Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City 12:20 - Feb 3 with 3815 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59508/everything-russell

Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:05 - Feb 3 with 876 viewsmax936

who has reported this post as abuse, hope it wasn't my fat fingers

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:10 - Feb 3 with 864 viewsmax936

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 13:30 - Feb 3 by KeithHaynes

The truth is pertaining to the interview, this has nothing to do with personal views on his ability or otherwise. That’s been beaten to death on here. As for abysmal performances, that’s as incorrect as someone saying he is the best.

Perspective.

I wouldn't bother trying to explain to this poster, Keith.

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:13 - Feb 3 with 851 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 19:29 - Feb 3 by Sirjohnalot

Not so arrogance is the right word. It could also be described as ‘steadfast’ ‘believing in his tactics. The way he seems to try to deal with difficult players appears to be the opposite of arrogant, Jose Mourinho could be described as arrogant, Martin, whatever his supposed shortcomings isn’t that. Seems a very very decent man

Arrogance is exactly the right word.
Too arrogant to think that his tactics may be wrong with the players at his disposal when the rest of league know he is and prove him wrong on a regular basis, except when we play to our strengths instead of his dogma.
Too arrogant to realise that he is not a good enough coach to train players who are not capable of his tactics.
Too arrogant to understand continually putting square pegs in round holes can destroy a player's and the team's self confidence.
Too arrogant to use all the players at his disposal to the best of their abilities.
Too arrogant to realise that some players may have been exposed to far better coaching than he is able to provide.
Too arrogant in his own ability to pick new players with the level of expertise required for his tactics and continue to play them when it is obvious to just about everybody else that they are not good enough.
Too arrogant to incorporate all the players provided by the club at great expense in to his squad and either ignoring them or sending them elsewhere to play.
The arrogance to keep choosing the same favourite players when it is obvious that they cannot be played together due to their styles.

Of course it may not be arrogance, it could be sheer stupity or even insanity, as the saying goes the definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over again expecting to get a different result.

Which just about sums up you guys supporting a manager who continually does all those things because you think you are supporting the club, when in fact you are doing exactly the opposite. Supporting the club is not accepting second or third best without complaint because he can talk the talk as the Yanks say without being able to walk the walk.

But you guys just carry on, I am sure it makes you feel oh so much more superior fans than any that dissent.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:18 - Feb 3 with 848 viewsmax936

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 14:23 - Feb 3 by Whiterockin

How much of it was it down to the Yanks pulling the plug or how much of it being a very poor recruitment strategy. After viewing both interviews I believe it is both, but mostly the way we go about completing the business. The chain of command going all the way back to the top for everything to be agreed must stop, unless that person is here to make instant decisions as and when required. Transfer negotiations are complex, fluid and change in an instance snap decisions need to be made, even early in the window. You agree a price with a club for a player after much discussion, negotiate terms with a player, this is then tweaked, you agree fresh terms with a player, go back to agree a payment plan with the club, this again is tweaked and finally agreed. All this has to go back to the top, do this with several players at the same time because one move is linked to another and there is little wonder we end up with nobody.

WR, look back to Potter and Cooper's tenure here, they were both disappointed with their January windows, there's a clear pattern here, 3 managers have suffered, once is a coincidence, but its 3 possibly 4 times now, ones to blame are marooned across the Atlantic.

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:20 - Feb 3 with 835 viewsonehunglow

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:13 - Feb 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Too arrogant to think that his tactics may be wrong with the players at his disposal when the rest of league know he is and prove him wrong on a regular basis, except when we play to our strengths instead of his dogma.
Too arrogant to realise that he is not a good enough coach to train players who are not capable of his tactics.
Too arrogant to understand continually putting square pegs in round holes can destroy a player's and the team's self confidence.
Too arrogant to use all the players at his disposal to the best of their abilities.
Too arrogant to realise that some players may have been exposed to far better coaching than he is able to provide.
Too arrogant in his own ability to pick new players with the level of expertise required for his tactics and continue to play them when it is obvious to just about everybody else that they are not good enough.
Too arrogant to incorporate all the players provided by the club at great expense in to his squad and either ignoring them or sending them elsewhere to play.
The arrogance to keep choosing the same favourite players when it is obvious that they cannot be played together due to their styles.

Of course it may not be arrogance, it could be sheer stupity or even insanity, as the saying goes the definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over again expecting to get a different result.

Which just about sums up you guys supporting a manager who continually does all those things because you think you are supporting the club, when in fact you are doing exactly the opposite. Supporting the club is not accepting second or third best without complaint because he can talk the talk as the Yanks say without being able to walk the walk.

But you guys just carry on, I am sure it makes you feel oh so much more superior fans than any that dissent.

