1309 viewsdurham_exile

Team

Starting XI

Hornby

Coxe Chambers Eastman Kazeem

Hannant Chilvers Newby Marshall Miranda

Sears Nouble

Subs
O'Hara Tchamadeu Akinde Tovide Clampin Dallison Skuse

Good to see Cole Skuse back in contention

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 14:58 - Aug 20 with 1296 viewswessex_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 14:15 - Aug 20 by durham_exile

Team

Starting XI

Hornby

Coxe Chambers Eastman Kazeem

Hannant Chilvers Newby Marshall Miranda

Sears Nouble

Subs
O'Hara Tchamadeu Akinde Tovide Clampin Dallison Skuse

Good to see Cole Skuse back in contention

Up the U's

George Moncur starts for the O's - good player, wish we could have seen more of him at the U's!

Up the U's

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 15:19 - Aug 20 with 1292 viewsdurham_exile

Chambers og
0-1

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 15:38 - Aug 20 with 1275 viewsdurham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 15:19 - Aug 20 by durham_exile

Chambers og
0-1

Come on the U's

WB must not be afraid to change it up.

Get Big Frank off and Samson Tovide on

Give the youngster some important minutes on the field.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:18 - Aug 20 with 1259 viewsdurham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 15:38 - Aug 20 by durham_exile

WB must not be afraid to change it up.

Get Big Frank off and Samson Tovide on

Give the youngster some important minutes on the field.

Up the U's

57 mins gone
WB must change it up

Come on bring on Tovide

We are stumbling to a tame defeat at present

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:31 - Aug 20 with 1251 viewsdurham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:18 - Aug 20 by durham_exile

57 mins gone
WB must change it up

Come on bring on Tovide

We are stumbling to a tame defeat at present

Up the U's

Only 20 mins left now.

Come on get Nouble off and Tovide on
Don't wait until the 87 minute

Durham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:40 - Aug 20 with 1243 viewsdurham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:31 - Aug 20 by durham_exile

Only 20 mins left now.

Come on get Nouble off and Tovide on
Don't wait until the 87 minute

Akinde and Nouble together what a strike force Zimmer frames to the ready and now it is 2-0

Whatever happens this week we simply have to sign a striker

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:54 - Aug 20 with 1230 viewsdurham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:40 - Aug 20 by durham_exile

Akinde and Nouble together what a strike force Zimmer frames to the ready and now it is 2-0

Whatever happens this week we simply have to sign a striker

Up the U's

Total shite

Unless a striker is signed then this will become the norm

So disappointed.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:57 - Aug 20 with 1228 viewswessex_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:54 - Aug 20 by durham_exile

Total shite

So disappointed.

Up the U's

So sorry your long trip has been so disappointing Durham - just not good enough!

Up the U's

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 17:02 - Aug 20 with 1219 viewsgerry_us

Gate 4,340.
Wow, the Us fans will flock back again after that performance.
Both Akinde and Nouble on together; total bollocks Mr Manager.
Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 17:03 - Aug 20 with 1217 viewswessex_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:57 - Aug 20 by wessex_exile

So sorry your long trip has been so disappointing Durham - just not good enough!

Aaaah, but at least you saw Chilvers score - a very faint silvery glimmer on the edge of a big black cloud...

Up the U's!

Up the U's

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 17:42 - Aug 20 with 1183 viewsthrillseeker

Wow - another disappointing result.

And now listening to WB on BBC Essex and he just spouts the same sh!t. His answers to questions are the same every week.

Questionable substitutions again.

Hannant is clearly the scapegoat but ignoring late goal and cross for goal I have to say Chilvers and Nouble were performing far worse.

