Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Bennett ? 19:54 - Aug 27 with 6667 viewsKeithHaynes

Regardless of his ability or whatever, why would a club pay him 80k a month plus and not play him.
And how does the manager justify this financial loss ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:09 - Aug 28 with 1127 viewsKeithHaynes

Ryan Bennett ? on 23:54 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You said you blamed Steve Cooper when replying to Japser's comment regarding a potential appearance based automatic extension clause in Bennett's contract.

That's why I asked if you believe the head coach handles contract negotiations.

It’s not even worthy of an answer.

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:48 - Aug 28 with 1072 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s certainly not Coopers fault, he didn’t handle contract negotiations just like it isn’t Martin’s fault Ntcham is drawing the wage he is.

Bennett has a clause in his contract that if he plays another game it triggers an extension (not a payment).

It’s perfectly reasonable that if he is not in the managers plans then he isn’t used. What isn’t acceptable though is us paying millions for a centre back of the managers choosing who then drops him.

What is also not acceptable is the fact that on field training is almost non existent when the team look so alien playing with each other, especially at the back.

No point in blaming anyone else other than the manager for that. His player, his style of play, his “training” methods… and we have all seen them. We are still waiting for our first opposition team to stop running as promised aren’t we?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:52 - Aug 28 with 1063 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ryan Bennett ? on 00:01 - Aug 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Winter would show Cooper the deal he proposed to offer Bennett. He would ask Cooper if he saw Bennett as an automatic pick for up to four seasons and be the clubs best earner behind Ayew. A 3 year plus 1.

Cooper clearly gave it his blessing.

But you just made that up didn’t you. I’d say your version is highly unlikely.

There are enough club documentaries that show the inner workings of transfer dealings. The manager is rarely involved - hence why Ogbeta doesn’t play and hence why Peterson didn’t play.

Not to mention your American friends from the MLS.

It’s pointless saying Cooper sanctioned transfer contracts when it suits the narrative when he clearly had no say in many transfers from even the selection process stage let alone contract negotiations.

Ryan Bennett ? on 08:37 - Aug 28 with 1029 viewsKeithHaynes

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:52 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

But you just made that up didn’t you. I’d say your version is highly unlikely.

There are enough club documentaries that show the inner workings of transfer dealings. The manager is rarely involved - hence why Ogbeta doesn’t play and hence why Peterson didn’t play.

Not to mention your American friends from the MLS.

It’s pointless saying Cooper sanctioned transfer contracts when it suits the narrative when he clearly had no say in many transfers from even the selection process stage let alone contract negotiations.

I do know he pushed for Fulton’s contract in January 2021.
What his actual involvement was verbally I wouldn’t know.

Ryan Bennett ? on 08:55 - Aug 28 with 1010 viewsPrettySheetyCity

I recall a similar situation with Graham Potter and Luciano Narsingh. However, Narsingh eventually got game time and his move back to Holland.

Swansea want to get rid of Bennett, but he wasn't invited to participate in pre-season, and hasn't trained or played since last season. It is impossible to put an asset in the shop window if you don't involve him in the team. Any prospective purchaser will immediately think - "He's unfit, and it'll take 2 months to bring him up to speed."

In my opinion, it is another example of poor decision making. Bennett might not be able to play the suicide ball RM is so intent on us playing, but having a 32 year old with over 370 first team appearances in and around the first team can help in more ways than one.
Ryan Bennett ? on 08:55 - Aug 28 with 990 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ryan Bennett ? on 08:37 - Aug 28 by KeithHaynes

I do know he pushed for Fulton’s contract in January 2021.
What his actual involvement was verbally I wouldn’t know.

Rightly so of course, he should always push for contract renewals for players he likes and wishes to keep. It’s how we avoid situations like Pratley et al

I’d expect if Martin is still here when Darlings contract is looking ropey he will also be pushing to get him signed up to.

But he won’t have any input into amounts. That’s for certain.

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:12 - Aug 28 with 988 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Bennett ? on 23:55 - Aug 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Bennetts' problem is them money he is paid. The Rodon money The club will just have to subsidise his wages somewhere else. (probably a relegation rival). It was envisaged that this experienced player was an automatic pick and the extra year would not be an issue. Routledge was given a deal by the club Cooper did not agree with but compromised.

Martin cannot use him or Fulton or Garrick or Joseph or Whittaker or Benda or quite a few others. He has not dealt with the cards he has been given.

If he argues that the players are not suitable then he needs to get there gradually over 5 or 6 transfer window while easing out unsuitable players while using them. (sweating the assets)

It is the CBR principle . Big Courtney was not a Swansea type player but he grafted and was strong for Potter. Cooper drummed him out after 10 minutes of a pre season friendly at Exeter city and persuaded the club to pay both Borja and Ayew with the OMcB transfer money.