I say arrogant hoping it isn’t stupidity
If he is a very very good man,then it is stupidity ,which is worse.
Our owners are inept but that does not excuse Martin and his inept handling of players and tactics .
We can and should be doing better

Start tomorrow by having Fisher …
Come off his line
Take control of his defence
Organise set piece defence
Quit passing the ball three yards sideways

Martin needs to forget his dream as we haven’t the players and never will have. He has to be pragmatic .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:23 - Feb 3 with 833 viewsKeithHaynes

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:13 - Feb 3 by A_Fans_Dad

You guys 😂

The thread is about his responses this morning.

As for superiority, that’s all I read there.

If you could at least reference your response without judging others your points would be far more adept. And worthy of a discussion.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:34 - Feb 3 with 791 viewsSirjohnalot

How can I be superior when I live up near Manchester, only go to games which are relatively local to me and am going to watch the rugby with parents tomorrow instead of watching the swans ? I’m clearly far less informed that probably everyone on here, but I’m just giving my take. Probably hopelessly wrong, but it’s just my take .
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 21:13 - Feb 3 with 755 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 20:23 - Feb 3 by KeithHaynes

You guys 😂

The thread is about his responses this morning.

As for superiority, that’s all I read there.

If you could at least reference your response without judging others your points would be far more adept. And worthy of a discussion.

No, they wouldn't, it doesn't make the slightest difference.
If you don't get the so called use of "real fans" as being superior to the rest of the fans who post on here you are blind.
Only their version is the acceptable version.
Which is why it is hardly worth posting on here at all.
I admire Dr. P & OHL and few others for their perserverence, I can't be bothered.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 22:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 21:21 - Feb 3 with 735 viewsonehunglow

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 21:13 - Feb 3 by A_Fans_Dad

No, they wouldn't, it doesn't make the slightest difference.
If you don't get the so called use of "real fans" as being superior to the rest of the fans who post on here you are blind.
Only their version is the acceptable version.
Which is why it is hardly worth posting on here at all.
I admire Dr. P & OHL and few others for their perserverence, I can't be bothered.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2023 22:33]

There is a clear group who see themselves as better fans. They boast about how many games they go to which is great for them.
Frankly, ,I have other things to do rather than make a 8 hour round trip to witness utter tedium played out in an often commotose stadium.
If yiu have a young and growing family then they should take priority rather than tripping away with the “. Boys”

I can outfan anyone on here. 65 years. Broken Saturdays,domestics , missed holidays , funerals weddings and christenings all eschewed to watch thecSwans at the likes of The Shay.

Fans should always dream.

These jerks have killed them for all.

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 21:26 - Feb 3 with 734 viewsReslovenSwan1

These words have been quoted in Scottish press.

“He’s come back and not been frustrated with me, I didn’t make the decision to call him back. Again, it’s not in my control. He’ll be in the squad tomorrow. I’ve had Rangers fans message me on Linkedin saying let him go. I apologised to them saying sorry I was crap at your club but it’s not my decision.”

The are suggesting i think Martin was apologising to them about not releasing Whitaker. This is a misconception. He was apologising for his poor form in his stay in Glasgow.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 21:31 - Feb 3 with 709 viewsswan_si

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 21:26 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

“He’s come back and not been frustrated with me, I didn’t make the decision to call him back. Again, it’s not in my control. He’ll be in the squad tomorrow. I’ve had Rangers fans message me on Linkedin saying let him go. I apologised to them saying sorry I was crap at your club but it’s not my decision.”

The are suggesting i think Martin was apologising to them about not releasing Whitaker. This is a misconception. He was apologising for his poor form in his stay in Glasgow.

It's amazing how many people hear without listening.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 21:42 - Feb 3 with 686 viewsmagicdaps10

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 21:26 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Made a point of saying that he and Whittaker get on and are great with each other....also made a point that things with Pat haven't changed and he has not trained for a while.

Seems like he wanted to put a few rumours to bed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 22:31 - Feb 3 with 653 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 19:46 - Feb 3 by KeithHaynes

He is an open and honest person with the heart of the club in his. His emotions when talking are incredible.

Salary and the usual football nonsense to one side I’ve never wished such goodwill on a manager. His desire to do this right and to do it properly is commendable. And we won’t be anywhere near the relegation zone, and I have three weeks to see us in the top 6.

He is an open and honest person with the heart of the club in his. His emotions when talking are incredible.

Therein lies the difference between us.
I want
A competent manager
A manager that can get the best from his players and capitalise on their skill sets.
A manager who sets the the team up for its best performance.
Who sets it up to counter the advantages of the opposition.
Who can read the game and make changes quickly as required.
Who develops players and not discards them because they don't fit his vision.
Who knows how to and wants to use pace and wingers.

