Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench 22:26 - Apr 19 with 9657 viewsFDC

Properly mental if he doesn't play between now and League 1...

I was telling everyone he was the best player in Championship six months ago. I'm not convinced Willock, nor Jesus Christ his Saviour, could be a bad influence on the team, so it has to be a "tactical decision", and I can't actually see any tactics on the pitch.

The strategy for QPR scoring a goal currently is not to have any shape or training ground routines, but "let's hope Amos has a run through on goal, bouncing the ball off defenders and nearly poking it into the goal".

I would definitely back Willock to fluke a goal over anyone else in the squad, and fluking a goal is the best hope we currently have.
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:38 - Apr 19 with 5736 views1JD

If you didn’t already know by now, Ainsworth picks work rate over quality. So long as you fist pump and work hard, and preferably are an older pro, you’re in.

Meanwhile, one of the championships best players is sat on the bench. Presumably because he doesn’t work hard enough, or is dragging his feet on a new contract (if we can afford it). So he’s not committed enough. Even though we’ve actually got him under contract for another year, as we have a +1 option.

We need all the help we can get right now. But for Ainsworth, he doesn’t fit the bill. That’s called “cutting your nose off, to spite your face”.
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:38 - Apr 19 with 5725 viewsgolborne

Willock instead of Martin - surely not. He’s our new captain, whom this gobshite would make his first signing, given the opportunity to ‘build his own team’. Even the half wits who were calling for this weeks ago must now smell the coffee.

Would David Brent motivate you at work every day? That’s what they’re facing, and it seems anybody in his corner being looked favourably upon. Although maybe I missed Martins leadership skills tonight, apart from one run.

Ainsworth was a likeable joke as a player, but who thought this was a good appointment for manager …death by social media, as I’m pretty sure the owners were sucked in by certain elements there. The same who vent during games when you can’t even get a signal at Loftus rd…
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:41 - Apr 19 with 5681 viewsdistortR

I would have put Willock on, he can turn a match. But he's also been stinking the place out for far too long. I imagine that he really doesn't want us to take the year's option.
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:45 - Apr 19 with 5619 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Massive call by Gareth to continually Willock from the side when the team is crying out for creativity in the final third. When Ainsworth said that the cavalry were coming I didn't realise that he was referring to Dad's Army.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 23:00]
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:48 - Apr 19 with 5593 viewsFDC

It would make sense if there was an identifiable system in the final third, but....
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:54 - Apr 19 with 5525 viewsTacticalR

FDC, long time no see.

Air hostess clique

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:58 - Apr 19 with 5493 viewsFDC

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:54 - Apr 19 by TacticalR

FDC, long time no see.

2019 was rough
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:01 - Apr 19 with 5426 viewsted_hendrix

Fish?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:02 - Apr 19 with 5417 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah good to see you Fish. I can only assume though that Willock doesn't give that much of a fcuk, and hasn't for a while. His body language looks that way when he's made it onto the pitch.

There are definitely things that Ainsworth could be doing subs-wise that he isn't but I just see Willock as symptomatic of the problem more than anything, could be wrong I know.
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:05 - Apr 19 with 5349 viewsNorthLondonR

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:58 - Apr 19 by FDC

2019 was rough

One thing is for sure, our subs don't warm up properly. Albert was doing mild stretches for about 2 mins of the second half and none of the others do much before that guy with the blonde hair "illegally" come trotting down the sideline telling them to do not much warming up. All the Norwich guys were stretching, sprinting etc and Albert literally did nothing for 10 mins before coming on.
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:10 - Apr 19 with 5287 viewsdannyblue

Ainsworth doesn't trust Willock. The way he lost the ball for Coventry's third might have been the final straw. And he wouldn't want to put him in front of Drewe either...
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:10 - Apr 19 with 5286 viewsted_hendrix

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 22:41 - Apr 19 by distortR

I would have put Willock on, he can turn a match. But he's also been stinking the place out for far too long. I imagine that he really doesn't want us to take the year's option.

15 minutes to go score = stalemate, players tiring so bring on your arguably best attacking player and run at them and create a bit of havoc, hasn't It been that way for the last 100 Years?

I'd grant you his form Is nowhere near his best recently but he's far to good to be left sitting on his hands, you never know he could have made a difference.

Some decisions are bafffling.

