Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL 2022 12:32 - Sep 19 with 11543 viewspioneer

Someone on here will be happy with the Dolphins 2-0 start. Hopefully the Bills will match it with a win against Titans.
NFL 2022 on 16:50 - Sep 19 with 6182 viewsDaleiLama

An 11 page cricket thread gets no mark downs but mention another sport ....... you would have thought especially in the current times tolerance might be a little more to the fore? Cest la vie.

Got to the appt just before HT last night and saw the Ravens punch it in to go up 28-7. Said to my g/f let's go and get some tea as it was 9.30pm here and after Northampton I'd had my fill of disappointment. Mate msgd me to say he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Needless to say I missed it all but will try to catch the replay on NFL Network. The last 711 teams with a 21 pt Q4 lead lost! I'm just hoping we give the Bills a game. Anyone wants to mark this post down be my guest. Won't stop me posting or being petty enough to mark other sports I don't follow down.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 16:51]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL 2022 on 18:15 - Sep 19 with 6132 viewsisitme

It has been an interesting start to the season. The Bengals' offensive line being like sieve and the Cowboys and 49ers both losing their starting quarterbacks are two lowlights. The Cowboys relying on a back up who got cut when the rosters went to 53, it is such a crazy game. It is literally 'any given Sunday'.

A couple of good games on tonight between better teams, which should be good viewing.
NFL 2022 on 18:31 - Sep 19 with 6116 viewsNigeriamark

NFL 2022 on 18:15 - Sep 19 by isitme

It has been an interesting start to the season. The Bengals' offensive line being like sieve and the Cowboys and 49ers both losing their starting quarterbacks are two lowlights. The Cowboys relying on a back up who got cut when the rosters went to 53, it is such a crazy game. It is literally 'any given Sunday'.

A couple of good games on tonight between better teams, which should be good viewing.

Some very odd results. Jets 13 points behind inside the 2 minute warning & score 2 touchdowns after recovering an onside kick. I decided to follow the Eagles this year who look as if they could be interesting but don't play until tonight. Watched a lot of the Miami game & hard to fathom the defending by Baltmore. Tua throwing 6 TDs!!!
NFL 2022 on 18:33 - Sep 19 with 6116 viewsKnavesmireBob

It's been a cracking start to the season already. I'm a long suffering Bengals fan, spent the whole of last season rubbing my eyes in disbelief but looks like normal service has been resumed and on the back of the first two weeks I'll do well to make it to Christmas without suffering heart failure. AFC looks stacked this year, hopefully whoever makes it through the conference goes on to win in Arizona in Feb.
NFL 2022 on 06:14 - Sep 20 with 6002 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 16:50 - Sep 19 by DaleiLama

An 11 page cricket thread gets no mark downs but mention another sport ....... you would have thought especially in the current times tolerance might be a little more to the fore? Cest la vie.

Got to the appt just before HT last night and saw the Ravens punch it in to go up 28-7. Said to my g/f let's go and get some tea as it was 9.30pm here and after Northampton I'd had my fill of disappointment. Mate msgd me to say he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Needless to say I missed it all but will try to catch the replay on NFL Network. The last 711 teams with a 21 pt Q4 lead lost! I'm just hoping we give the Bills a game. Anyone wants to mark this post down be my guest. Won't stop me posting or being petty enough to mark other sports I don't follow down.

Week 3. 2-0 bills v 2-0 dolphins….shame one of our teams has to lose their 100% record so soon in the season, DL.

Should be a cracker.
NFL 2022 on 11:59 - Sep 21 with 5908 viewswatford_dale

NFL 2022 on 16:50 - Sep 19 by DaleiLama

The Jets' comeback was more sudden than either of the other two comebacks. The Browns had the game wrapped up with two minutes to play.