What I don't want is a nice bloke with a vision that doesn't reflect reality thank you very much.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 22:37 - Feb 3 with 638 viewsswan_si

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 22:31 - Feb 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Therein lies the difference between us.
I want
A competent manager
A manager that can get the best from his players and capitalise on their skill sets.
A manager who sets the the team up for its best performance.
Who sets it up to counter the advantages of the opposition.
Who can read the game and make changes quickly as required.
Who develops players and not discards them because they don't fit his vision.
Who knows how to and wants to use pace and wingers.

What I don't want is a nice bloke with a vision that doesn't reflect reality thank you very much.

you want
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 01:14 - Feb 4 with 575 viewsDr_Parnassus

As I said a while back, Pato now back in the fold after not training (I had some pushback on that from certain individuals) and back in contention for selection. He’s been training mostly every day on his conditioning and strength work, he now needs to get back in the fold with ball work and he’s raring to go from what I have been told. He’s a vital player for us and we can’t afford to have him doing nothing, whatever differences are there (publicly admitted or not).

Also as mentioned a few times now, this month is massive for us. Martin talks about accountability and desiring it - well there needs to be no deflecting of blame to owners or players now, Martin and the management team need to take culpability of their results and where we go from here. Martin believes they “should” be in the top 6 right now and says that the aim is to get there, and I agree, the team is good enough for certain.

Happy to give him this month to show that he is capable of meeting his own (and our) aims, free from criticism or scrutiny. It’s down to Russ.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 01:30 - Feb 4 with 582 viewsdobjack2

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 18:19 - Feb 3 by KeithHaynes

You would have thought grown adults with multi million businesses would come up with a way round that.

That excuse further fuels my belief they never intended to do anything.

I agree. I was posing the question whether the majority owner of the club could be bothered to get out of his bed to fit in with the times that business needs to be conducted this side of the pond.

In my mind it seems clear that people this side of the pond had put a lot of work in; in my opinion it appears those the other side of the pond weren't really bothered.

I do not believe a single word that comes from the other side of the pond.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 04:37 - Feb 4 with 566 viewsFireboy2

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 01:30 - Feb 4 by dobjack2

I agree. I was posing the question whether the majority owner of the club could be bothered to get out of his bed to fit in with the times that business needs to be conducted this side of the pond.

In my mind it seems clear that people this side of the pond had put a lot of work in; in my opinion it appears those the other side of the pond weren't really bothered.

I do not believe a single word that comes from the other side of the pond.

This ^ and its only going to get worse whilst they are in charge.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 10:13 - Feb 4 with 488 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 22:37 - Feb 3 by swan_si

you want

As a fan isn't that what you also "want"?
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 10:20 - Feb 4 with 479 viewsSTID2017

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 04:37 - Feb 4 by Fireboy2

This ^ and its only going to get worse whilst they are in charge.

Just read the interview on WOL and it makes painful reading.
Clearly the staff in Swansea, in spite of their hard work to improve the squad, have been hung out to dry by those across the pond.
It wont improve until there is a change of owners.
YANKS OUT !!!

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 10:39 - Feb 4 with 469 viewscadleigh

Having had some time to reflect on this, I am now 100% convinced that this was a premeditated, planned assault on Levien by Martin. You don't go into a press conference and unload on the only board member with significant control without sleeping on it. He may give the impression of being someone who wears his emotions on his sleeve - he may well be someone who finds it difficult to control his emotions in stressful situations - but that doesn't mean he doesn't plan his media comments in advance. He'd be a fool not to, and his comms team wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't do a run-through of likely questions with him beforehand.

A regular poster on social media, who is probably the chief priest in the Temple of Russ and who frequently talks up their sources in the club, was fingering Levien and absolving Winter of blame shortly before the press conference started. Now maybe that's a coincidence. Maybe that's what all the staff at the club are saying.

According to the Russ Orthodox Church, Silverstein will back Martin over Levien, because he and Kaplan are righteously angry over Levien's catastrophic interference in the transfer dealings, so Martin's job is safe.

High stakes stuff. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the next board meeting!

Talking of which, anyone know who the chair of the board is these days? Neither Companies House nor the Official Site lists one.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 10:40]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 10:46 - Feb 4 with 462 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 10:20 - Feb 4 by STID2017

Just read the interview on WOL and it makes painful reading.
Clearly the staff in Swansea, in spite of their hard work to improve the squad, have been hung out to dry by those across the pond.
It wont improve until there is a change of owners.
YANKS OUT !!!

Ever considered that based on Martin's performance with the players that they have invested in over the last 18 months that they consider it a waste of their money to provide him with any more?
Perhaps they do not have confidence in his abilities that with even more players he will be able to get us in to the play offs.