Again possession for the U's was below 50%

Not sure Leyton O were that great but they were well organised and all their players knew their jobs

With regard to Sears' effort - I could not be 100% sure it had crossed the line from my position in E7 but it is not the fault of the referee he didn't give it from his position but he has to back up his linesman who signalled it was no goal. Another view is why didn't Sears power his header in making the bulge net

Frustrated again
Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 18:09 - Aug 20 with 1160 viewsLeadbelly

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:54 - Aug 20 by durham_exile

Total shite

So disappointed.

Up the U's

Sorry to say but this has been the norm for far too long. Club and coaches talk a good game but there is little or no correlation with their actions on and off the pitch. There is only so long that they can pi55 up your back and tell you it’s raining. There is something fundamentally wrong with what the club is doing but those in positions to change it either can’t or won’t see it.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 20:02 - Aug 20 with 1092 viewsdurham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 17:03 - Aug 20 by wessex_exile

Aaaah, but at least you saw Chilvers score - a very faint silvery glimmer on the edge of a big black cloud...

Up the U's!

Wessex I didn't travel today, I am driving down for the Brentford game on Tuesday.

WB must give Tovide some minutes on Tuesday.
Big Frank and Big John are no longer capable of 90 minutes and are too predictable. Use them for impact but give Tovide and Sears the striker roles.

I fear that it will be 4,5,1 on Tuesday.
Still I remain optimistic.

Can we sign someone for Tuesday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 20:04 - Aug 20 with 1092 viewsbwildered

Outplayed more off field than on, basic play with ball across the penalty area from the bye line was the standard which caused a basic U’s defeat. U’s five in midfield never efficient enough to create . Subs again to slow and when finally arrive never made enough impact in time to change result of game .
Another season of basement football must follow for the U’s , Orient never needed to up a gear playing Tisdale football in the second half.
Second best throughout, will not put bums on seats Mr Chairman.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 08:01 - Aug 21 with 940 viewsnoah4x4

I fortunately missed this one and enjoyed the elation of a magnificent win over league leaders Wanstead in Castle Park. Then joined my noticeably depressed U's buddies in the pub.

What doesn't Cowling get that continuing the disaster of Humes, Brown and Ball won't put bums on seats? How many more seasons must we endure negative tactics, lone strikers and a likely bottom four destiny? HUMES OUT!
Orient come bearing gifts from the East to the JCS on 16:39 - Aug 23 with 680 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Saturday was the first game I've been to this season and I thought we started fairly brightly and could've easily been two up early on. Their goal came out of nothing and was a simple pass between the Eastman and Kazeem that left us exposed. After that we seemed to lose a lot of confidence and Orient controlled the game from that point. We didn't create much second half although Sears should've scored two (to be fair he did seem to score one that wasn't given). I thought 3-1 flattered them slightly as they weren't much better than us. Just shows what confidence can do for a team as they're on a good run and as soon as they went ahead it seemed to settle them.

A few observations:

- We need to move the ball quicker and be braver with it. I think the lack of confidence is a problem here and we have to work out how to overcome this as it's been an issue for a while now.
- Getting crosses into the box still creates chances so we must try and do it more. Isn't that what Hannant and Newby were signed for? Nearly every decent opportunity on Saturday came from a cross.
- This was one of the poorest games I've seen Chilvers have in recent times. He's one of our best players, we have to get him more involved in the game.
- Does anyone else hate timewasting as much as me? I didn't pay £28 to watch a keeper "clean" his boots on a post or for a player to take a minute over a free kick or throw in.
- Why did the club think it was a good idea to put the Leyton Orient fans in E1-E4 next to some of the most expensive seats in the ground? A number of these fans wanted to get as close to the Col U fans as possible and these seemed to be the more over zealous ones and thus we had to endure pretty much constant swearing from the first whistle to the last. Just what you want when you've taken two 10 year olds. I actually saw a number of people with children move from E5 to a seat further away from the Orient fans. A bit frustrating when over half the North stand sat there empty. My solution, always put the away fans in the North stand make E1 as cheap as the South stand and let the "hardcore" compare their Stone Island garments between the two stands.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024