Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor state of affairs if true 19:04 - Mar 15 with 17068 viewsrafc1977

Came across this link below on Facebook, I don't usually believe all I read & hear unless from source. But as this was posted by Mr Hicks himself I can only assume (without yet hearing any response from the club) that this is a very shoddy way to treat a long time employee & former player. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I don't know Keith but as long as I've been supporting Dale he has been a stalwart of the community set up.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Pt23WfzSq6gyceJXxrLpdwLAtHzDs
Poor state of affairs if true on 20:40 - Mar 17 with 2154 viewsbluevein64

Poor state of affairs if true on 19:24 - Mar 17 by SuddenLad

I'd much rather hear nothing than the deliberate nonsense and misinformation that we were fed under the previous regime. We were treated like fools and made a laughing stock by the grossly overpaid and incompetent former CEO and his cronies.

I agree it could be better than it is, but for all we know, there may be a deliberate silence, because of possible deals that are being negotiated. NDA's and all that. We'll find out sooner or later.

Those cretins giving grief and abuse to the Chairman and members of the BoD on social media aren't fans. They are louts and have no excuse or justification for what they do. Stay away, We don't want you.

In the meantime, we get behind the team for what is effectively a 10-game season. It already seem as though it's been stuttering on for years and I will be glad to see it finish, but there is a job to be done, starting tomorrow.

Up the Dale.

This is my hunch, the board have previously been relatively open and transparent, the silence doesn't add up particularly in view of the situation we are in both on and off the field, I would have expected some form of communication from the B of D however, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear at some point from SG in the near future, something along the lines of - negotiations where at crucial and sensitive stage therefore, I'm sure that you will appreciate the need to remain silent ...............
Poor state of affairs if true on 21:29 - Mar 17 with 2056 viewsJames1980

Poor state of affairs if true on 20:40 - Mar 17 by bluevein64

This is my hunch, the board have previously been relatively open and transparent, the silence doesn't add up particularly in view of the situation we are in both on and off the field, I would have expected some form of communication from the B of D however, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear at some point from SG in the near future, something along the lines of - negotiations where at crucial and sensitive stage therefore, I'm sure that you will appreciate the need to remain silent ...............

Not another NDA or would that be a super NDA?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Poor state of affairs if true on 01:11 - Mar 18 with 1855 viewsbluevein64

Poor state of affairs if true on 21:29 - Mar 17 by James1980

Not another NDA or would that be a super NDA?

I don't know what you mean - please explain !
Poor state of affairs if true on 08:20 - Mar 18 with 1732 viewsTalkingSutty

Poor state of affairs if true on 20:33 - Mar 17 by 49thseason

The various protections on the ground don't make it impossible to sell, they simply mean it cannot be sold without a large majority of shareholders agreeing to it. I have often stated that I would prefer to sell up Spotland and move to a purpose-built facility perhaps on Kingsway that would create new income streams and jobs as well as taking us out of a populated area which is getting increasingly hostile to parking, noise and behaviour issues. It would be interesting to know what the current ground footprint would be worth as a brownfield building plot. Surely RMBC would be supportive and would help with sourcing the land required and a loan for some of the building costs. Maybe Crown Oil would like to run a truck stop and a hotel / conference centre? It came home to me how difficult the Spotland site is when they couldnt organise a take-away operation because there was no gas available. A brand new 6000 seat stadium would be a catalyst for a completely revamped club. Even Hornets would perhaps thrive there.

I think we are very much in the minority with this because i've mentioned it in the past, but I fully agree with you. If the club is going to survive going forward it needs wholesale change, i think we are at a really pivotal time in the clubs history.

Rather than wallowing in misery at the prospect of dropping out of the league why not get the council and Hornets around the table and try to hatch a plan for a modern purpose built stadium with surrounding facilities that will also benefit the Rochdale public from a health perspective. Really promote ladies football in the Town and run junior football teams etc. Let's turn a negative into a positive.

