Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager 17:58 - Feb 21 with 15293 viewsburnsieespana

Thoughts?
Lots of decent guys about
How about:
Harrop from Braintree
Cowley Bros.
Nathan Jones
Kevin Maher @ SUFC
Next Manager on 13:08 - Oct 31 with 1589 viewswessex_exile

Next Manager on 10:24 - Oct 31 by RSCOSWORTH

Thought I might as well bring this back to the top. We normally need it at least once a season it seems! So, our next manager, anyone have any preferences or ideas on who it should be?

Based on my very limited interactions with Robbie, out of sheer bloody-mindedness my money's on Matty Etherington, with a healthy dose of two fingers to the creepy crawlies. Given the turnaround in commitment over the last two games, I wouldn't have a problem with that decision either.

Otherwise, there's plenty of spare managers sloshing around right now. I still like the look of tempting John McGreal back if he was interested and Ipswich would let him go at a price we could afford.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Next Manager on 18:36 - Oct 31 with 1510 viewsburnsieespana

Might be Etherington now depending upon how the next few games go1
Next Manager on 18:39 - Oct 31 with 1509 viewsthrillseeker

Next Manager on 18:36 - Oct 31 by burnsieespana

Might be Etherington now depending upon how the next few games go1

Hope you are wrong
Next Manager on 19:12 - Oct 31 with 1499 viewswessex_exile

Next Manager on 13:08 - Oct 31 by wessex_exile

Based on my very limited interactions with Robbie, out of sheer bloody-mindedness my money's on Matty Etherington, with a healthy dose of two fingers to the creepy crawlies. Given the turnaround in commitment over the last two games, I wouldn't have a problem with that decision either.

Otherwise, there's plenty of spare managers sloshing around right now. I still like the look of tempting John McGreal back if he was interested and Ipswich would let him go at a price we could afford.

You heard it here first, Matty Etherington reinstated as interim Head Coach with immediate effect.

Up the U's

Next Manager on 21:04 - Nov 1 with 1413 viewsCrashBandicoot

If ME doesn't get the job then I think Gary Bowyer would be a good one considering what he achieved at Salford & Dundee. Though this depends on our next few results with him as interim manager.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Next Manager on 10:04 - Nov 2 with 1363 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next Manager on 21:04 - Nov 1 by CrashBandicoot

If ME doesn't get the job then I think Gary Bowyer would be a good one considering what he achieved at Salford & Dundee. Though this depends on our next few results with him as interim manager.

I think we need someone like Bowyer, although I doubt he'd want to come this far south. We do need someone with experience who's proven at this level. Now is not the time for an experiment. Bloomfield was a relative success, although we barely played well under him and most of the wins came against teams around the bottom of the table, but Keen, Ball, Mullins and Brown all struggled.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Next Manager on 16:28 - Nov 2 with 1320 viewsnoah4x4

After agreeing terms last week, Danny Cowley today turns down Bradford job for “family reasons”. Doesn’t he have roots in Essex?
Next Manager on 16:39 - Nov 2 with 1316 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next Manager on 16:28 - Nov 2 by noah4x4

After agreeing terms last week, Danny Cowley today turns down Bradford job for “family reasons”. Doesn’t he have roots in Essex?

He was still working as a PE teacher in Rayleigh whilst he was the manager of Braintree.

Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager on 17:13 - Nov 2 with 1309 viewsbwildered

Wycombe Wanderers boss Matt Bloomfield has signed a contract extension at the League One club.

The 39-year-old took over in February on an undisclosed-length deal following the departure of long-serving Gareth Ainsworth to Queens Park Rangers.

He guided the Chairboys to a ninth-placed finish last season and has them in 10th spot this term.

Chairman Rob Couhig said the club had made "tremendous strides" since the former Colchester boss took charge.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Next Manager on 18:43 - Nov 2 with 1284 viewsthrillseeker

Next Manager on 17:13 - Nov 2 by bwildered

Wycombe Wanderers boss Matt Bloomfield has signed a contract extension at the League One club.

The 39-year-old took over in February on an undisclosed-length deal following the departure of long-serving Gareth Ainsworth to Queens Park Rangers.

He guided the Chairboys to a ninth-placed finish last season and has them in 10th spot this term.

Chairman Rob Couhig said the club had made "tremendous strides" since the former Colchester boss took charge.

Who has signed a new contract at Wycombe?

Don't waste your time mentioning him
Next Manager on 14:51 - Nov 5 with 1166 viewsdurham_exile

Danny Cowley favourite for the Grimsby job.

Durham_exile

Next Manager on 15:39 - Nov 5 with 1160 viewsgerry_us

Next Manager on 14:51 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

...and his bruvver?
Next Manager on 18:56 - Nov 5 with 1144 viewswessex_exile

Next Manager on 14:51 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

Can't think why he'd turn down Bradford and then go to Grimsby?

Up the U's

Next Manager on 19:07 - Nov 5 with 1142 viewsbwildered

Next Manager on 18:56 - Nov 5 by wessex_exile

Can't think why he'd turn down Bradford and then go to Grimsby?