Martin is a talker allright, but a poor mans Brendan Rogers.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 10:47 - Feb 4 with 462 viewscadleigh

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 19:11 - Feb 3 by magicdaps10

Never for one bit thought he has ever been arrogant, people sometimes use the arrogance tag towards someone they don't like or have an agenda with.

I thought he was superb in that presser and the backroom showed the unity and took a massive stance against the Americans........that will certainly bode well with an angry group of fans, fans angry with the owners and their clear lack of intent and obvious lies.

Most support will certainly be in the Martin camp rather than the owners one after those two press conferences.

It wasn't "the Americans" though, was it? He specifically singled out Silverstein and Kaplan (who isn't actually on the board any more) for praise. It wasn't Wales v the USA, it was Martin (and his bannermen Winter and Marsh) v Levien.

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 10:56 - Feb 4 with 448 viewsswan_si

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 10:13 - Feb 4 by A_Fans_Dad

As a fan isn't that what you also "want"?

I'd say its what I would like to see, but to demand " I want ", its what kids say when they stamp their feet.
Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 11:00 - Feb 4 with 436 viewsonehunglow

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 10:47 - Feb 4 by cadleigh

It wasn't "the Americans" though, was it? He specifically singled out Silverstein and Kaplan (who isn't actually on the board any more) for praise. It wasn't Wales v the USA, it was Martin (and his bannermen Winter and Marsh) v Levien.

Not everybody seemingly in awe of Riss and his process
I see the “ truth” pointed out to us and then ask myself whyI don’t believe it .
None of us know
Those with “ contacts” at the club are surely only relaying heresay and what really is the truth nobody outside the inner sanctum knows.
Frankly,I wouldn’t trust Martin with yesterdays newspapers . I can’t really explain exactly what it is @bout him that grates on me and worries my very soul. Maybe it’s his dumping and freezing out players ,often young ones, then claiming they are wonderful people,as he described Paterson when he was trying to get away . Pats is that wonderful ,nobody will take us off our hands,not unlike Matt Grimes,undroppable as he is.

If Levein refused to sell Whittaker for 2 m however,then that is incredible ,almost as much as not actually selling Obefemi up front and pocketing the cash .

If Levein interfered with us getting a goalkeeper then that too is unforgivable as the one Fisher brought to us is not fit for purpose.

So,the truth…is that both owner and coach are trailer trash really and show ineptness on an epic level . We are unravelling fast and ideally need owner and coach replaced and we reset .Then we fans can unite again .

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 11:16 - Feb 4 with 420 viewscadleigh

Everything Russell Martin said this morning regards Swansea City on 11:00 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

Not everybody seemingly in awe of Riss and his process
I see the “ truth” pointed out to us and then ask myself whyI don’t believe it .
None of us know
Those with “ contacts” at the club are surely only relaying heresay and what really is the truth nobody outside the inner sanctum knows.
Frankly,I wouldn’t trust Martin with yesterdays newspapers . I can’t really explain exactly what it is @bout him that grates on me and worries my very soul. Maybe it’s his dumping and freezing out players ,often young ones, then claiming they are wonderful people,as he described Paterson when he was trying to get away . Pats is that wonderful ,nobody will take us off our hands,not unlike Matt Grimes,undroppable as he is.

If Levein refused to sell Whittaker for 2 m however,then that is incredible ,almost as much as not actually selling Obefemi up front and pocketing the cash .

If Levein interfered with us getting a goalkeeper then that too is unforgivable as the one Fisher brought to us is not fit for purpose.

So,the truth…is that both owner and coach are trailer trash really and show ineptness on an epic level . We are unravelling fast and ideally need owner and coach replaced and we reset .Then we fans can unite again .

It's natural - laudable, even - for people to see this in terms of 'goodies' and 'baddies', but the reality is, we supporters are like the little rodents that apparently scurried round the feet of the dinosaurs, trying not to get squashed when they fought. The owners, manager, CEO et al don't really care about what we think or feel; as long as we pay our money and don't give them a hard time we are irrelevant. What they care about is their careers, making as much money as possible, getting fame and fortune, the usual stuff. It may well be that Martin is more of a cuddly, vegan Brontosaurus than a T-Rex, and that his interests align with ours more often than the majority shareholders' do. He'll still squish us if we get in the way.

The only truly 'good' players in this game are the Trust reps, because they should be aligned with the interests of supporters and the community. If we aren't happy with what they deliver we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Sorry if that sounds cynical. Doesn't mean Martin wasn't speaking the truth about Levien. I'm not questioning the content but the motive behind it. Always ask: cui bono?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 11:17]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024