Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunphy withdraws bid 17:01 - Apr 30 with 15934 viewsTomRAFC

From his Facebook:

"Rochdale AFC

Now that the shareholding has been published, it is perfectly understandable that the board would be reluctant to walk away without some sort of recompense.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you, that I am unable to personally invest the amount of money required, and as I cannot ask my associates to do what I am not prepared to do, I have no option but to withdraw.

For a few years, I have watched in sadness as our beloved team sank out of league one, then to the bottom of league two. I promised myself (and my wife) that I was not going to get involved, but in that final week I felt compelled to give it ‘just one last shot’.

Like many of you, Rochdale AFC has been in my life longer than anyone or anything and to watch it slip out of the league was hard. I am sure Simon felt the same, but as a former chairman, I know better than anyone the pressure he would have been under.

I put forward a proposal in which myself, and other experienced associates offered our services to the club. The offer was made with the best interests of the club at heart, but I was unaware of just how many shares the BoD actually owned, and how much money they had invested. I would like to take this opportunity to commend them for preventing the hostile takeover bid.

I understand that there are other ‘interested parties’ and sincerely hope that they will be able to offer a clear way forward, secure a successful future for the club and ensure the continuation of professional sport in Rochdale.

I would like to thank all of you for the kind messages I have received and would reassure you that I remain committed to the club and would be willing to meet and talk with those who would help to protect the club we all love.

Christopher Dunphy"

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:14 - Apr 30 with 7815 viewsD_Alien

Very sad

When he put his proposal forward last week, i remarked that he'd specified the acquisition of "new shares"

This clearly wouldn't be sufficient in itself to establish control of the club. It remains unclear why acquiring a significant shareholding, with a place on the board and the ability to help direct the future of the club doesn't remain an option

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:21 - Apr 30 with 7759 viewsBrierls

Well knock me down with a feather.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:21 - Apr 30 with 7757 views442Dale

Not going to go into the multiple arguments, details and games played over the last week (yes, you know and we see it), but has anyone got an answer to the following:

How many shares did Dunphy have when he was last on the board/chairman?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:25 - Apr 30 with 7707 viewsBrierls

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:21 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

Not going to go into the multiple arguments, details and games played over the last week (yes, you know and we see it), but has anyone got an answer to the following:

How many shares did Dunphy have when he was last on the board/chairman?

From memory, Altman and Marcelli had about 75K, which were acquired from Chris Dunphy.

I think that made him the second largest shareholder behind Andrew Kilpatrick.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 17:27]
Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:34 - Apr 30 with 7620 viewsdawlishdale

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:25 - Apr 30 by Brierls

From memory, Altman and Marcelli had about 75K, which were acquired from Chris Dunphy.

I thought the Americans had bought the shares from CD , together with those owned by Bill Goodwin and also the estate of the late Paul Hazelhurst ?
Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:37 - Apr 30 with 7597 viewsBrierls

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:34 - Apr 30 by dawlishdale

I thought the Americans had bought the shares from CD , together with those owned by Bill Goodwin and also the estate of the late Paul Hazelhurst ?

My memory isn’t as good as yours! You are correct.

So Dunphy had less than 75K.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:39 - Apr 30 with 7587 viewsdawlishdale

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:37 - Apr 30 by Brierls

My memory isn’t as good as yours! You are correct.

So Dunphy had less than 75K.

Considerably less.

Andrew Kelly was always second largest shareholder at that time.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:43 - Apr 30 with 7554 viewsNigelWatson

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:25 - Apr 30 by Brierls

Simon Gauge has enjoyed good PR, so far. However, I suspect that this might be about to change. What motivates Mr. Gauge? Like everybody else, his actions will define him. Unfortunately, I can see Gauge driving RAFC into liquidation. I really hope that I am wrong.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 17:44]
Login to get fewer ads

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:44 - Apr 30 with 7543 viewsNorthernDale

Why can't the board accept the help and support from Dunphy and his associates? As Dale fans we want whats best for the club and the board deserves credit for dealing with the shysters, but they are being either stupid in not accepting Dunphy's help.