Paul claimed that Cowley told him that he did not agree to take over at Valley Parade at all, but he did confirm that he turned down the opportunity still due to family reasons, as stated by Dennis initially.

Shedding more light on the situation, Paul said that Cowley's daughter, who currently plays for Chelsea, is sitting her GCSE's and is about to get a call-up for England, so presumably the 45-year-old did not want to uproot his family to the north of England or he did not want to move away from them.

Paul being reporter .
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 19:08]

Next Manager on 08:28 - Nov 6 with 1096 viewsbwildered

MATTY Etherington is firm favourite to be appointed as Colchester United's new head coach on a permanent basis, according to the bookies.

So, signed, sealed and delivered ?

Might have got two away victories in the league, but good results still required in the next two home games to convince, after a cup defeat against average L1 side who had only score four goals at home all season, shows how you can revert to type quickly .

Harsh, yes. Seems the Chairman has lots of faith in ME already, he needs to deliver.

Next Manager on 08:45 - Nov 6 with 1092 viewsthrillseeker

Next Manager on 08:28 - Nov 6 by bwildered

MATTY Etherington is firm favourite to be appointed as Colchester United's new head coach on a permanent basis, according to the bookies.

So, signed, sealed and delivered ?

Might have got two away victories in the league, but good results still required in the next two home games to convince, after a cup defeat against average L1 side who had only score four goals at home all season, shows how you can revert to type quickly .

Harsh, yes. Seems the Chairman has lots of faith in ME already, he needs to deliver.

I really hope not
Next Manager on 09:38 - Nov 6 with 1078 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next Manager on 08:45 - Nov 6 by thrillseeker

I really hope not

I'm with thrillseeker on this one. Etherington might go on to become a decent manager/coach but I don't think now is the time to go for another inexperienced appointment. He's had three (or two) games in charge and you could argue that we weren't the better side in any of those games. Yes you will win football matches by not being the better side but over the course of a season you'll find yourself losing a lot more games than you win.

Next Manager on 10:16 - Nov 6 with 1075 viewsburnsieespana

Next Manager on 09:38 - Nov 6 by RSCOSWORTH

I'm with thrillseeker on this one. Etherington might go on to become a decent manager/coach but I don't think now is the time to go for another inexperienced appointment. He's had three (or two) games in charge and you could argue that we weren't the better side in any of those games. Yes you will win football matches by not being the better side but over the course of a season you'll find yourself losing a lot more games than you win.

Personally am.not sure because think he brings experience of the top level from his playing career. As regards experience, add in Scott Marshall who would, I assume be his assistant and just maybe we have a ood mix.
Next Manager on 08:16 - Nov 10 with 939 viewsbwildered

COLCHESTER United are expected to hold further talks over their vacant head coach position after their home clash with Sutton United this weekend.

So, win and you’re in .

Another interim to be appointed, now a results generated post, so how about a rolling five match contract with two defeats in any given count back will result in dismissal. Any other suggestions ?

Next Manager on 08:30 - Nov 10 with 935 viewsdurham_exile

Next Manager on 08:16 - Nov 10 by bwildered

COLCHESTER United are expected to hold further talks over their vacant head coach position after their home clash with Sutton United this weekend.

So, win and you’re in .

Another interim to be appointed, now a results generated post, so how about a rolling five match contract with two defeats in any given count back will result in dismissal. Any other suggestions ?

Results will ultimately determine.

If we keep on winning then give ME the job before Christmas.

If not who else is seriously in the running

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Next Manager on 09:41 - Nov 10 with 927 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next Manager on 08:16 - Nov 10 by bwildered

So, win and you’re in .

Might be on to something there as our interim managers seem to have been more successful when in the position on an interim basis rather than a permanent one.

Next Manager on 09:46 - Nov 10 with 924 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next Manager on 08:30 - Nov 10 by durham_exile

Results will ultimately determine.

If we keep on winning then give ME the job before Christmas.

If not who else is seriously in the running

Up the U's

There are plenty of managers/coaches out there without a job right now and I imagine we've had lots of applications. I think we normally get over 100 every time the job becomes available. To echo what's been said above we're really in no rush, the team seems stable and is getting results, the better we perform the more chance Etherington has of getting the job but I don't think we need to make any hasty decisions. I'd imagine Etherington is going to remain at the club regardless unless he misses out on the manager's job and decides he no longer wants the role with the U21's.

Next Manager on 09:52 - Nov 10 with 924 viewsCrashBandicoot

The horrible fact is that regardless of the performance football is a results based business and managers are ultimately judged on that and ME is getting favourable results at the moment. How many times have we been the better side and lost this season?

An experienced manager might be the answer but he also has to have a good working relationship with the players. I think the players lost confidence in BG and ultimately he lost the dressing room towards the end of his tenure.

Also the January transfer window is looming on the horizon and we can spend Tchmadaeu's transfer cash on some more experienced heads.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2023 9:54]

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Next Manager on 13:29 - Nov 13 with 760 viewsbwildered

Any white smoking coming out the stadium stack ?

Next Manager on 16:03 - Nov 13 with 739 viewsgerry_us

Next Manager on 13:29 - Nov 13 by bwildered

Any white smoking coming out the stadium stack ?

Whose contract are they burning?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024