Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager 18:10 - Sep 24 with 6590 viewsthrillseeker

We need Neil Warnock (or someone similar)- he will kick the players arses into gear and tell the DOF to f++k off and play his own style

After today I do not want an inexperienced manager that will be coerced/ forced by the DOF to play the Colchester United way!

I also do not want any internal appointment as at this present moment all these Directors of this and Directors of that have failed and are part of the problem.

New manager on 15:09 - Sep 30 with 1508 viewsburnsieespana

New manager on 14:53 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

Tick tock time is getting on we need the word

Up the U's

If it is Matt Bloomfield be very interesting to see who comes in as his assistant. Maybe that is what is holding things up.
New manager on 15:38 - Sep 30 with 1460 viewsdurham_exile

New manager on 15:09 - Sep 30 by burnsieespana

If it is Matt Bloomfield be very interesting to see who comes in as his assistant. Maybe that is what is holding things up.

Wycombe have already announced that it is Matt Bloomfield.

Our Col U TV delayed until 4pm

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New manager on 15:46 - Sep 30 with 1455 viewsnoah4x4

100 interviewed, first one swearing loyalty to Tony Humes evidently got the job.

Beyond belief!
New manager on 15:48 - Sep 30 with 1446 viewsdurham_exile

The Chairboys have announced it already:

It is with immense pride and excitement that the club announces that Matt Bloomfield will take up his first managerial role, ending his incredible 19-year tenure at Adams Park, to become the new Head Coach of League 2 side Colchester United.

Bloomfield, 38, has spent half his life with the Chairboys, arriving as a teenager in 2003 and going on to amass 558 first-team appearances in all three divisions of the EFL, achieving four promotions and playing a major role in the club’s run to the semi-final of the League Cup in 2007.

He was forced to call time on his playing career in February after suffering a serious concussion in his final playing appearance — a League Cup tie at Exeter City in August 2021 — but remained an integral part of the Blues’ coaching setup, working closely alongside manager Gareth Ainsworth on first-team matters as well as helping to nurture young talent in the club’s development programme.

Colchester parted company with previous boss Wayne Brown earlier this month and have selected Bloomfield as the man to lead them forward, with the blessing and best wishes of everyone at Wycombe Wanderers.

Matt said: “I always knew it would have to be something big to take me away from Wycombe Wanderers and I am so excited to begin a new chapter in my career by taking on the role as Head Coach at Colchester. It wasn’t a decision I could take lightly, but I’m honoured to have been given an opportunity to further my career in a managerial position and I’m going to give it everything I’ve got.

“Wycombe has been — and will continue to be — such a big part of my life and I am so grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way, and all the love and support that I’ve received from the fans, staff, players, board and everyone associated to the club. Words cannot describe how privilege I feel to have represented Wycombe for half my life and I will never forget or take for granted how much I enjoyed pulling on the shirt or turning up each day for training with such an incredible group of people.”

"Wycombe has been — and will continue to be — such a big part of my life and I am so grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way."

Matt Bloomfield

Chairman Rob Couhig said: “Matt was born to lead; he was our inspirational captain for many years and made a seamless transition into our coaching staff, where he has displayed his tactical expertise and his tremendous ability to mentor and develop younger players.

“Everyone at Wycombe Wanderers should be proud to have seen him develop from a teenage boy from the youth team at Ipswich Town, to a man who carries the utmost respect of everyone he meets. I have known Matt for just three and a half years but he is one of the most humble, hard-working and honest people I have had the pleasure of meeting, and I have no doubt that he will make a tremendous success of his opportunity to be a manager.”

"It’s a bittersweet day for me, saying goodbye to not just a fantastic coach and person, but also a very close friend."

Gareth Ainsworth

Manager Gareth Ainsworth said: “It’s a bittersweet day for me, saying goodbye to not just a fantastic coach and person, but also a very close friend who’s been there alongside me for every step of the journey we’ve been on since I joined the club in 2009. But my over-riding emotion is pride for Blooms, earning this opportunity to prove what he can do as a manager and take all of his experiences from his time at Wycombe to turn Colchester around and get them up the league.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New manager on 15:55 - Sep 30 with 1436 viewsLeadbelly

New manager on 15:48 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

The Chairboys have announced it already:

It is with immense pride and excitement that the club announces that Matt Bloomfield will take up his first managerial role, ending his incredible 19-year tenure at Adams Park, to become the new Head Coach of League 2 side Colchester United.