Winter has a a few days to get Bennett out of the club or he will be gardening for 6 month on £80k an month. Bloody expensive tomatoes.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 23:56]

Then perhaps Russ should have altered tactics and played to his strengths until he contract was nearly up before buying other defenders (also on wages) . He’s hamstrung himself - I mean nobody else is going to take Bennett on those wages so he might as well have changed his “philosophy” , made do and then let him go. We could have used the transfer money on proper full/wing backs for example.

And if this season or even some points of last season shiwed - we’re in dire need of no nonsense older pros. Bidwell going was a criminal mistake too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:15 - Aug 28 with 974 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Bennett ? on 08:55 - Aug 28 by PrettySheetyCity

I recall a similar situation with Graham Potter and Luciano Narsingh. However, Narsingh eventually got game time and his move back to Holland.

Swansea want to get rid of Bennett, but he wasn't invited to participate in pre-season, and hasn't trained or played since last season. It is impossible to put an asset in the shop window if you don't involve him in the team. Any prospective purchaser will immediately think - "He's unfit, and it'll take 2 months to bring him up to speed."

In my opinion, it is another example of poor decision making. Bennett might not be able to play the suicide ball RM is so intent on us playing, but having a 32 year old with over 370 first team appearances in and around the first team can help in more ways than one.

Not even training Bennett is like “you, you’re wages aren’t so high I’m not going to make you work at all”. Did these two ever play together for Norwich???

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:26 - Aug 28 with 960 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:15 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Not even training Bennett is like “you, you’re wages aren’t so high I’m not going to make you work at all”. Did these two ever play together for Norwich???

Both were at the club at the same time - I wonder if there’s previous history or Martin’s rampant narcissism won’t allow himself to pick him? It’s definitely another dynamic in this situation .

Either way - when your tactics are exposing and ruining young players it’s time you admit that you were wrong, eat your humble pie and start playing to your squad’s strengths. If he doesn’t have the inclination or ability to do this then he has to go before the entire season gets flushed down the toilet.

If we wait for his contact to expire we could be in league two when he leaves (ok that’s an exaggeration but we could certainly be relegated to league one).

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:32 - Aug 28 with 942 viewsonehunglow

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:26 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Both were at the club at the same time - I wonder if there’s previous history or Martin’s rampant narcissism won’t allow himself to pick him? It’s definitely another dynamic in this situation .

Either way - when your tactics are exposing and ruining young players it’s time you admit that you were wrong, eat your humble pie and start playing to your squad’s strengths. If he doesn’t have the inclination or ability to do this then he has to go before the entire season gets flushed down the toilet.

If we wait for his contact to expire we could be in league two when he leaves (ok that’s an exaggeration but we could certainly be relegated to league one).

100% we wont go down.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:59 - Aug 28 with 942 viewsDr_Winston

Ryan Bennett ? on 21:05 - Aug 27 by onehunglow

Bennett is still here ;he could do a job
Grimes was not wanted as was the case with Naughton but they are still here,strolling around the field when we are losing .

This is why you get such a hard time. There are numerous reasons why the team might be struggling but again and again you return to your favourite targets.

Kyle Naughton is more of a Jack than you'll ever be.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ryan Bennett ? on 10:21 - Aug 28 with 908 viewsonehunglow

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:59 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

This is why you get such a hard time. There are numerous reasons why the team might be struggling but again and again you return to your favourite targets.

But look in the mirror first.
Why not simply debate,as is stated by the owners all the time.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 10:22]

Ryan Bennett ? on 10:53 - Aug 28 with 880 viewsWhiterockin

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:12 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Then perhaps Russ should have altered tactics and played to his strengths until he contract was nearly up before buying other defenders (also on wages) . He’s hamstrung himself - I mean nobody else is going to take Bennett on those wages so he might as well have changed his “philosophy” , made do and then let him go. We could have used the transfer money on proper full/wing backs for example.

And if this season or even some points of last season shiwed - we’re in dire need of no nonsense older pros. Bidwell going was a criminal mistake too.

Would you pick Bennett if it means that the club has to pay him over £20K a week for the next 2 seasons. So far there seems to be no compromise with Bennett, why not just say I will ignore the clause, pay me this season and I will walk away on a free at the end of the season, because you are paying me until the end of the season anyway. Naughton had a clause removed from his contract to get playing football again, total respect for him.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Ryan Bennett ? on 11:13 - Aug 28 with 855 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ryan Bennett ? on 00:01 - Aug 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Winter would show Cooper the deal he proposed to offer Bennett. He would ask Cooper if he saw Bennett as an automatic pick for up to four seasons and be the clubs best earner behind Ayew. A 3 year plus 1.

