Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Bennett ? 19:54 - Aug 27 with 6668 viewsKeithHaynes

Regardless of his ability or whatever, why would a club pay him 80k a month plus and not play him.
And how does the manager justify this financial loss ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ryan Bennett ? on 16:11 - Aug 28 with 1463 viewsBadlands

Ryan Bennett ? on 13:45 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s all because Bennett probably laughs at the ludicrous way Martin wants to play. Older pros know the score, younger players have less knowledge or experience but I get the feeling even they are waking up to Martins incompetence.

Bennett is the steel we are so badly missing when teams like Luton come to the Liberty , bully us and win easily. Fulton has a bit of dog about him too. Grimes has none. Bennett for captain and let Grimes have a spell on the bench and fight for his place (which I doubt he will).

If Bennett is behaving as you suggest the club is better off with him sitting at home.
And, let’s be perfectly honest, he was a decent CB and nothing more.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ryan Bennett ? on 16:12 - Aug 28 with 1459 viewsKeithHaynes

Ryan Bennett ? on 16:11 - Aug 28 by Badlands

If Bennett is behaving as you suggest the club is better off with him sitting at home.

No better than what we have for me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ryan Bennett ? on 16:20 - Aug 28 with 1429 viewsmagicdaps10

Ryan Bennett ? on 16:11 - Aug 28 by Badlands

He isn't or hasn't been acting like that.

Martin would have him involved but when you are told that he isn't allowed to pick him and he won't play another game for the club then there is not alot he can do.

Throw in the fact that he has to tell the press that he won't be part of the club given the yanks won't do it.

🤷‍♂️

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ryan Bennett ? on 16:22 - Aug 28 with 1409 viewsonehunglow

Ryan Bennett ? on 16:12 - Aug 28 by KeithHaynes

and certainly no worse.
What we would have is two solid centre halves who eschewed stroking the ball into trouble.
All we need is two full backs worthy of the name

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ryan Bennett ? on 18:00 - Aug 28 with 1375 viewsBryanSwan

I think a few have forgotten some of the abject performances Bennett put in.
There definitely has to be a few clauses in his contract plus appearance money.
I am a bit surprised he has not been shifted even if it is a loan and we are covering a fair whack of his wages.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Ryan Bennett ? on 18:17 - Aug 28 with 1335 viewsonehunglow

Ryan Bennett ? on 18:00 - Aug 28 by BryanSwan

I think a few have forgotten some of the abject performances Bennett put in.
There definitely has to be a few clauses in his contract plus appearance money.
I am a bit surprised he has not been shifted even if it is a loan and we are covering a fair whack of his wages.

Frankly Bryan,it matters not who is picked.
Martin is the catalyst of all our woes or at least most of them.

He would destroy the best of players

Ryan Bennett ? on 18:52 - Aug 28 with 1327 viewsmagicdaps10

Ryan Bennett ? on 18:17 - Aug 28 by onehunglow

Frankly Bryan,it matters not who is picked.
Martin is the catalyst of all our woes or at least most of them.

He would destroy the best of players

I can't defend everything he has done but the mythical rubbish from some on here just becomes fact so quickly with others!

Downes, Obefami, Piroe, Paterson are players who came here with no real background of setting the world alight in senior football.

Downes goes to the prem 12 months later for around 10M
Pirie scores over 20 goals and a big price tag is on him.
Obefami gets his act together and his price has sky rocketed.
Paterson has arguably been a journeyman who in his time under Martin has seen his stock at its highest.

All the above is there for all to see and Martin deserves some credit, Wether people will be honest and others and admit this will be a great debate I am sure.

Ryan Bennett ? on 19:15 - Aug 28 with 1305 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Bennett ? on 18:52 - Aug 28 by magicdaps10

I can't defend everything he has done but the mythical rubbish from some on here just becomes fact so quickly with others!

Downes, Obefami, Piroe, Paterson are players who came here with no real background of setting the world alight in senior football.

Downes goes to the prem 12 months later for around 10M
Pirie scores over 20 goals and a big price tag is on him.
Obefami gets his act together and his price has sky rocketed.
Paterson has arguably been a journeyman who in his time under Martin has seen his stock at its highest.

All the above is there for all to see and Martin deserves some credit, Wether people will be honest and others and admit this will be a great debate I am sure.

I can’t believe that some “magical” pep talk made Piroe score 24 goals. A case can’t even be made for the team playing to his strengths - most of his goals he made for himself.

Obefemi had to grow up at some point and Downes had already shown massive signs of promise at Ipswich.