It can be partly funded by selling our stadium/ land for development.and i'm sure there would be grants available.Plenty of other clubs have gone down this route and I think it would ensure the survival of both the football and rugby club alongside generating fresh interest and increasing attendances. If we are relegated and want to return as a stronger club then I think that's our best chance of doing it...reinvent the club from top to bottom in a different location, start afresh.

I would rather we did that than bring in outside investors.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 8:32]
Poor state of affairs if true on 10:49 - Mar 18 with 1583 viewsD_Alien

Poor state of affairs if true on 08:20 - Mar 18 by TalkingSutty

I think we are very much in the minority with this because i've mentioned it in the past, but I fully agree with you. If the club is going to survive going forward it needs wholesale change, i think we are at a really pivotal time in the clubs history.

Rather than wallowing in misery at the prospect of dropping out of the league why not get the council and Hornets around the table and try to hatch a plan for a modern purpose built stadium with surrounding facilities that will also benefit the Rochdale public from a health perspective. Really promote ladies football in the Town and run junior football teams etc. Let's turn a negative into a positive.

It can be partly funded by selling our stadium/ land for development.and i'm sure there would be grants available.Plenty of other clubs have gone down this route and I think it would ensure the survival of both the football and rugby club alongside generating fresh interest and increasing attendances. If we are relegated and want to return as a stronger club then I think that's our best chance of doing it...reinvent the club from top to bottom in a different location, start afresh.

I would rather we did that than bring in outside investors.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 8:32]

At one point, i'd have been dead set against the idea of relocation

Now, i'm not so sure it wouldn't be for the best. The change? if we can take relegation out of the football league on the chin (and we probably will have to, but not entirely given up hope yet) then everything else comes into play

Plus, wouldn't there be a possibility of building a training complex into the plans, which would accommodate those ladies/junior teams you refer to? The only difference from 49th's suggestion would be the capacity. I think 6000 is too low, even though i know he'd argue about the number of "bums on seats" we'd normally get. I'd go for 10,000, or 8000 as a compromise

The main reason for the increase would be games against those teams who'd bring 3000.
We'd want our home support to accommodate more than that
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 10:54]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Poor state of affairs if true on 11:12 - Mar 18 with 1539 viewsTalkingSutty

Poor state of affairs if true on 10:49 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

Now, i'm not so sure it wouldn't be for the best. The change? if we can take relegation out of the football league on the chin (and we probably will have to, but not entirely given up hope yet) then everything else comes into play

Plus, wouldn't there be a possibility of building a training complex into the plans, which would accommodate those ladies/junior teams you refer to? The only difference from 49th's suggestion would be the capacity. I think 6000 is too low, even though i know he'd argue about the number of "bums on seats" we'd normally get. I'd go for 10,000, or 8000 as a compromise

The main reason for the increase would be games against those teams who'd bring 3000.

I just see it as a alternative to automatically going down the outsider investor route and all the risk that's associated with it. That's why i was disappointed that there wasn't consultation with shareholders and fans when the move away from a fan owned model was suddenly announced. If we are serious about being a community club then to my mind this should have been one of the first avenues we explored and the Trust should have been front and centre of the discussions. Reimbursing the Chairman and Directors could have been factored into the negotiations, because they do need their money back. A investor will probably prove to be just a quick fix, what happens when the investment stops or the investor goes rogue and brings in the wrong people? I think we need to row our own boat if possible but unfortunately there is no avenue for supporters or shareholders to even discuss things, apart from social media
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 11:14]
Poor state of affairs if true on 11:28 - Mar 18 with 1509 viewsD_Alien

Poor state of affairs if true on 11:12 - Mar 18 by TalkingSutty

I just see it as a alternative to automatically going down the outsider investor route and all the risk that's associated with it. That's why i was disappointed that there wasn't consultation with shareholders and fans when the move away from a fan owned model was suddenly announced. If we are serious about being a community club then to my mind this should have been one of the first avenues we explored and the Trust should have been front and centre of the discussions. Reimbursing the Chairman and Directors could have been factored into the negotiations, because they do need their money back. A investor will probably prove to be just a quick fix, what happens when the investment stops or the investor goes rogue and brings in the wrong people? I think we need to row our own boat if possible but unfortunately there is no avenue for supporters or shareholders to even discuss things, apart from social media
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 11:14]