Cooper clearly gave it his blessing.

That theory is highly questionable when we know Cooper didn't rate the two American players that were brought in.

Similar has happened under Martin - it's highly unlikely he gave his blessing to the signing of Ogbeta.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ryan Bennett ? on 11:14 - Aug 28 with 854 viewsraynor94

Ryan Bennett ? on 20:48 - Aug 27 by onehunglow

I agree with you Keith but I dont undertand some of the tenor of your posts,frankly.

Bennett has had his career killed off in brutal fashion.Only an utter shttte deserves that and he isnt and doesnt

What we really should do is bring home the loanees as they were nobbed off before any replacements at all

Garrick and Whittaker can't even get a start at their respective loan clubs.

They are just not good enough

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ryan Bennett ? on 11:24 - Aug 28 with 830 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Bennett ? on 10:53 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

Would you pick Bennett if it means that the club has to pay him over £20K a week for the next 2 seasons. So far there seems to be no compromise with Bennett, why not just say I will ignore the clause, pay me this season and I will walk away on a free at the end of the season, because you are paying me until the end of the season anyway. Naughton had a clause removed from his contract to get playing football again, total respect for him.

What are we paying him for doing nothing? - that’s a valid question.

Ryan Bennett ? on 11:35 - Aug 28 with 805 viewsWhiterockin

Ryan Bennett ? on 11:24 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

What are we paying him for doing nothing? - that’s a valid question.

That is why I said he needs to compromise. Possibly the powers that be have told Martin we are not paying him £2M over the next 2 seasons even if we have to write off £1M.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Ryan Bennett ? on 12:27 - Aug 28 with 764 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Bennett ? on 11:14 - Aug 28 by raynor94

Garrick has played 4 times since joining Lincoln less than 3 weeks ago. 2 starts, 1 goal. Wasn't in the squad yesterday through injury.
Ryan Bennett ? on 12:28 - Aug 28 with 752 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:59 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

This is the stuff that needs binning. Constant attack of a fellow poster simply for having an opinion.

Ryan Bennett ? on 13:00 - Aug 28 with 704 viewsonehunglow

Ryan Bennett ? on 12:28 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

This is the stuff that needs binning. Constant attack of a fellow poster simply for having an opinion.

Another transgression then.
I could knock up my CV and Naughton the same.
He's dead in the water as mine starts with Born Swansea,schooled,Swansea ,lived there 26 years, first game as a fan 1958,well before Kyle was born in 1988 in Sheffield. A proud Yorkshireman .

Ryan Bennett ? on 13:01 - Aug 28 with 710 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Bennett ? on 11:35 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

That is why I said he needs to compromise. Possibly the powers that be have told Martin we are not paying him £2M over the next 2 seasons even if we have to write off £1M.

Yes but if he’s on 15 grand a week doing nothing surely we should make him train? What happens if we have an injury crisis at centre half? It happens.

Ryan Bennett ? on 13:18 - Aug 28 with 674 viewsKeithHaynes

Ryan Bennett ? on 13:01 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes but if he’s on 15 grand a week doing nothing surely we should make him train? What happens if we have an injury crisis at centre half? It happens.

Martin did the same to Fulton last season for three months, then exactly as you describe happened. Thicko’s elsewhere couldn’t see it though.

Ryan Bennett ? on 13:45 - Aug 28 with 643 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Bennett ? on 13:18 - Aug 28 by KeithHaynes

Martin did the same to Fulton last season for three months, then exactly as you describe happened. Thicko’s elsewhere couldn’t see it though.

It’s all because Bennett probably laughs at the ludicrous way Martin wants to play. Older pros know the score, younger players have less knowledge or experience but I get the feeling even they are waking up to Martins incompetence.

Bennett is the steel we are so badly missing when teams like Luton come to the Liberty , bully us and win easily. Fulton has a bit of dog about him too. Grimes has none. Bennett for captain and let Grimes have a spell on the bench and fight for his place (which I doubt he will).

Ryan Bennett ? on 15:45 - Aug 28 with 608 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ryan Bennett ? on 11:14 - Aug 28 by raynor94

Garrick played 50 times last season often coming off the bench. He was dogged by muscle injuries at Swansea. 7 goals and 8 assists is good data for a winger wing back. He was well managed. He scored last week so suspect he had a strain or something this week.

Whittaker came of the bench and got an assist. I think all three (with Joseph) will kick on this season. Martin has only got one runner Obafemi. All runners have been dismissed including Ogbeta.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ryan Bennett ? on 16:03 - Aug 28 with 577 viewsReslovenSwan1

I expect him to go on loan before the window. I cannot believe he wants to sit at home for the next season. Winter will have to find a solution for him. DC are shipping goals.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024