Bloomfield, 38, has spent half his life with the Chairboys, arriving as a teenager in 2003 and going on to amass 558 first-team appearances in all three divisions of the EFL, achieving four promotions and playing a major role in the club’s run to the semi-final of the League Cup in 2007.

He was forced to call time on his playing career in February after suffering a serious concussion in his final playing appearance — a League Cup tie at Exeter City in August 2021 — but remained an integral part of the Blues’ coaching setup, working closely alongside manager Gareth Ainsworth on first-team matters as well as helping to nurture young talent in the club’s development programme.

Colchester parted company with previous boss Wayne Brown earlier this month and have selected Bloomfield as the man to lead them forward, with the blessing and best wishes of everyone at Wycombe Wanderers.

Matt said: “I always knew it would have to be something big to take me away from Wycombe Wanderers and I am so excited to begin a new chapter in my career by taking on the role as Head Coach at Colchester. It wasn’t a decision I could take lightly, but I’m honoured to have been given an opportunity to further my career in a managerial position and I’m going to give it everything I’ve got.

“Wycombe has been — and will continue to be — such a big part of my life and I am so grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way, and all the love and support that I’ve received from the fans, staff, players, board and everyone associated to the club. Words cannot describe how privilege I feel to have represented Wycombe for half my life and I will never forget or take for granted how much I enjoyed pulling on the shirt or turning up each day for training with such an incredible group of people.”

"Wycombe has been — and will continue to be — such a big part of my life and I am so grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way."

Matt Bloomfield

Chairman Rob Couhig said: “Matt was born to lead; he was our inspirational captain for many years and made a seamless transition into our coaching staff, where he has displayed his tactical expertise and his tremendous ability to mentor and develop younger players.

“Everyone at Wycombe Wanderers should be proud to have seen him develop from a teenage boy from the youth team at Ipswich Town, to a man who carries the utmost respect of everyone he meets. I have known Matt for just three and a half years but he is one of the most humble, hard-working and honest people I have had the pleasure of meeting, and I have no doubt that he will make a tremendous success of his opportunity to be a manager.”

"It’s a bittersweet day for me, saying goodbye to not just a fantastic coach and person, but also a very close friend."

Gareth Ainsworth

Manager Gareth Ainsworth said: “It’s a bittersweet day for me, saying goodbye to not just a fantastic coach and person, but also a very close friend who’s been there alongside me for every step of the journey we’ve been on since I joined the club in 2009. But my over-riding emotion is pride for Blooms, earning this opportunity to prove what he can do as a manager and take all of his experiences from his time at Wycombe to turn Colchester around and get them up the league.

Up the U's

FFS!! We are even slower off the pitch than on it. Didn't think that was possible.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New manager on 16:02 - Sep 30 with 1418 viewsbwildered

A under whelmed appointment, but so where the previous incumbents.
Welcome .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New manager on 16:07 - Sep 30 with 1405 viewsburnsieespana

Sadly am totally underwhelmed and disappointed but let us hope he is as good as his previous employer suggest.
Parky 2.....!
New manager on 16:07 - Sep 30 with 1399 viewsdurham_exile

New manager on 15:55 - Sep 30 by Leadbelly

FFS!! We are even slower off the pitch than on it. Didn't think that was possible.

https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/WebPages/EntaExt/Streaming.aspx?code=CUFC%2

Blooms Blue and White Army

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

New manager on 16:08 - Sep 30 with 1396 viewsburnsieespana

Any news on his assistant?
New manager on 16:16 - Sep 30 with 1374 viewsdurham_exile

New manager on 16:08 - Sep 30 by burnsieespana

Any news on his assistant?

In fairness I watched the Col U TV 12 minutes and Bloomfield spoke very well.

He has watched the last three games - he has watched training today and spoke to the coaches and players.

He will be involved in the game tomorrow.

He wants his team to play with energy and enthusiasm. The players to play to their strengths.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New manager on 16:16 - Sep 30 with 1379 viewswessex_exile

New manager on 15:55 - Sep 30 by Leadbelly

Apparently both clubs agreed to announce at 3.30pm, the U's pushed it back to 4pm, but it seems Wycombe didn't get the memo.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New manager on 16:31 - Sep 30 with 1339 viewsLeadbelly

New manager on 16:16 - Sep 30 by wessex_exile

Apparently both clubs agreed to announce at 3.30pm, the U's pushed it back to 4pm, but it seems Wycombe didn't get the memo.

Just makes it worse!