I hope the board as the sense to reach out to Dunphy, but sadly I doubt it.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:51 - Apr 30 with 7481 viewsShun

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:14 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

Very sad

When he put his proposal forward last week, i remarked that he'd specified the acquisition of "new shares"

This clearly wouldn't be sufficient in itself to establish control of the club. It remains unclear why acquiring a significant shareholding, with a place on the board and the ability to help direct the future of the club doesn't remain an option

Sad indeed. Mind you, the reaction he received last weekend can’t have helped make him feel wanted. ‘Prick,’ etc.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:57 - Apr 30 with 7428 viewsD_Alien

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:44 - Apr 30 by NorthernDale

Why can't the board accept the help and support from Dunphy and his associates? As Dale fans we want whats best for the club and the board deserves credit for dealing with the shysters, but they are being either stupid in not accepting Dunphy's help.

I hope the board as the sense to reach out to Dunphy, but sadly I doubt it.

It's possible that the main factor is having other bids waiting in the wings (which CD refers to) that might just enable a controlling interest to be acquired

If CD were to take up a tranche of the unsold shares, that might complicate things, but i hope he remains available to invest should any further bids not come to fruition
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 17:58]

Dunphy withdraws bid on 18:02 - Apr 30 with 7390 viewsNewbury_Dale

If Chris was really serious about getting back involved in the running of the club then at the very least he would have repurchased the 75k shares he sold to the Yanks. There have been two (?) Share issues in recent history and he's not got involved with either. Clearly wanted something for nothing.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 18:17 - Apr 30 with 7286 viewsSandyman

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:34 - Apr 30 by dawlishdale

Source: Companies House 2017

Mr Dunphy held 46010 shares
Mr Hazelhurst held 16075 shares
Mr Goodwin held 12600 shares

74,685 shares in total.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 18:38 - Apr 30 with 7165 viewskel

Dunphy withdraws bid on 17:43 - Apr 30 by NigelWatson

Simon Gauge has enjoyed good PR, so far. However, I suspect that this might be about to change. What motivates Mr. Gauge? Like everybody else, his actions will define him. Unfortunately, I can see Gauge driving RAFC into liquidation. I really hope that I am wrong.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 17:44]

Given that you almost always are, that fills me with a great deal of optimism.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 18:44 - Apr 30 with 7115 viewsTrev

Feel like the current board are going to remain in situ for an awfully long time if they want their money back before stepping aside.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:06 - Apr 30 with 7005 viewsSheffield_dale

Dunphy withdraws bid on 18:44 - Apr 30 by Trev

Feel like the current board are going to remain in situ for an awfully long time if they want their money back before stepping aside.

And rightly so.

Why was it a surprise how much the BoD owned, it's pretty common knowledge how many shares they have.

Seems silly to have put that statement of intent so publicly without having basic knowledge. He is either not too bright or assumed he is entitled to walk in on cheaper terms.

If he cared as much as his amateur statements suggest then why not buy a decent share, work alongside the board and change it from within. Sorry but what a circus he's created
Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:08 - Apr 30 with 6986 viewsClivert

Even Graham Barrow couldn't beat me, this board have.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:35 - Apr 30 with 6860 views49thseason

Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:06 - Apr 30 by Sheffield_dale

And rightly so.

Why was it a surprise how much the BoD owned, it's pretty common knowledge how many shares they have.

Seems silly to have put that statement of intent so publicly without having basic knowledge. He is either not too bright or assumed he is entitled to walk in on cheaper terms.

