Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowling sacks manager . 15:40 - Dec 13 with 2234 viewsbwildered

Flint out, Taylor in .
Mitchell Cowling, General Manager at Maldon and Tiptree said of the appointment: “I am delighted to welcome Peter Taylor to Maldon and Tiptree FC. His wealth and knowledge is second to none and I am excited for everyone involved with the club to start working with him.”

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Cowling sacks manager . on 15:52 - Dec 13 with 2209 viewsRSCOSWORTH

It's the Peter Taylor! Notice that Mitchell Cowling got rid of Flint within his first two weeks of taking over as General Manager. Nothing like easing yourself in!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Cowling sacks manager . on 18:45 - Dec 13 with 2162 viewsbwildered

Probably got more experience than all of the backroom staff !

Cowling sacks manager . on 21:05 - Dec 13 with 2146 viewsLeadbelly

I assume Flint has been re-employed immediately in a back room role at M & T.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Cowling sacks manager . on 23:11 - Dec 13 with 2131 viewsgerry_us

Cowling related to our Cowling?
If so why didn't we get to Taylor first?
Cowling sacks manager . on 23:28 - Dec 13 with 2081 viewsmfb_cufc

Cowling sacks manager . on 23:11 - Dec 13 by gerry_us

Cowling related to our Cowling?
If so why didn't we get to Taylor first?

Mitchell Cowling is Robbies son.

mfb

Cowling sacks manager . on 07:19 - Dec 14 with 2117 viewsnoah4x4

Before we covet THE Peter Taylor, do consider his poor record.

He might have caretaker managed England for one game, and (briefly) Crystal Palace in the Premier Division, but otherwise had three unsuccessful spells at Gillingham and has repeatedly failed elsewhere, even in non-league. If he was any good, surely struggling Gillingham would have welcomed him back in some capacity? Like so many, perhaps he was a decent assistant in a track suit, but never once delivered when in the main job.

Needs to prove himself at M & T, but at age 69 is he what is needed at the Jobserve Stadium, or like our Ipswich has-beens, is he just seeking one last pay-cheque? It is perhaps predictable that when Bloomfield (inevitably) gets sacked, Cowling Senior will look in his direction. But we might as well reappoint Humes!

Frankly, I think Bloomfield offers our best escape route, but it needs Humes & Ball to be gagged and Bloomfield given freedom in the transfer window to discard the dead wood they accumulated and bring some dressing room sparkle and enthusiasm back. Dropping Sears and Nouble was a bold statement at Sutton. Brilliant against Doncaster, we were genuinely unlucky at Crewe, Mansfield and Sutton. Frankly, I don't see anybody digging us out of this mire beyond keeping us up on goal difference. Our squad is so bloated, anybody will need two transfer windows to find remedies. We need continuity and Bloomfield needs time, even if we do go down due to Humes & Ball past failings. But is Harry Potter available?
Cowling sacks manager . on 15:36 - Dec 14 with 2051 viewsburnsieespana

Cowling sacks manager . on 07:19 - Dec 14 by noah4x4

Before we covet THE Peter Taylor, do consider his poor record.

He might have caretaker managed England for one game, and (briefly) Crystal Palace in the Premier Division, but otherwise had three unsuccessful spells at Gillingham and has repeatedly failed elsewhere, even in non-league. If he was any good, surely struggling Gillingham would have welcomed him back in some capacity? Like so many, perhaps he was a decent assistant in a track suit, but never once delivered when in the main job.

Needs to prove himself at M & T, but at age 69 is he what is needed at the Jobserve Stadium, or like our Ipswich has-beens, is he just seeking one last pay-cheque? It is perhaps predictable that when Bloomfield (inevitably) gets sacked, Cowling Senior will look in his direction. But we might as well reappoint Humes!

Frankly, I think Bloomfield offers our best escape route, but it needs Humes & Ball to be gagged and Bloomfield given freedom in the transfer window to discard the dead wood they accumulated and bring some dressing room sparkle and enthusiasm back. Dropping Sears and Nouble was a bold statement at Sutton. Brilliant against Doncaster, we were genuinely unlucky at Crewe, Mansfield and Sutton. Frankly, I don't see anybody digging us out of this mire beyond keeping us up on goal difference. Our squad is so bloated, anybody will need two transfer windows to find remedies. We need continuity and Bloomfield needs time, even if we do go down due to Humes & Ball past failings. But is Harry Potter available?