Nick Chubb's 12-yard touchdown at the two-minute warning gave the Browns a 30-17 lead. The extra point was no good but that didn't seem to matter. NFL teams had won 2,229 straight games when leading by at least 13 points in the final two minutes, according to ESPN Stats and Info. The last time a team blew that kind of lead was 2001 when the Chicago Bears beat the ... Browns.
NFL 2022 on 16:49 - Sep 22 with 5776 viewsDaleiLama

@ Pioneer - The Dolphins are 0-3 against the Bills in the last three meetings, outscored by an average of 39-12. In those games, Tua Tagovailoa is 56.4 percent, 1 TD, 4 INT, 59.8 QB rating. Another opportunity Sunday to change for the better how NFL views Dolphins, Tua. They were 4.5 dogs at home in the heat and humidity but went out to 5.5 after the Texans trouncing, where Tanny was being Tanny (unfair as I didn't watch a single snap) and the Bills were being the Bills. Really looking forward to this one. Persuaded my g/f we should stay in and have a buffet + a good bottle Sunday night

@ NM - quite the outing for your temporary new team and Hurts. He looks like he could develop into something special

@ KB saw this tweeted the other day. Joe Burrow was sacked 51 times last season. The Bengals overhauled their offensive line. He is on pace to be sacked 111 times this season. Sorry to compound your misery!

NFL 2022 on 21:59 - Sep 23 with 5628 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 11:59 - Sep 21 by watford_dale

The Jets' comeback was more sudden than either of the other two comebacks. The Browns had the game wrapped up with two minutes to play.

Nick Chubb's 12-yard touchdown at the two-minute warning gave the Browns a 30-17 lead. The extra point was no good but that didn't seem to matter. NFL teams had won 2,229 straight games when leading by at least 13 points in the final two minutes, according to ESPN Stats and Info. The last time a team blew that kind of lead was 2001 when the Chicago Bears beat the ... Browns.

There you go…..Browns win in Steel City…….usually a graveyard for them.
Login to get fewer ads

NFL 2022 on 22:32 - Sep 23 with 5621 viewsjokerthief

The Redzone is the best programme on T.V.
NFL 2022 on 06:48 - Sep 24 with 5580 viewsDaleiLama

Bills injury report (especially 2ndary) is brutal Pioneer, and Baldy has given Waddle and Hill the moniker Blaze Brothers (shades of Duper and Clayton of old) but it's still a tough one to call. Heart says Fins, head (and bookies) says Bills. Fair chance of thunderstorms too apparently.

NFL 2022 on 08:24 - Sep 24 with 5572 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 06:48 - Sep 24 by DaleiLama

Bills injury report (especially 2ndary) is brutal Pioneer, and Baldy has given Waddle and Hill the moniker Blaze Brothers (shades of Duper and Clayton of old) but it's still a tough one to call. Heart says Fins, head (and bookies) says Bills. Fair chance of thunderstorms too apparently.

Yes those injuries are tough. Still as they say….no one circles the wagons
the the buffalo bills
NFL 2022 on 14:53 - Sep 24 with 5514 viewsDaley_Lama

NFL 2022 on 08:24 - Sep 24 by pioneer

the the buffalo bills

Any baseball fans on here?

Boiling up nicely as the regular season draws to a close.

LA Dodgers leading the way, closely followed by Astros (my team) and Mets/Yankees for a bit of NY rivalry. Chuck Atlanta in the mix and the soft spot old guard at St Louis and it’s going to be a fine World Series in a couple of weeks.

Massive advantage in being the most wins in regular season, tough schedule for wildcard teams/pitcher rotation.

Couple of amazing individual player achievements going on to

Carlos Pujol last night joined an exclusive club, 700 home runs! There are 5 players to have done that.

Aaron Judge is also set to equal then beat the all time regular season record for Home Runs, he has 60, record is 61 set poetically 61 years ago.

Astros to beat Mets in the final.

Poll: DF in or out

NFL 2022 on 16:34 - Sep 24 with 5483 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 08:24 - Sep 24 by pioneer

the the buffalo bills

Really bad luck this Pioneer. Never like to hear of these injuries.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackbechta/status/1573693821900263424

NFL 2022 on 12:26 - Sep 25 with 5416 viewswatford_dale

NFL 2022 on 14:53 - Sep 24 by Daley_Lama

Any baseball fans on here?