Anyway, good luck to him. I'm prepared to overlook the Ipswich and Wycombe connections if he can turn things around,

New manager on 16:32 - Sep 30 with 1337 viewsLeadbelly

New manager on 16:07 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/WebPages/EntaExt/Streaming.aspx?code=CUFC%2

Blooms Blue and White Army

Up the U's

Matty B's Blue and White Army. Scans better for a start,

New manager on 17:42 - Sep 30 with 1271 viewsFruitbat

Well that came out of left field. Watched the interview and he speaks well. "Minimum requirement is to run and tackle". Can't help but think that it's about time someone pointed that out to this underperforming squad.
New manager on 17:55 - Sep 30 with 1255 viewsthrillseeker

New manager on 16:16 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

He has watched the last three games - he has watched training today and spoke to the coaches and players.

He wants his team to play with energy and enthusiasm. The players to play to their strengths.

Up the U's

If he watched last 3 games I would expect about 4 or 5 changes tomorrow but I suspect Humes will tell him the starting XI or at least say who he cannot drop

Although not convinced by this appointment I will support the new manager in the hope he does well

Like LB I will only forgot the Ipswich & Wycombe connection if he does well
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 17:56]
New manager on 19:10 - Sep 30 with 1200 viewsbwildered

Guess the mini bus south bound down A12 must be full .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New manager on 21:01 - Sep 30 with 1137 viewsRSCOSWORTH

You would think watching the last three games would make you not want to take the job!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

New manager on 21:05 - Sep 30 with 1123 viewsgerry_us

New manager on 21:01 - Sep 30 by RSCOSWORTH

You would think watching the last three games would make you not want to take the job!

Maybe he thought the "only way is UP"
Let's give him a chance by "not" judging him on tomorrow's game and giving him a couple of weeks to bring his ideas to the team....if allowed!
New manager on 22:51 - Sep 30 with 1064 viewsoxfcolu

My initial reaction was here we go again another inexperienced buffoon. But after reading all the reports and doing a little bit of research this is my opinion. An articulate well spoken public speaker, not an unintelligent repeat the same twaddle each week. He has his own ideas of the perfect game, yet to be proven depending on the conspiracy Humes theory of influence. Looking at his qualifications and grades shows a footballer with a braincell or two. Could be a Parky mk2. But I am convinced if we play sh1t he will choose his words carefully and not make unfounded statements. In short he has 3 games to make this shower earn there wages.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 23:03]
New manager on 06:40 - Oct 1 with 1014 viewsghughes11

New manager on 16:16 - Sep 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Best part of the interview was where he went to say that he is the "Manager" of the football club, but quickly realised that he is just the "Head Coach" and quickly corrected himself!

Let's give the young lad a chance eh and see how he goes!

This is the first time that a Col U manager has been younger than me (if only by 2 months!), this is when you know you are getting old! Only seems a few years ago that I was looking up to the players in the U18s and thinking they were old!

Looking forward to watching the match on iFollow. Wayne Brown got off to a 3-0 away in! Why not Matty Bloomfield?!?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

New manager on 14:17 - Oct 7 with 769 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Lee Harrison joins as First Team Goalkeeper Coach.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/october/harrison-in-as-goalkeeper-coach/

Was the Barnet goalkeeper back in 1999, I'm sure David Gregory will enjoy reminding him of a certain Wednesday evening.

New manager on 14:39 - Oct 7 with 754 viewswessex_exile

New manager on 14:17 - Oct 7 by RSCOSWORTH

Lee Harrison joins as First Team Goalkeeper Coach.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/october/harrison-in-as-goalkeeper-coach/

Was the Barnet goalkeeper back in 1999, I'm sure David Gregory will enjoy reminding him of a certain Wednesday evening.

Matt Bloomfield going back to raid Wycombe Wanderers I see - good stuff

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New manager on 14:52 - Oct 7 with 748 viewsRSCOSWORTH

New manager on 14:39 - Oct 7 by wessex_exile

Matt Bloomfield going back to raid Wycombe Wanderers I see - good stuff

Maybe he could go and get Ainsworth!

New manager on 17:56 - Oct 7 with 707 viewsMadeira163

New manager on 14:52 - Oct 7 by RSCOSWORTH

Maybe he could go and get Ainsworth!

Or Martin O’Neil !!!!
New manager on 18:30 - Oct 7 with 700 viewsLeadbelly

New manager on 17:56 - Oct 7 by Madeira163

Or Martin O’Neil !!!!

Wash your mouth out!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024