Good summary of Peter Taylor who also, I think had a couple of unsuccessful stays at Southend.
My view Humes and Ball should go based on the poor lazy recruitment over last few seasons resulting in a massive squad worth nothing.
Most are out of contract come season end so regardless of whether we go up or down a massive rebuild will need to happen.
Can Bloomfield keep us up? Personally I have my doubts due to his lack of experience compounded the assistant coach being just as lacking.
No doubt last few games have shown us in a better light but don't like the grumbling about a handful of decisions which went against us as stats don't lie and never have.
Why Bloomfield has not been able to fathom out how to get the best from Sears shows to me his lack of experience. Played right the guy is a proven goal scorer.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 15:37]
Cowling sacks manager . on 13:35 - Aug 21 with 1624 viewsburnsieespana

Taylor has departed Maldon!
Login to get fewer ads

Cowling sacks manager . on 15:45 - Aug 21 with 1587 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Quite a car crash going on over there.
Cowling sacks manager . on 16:16 - Aug 21 with 1587 viewsbwildered

Never been the same since Wayne Brown got the calling and a certain promotion before COVID intervened. Perhaps a return is required with some CUFC prospects.

Cowling sacks manager . on 16:47 - Aug 21 with 1574 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I would suggest better for all if Colchester United and Maldon & Tiptree became 'unconnected' with immediate effect.

It's one bit of clutter too many.

And l wouldn't stop there.
Cowling sacks manager . on 16:38 - Sep 3 with 1346 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Another sacking due?

M&T smashed today.
Cowling sacks manager . on 18:00 - Sep 3 with 1328 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Biggleswade 8 Maldon & Tiptree 0!
Cowling sacks manager . on 15:00 - Sep 23 with 1160 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Squad members who joined the club just a matter of weeks ago have left ( or are about to leave ).

The club appears to be at something of a crossroads.
Cowling sacks manager . on 13:53 - Sep 28 with 1051 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Some very interesting developments.

Check the website and go from there.

Groundshare????

😳😳
Cowling sacks manager . on 10:09 - Sep 29 with 1013 viewsbwildered

Seems some unrest behind the scenes.
However it is not uncommon ifor several players to leave clubs when the manager is changed, has a seven day approach is all that is needed ( unless the player is under contract ) in non league circles.
Would be an interesting result to watch out for Saturday, when the Jammers have a local derby at unbeaten Brightlingsea Regent.

Cowling sacks manager . on 13:37 - Sep 29 with 992 viewsthrillseeker

Cowling sacks manager . on 13:53 - Sep 28 by SparkfilmsTV

Some very interesting developments.

Check the website and go from there.

Groundshare????

😳😳

Does this relate to the development you mention?

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/23822745.mitchell-cowling-admits-182-000-fra
Cowling sacks manager . on 17:12 - Sep 29 with 963 viewsSparkfilmsTV

No
Cowling sacks manager . on 10:40 - Oct 8 with 855 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Jamie Cureton has joined Maldon & Tiptree coaching staff .....next Manager?
Cowling sacks manager . on 20:34 - Oct 8 with 817 viewsburnsieespana

He should be immediately loaned to Colchester United and then we might make the chances count!
Cowling sacks manager . on 22:20 - Oct 8 with 804 viewsdurham_exile

Cowling sacks manager . on 20:34 - Oct 8 by burnsieespana

He should be immediately loaned to Colchester United and then we might make the chances count!

burnsie even at 48 I'm sure he would tuck the chances away.

The most depressing thing about our club at present is the total inconsistency.

We have years of decline and it is difficult to see an end to it.

Even when Lawrence, Kells, Edwards and Iandolo are back the damage will have been done with the damaging defeats that we are incurring.

Even if BG goes who will replace him and can we really turns things around.

A shocking state of affairs.

FGR is now the ultimate six pointer.

Grim times indeed.

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024