Boiling up nicely as the regular season draws to a close.

LA Dodgers leading the way, closely followed by Astros (my team) and Mets/Yankees for a bit of NY rivalry. Chuck Atlanta in the mix and the soft spot old guard at St Louis and it’s going to be a fine World Series in a couple of weeks.

Massive advantage in being the most wins in regular season, tough schedule for wildcard teams/pitcher rotation.

Couple of amazing individual player achievements going on to

Carlos Pujol last night joined an exclusive club, 700 home runs! There are 5 players to have done that.

Aaron Judge is also set to equal then beat the all time regular season record for Home Runs, he has 60, record is 61 set poetically 61 years ago.

Astros to beat Mets in the final.

Yep, follow the Friars, love going over there to watch the game and been to 22 of the 30 ballparks.

The Mets are picking up pace and if Scherzer and DeGrom can stay healthy, that has to be the best 1 2 in baseball. Going for LA Dodgers v Astros final and hopefully it will go to 7 games.

There are 4 members of the 700 club - Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds (although the PED's must claim an assist with this record being a known juicer) and Albert, who would of smashed the record out of sight if he had stayed in St Louis. The fan who caught the 700th HR ball could be $100,000 richer if they decided to sell it.

Aaron Judge potential to break Roger Maris home run record of 61 is also very important as the previous 3 players to beat it were Mark McGwire (70 in 1998), Barry Bonds (73 in 2003) and Sammy Sosa (he had 3 seasons where he eclipsed that record) and they are all known juicers. Judge will be the first clean player to break this record.
NFL 2022 on 21:37 - Sep 25 with 5351 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 16:34 - Sep 24 by DaleiLama

Really bad luck this Pioneer. Never like to hear of these injuries.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackbechta/status/1573693821900263424

Tough loss for my Bills….and keeps the fish in the running to equal that perfect season again😊

See you back in orchard park, DL!
NFL 2022 on 22:17 - Sep 25 with 5336 viewsrichfoad32

NFL 2022 on 12:26 - Sep 25 by watford_dale

Yep, follow the Friars, love going over there to watch the game and been to 22 of the 30 ballparks.

The Mets are picking up pace and if Scherzer and DeGrom can stay healthy, that has to be the best 1 2 in baseball. Going for LA Dodgers v Astros final and hopefully it will go to 7 games.

There are 4 members of the 700 club - Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds (although the PED's must claim an assist with this record being a known juicer) and Albert, who would of smashed the record out of sight if he had stayed in St Louis. The fan who caught the 700th HR ball could be $100,000 richer if they decided to sell it.

Aaron Judge potential to break Roger Maris home run record of 61 is also very important as the previous 3 players to beat it were Mark McGwire (70 in 1998), Barry Bonds (73 in 2003) and Sammy Sosa (he had 3 seasons where he eclipsed that record) and they are all known juicers. Judge will be the first clean player to break this record.

Padres made a big splash trading for Soto, looks like it's going right down to the wire for the Wild Card. I would preferably like to see them or the Brewers come out of the NL, bored of the Dodgers and Braves. Like you say, Scherzer and DeGrom is a scary 1 2 punch for the Mets if they remain healthy.

I follow the Mariners who looked like a lock for a Wild Card spot a week or so ago but are doing their best to choke it away. So pathetic offensively I really don't expect much if they limp into the playoffs but just to get there after 20 years will be great.
NFL 2022 on 04:46 - Sep 26 with 5304 viewsNigeriamark

NFL 2022 on 21:37 - Sep 25 by pioneer

Tough loss for my Bills….and keeps the fish in the running to equal that perfect season again😊

See you back in orchard park, DL!