If anything Piroe scored his 24 goals in spite of Martin dropping him into midfield second half of the season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Bennett ? on 19:31 - Aug 28 with 1286 viewsmagicdaps10

Ryan Bennett ? on 19:15 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I can’t believe that some “magical” pep talk made Piroe score 24 goals. A case can’t even be made for the team playing to his strengths - most of his goals he made for himself.

Obefemi had to grow up at some point and Downes had already shown massive signs of promise at Ipswich.

If anything Piroe scored his 24 goals in spite of Martin dropping him into midfield second half of the season.

There is absolutely no consistency here, I am not defending Martin nor am I proclaiming him to be some magical messiah. BUT I read a post claiming he would destroy the best of players.....all I am pointing out is the players who have flourished under his management to show what was claimed is incorrect.

I now read that those players I have mentioned, one only performed in spite of Martin, one was already showing promise and one just grew up.

Cmon! The mythical rubbish that is posted on here that somehow becomes fact with some as I said.
Its truely unbelievable!

Ryan Bennett ? on 20:07 - Aug 28 with 1257 viewsReslovenSwan1

Put yourself in Ryan's shoes.

If what has been speculated is correct he has a contact to the end of this season and another season if he plays another game.

This is leverage. He will not play again whatever happens. He feels he has n been mistreated.

If he does not go anywhere on loan he can simply take his wages d growing his tomatoes. Hs career will effectively be over and he has at least a couple of seasons left.

The best thing for him and the club is to go on loan somewhere and get Swansea to pay more than half of his wages roughly £500,000+. it is a £1m liability.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ryan Bennett ? on 01:38 - Aug 29 with 1200 viewsmajorraglan

Last year’s turnover was £27.5m, I believe this included the final years parachute payment so that would have put a positive boost on things, but on the negative side was the hit sustained following Covid. I reckon the turnover for the most recent financial year ending last June will show turnover has dropped to between £17m and £20m.

If what’s been claimed on here is correct and Bennett is indeed on £80k per month, then after “on costs” thats going to equate to an outlay of £1m+ per year, or put anther way between 5% and 7% of the club’s income. If Bennett is played and as a result earns a contract extension on the same or even improved terms then it’s likely his wages will have a greater impact on finances and will account for a larger proportion of the clubs turnover as I believe club income will drop on account of the energy crisis. I can see why the club would want to avoid triggering the extension if Bennetts wages would account for that much of the club’s income, but equally I see the other side of the coin where Bennett would want to be paid his wage as per his contract. I’d have thought a transfer incorporating wages subsidy as per the Res comments could be a decent outcome for all, the Swans save some cash, Bennett gets a new club where his qualities will be appreciated, he gets to plate and he gets his full wages paid in part by the new club and Swansea.
Ryan Bennett ? on 07:24 - Aug 29 with 1173 viewsangryjack

I take that as a joke..you think wood is better..or cabango...maybe darling the only one,I know Bennett ain't brilliant but he's got experience and been at some good clubs..wood and cabango are garbage
Ryan Bennett ? on 07:36 - Aug 29 with 1144 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Bennett ? on 20:07 - Aug 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Put yourself in Ryan's shoes.

If what has been speculated is correct he has a contact to the end of this season and another season if he plays another game.

This is leverage. He will not play again whatever happens. He feels he has n been mistreated.

If he does not go anywhere on loan he can simply take his wages d growing his tomatoes. Hs career will effectively be over and he has at least a couple of seasons left.

The best thing for him and the club is to go on loan somewhere and get Swansea to pay more than half of his wages roughly £500,000+. it is a £1m liability.

Is that 100% true? If so I understand the clubs position - we can’t afford to pay him another season most definitely.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:40 - Aug 29 with 1136 viewsBryanSwan

Ryan Bennett ? on 01:38 - Aug 29 by majorraglan

Last year’s turnover was £27.5m, I believe this included the final years parachute payment so that would have put a positive boost on things, but on the negative side was the hit sustained following Covid. I reckon the turnover for the most recent financial year ending last June will show turnover has dropped to between £17m and £20m.

