Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A type of cancel culture? 18:17 - Nov 22 with 4388 viewsGwyn737

It seems that some think that you can’t express an opinion or concern about Qatar unless you’ve also come our against every other dodgy regime in the history of time.

There’s accusations of hypocrisy and virtue signalling.

Does this stimulate or shut down debate?

See also the type of response if you have environmental concerns - “you drive a car so your opinions don’t count” and concerns around refugees “if you don’t house one you’re a hypocrite”.

Surely we can be more nuanced?
A type of cancel culture? on 13:57 - Nov 23 with 820 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A type of cancel culture? on 23:37 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

I have.
Because some people can’t debate without throwing personal insults about.
I’ve spent a part of this evening removing posts, managing abuse reports and responding to at least four people who should be banned. They know who they are.

We move on.

However, If there’s an issue with certain then threads start a new one, and then manage it as if it’s your own personal debate and take responsibility. I say this because there’s very few on here who ever think before they post. And it confirms to me, like it does on other sites that the poster couldn’t care about regards the damage they do because of their selfish attitude.

Any takers ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

I think the posters should be excluded from the debate mate rather than shut down the conversation, as the Penny is beginning to drop with some people that it’s not all as our press have led to believe. Is there a way you can do that, van people from threads rather than blanket banning them?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

A type of cancel culture? on 15:52 - Nov 23 with 775 viewsCountyJim

Mind you it does make me laugh when right leaning posters can't argue something without saying stuff like the woke generation or other terms that's their go to argument
A type of cancel culture? on 17:36 - Nov 23 with 744 viewsCatullus

A type of cancel culture? on 15:52 - Nov 23 by CountyJim

Mind you it does make me laugh when right leaning posters can't argue something without saying stuff like the woke generation or other terms that's their go to argument

I don't think right or left have much of a winning argument, Jim.

I'm sorry, Keith, I try hard not to think because it always gets me into trouble. Ask the wife! There are posters on here who constantly look to antagonise, who poke and prod looking to cause the argument.

Any of us could bite on any given day because we may just have had a bad day.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A type of cancel culture? on 18:15 - Nov 23 with 722 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

A type of cancel culture? on 15:52 - Nov 23 by CountyJim

The problem is right and left are interchangeable these days. Harry Kane and Gareth bale are labelled left wing wokeists for going to Qatar calling out an Islamic community for their “backward” ideas and being deeply homophobic and treating women as possessions and second class citizens but if they went to certain areas of London, Luton or Bradford and did the same thing they’d be labelled far right Nazis.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

A type of cancel culture? on 18:50 - Nov 23 with 711 viewsCatullus

A type of cancel culture? on 18:15 - Nov 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The problem is right and left are interchangeable these days. Harry Kane and Gareth bale are labelled left wing wokeists for going to Qatar calling out an Islamic community for their “backward” ideas and being deeply homophobic and treating women as possessions and second class citizens but if they went to certain areas of London, Luton or Bradford and did the same thing they’d be labelled far right Nazis.

I think a fair example of that is the names I've been called on here. I have been called a daft lefty AND a right wing scumbag across the years. My views and opinions have hardly changed though and I cannot be both.

In fact I am neither. I am caught somewhere in the middle. I am the fag paper that seperates left from right!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A type of cancel culture? on 19:35 - Nov 23 with 682 viewsSirjohnalot

A type of cancel culture? on 13:57 - Nov 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I think the posters should be excluded from the debate mate rather than shut down the conversation, as the Penny is beginning to drop with some people that it’s not all as our press have led to believe. Is there a way you can do that, van people from threads rather than blanket banning them?

No, can only ban the user
A type of cancel culture? on 14:38 - Nov 24 with 606 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

A type of cancel culture? on 18:15 - Nov 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Yes, that's the way it goes these days.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

A type of cancel culture? on 18:17 - Nov 24 with 552 viewsJack123

A type of cancel culture? on 22:10 - Nov 22 by mart66

For anyone in any doubt what sort of culture this phoney virtue, narcissistic behaviour breeds… well here it is in all its phoney glory:

Makes me shudder.

I love the commentary.

' That phoney thank you, just listen to that. That's the delivery and tone of someone who mimics what she thinks actual decent human beings sound like, what is this, some sort of performance activism..

Yeah, go ahead, get in your car, drive away, start writing about your inspirational caption, and continue doing nothing you fu**ing ZERO.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024