Very good competitive game, that I thought the Fins were going to throw away in the last couple of unites. Switched between this & The Eagles game, but watched all the last quarter of this one. Too has received a lot of stick, but give him weapons like Hill & Waddle & he looks a world beater. Both teams will make the playoffs as will the Eagles who may have found themselves a top 10 QB
NFL 2022 on 06:53 - Sep 26 with 5281 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 04:46 - Sep 26 by Nigeriamark

Very good competitive game, that I thought the Fins were going to throw away in the last couple of unites. Switched between this & The Eagles game, but watched all the last quarter of this one. Too has received a lot of stick, but give him weapons like Hill & Waddle & he looks a world beater. Both teams will make the playoffs as will the Eagles who may have found themselves a top 10 QB

Ironically it was our D that got us over the line. 90 plays. In that heat/humidity. Incredible. Tua hasn't got the biggest arm but he has a lot of other qualities to make him a top QB. He even survived that cheap shot from Milano (not sure how). He also has a better OL this year and MMs offensive scheme should not be underestimated. Look at SF in his absence. Cautiously optimistic at this stage but big game against KBs Bengals on Thursday.

NFL 2022 on 10:35 - Sep 26 with 5203 viewsDaley_Lama

NFL 2022 on 12:26 - Sep 25 by watford_dale

Blimey, an absolute superfan!

Thanks for the added background info, really informative. I’m only 19 grounds behind you in terns of places visited.

Do you think you will complete the 30?

Poll: DF in or out

NFL 2022 on 10:51 - Sep 26 with 5197 viewsKnavesmireBob

Looking forward to Thursday night! Not yet seen the highlights from yesterday but sounds like we're back up and running and maybe a couple of early bloody noses is just what we needed to get some humility and focus back. I always think the season starts to settle about now and 2-2 Bengals and 3-1 Miami after 4 games feels more 'normal' than 1-3 and 4-0 but who knows what's going to happen in the NFL these days? Best of luck!
NFL 2022 on 19:42 - Sep 26 with 5066 viewswatford_dale

NFL 2022 on 10:35 - Sep 26 by Daley_Lama

Blimey, an absolute superfan!

Thanks for the added background info, really informative. I’m only 19 grounds behind you in terns of places visited.

Do you think you will complete the 30?

Hope to make all 30 obviously the pandemic but the trip on hold and looks like the chancellor is now putting my trip on hold - £1 = $1.06.

Trips will be in 3 visits
Texas and Houston
Boston, NYY, NYM
Atlanta, KC and Seattle

Then pick up St Louis, as moved stadium since last went or if a team moves I will pick them up and the talk is Oakland going to Las Vegas because they want a stadium upgrade and want the city to help pay for it - probably not the best time right now.

SD Chargers left San Diego because the city wouldn't pay for a new stadium - local taxes would have gone up from 11% to 14% and the city voted it down. 75% of the fanbase refused to follow them as LA Chargers.
NFL 2022 on 20:05 - Sep 26 with 5055 viewswatford_dale

NFL 2022 on 22:17 - Sep 25 by richfoad32

Padres made a big splash trading for Soto, looks like it's going right down to the wire for the Wild Card. I would preferably like to see them or the Brewers come out of the NL, bored of the Dodgers and Braves. Like you say, Scherzer and DeGrom is a scary 1 2 punch for the Mets if they remain healthy.

I follow the Mariners who looked like a lock for a Wild Card spot a week or so ago but are doing their best to choke it away. So pathetic offensively I really don't expect much if they limp into the playoffs but just to get there after 20 years will be great.

For the Soto trade, he'd turned down $440m/15 years and the uncertainty was surrounding whether Washington would keep him to make the team more attractive to potential buyers. We will have him for this playoffs and next 2 seasons. Tatis is a tool and we have been held together by Machado for large parts of the season and the pitching.

Mariners, best cap in baseball with the upside down trident, should make it with Orioles 4 games behind then the White Sox have imploded. They have been in the best division in baseball all year.

Feel sorry for Orioles fans, their last 3 full seasons have been 100+ games lost seasons and they were just getting somewhere this season they trade their best player and their all star closer. Its a brilliant stadium bang in the middle of the City.
NFL 2022 on 22:48 - Sep 26 with 5025 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 19:42 - Sep 26 by watford_dale

Hope to make all 30 obviously the pandemic but the trip on hold and looks like the chancellor is now putting my trip on hold - £1 = $1.06.