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:12 - Apr 19 with 5266 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Welcome back FDC!

The real cavalry.
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:13 - Apr 19 with 5269 viewsFDC

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:02 - Apr 19 by BklynRanger

Yeah good to see you Fish. I can only assume though that Willock doesn't give that much of a fcuk, and hasn't for a while. His body language looks that way when he's made it onto the pitch.

There are definitely things that Ainsworth could be doing subs-wise that he isn't but I just see Willock as symptomatic of the problem more than anything, could be wrong I know.

ah man. I concede that there is the slimmest possibility that i actually have not identified the single solution to QPR's problems.

I dunno man, I get that you need players up for the scrap on the pitch, but at this stage, and without an obvious XI that are 'on board' , and when we so clearly struggle to create chances... he must be a proper wrongun!

Good to see you too man
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:15 - Apr 19 with 5227 viewspaulhoop2

Not widely reported but there has been a bust up between then willock unhappy with criticism so stormed off training pitch. Heard a few rumours

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:20 - Apr 19 with 5185 viewsFDC

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:12 - Apr 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Welcome back FDC!

The real cavalry.

Ha ha, thanks mate. I wish my post hadn't been so inflammatory now
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:20 - Apr 19 with 5164 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He (GA) omitted him from the ‘hardworking players’ list in some interview or other the other week. I’m going to allow myself one jump to a conclusion and say I suspect he’s this year’s Grant Hall, as pointed out by Norf on another thread.
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:23 - Apr 19 with 5137 viewsted_hendrix

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:15 - Apr 19 by paulhoop2

Not widely reported but there has been a bust up between then willock unhappy with criticism so stormed off training pitch. Heard a few rumours

I doubt It and I sincerely hope that's not the case, An almighty shyte season is coming to a close, I don't wan't or can't handle anymore greif.

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:25 - Apr 19 with 5124 viewsHayesender

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:15 - Apr 19 by paulhoop2

Massive bust up between Ainsworth, Willock, Johansen, and Laird allegedly

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:25 - Apr 19 with 5101 viewsHunterhoop

Doesn’t matter how good or talented you are/can be, if you don’t work hard, you shouldn’t play. Can’t be picking players who aren’t trying.

That doesn’t mean grunt over flair, passion over tactics, or anything like that. But you have to try. If he’s also shown insubordination off the pitch, even more reason why you can’t play him. As many clubs have shown many times over the years, you cannot allow players to act badly and be rewarded. The manager has to maintain the power. This isn’t a short term thing; it has long term impacts. Look at Utd, as soon as the club backed the players over Moyes, from then on, for 7 years, Utd had a problem with work-rate and discipline. As soon as the new fella was backed over Ronaldo, everything has picked up. Many many more examples.

I wish Willock was up for it and keen and willing to commit. Then he should definitely play.

I suspect his Dad is the real one who is hoping the club don’t extend the contact….and if we do, I suspect he’ll be injured a lot of next season…
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:26 - Apr 19 with 5095 views100percent

Also.....
what was the point of putting Richards on after 86 mins?
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:27 - Apr 19 with 5073 viewsdistortR

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:20 - Apr 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

He (GA) omitted him from the ‘hardworking players’ list in some interview or other the other week. I’m going to allow myself one jump to a conclusion and say I suspect he’s this year’s Grant Hall, as pointed out by Norf on another thread.

Yeah, I've said on a few threads now, I get the impression he's doing his best to ensure we don't take the one year option on him.
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:29 - Apr 19 with 5039 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:27 - Apr 19 by distortR

Yeah, I've said on a few threads now, I get the impression he's doing his best to ensure we don't take the one year option on him.

Who knows, but Ainsworth is skilled at identifying and playing the right sort. Why would let he play the best player we have without a good reason.
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:31 - Apr 19 with 5026 viewsdistortR

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:29 - Apr 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who knows, but Ainsworth is skilled at identifying and playing the right sort. Why would let he play the best player we have without a good reason.

In you, the force is strong!
Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:31 - Apr 19 with 5014 viewsHunterhoop

Getting relegated with Willock on the bench on 23:25 - Apr 19 by Hayesender

Massive bust up between Ainsworth, Willock, Johansen, and Laird allegedly

Given the way those 3 have been playing (or not being available) in recent months, I’m inclined to think Ainsworth is in the right and the poor darlings can’t take some deserved criticism.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024