Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club statement 19:43 - Apr 22 with 5290 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/clubupdate_220423/

Looking forward to them working in consultation with the Trust to respond to all the questions, ideas and issues raised at the last and future meetings with fans very quickly. That would be a true sign within a couple of weeks that they are committed to reengaging with supporters.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 19:49]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club statement on 19:59 - Apr 22 with 5145 viewsYorkshire_Dale

"working tirelessly".......the usual woke comment after some disaster, what they need to do is work " smarter", sweep out all the dross that's accumulated in the place over the last 4/5 seasons (yes, Mr McNulty you too) and start with a blank sheet of A4 and a pen and get a plan hatched.

Go for it
Club statement on 22:30 - Apr 22 with 4712 viewsjudd

That statement is shit.

Astonished it was sanctioned in any way.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club statement on 00:11 - Apr 23 with 4441 viewsSandyman

The worthy and definitely needed "fan-owned club" model became dis-engaged with the fans to the point that it needs "re-engaging". How so? Fingers point at the boardroom, unfortunately, and most definitely at some lack-lustre players the club got lumbered with.

Let's re-engage, quickly. Please try and attend the next two Trust gatherings and have your say. The next club statement should urge fans to attend these meetings if they are serious about using the qualities within the fan base to move on and "re-engage". Last Wednesday was good. It's not scary and fellow fans are receptive to alternate views.
Club statement on 10:06 - Apr 23 with 4000 viewsDaleiLama

'You've heard nothing from us for months, except when we've needed the media to broadcast a message. But season tickets will be on sale soon and we need your money'.

Transparent and insulting. The board did one great thing but have made too many mistakes since and appear to be lacking in common sense. Worrying how out of touch they are with their fanbase/customers

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Club statement on 11:21 - Apr 23 with 3821 viewsMarjorie_Plane

This is very poor. This just highlights how far the board are out of touch with their customers.
Let's just carry on regardless.

I didn't think it would come to this.
Club statement on 15:27 - Apr 23 with 3518 viewsBrierls

It’s a token statement and should be treated as such.
Club statement on 16:47 - Apr 23 with 3366 views49thseason

A quick response to the Dunphy statement..
Club statement on 10:46 - Apr 24 with 2936 viewsburton_dale

Apologies if this has already been shared but what an awful, awful clip from an interview with Simon Gague. Yes other clubs have been down and bounced back, but there's plenty that haven't and it's almost like he's trying to downplay the gravity of the situation. On top of that people that work for the club will lose their jobs, not the players or the board but the low paid people seen as 'disposable' by the board at such a difficult time financially and it's like he doesn't care. Then to laugh at his own comment about not having the re-election system anymore was infuriating, it's not a time for jokes and light heartedness it's a time to own up to the mistakes he's made and where it's got us and do what he needs to do to put it right, which I'm thinking is to hand the reigns over as long as it's to the right person because he clearly doesn't have a clue.

I don't post on here because I very rarely get to games and I was away over the weekend so didn't see any of the immediate aftermath online but that interview has made me so so angry.
Login to get fewer ads

Club statement on 12:05 - Apr 24 with 2717 viewsA_Newby

From the club statement.

“We feel it is important to confirm at this stage that the club’s Academy will continue to run at full Category Three level for the 2023/24 season.”

The academy has been mainly funded by a premier league grant of around £450,000 per annum.

Does the club statement mean (as I suspect) that the club will receive one last payment to “wind down” the academy whilst allowing the young players enrolled time to find alternative academies? What is planned for the following seasons?

I read a newspaper article by the Grimsby chairman about the proposed changes to the EFL / National league and funding from the Premier league / EFL / FA.

One point he made was that clubs who run academies in the National league do not receive any protection, like EFL clubs have, from other clubs poaching their young talent that they have invested time and money in for zero compensation.

Chesterfield in the National League do have an academy, but it seems to be merged with Chesterfield FC Community Trust their equivalent of Rochdale Football in the Community Trust charity.

Could we do this? Has anybody at the club, academy or community trust approached Chesterfield or investigated whether this is a possibility?

Chesterfield's Community Trust also own the majority of shares in their club and seem to be better at attracting grants than our community trust.

https://www.rochdaleafccommunity.org/

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-

https://chesterfield-fc.co.uk/teams/academy

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-
Club statement on 12:28 - Apr 24 with 2610 viewsToffeemanc

Club statement on 10:06 - Apr 23 by DaleiLama

'You've heard nothing from us for months, except when we've needed the media to broadcast a message. But season tickets will be on sale soon and we need your money'.

Transparent and insulting. The board did one great thing but have made too many mistakes since and appear to be lacking in common sense. Worrying how out of touch they are with their fanbase/customers

Your first line is exactly how I interpreted the statement and as you say it is transparent and insulting.
It appears our chairman spent so much time in the clouds in his job as a pilot that his head is still up there somewhere because he certainly doesn't appear to be living in the real world if he expects fans to just blindly buy season tickets for next season to watch the same inept boring shite we have had to watch for the last 4 seasons.
I'm now left wondering what the board will they do when the uptake on season tickets is well down and fans/customers start to vote with their feet and not bother attending. I genuinely fear for the future of the club under the current board set up.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024