Trips will be in 3 visits
Texas and Houston
Boston, NYY, NYM
Atlanta, KC and Seattle

Then pick up St Louis, as moved stadium since last went or if a team moves I will pick them up and the talk is Oakland going to Las Vegas because they want a stadium upgrade and want the city to help pay for it - probably not the best time right now.

SD Chargers left San Diego because the city wouldn't pay for a new stadium - local taxes would have gone up from 11% to 14% and the city voted it down. 75% of the fanbase refused to follow them as LA Chargers.

You have left some of the best till last WD. I have been to each of those.

If you are interested in tennis the Mets stadium is right next to flushing meadow. I used to do an annual trip arranged around Mets scedule to go to US open tennis during the day and cross the train line for the Mets game in the evening.

Also flushing is handy for a less expensive hotel. Its a chinese community so provided you dont mind some challenging communication issues it allows you to walk back to your hotel whatever time the tennis or ballgame finishes. Also some great inexpensive chinese restaurants.

Fenway has the history but is an awful place towatch a game…sightlines awful seats crammed in given it was built before the Titanic sunk and folks were generally smaller then!

KC is a lovely ball park, built well ahead of its time.

New Yankee Stadium is amazing…a citadel. Make sure you go for when the gates open and go round to the memorial garden ( there is usually a long queue if you go nearer the game time and they cut off the line at some point)

Texas, Houston, Seattle and Atlanta all modern stadia with good sightlines and close to downtown.

I went to Houston just after it opened in early 2000s and at the time you could get bleacher tickets for $1 on Sundays. Some folks went to the game to simply get out of the sun (its an indoor stadium)

My favourite ballpark though is Dodger Stadium….amazing place and a work of art. I have had seats in all different parts of the stadium and each was amazing.

I havent been to the new St Louis stadium…the old one wasnt bad, but then I dont frequent the corporate facilities!

Apart from that I still have to visit the new Padres and Milwaukee and Phildelphia stadia (i have been to their old places). Not yet been to Washington (went to Montreal before they relocated). Not been to Marlins and only been to Tampa for an ice hockey game ( yes they played hockey there before buiding the lightning a purpose built arena). Alos not been to Colorado Rockies for a baseball game.

Have you been to any of the minor league parks? I reccomend going to the StatenIsland Yankees and Brooklyn Mets on any trip to NY. Mets is tight by Coney Island funfair and yankees is right next to the Staten Island ferry terminal. I went to a night game there on July 4th one year and watched the fireworks over Manhatten from the ferry. Amazing place to watch from.

And last but not least the Buffalo Bisons…not to be missed …one of the first ballparks built to return the game to city centres…and part of the City of Buffalos attempts to get a major league team. There is a great book written on the politics of how they were kept out of MLB and the francishe given to Tampa. Go on a friday for Friday Night Bash…..pulled pork sandwiches and micro brews at $2 each pre game ( that was before the pandemic)

I used to know an ex pat from Rochdale who lived in Buffalo, big dale fan, who I would meet up with. Sadly she passed away several years ago.
NFL 2022 on 06:17 - Sep 27 with 4997 viewsrichfoad32

NFL 2022 on 22:48 - Sep 26 by pioneer

You have left some of the best till last WD. I have been to each of those.

If you are interested in tennis the Mets stadium is right next to flushing meadow. I used to do an annual trip arranged around Mets scedule to go to US open tennis during the day and cross the train line for the Mets game in the evening.

Also flushing is handy for a less expensive hotel. Its a chinese community so provided you dont mind some challenging communication issues it allows you to walk back to your hotel whatever time the tennis or ballgame finishes. Also some great inexpensive chinese restaurants.

Fenway has the history but is an awful place towatch a game…sightlines awful seats crammed in given it was built before the Titanic sunk and folks were generally smaller then!

KC is a lovely ball park, built well ahead of its time.

