Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swapsies! Oh the irony … 16:41 - Feb 12 with 1514 viewssuzie

Marsch to Saints
Ralph to Leeds

According to Sky this is a potential reality!

Poll: Would you welcome Koeman back to the club?

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 17:07 - Feb 12 with 1425 viewsdirk_doone

It would be interesting to see what Ralph could do at a more ambitious club with greater resources at his disposal. He was certainly very successful at RB Leipzig and he has a very positive impact when he arrives at any club. He just stayed here too long.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 17:09]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 17:24 - Feb 12 with 1360 viewspjt50

Every time I watch Leeds - including today - I end up thinking there's not too much wrong with them.

They've got players who can run for 90 mins so I reckon they'd be a good match for Ralph.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 18:06 - Feb 12 with 1205 viewssaint22

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 17:24 - Feb 12 by pjt50

Every time I watch Leeds - including today - I end up thinking there's not too much wrong with them.

They've got players who can run for 90 mins so I reckon they'd be a good match for Ralph.

i pretty much agree with that which makes you wonder what Jesse did wrong?
And why we dont need him!
Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 18:29 - Feb 12 with 1148 viewsdirk_doone

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 18:06 - Feb 12 by saint22

i pretty much agree with that which makes you wonder what Jesse did wrong?
And why we dont need him!

You could say the same about his time at RB Lepzig, who were runners-up in the Bundesliga under Ralph. Marsch only lasted five months before they sacked him. "With Leipzig Marsch seemed to be lost, flitting between his philosophy and one that the players seemed to prefer." Sounds a bit like Nathan Jones here. Out of his depth and failed to convince top players, who looked confused on the pitch and at times ignored his orders and reverted to their previous style. Like Jones, he has imposter syndrome at this level and the players quickly sense that.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 18:45]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 18:42 - Feb 12 with 1088 viewsRon11

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 18:29 - Feb 12 by dirk_doone

You could say the same about his time at RB Lepzig, who were runners-up in the Bundesliga under Ralph. Marsch only lasted five months before they sacked him. "With Leipzig Marsch seemed to be lost, flitting between his philosophy and one that the players seemed to prefer." Sounds a bit like Nathan Jones here. Out of his depth and failed to convince top players, who looked confused on the pitch and at times ignored his orders and reverted to their previous style. Like Jones, he has imposter syndrome at this level and the players quickly sense that.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 18:45]

If they bring in Marsch it'll be yet another massive mistake.
We need a Prem experienced, successful manager, not another failure who was sacked with less than a year in his last job. Someone with whom players will have a bit of respect for and will play for.
Someone like Pochettino
Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 18:46 - Feb 12 with 1064 views1885_SFC

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 18:42 - Feb 12 by Ron11

We need a Prem experienced, successful manager, not another failure who was sacked with less than a year in his last job. Someone with whom players will have a bit of respect for and will play for.
Someone like Pochettino

It's gonna be hard replacing one of Europe's best, fittest & pound for pound elite managers in Nathan Jones. Hope SR can find another lower league gem from somrwhere.

Old School is Cool

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 18:46 - Feb 12 with 1062 viewsPatfromPoole

Someone like Pochettino

Pochettino would never come back to us.

I would really like Bielsa though.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 19:11 - Feb 12 with 995 viewsSouthamptonfan

Someone like Pochettino

But that's the point. Our owners are stupid. We won't go for a Poch. We do things on the cheap. Poch wouldn't come here, being told he has to develop young players for a profit. Blame the owners. They are ultimately taking us down. We would have been better off keeping Ralph. Things have got 10 times worse and that's because the owners are unambitious cheapskates, telling the manager he has to work with his hands tied behind his back.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:15]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 19:26 - Feb 12 with 944 viewsDorsetIan

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 19:11 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

But that's the point. Our owners are stupid. We won't go for a Poch. We do things on the cheap. Poch wouldn't come here, being told he has to develop young players for a profit. Blame the owners. They are ultimately taking us down. We would have been better off keeping Ralph. Things have got 10 times worse and that's because the owners are unambitious cheapskates, telling the manager he has to work with his hands tied behind his back.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:15]

I think the new manager‘s only brief will be to keep us up this season.

Developing young players is going to have to wait.

Going down is not going to maximise any value at all.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 19:38 - Feb 12 with 914 viewsSouthamptonfan

Swapsies! Oh the irony … on 19:26 - Feb 12 by DorsetIan

I think the new manager‘s only brief will be to keep us up this season.

Developing young players is going to have to wait.

Going down is not going to maximise any value at all.

Exactly. That's where the current owners are stupid. We are on the verge of relegation and that's because they believed in their ridiculous dream of turning Mara into Messi and Jones into Fergurson. All we needed was a 40 million pound striker in the summer, keep Romeu and a leader. They spent millions on their naive dreams of a load of young players they think they can "develop". There isn't the time in the PL.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024