There is an avenue, and i'd suggest that it's used as a test case on this matter

Our Trust rep on the BoD has a role which includes putting questions to the board from fans who're Trust members. What i'd suggest is this:

As many Trust members as possible should put forward a joint letter to the board via this mechanism about exploring the option of relocation and keeping Dale within our own hands

As many signatories as possible should be gathered, to show the strength of feeling about this. The board would then have three options:

1) Reply to the effect that this is already being considered

2) Reply to the effect that it's not been considered but will be taken forward forthwith

3) Ignore it

All three have repercussions. If the last is chosen - or if the response is so weak that it doesn't take into account the strength of feeling - then imo the Trust should consider whether having a rep on the BoD is worth a candle and take it's own appropriate action. At least we'd then know where we stood
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 11:30]

Poor state of affairs if true on 11:44 - Mar 18 with 1461 viewsTalkingSutty

Poor state of affairs if true on 11:28 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

There is an avenue, and i'd suggest that it's used as a test case on this matter

Our Trust rep on the BoD has a role which includes putting questions to the board from fans who're Trust members. What i'd suggest is this:

As many Trust members as possible should put forward a joint letter to the board via this mechanism about exploring the option of relocation and keeping Dale within our own hands

As many signatories as possible should be gathered, to show the strength of feeling about this. The board would then have three options:

1) Reply to the effect that this is already being considered

2) Reply to the effect that it's not been considered but will be taken forward forthwith

3) Ignore it

All three have repercussions. If the last is chosen - or if the response is so weak that it doesn't take into account the strength of feeling - then imo the Trust should consider whether having a rep on the BoD is worth a candle and take it's own appropriate action. At least we'd then know where we stood
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 11:30]

Agree but this sort of thing should have been considered and actioned by the Trust already. With probably something like 800 Trust Members there should have been some serious consultation taking place.

I understand the reasons why those in the Boardroom want to bring in investors but to totally ignore the wishes of the fan base and shareholders, not even consult with them is really poor form considering the monies donated by supporters. The Trust should have also been pro-active at that point. It might upset a few people and I don't want to fall out with anybody but these things need saying.

We fought to save the club as a collective, and as a collective we should all be involved in the future direction of the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Poor state of affairs if true on 11:51 - Mar 18 with 1437 views442Dale

Can’t see any reason why the Trust couldn’t call a meeting of members before a home game to at least allow supporters to discuss their thoughts and concerns.

The routes to contact the Trust are valuable, but there’s nothing lost from people having the chance to express opinion and listen to each other. This would then allow the Trust to carry things forward. It doesn’t need to be labelled as an EGM, but that could be looked at if necessary.

At the moment nothing visible is happening and the weeks just pass by.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Poor state of affairs if true on 11:57 - Mar 18 with 1411 viewsD_Alien

Poor state of affairs if true on 11:51 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Can’t see any reason why the Trust couldn’t call a meeting of members before a home game to at least allow supporters to discuss their thoughts and concerns.

The routes to contact the Trust are valuable, but there’s nothing lost from people having the chance to express opinion and listen to each other. This would then allow the Trust to carry things forward. It doesn’t need to be labelled as an EGM, but that could be looked at if necessary.

At the moment nothing visible is happening and the weeks just pass by.

The home game on Good Friday v Walsall would be the ideal opportunity

With an earlier kick off, the meeting could be before or after the game

[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 11:58]

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:20 - Mar 18 with 1346 views442Dale

Poor state of affairs if true on 11:57 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

The home game on Good Friday v Walsall would be the ideal opportunity

With an earlier kick off, the meeting could be before or after the game

[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 11:58]

Good idea. It’s worth looking into if the Trust haven’t already which they may well have seeing the concern and interest amongst supporters.

