Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL verdict in full 17:18 - Oct 20 with 20131 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

EFL verdict in full on 17:41 - Oct 20 with 7978 viewskel

Not had time to read in full yet but page 18 reassures me my suspicions about someone were correct.
EFL verdict in full on 18:01 - Oct 20 with 7900 views442Dale

There’s decisions to made by those at/by the club.

Also, who are the EFL to use the phrase “so-called fans of the Club”?

EFL verdict in full on 18:06 - Oct 20 with 7882 viewsisitme

EFL verdict in full on 17:41 - Oct 20 by kel

Not had time to read in full yet but page 18 reassures me my suspicions about someone were correct.

I wonder who the anonymous character witness for DB was?

The document is an interesting read.
EFL verdict in full on 18:18 - Oct 20 with 7803 viewsD_Alien

So it transpires that Bottomley was a member of an EFL Working Party (section 148). My concerns that he was inveigling himself into the EFL might be seen in this light. Further, it would appear that he's managed to pull the wool over the eyes of the EFL ("he forgot") with regard to his failure to submit the relevant documentation on the OADT (147 & elsewhere) and that they've accepted a submission regarding his "good character" at face value whilst denigrating the fans of Dale, without whom the club might no longer exist. And this, despite Bottomley's previous history of manipulation at a high level of a company, which is in the public domain. "Good character" my arse!!

EFL - not fit for purpose

Agree with what's been said with regard to existing person(s) attached to the club. A great deal to chew over here, it'll take some time
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 18:20]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EFL verdict in full on 18:30 - Oct 20 with 7735 viewsSandyman

There's a few things in there many will disagree with, passionately. Please don't rant on here / Twitter etc about those remarks whilst another legal action is taking place.
EFL verdict in full on 18:35 - Oct 20 with 7720 viewsSuddenLad

EFL verdict in full on 17:41 - Oct 20 by kel

No party comes out of that with any credit. DB threw out the same 'defence' as he did when caught in the Hasbro debacle. 'I have been honest, transparent and fully co-operative'. He clearly had the hankie out when he was telling them about his undying, lifelong love of the club. Gulp!

The club are roundly criticised for failing to act sooner once Bottomley was deposed and by letting the situation slide.

As for Pockney, well, he's thoroughly dicredited by what was clear dishonesty. Not good.

Anyway, it's over, the expenses have to be paid (40%) by the club and each individual their equivalent proprtions.

I bet we can all guess who the anonymous character witness was, who specifically asked not to be identified because of abuse from club supporters. What a glowing reference for a con-man.

Let's just hope these goons never appear on our car park again, whilst DRB continues to watch football with 'his friends'. Despite his claim that he seeks future employment in football, it won't be for a while and we can all breath a collective sigh of relief for that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

EFL verdict in full on 18:36 - Oct 20 with 7718 views442Dale

Worth noting the update from the club during Covid:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/april/dbupdate_1704/
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 18:37]

EFL verdict in full on 18:48 - Oct 20 with 7656 viewsfinberty

EFL verdict in full on 18:18 - Oct 20 by D_Alien

So it transpires that Bottomley was a member of an EFL Working Party (section 148). My concerns that he was inveigling himself into the EFL might be seen in this light. Further, it would appear that he's managed to pull the wool over the eyes of the EFL ("he forgot") with regard to his failure to submit the relevant documentation on the OADT (147 & elsewhere) and that they've accepted a submission regarding his "good character" at face value whilst denigrating the fans of Dale, without whom the club might no longer exist. And this, despite Bottomley's previous history of manipulation at a high level of a company, which is in the public domain. "Good character" my arse!!

EFL - not fit for purpose

Agree with what's been said with regard to existing person(s) attached to the club. A great deal to chew over here, it'll take some time
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 18:20]

Struggling to spell, too. They didn't get past the sub-headings on the first page. Always illuminating, skills like that.
Login to get fewer ads

EFL verdict in full on 18:52 - Oct 20 with 7646 viewsleedsdale

Reading sections 144-147 have made me sick
EFL verdict in full on 18:56 - Oct 20 with 7607 viewskel

I reckon I’ve a good idea who the anonymous character reference provider is.

As for Pockney, I think this makes his position untenable and nothing but his resignation will do.
EFL verdict in full on 18:58 - Oct 20 with 7592 viewsJames1980

If 'so called fan' = fan who doesn't want they support being sold to a faceless payroll company. I'm proud to be a 'so called fan'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

EFL verdict in full on 19:11 - Oct 20 with 7518 viewsisitme

EFL verdict in full on 18:56 - Oct 20 by kel

As for Pockney, I think this makes his position untenable and nothing but his resignation will do.

If you give me a big pay rise for example I'd put in a good word for you.
EFL verdict in full on 19:17 - Oct 20 with 7473 viewskel

EFL verdict in full on 19:11 - Oct 20 by isitme

If you give me a big pay rise for example I'd put in a good word for you.

“Something percent (can’t remember the exact figure”) is a small number of a small number”

Apparently.
EFL verdict in full on 19:18 - Oct 20 with 7467 viewsBrierls

EFL verdict in full on 18:06 - Oct 20 by isitme

I wonder who the anonymous character witness for DB was?

The document is an interesting read.

I don’t know who it could be, sorry.
EFL verdict in full on 19:19 - Oct 20 with 7458 viewsTomRAFC

There's a lot to unpack.

I'm sure we all hoped that Morton House/DB would be seen in a worse light than they have been. The EFL report obviously won't judge people based on anything other than their conduct relating to this case. Other factual information in the public domain, no matter how damning, won't have been taken into account when assessing someone's character.

