Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor state of affairs if true 19:04 - Mar 15 with 17061 viewsrafc1977

Came across this link below on Facebook, I don't usually believe all I read & hear unless from source. But as this was posted by Mr Hicks himself I can only assume (without yet hearing any response from the club) that this is a very shoddy way to treat a long time employee & former player. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I don't know Keith but as long as I've been supporting Dale he has been a stalwart of the community set up.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Pt23WfzSq6gyceJXxrLpdwLAtHzDs
Poor state of affairs if true on 13:20 - Mar 18 with 2268 views49thseason

YES
Poor state of affairs if true (n/t) on 13:28 - Mar 18 with 2245 views49thseason

[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 13:29]
Poor state of affairs if true on 13:53 - Mar 18 with 2192 viewsEllDale

Twelve months ago I would have scoffed at the this idea but I’m gradually warming to it.
It’s not a quick fix though.
Let’s say a year for funding. Another year for planning permission etc.
You could be looking at an opening in 2028 or 2029 when some of us might not even be around!
And the club would still be losing money during that period.
The plusses are, at Kingsway although there may be other potential sites, the previously mentioned travel links and no residents to object!
Not many pubs in the area although there aren’t too many around Spotland!
It may lead to the reopening of the Kingsway Hotel!
As for capacity I think 6000 is too low. If the business plan still includes cup runs that wouldn’t be sufficient to maximum revenue from a plum tie.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 13:55]
Poor state of affairs if true on 18:41 - Mar 18 with 1989 viewsrich_dale

Poor state of affairs if true on 13:53 - Mar 18 by EllDale

Twelve months ago I would have scoffed at the this idea but I’m gradually warming to it.
It’s not a quick fix though.
Let’s say a year for funding. Another year for planning permission etc.
You could be looking at an opening in 2028 or 2029 when some of us might not even be around!
And the club would still be losing money during that period.
The plusses are, at Kingsway although there may be other potential sites, the previously mentioned travel links and no residents to object!
Not many pubs in the area although there aren’t too many around Spotland!
It may lead to the reopening of the Kingsway Hotel!
As for capacity I think 6000 is too low. If the business plan still includes cup runs that wouldn’t be sufficient to maximum revenue from a plum tie.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 13:55]

In the light of this thread and in the context of the most entertaining home game for years, it's doubly frustrating that there doesn't seem to have been more effort to get people into the ground on matchdays and not any sort of rallying cry. This is obviously the most crucial period for the club in decades and we need to play all the cards we have in order to give ourselves a chance to survive.

The players put in a proper shift today and who knows, that effort might have led to 3 points with a few hundred more fans in the ground. Compare this with Crawley who've made a clear effort to get the whole town behind them and have won their last two games as a result.
Poor state of affairs if true on 19:08 - Mar 18 with 1947 viewsTalkingSutty

Yes.
Poor state of affairs if true on 19:26 - Mar 18 with 1900 viewsFrankDale

Yes
Poor state of affairs if true on 19:55 - Mar 18 with 1810 viewsforeverhopefulDale

YES.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Poor state of affairs if true on 19:56 - Mar 18 with 1803 views442Dale

Thank you to those who have already indicated that they’d be supportive of a supporters meeting with the Trust. To update, there were some really positive discussions amongst fans today who’d like to use such an opportunity so the the Trust can engage with fans in a different way and look at areas of uncertainty that they could then take forward on the behalf of members.

It’s not coming from a negative standpoint, more what can be established in terms of issues that supporters have which can be represented to help the club. This is not about creating division, whinging or shouting the odds, it’s about ensuring all fans have a better understanding of their football club.

For those only seeing this for the first time, if you’re in favour of a meeting for Trust members at a future game (Walsall on Good Friday has been suggested and looks a good idea), please reply YES.

From there, we can then look at topics for discussion to create a structure for the meeting should this move forwards.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 19:59]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Poor state of affairs if true on 20:21 - Mar 18 with 1764 views100569

Poor state of affairs if true on 19:56 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Thank you to those who have already indicated that they’d be supportive of a supporters meeting with the Trust. To update, there were some really positive discussions amongst fans today who’d like to use such an opportunity so the the Trust can engage with fans in a different way and look at areas of uncertainty that they could then take forward on the behalf of members.

It’s not coming from a negative standpoint, more what can be established in terms of issues that supporters have which can be represented to help the club. This is not about creating division, whinging or shouting the odds, it’s about ensuring all fans have a better understanding of their football club.

For those only seeing this for the first time, if you’re in favour of a meeting for Trust members at a future game (Walsall on Good Friday has been suggested and looks a good idea), please reply YES.

From there, we can then look at topics for discussion to create a structure for the meeting should this move forwards.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 19:59]

YES
Poor state of affairs if true on 21:01 - Mar 18 with 1675 viewsR17ALE

YES

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Poor state of affairs if true on 21:58 - Mar 18 with 1565 viewsChaffRAFC

YES

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Poor state of affairs if true on 22:42 - Mar 18 with 1453 viewsdalebolt

Yes
Poor state of affairs if true on 10:31 - Mar 19 with 1128 viewsDorsetDale

Yes

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Poor state of affairs if true on 10:59 - Mar 19 with 1073 viewsOlddale

As a new member to this forum -for the purpose of voting on this idea - and not wanting to interfere at all in its' processes (and also not at all social media engaging),might it be worth creating a separate thread so that the Title attracts more attention to this suggestion?
Poor state of affairs if true on 11:14 - Mar 19 with 1020 views442Dale

Poor state of affairs if true on 10:59 - Mar 19 by Olddale

As a new member to this forum -for the purpose of voting on this idea - and not wanting to interfere at all in its' processes (and also not at all social media engaging),might it be worth creating a separate thread so that the Title attracts more attention to this suggestion?

Done. All future posts on the subject will be in there.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024