Simply to find out if others think this is a positive option, could people post YES in reply to get an idea of interest/numbers. Thank you.

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:23 - Mar 18 with 1342 viewsJames1980

Poor state of affairs if true on 01:11 - Mar 18 by bluevein64

I don't know what you mean - please explain !

Sorry for the delayed response. By super NDA I meant like a super injunction whereby it's kept quiet that there is even one in place.

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:25 - Mar 18 with 1332 viewsTVOS1907

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:20 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Good idea. It’s worth looking into if the Trust haven’t already which they may well have seeing the concern and interest amongst supporters.

Simply to find out if others think this is a positive option, could people post YES in reply to get an idea of interest/numbers. Thank you.

YES

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:25 - Mar 18 with 1331 views49thseason

Poor state of affairs if true on 10:49 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

Its a small point in the scheme of things but a 6000 seater is more than adequate for our current needs its nearly 3 times the size of our average home support and would be adquate if that support doubled. I imagine a design could be developed which would enable an extension at some point if it were deemed neccessary. There is no point getting into the details of what is needed or possible until the idea has some buy-in from the various parties thhat are involved. For me, Forest Green have done what is required, not so much a wooden stadium but creating a venue from scratch thst has the right facilities in the right places including parking, a multi-use stadium (conferences / exhibitions etc.), away from densley populated areas and with potential for other income streams.
Kingsway is ideal as it has motorway, rail and local road access but there may be other areas that are possibilities.
The big question is..... would the Council support it?
Poor state of affairs if true on 12:32 - Mar 18 with 1309 viewsJames1980

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:23 - Mar 18 by James1980

Sorry for the delayed response. By super NDA I meant like a super injunction whereby it's kept quiet that there is even one in place.

Anyway on a more sensible note. Would relocation involve keeping the same level of facilities shop pub bars etc?
The football club in the village I live in was sold for development. They built a new one near the secondary school with a new club house also 4/3G pitches which are regularly rented out.

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:44 - Mar 18 with 1282 viewsD_Alien

YES

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:46 - Mar 18 with 1263 viewsJames1980

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:44 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

YES

YES

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:47 - Mar 18 with 1250 viewsD_Alien

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:25 - Mar 18 by 49thseason

Its a small point in the scheme of things but a 6000 seater is more than adequate for our current needs its nearly 3 times the size of our average home support and would be adquate if that support doubled. I imagine a design could be developed which would enable an extension at some point if it were deemed neccessary. There is no point getting into the details of what is needed or possible until the idea has some buy-in from the various parties thhat are involved. For me, Forest Green have done what is required, not so much a wooden stadium but creating a venue from scratch thst has the right facilities in the right places including parking, a multi-use stadium (conferences / exhibitions etc.), away from densley populated areas and with potential for other income streams.
Kingsway is ideal as it has motorway, rail and local road access but there may be other areas that are possibilities.
The big question is..... would the Council support it?

Not to mention Metrolink to Newbold & Kingsway Business Park (edit: if that's what you meant by rail)

I'd imagine GMP would be supportive of an idea that kept many away fans out of the town centre

[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 12:48]

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:52 - Mar 18 with 1218 viewsjudd

Is this the script from When Harry met Sally?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:53 - Mar 18 with 1215 viewsD_Alien

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:52 - Mar 18 by judd

In my case, Close Encounters of a Third Kind

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:57 - Mar 18 with 1197 viewsfitzochris

YES

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Poor state of affairs if true on 13:03 - Mar 18 with 1188 viewsOlddale

Yes
Poor state of affairs if true on 13:04 - Mar 18 with 1179 views442Dale

Poor state of affairs if true on 12:52 - Mar 18 by judd

Ask Daniel Bryan.

Poor state of affairs if true on 13:11 - Mar 18 with 1162 viewstony_roch975

YES

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Poor state of affairs if true on 13:19 - Mar 18 with 1125 viewselectricblue

YES

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024