A lot of anger was directed at DB by the fanbase, primarily because people were justifiably angry. Point 141 viii - DB intends "to seek employment in football in the future".

Tony Pockney must resign at the first possible opportunity. If he doesn't, an EGM to remove him should happen at the first possible opportunity. If he has a heart, brain, or courage, he won't put us through that again.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

EFL verdict in full on 19:22 - Oct 20 with 7433 viewsjudd

EFL verdict in full on 19:17 - Oct 20 by kel

“Something percent (can’t remember the exact figure”) is a small number of a small number”

Apparently.

10%.

He also refused as acting chairman to suspend Bottomley as Chief exec at the AGM/EGM. Potentially costly procrastination.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 8:21]

Poll: What is it to be then?

EFL verdict in full on 19:24 - Oct 20 with 7425 viewsmightydale

EFL verdict in full on 18:56 - Oct 20 by kel

Fcuk me is he still employed by the club ?

He should never show his face again,at our club
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 19:27]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

EFL verdict in full on 19:27 - Oct 20 with 7390 viewsBrierls

Reading the report in full, it’s fairly obvious the EFL investigation only covered actions around the OADT (as is their remit).

Other ‘activities’ of a former employee may come out once legal proceedings have run their course.

One current member of the board will be sitting uncomfortably this evening.
EFL verdict in full on 19:30 - Oct 20 with 7363 viewsMarjorie_Plane

I've been to Aldi with Freda and got ourselves some shortbread to have with our cuppa.

I'm going to have a good read of this report and take it all in. What we all have to remember is that this is ONLY an investigation into breaching EFL rules. It isn't the big picture. Lots more has gone on that we don't know about as yet. The court case against Bottomley is coming up.

David Bottomley is very good at what he does. He plays the victim part well as he has done in the past and will no doubt continue to do so. He was inches away from selling the club to MH. If it wasn't for 'so called fans', I wouldn't be writing this now. The Dale would be in the National League.

The report is not impartial and shows bias. It is not good reading for any of the board from February to June 21, when DB was CEO.

We did it.. we kept them out.

All credit to the 'so called fans'
EFL verdict in full on 19:33 - Oct 20 with 7349 viewsjudd

EFL verdict in full on 19:30 - Oct 20 by Marjorie_Plane

I've been to Aldi with Freda and got ourselves some shortbread to have with our cuppa.

I'm going to have a good read of this report and take it all in. What we all have to remember is that this is ONLY an investigation into breaching EFL rules. It isn't the big picture. Lots more has gone on that we don't know about as yet. The court case against Bottomley is coming up.

David Bottomley is very good at what he does. He plays the victim part well as he has done in the past and will no doubt continue to do so. He was inches away from selling the club to MH. If it wasn't for 'so called fans', I wouldn't be writing this now. The Dale would be in the National League.

The report is not impartial and shows bias. It is not good reading for any of the board from February to June 21, when DB was CEO.

We did it.. we kept them out.

All credit to the 'so called fans'

Assuming the former director and employee is him of course

EFL verdict in full on 19:51 - Oct 20 with 7242 viewsNorthernDale

EFL verdict in full on 18:58 - Oct 20 by James1980

If 'so called fan' = fan who doesn't want they support being sold to a faceless payroll company. I'm proud to be a 'so called fan'

The fact the EFL as used the term 'so called fans' is a slur on not just Dale fans, but all football fans who supported us and are or have fought the actions of shysters in seeking to take over clubs. The EFL should issue a public apology via the trust for using such a slur or is the comment a true reflection of the EFL contempt for ordinary and passionate football fans.
EFL verdict in full on 19:54 - Oct 20 with 7221 viewsD_Alien

In taking account of a "good character" reference, the EFL have gone beyond the actions of the events detailed in the report

His character is an amalgam of accumulative actions over a much longer period of time

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EFL verdict in full on 21:14 - Oct 20 with 6879 viewsJames1980

EFL verdict in full on 18:52 - Oct 20 by leedsdale

Reading sections 144-147 have made me sick

The EFL seriously believe DB had the best of intentions. What's that phrase about the road to hell?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

EFL verdict in full on 21:37 - Oct 20 with 6767 viewsjudd

EFL verdict in full on 21:14 - Oct 20 by James1980

The EFL seriously believe DB had the best of intentions. What's that phrase about the road to hell?

It travels through Saddleworth?

The EFL report is into breaches of regulation, to which all parties charged eventually pleaded guilty.

Our mitigation led to us not having a ban from.football becaue retrospectively we had served one watching BBMs teams.

EFL verdict in full on 22:14 - Oct 20 with 6624 viewsfermin

The document says the board was dealing with Morton House long before the EGM. I remember being contacted as a shareholder about Halsall but not Morton House. I know that we are now aware of Curran etc being at the infamous Swindon game, but was he known about as a potential investor at that time or was it just realised retrospectively? I am losing track of the sequence of events! I thought the involvement of MH only came to light out of the blue when it was found out that they had been approaching shareholders after the EGM.

It is a pity the EFL do not make more of the fact that Morton House's financial information was not up to scratch, but I suppose as remarked above their remit was just around the breach of regulations. I would have like to see some mention of the efforts of fans and new board members after the EGM to safeguard the club put forward as a mitigating factor at least, even if it would not have affected the penalty imposed (which seems fair).

Also, they do seem to place too much credence on the character reference of one individual and do not consider why DB was subject to so much vitriol from a much larger group of people for his actions to sell the club out. I don't condone death threats but to call these people and by extension the rest of us 'so-called fans' is a bit of kick in the teeth, when it was shareholders and fans who exposed and dealt with this mess as soon as they became aware of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024