New Yankee Stadium is amazing…a citadel. Make sure you go for when the gates open and go round to the memorial garden ( there is usually a long queue if you go nearer the game time and they cut off the line at some point)

Texas, Houston, Seattle and Atlanta all modern stadia with good sightlines and close to downtown.

I went to Houston just after it opened in early 2000s and at the time you could get bleacher tickets for $1 on Sundays. Some folks went to the game to simply get out of the sun (its an indoor stadium)

My favourite ballpark though is Dodger Stadium….amazing place and a work of art. I have had seats in all different parts of the stadium and each was amazing.

I havent been to the new St Louis stadium…the old one wasnt bad, but then I dont frequent the corporate facilities!

Apart from that I still have to visit the new Padres and Milwaukee and Phildelphia stadia (i have been to their old places). Not yet been to Washington (went to Montreal before they relocated). Not been to Marlins and only been to Tampa for an ice hockey game ( yes they played hockey there before buiding the lightning a purpose built arena). Alos not been to Colorado Rockies for a baseball game.

Have you been to any of the minor league parks? I reccomend going to the StatenIsland Yankees and Brooklyn Mets on any trip to NY. Mets is tight by Coney Island funfair and yankees is right next to the Staten Island ferry terminal. I went to a night game there on July 4th one year and watched the fireworks over Manhatten from the ferry. Amazing place to watch from.

And last but not least the Buffalo Bisons…not to be missed …one of the first ballparks built to return the game to city centres…and part of the City of Buffalos attempts to get a major league team. There is a great book written on the politics of how they were kept out of MLB and the francishe given to Tampa. Go on a friday for Friday Night Bash…..pulled pork sandwiches and micro brews at $2 each pre game ( that was before the pandemic)

I used to know an ex pat from Rochdale who lived in Buffalo, big dale fan, who I would meet up with. Sadly she passed away several years ago.

Wow, that's an impressive list. Most of my visits were 25+ years ago and are long gone now, would love to visit some of the newer parks especially Seattle. I went to the old Kingdome but it was a sterile place for baseball. Wrigley Field was great fun and as you say Fenway Park is steeped in history but watching a game is awful, I had what I was assured was an 'awesome seat' down the 1st base line but had neckache by the middle innings trying to crane my head to watch the action. I don't like the Yankees but their stadium is beautiful and we were able to wander around the concourse with a beer (at $17 a pop!) to watch the game from different vantage points.

Never paid much attention to the World Baseball Classic before now, but I see GB have qualified for the first time. Interesting to see if this spikes any interest in the game over here but my gut instinct is telling me no. It would be nice if it could just reach NFL levels as a niche sport because at the moment I personally know nobody with even the vaguest of interest in it. I know they're trying to make it more appealing and speed up the play by putting pitchers on the clock next season but I hope they don't mess with it too much as it's a fine sport.
NFL 2022 on 06:34 - Sep 27 with 4976 viewsrichfoad32

NFL 2022 on 20:05 - Sep 26 by watford_dale

For the Soto trade, he'd turned down $440m/15 years and the uncertainty was surrounding whether Washington would keep him to make the team more attractive to potential buyers. We will have him for this playoffs and next 2 seasons. Tatis is a tool and we have been held together by Machado for large parts of the season and the pitching.

Mariners, best cap in baseball with the upside down trident, should make it with Orioles 4 games behind then the White Sox have imploded. They have been in the best division in baseball all year.

Feel sorry for Orioles fans, their last 3 full seasons have been 100+ games lost seasons and they were just getting somewhere this season they trade their best player and their all star closer. Its a brilliant stadium bang in the middle of the City.

I'd forgotten all about Tatis! It's amazing the Padres have managed to hang in there without him really, they'd be scary with him in the lineup as well. A rotation of Darvish, Musgrove and Snell in the playoffs wouldn't be too shabby and it looks like Hader is recovering his lights out stuff as well. Just beat L.A!

Orioles won again tonight (gulp) to close within three. M's have a soft run in but if they're gonna choke it will be the tiniest consolation that it's to the O's who have been similarly starved of success recently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024