If he cared as much as his amateur statements suggest then why not buy a decent share, work alongside the board and change it from within. Sorry but what a circus he's created

Exactly, the whole episode has been laughable. To turn up minutes after relegstion with a plan that turns out to be a scribble on the back of a fag packet was patently ludicrous. Lets hope the other potential investors have actually done some homework.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:38 - Apr 30 with 6835 viewsJames1980

I'm guessing he speaks for the whole 'consortium'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:40 - Apr 30 with 6820 viewsD_Alien

Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:08 - Apr 30 by Clivert

There's a danger the fanbase is being split into two different factions on this

I'm very much still pro-Simon Gauge, but the messaging coming out of the club (not to say briefings) has been damaging

I just feel very sad it's come to this, as it really needn't have happened. Whatever mistakes have been made from a footballing perspective, can and should be forgiven, given their inexperience. I've had "frank exchanges of views" with those who were lambasting them without thought to their saving of the club

But whilst i agree CD should have been more savvy in his approach, to those who've dissed him, the old phrase comes to the fore - be careful, be bloody careful - what you wish for
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 19:46]

Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:45 - Apr 30 with 6781 viewsSheffield_dale

Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:40 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

There's a danger the fanbase is being split into two different factions on this

I'm very much still pro-Simon Gauge, but the messaging coming out of the club (not to say briefings) has been damaging

I just feel very sad it's come to this, as it really needn't have happened. Whatever mistakes have been made from a footballing perspective, can and should be forgiven, given their inexperience. I've had "frank exchanges of views" with those who were lambasting them without thought to their saving of the club

But whilst i agree CD should have been more savvy in his approach, to those who've dissed him, the old phrase comes to the fore - be careful, be bloody careful - what you wish for
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 19:46]

He obviously would have had no money to put in even if he did get a cheap deal. Would stability/success be a guarantee with CD back? From the level of competence of this charade he's created I would say not.
Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:46 - Apr 30 with 6775 viewsBrierls

Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:08 - Apr 30 by Clivert

Aye. It’s absolutely the BoD fault that Chris Dunphy has failed to put his money where his mouth is

Chris Dunphy was the one who went public. Because it suited his agenda. Now we’re expected to believe he didn’t know how much the BoD had invested? Nonsense.

Not a single share purchased. Not when we were on the brink when the BoD DID step up. Not when the MH shares needed to be purchased. Not during the second share issue. Nothing.

I have no doubt Chris Dunphy has a lot to offer this football club, and even less doubt that the BoD need help. He needs to decide what that is rather than playing to the masses on Social Media.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 19:49]
Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:50 - Apr 30 with 6728 viewsSheffield_dale

Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:46 - Apr 30 by Brierls

Aye. It’s absolutely the BoD fault that Chris Dunphy has failed to put his money where his mouth is

Chris Dunphy was the one who went public. Because it suited his agenda. Now we’re expected to believe he didn’t know how much the BoD had invested? Nonsense.

Not a single share purchased. Not when we were on the brink when the BoD DID step up. Not when the MH shares needed to be purchased. Not during the second share issue. Nothing.

I have no doubt Chris Dunphy has a lot to offer this football club, and even less doubt that the BoD need help. He needs to decide what that is rather than playing to the masses on Social Media.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 19:49]

🙌🙌🙌🙌
Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:52 - Apr 30 with 6699 viewsD_Alien

Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:45 - Apr 30 by Sheffield_dale

He obviously would have had no money to put in even if he did get a cheap deal. Would stability/success be a guarantee with CD back? From the level of competence of this charade he's created I would say not.

Of course he had money to put in

As he stated, he was looking to acquire "new shares" (his words)

He was also looking to take control, but like others i'm surprised/dismayed that he wasn't aware how much financial input would be required to achieve this - and to rightly recompense those who bought out the MH shares

The "be careful what you wish for" aspect is simply about the club being thrust into a potential ownership void again, rather than having someone who's known to us all

Is that what anyone would wish for?

Dunphy withdraws bid on 19:54 - Apr 30 with 6687 viewsClivert

The current board are inept. We all want what's best for the club but I'm getting to the point where I don't believe that they do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024