If what’s been claimed on here is correct and Bennett is indeed on £80k per month, then after “on costs” thats going to equate to an outlay of £1m+ per year, or put anther way between 5% and 7% of the club’s income. If Bennett is played and as a result earns a contract extension on the same or even improved terms then it’s likely his wages will have a greater impact on finances and will account for a larger proportion of the clubs turnover as I believe club income will drop on account of the energy crisis. I can see why the club would want to avoid triggering the extension if Bennetts wages would account for that much of the club’s income, but equally I see the other side of the coin where Bennett would want to be paid his wage as per his contract. I’d have thought a transfer incorporating wages subsidy as per the Res comments could be a decent outcome for all, the Swans save some cash, Bennett gets a new club where his qualities will be appreciated, he gets to plate and he gets his full wages paid in part by the new club and Swansea.

I just can't see why he isn't already out on loan, it seems the best option for both us and him.
Even if the other club are only paying say £5k of his weekly wage, thats still a saving for us and he gets to play.
He'd probably prefer the loan and then his contract expiring as he could get a nice signing on fee next year then and have a year of playing to keep his value up.

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:40 - Aug 29 with 1136 viewsangryjack

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:36 - Aug 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Is that 100% true? If so I understand the clubs position - we can’t afford to pay him another season most definitely.

Funny hos we could afford it when we gave him the contract
Ryan Bennett ? on 08:00 - Aug 29 with 1118 viewspete

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:40 - Aug 29 by BryanSwan

I just can't see why he isn't already out on loan, it seems the best option for both us and him.
Even if the other club are only paying say £5k of his weekly wage, thats still a saving for us and he gets to play.
He'd probably prefer the loan and then his contract expiring as he could get a nice signing on fee next year then and have a year of playing to keep his value up.

that , in my opinion because we have inept leadership, in fact no leadership at the club with people at the top whomdonot care
I fully agree with what you say and should have been sorte MONTHS ago
Ryan Bennett ? on 08:10 - Aug 29 with 1092 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ryan Bennett ? on 19:15 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Is the correct answer.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:13 - Aug 29 with 1053 viewsbuilthjack

He is a good old fashioned centre half. He can head it 40 yards.
Some teams like that. Not us.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:21 - Aug 29 with 1039 viewsonehunglow

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:13 - Aug 29 by builthjack

He is a good old fashioned centre half. He can head it 40 yards.
Some teams like that. Not us.

It’s like those teams to kick the ball forwards and at speed and some chap buries the ball into the net. They do it in th Premier League.
Watch Erling Harland break away goal. Direct,no faffing about,job done

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:29 - Aug 29 with 1033 viewsPawelAbbott

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:40 - Aug 29 by BryanSwan

He probably has a wife and kids who are quite settled in the city. (I am guessing, I don't know)
But, if that is the case then maybe he doesn't fancy 9 months of sitting in a hotel room on his tod, getting to see the family once or twice a week. Possibly the last season of his career. Maybe he thinks he will stay home, take the money and possibly do his Coaching badges.
If he is that way inclined, then maybe the option would be to move him to player / coach at some level. Get something for the money we have to pay him.
Ryan Bennett ? on 09:36 - Aug 29 with 1002 viewsonehunglow

Ryan Bennett ? on 09:29 - Aug 29 by PawelAbbott

He probably has a wife and kids who are quite settled in the city. (I am guessing, I don't know)
But, if that is the case then maybe he doesn't fancy 9 months of sitting in a hotel room on his tod, getting to see the family once or twice a week. Possibly the last season of his career. Maybe he thinks he will stay home, take the money and possibly do his Coaching badges.
If he is that way inclined, then maybe the option would be to move him to player / coach at some level. Get something for the money we have to pay him.

He might be indignant at his treatment Pav. If I were him,I’d be looking to shaft him and the club ,frankly. There again, he might simply take the money and run.

Ryan Bennett ? on 10:01 - Aug 29 with 984 viewsWhiterockin

I was told a couple if months ago that his family had moved to grimsby to settle in ready for where he is playing next season. We will just to wait and see if it pans out that way.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Ryan Bennett ? on 10:03 - Aug 29 with 968 viewsonehunglow

Ryan Bennett ? on 10:01 - Aug 29 by Whiterockin

I was told a couple if months ago that his family had moved to grimsby to settle in ready for where he is playing next season. We will just to wait and see if it pans out that way.

Any idea if Andy ,our Grimsby Jack,is still around

Ryan Bennett ? on 11:01 - Aug 29 with 931 viewsBryanSwan

I mean if he is happy with this being his last year sitting around picking up his pay packet then fair enough.
But if he has any ambition of playing on after this season he simply has to play football, an effective season off at his age will put loads of clubs off him.

Ryan Bennett ? on 13:20 - Aug 29 with 843 viewsvetchonian

Literally sent to Coventry by all accounts

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024