Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now 10:06 - Jun 4 with 9670 viewsDorse

From 1000 if you're finding it on catch up

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 18:21 - Jun 5 with 2414 viewsdaveB

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 14:39 - Jun 5 by R_from_afar

"I can't help but think about the rumour that some of the players just laughed at him for his clothes and appearance etc".

If that rumour is true, it reinforces just how lacking in self-awareness our squad is. Not only did the vast majority of our squad perform poorly last season, their attitude and application were appalling and they put the fanbase, the board and a selection of coaching teams through months of misery with their gutless performances and meek capitulations.

Ainsworth might crash and burn at Rangers but whatever he does to his hair, whatever he wears, he took an unfashionable, poorly funded football team to the highest league position in its 136 year existence and that is some achievement.

Footballers are well known for taking the piss out of each others dress sense, I'm not sure it's a big deal if they took the piss out of Ainsworth, he's probably used to it by now

You can't have a personality where you dress in snake skin boots, jeans and a t shirt, appear on a club quiz in full Kiss make up and then get the hump when someone laughs. The ones who were supposedly the culprits were all praised by Ainsworth so I don't think it was seriously an issue and I doubt he cares.
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 18:57 - Jun 5 with 2312 viewsdmm

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 18:21 - Jun 5 by daveB

Footballers are well known for taking the piss out of each others dress sense, I'm not sure it's a big deal if they took the piss out of Ainsworth, he's probably used to it by now

You can't have a personality where you dress in snake skin boots, jeans and a t shirt, appear on a club quiz in full Kiss make up and then get the hump when someone laughs. The ones who were supposedly the culprits were all praised by Ainsworth so I don't think it was seriously an issue and I doubt he cares.

Sensible as always, dave, and most probably on the button.
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 20:12 - Jun 5 with 2189 viewsPunteR

He needs to get a haircut. Seriously . He'd look so much sharper. Keep the snake skin boots, belts, swords etc, but he'd look like a don with a fresh trim.

As regards what he says, well yeh, maybe he comes from the school of Holloway but he does need to be more cleverer with his words.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 20:13]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 23:43 - Jun 5 with 2009 viewscharmr

Ainsworth, Rowlands, Galen, Bircham and sometimes Bignot all on the back seat of the coach taking the piss. Poor Les the coach driver an easy target.

GA gave plenty out so has to take it as well. Always felt like he did a lot of things to fit in and wasn’t quite what he was about. Chameleon tendencies.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 23:49]
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 00:26 - Jun 6 with 1964 viewsSydneyRs

Agree. Most football squads will be full of young, well off smartarses who will rip the piss out of everything and everyone around them. I doubt Ainsworth would be bothered by any of that stuff and probably gives as good as he gets.

The overreaction to his "scared" comment on twitter has been embarrassing. He's clearly joking even if there is some truth in it as I think we all know we are in for a tough season.

What's really noticeable is how much more relaxed he looks compared to the interviews towards the end of last season, but I guess that will soon change!
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 01:27 - Jun 6 with 1927 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 20:12 - Jun 5 by PunteR

He needs to get a haircut. Seriously . He'd look so much sharper. Keep the snake skin boots, belts, swords etc, but he'd look like a don with a fresh trim.

As regards what he says, well yeh, maybe he comes from the school of Holloway but he does need to be more cleverer with his words.

Yes, I think a haircut is long overdue. Keep the clobber by all means but trim the barnet.
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 03:00 - Jun 6 with 1913 viewsozexile

I've nothing against Ainsworth and no axe.to grind. But IMO you have to look the part to be taken seriously. Leather Jacket and cowboy boots on the touchline doesn't work for me.
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 10:12 - Jun 6 with 1688 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 03:00 - Jun 6 by ozexile

I've nothing against Ainsworth and no axe.to grind. But IMO you have to look the part to be taken seriously. Leather Jacket and cowboy boots on the touchline doesn't work for me.

Get back to the 18th century, granddad.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 10:52 - Jun 6 with 1626 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m starting a new campaign 🤟🏼 …

Who’s in? 🤘🏼
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 12:01 - Jun 6 with 1514 viewsslmrstid

It ain't half going to be a long summer.
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 12:12 - Jun 6 with 1488 viewsfrancisbowles

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 20:12 - Jun 5 by PunteR

'more cleverer with his words'

Now I'm not being the grammar police but, PunterR, I think you need to be smarter with your advice 🤭😁
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 12:24 - Jun 6 with 1450 viewskensalriser

Jesus wept, are we still deconstructing his sartorial choices? Do people think that managers should have a short back and sides and sensible suit with a sheepskin coat in the winter?

It's not like he's an exceptionally questionably attired manager. My favourite is the unshaven ageing alky/junkie off the estate look with track pants, hoody and baseball cap, is that look any better than Ainsworth's?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 12:41 - Jun 6 with 1418 viewsBklynRanger

At the end of the day it's only Talksport guff - yes, public perception etc etc but we've had someone in very recently who said ALL the right things, even while he was shafting us.

And clothes-wise, as long as he does a decent job I really couldn't care less about that either. If anything a bit of character makes a change.

He can wear this if he wants...

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 13:53 - Jun 6 with 1288 viewsslmrstid

The one thing I will add is if you criticise Ainsworth for his dress sense, then please don't tell me you thought Beale's potbellied tracksuit looked better. Now that did look fkn awful.
Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 14:22 - Jun 6 with 1250 viewsR_from_afar

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 18:21 - Jun 5 by daveB

Fine, but people on here are arguing that his appearance is giving rise to more than just mickey-taking, namely a lack of respect which is materially affecting the team's performance.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 14:28 - Jun 6 with 1238 viewsR_from_afar

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 12:24 - Jun 6 by kensalriser

Jesus wept, are we still deconstructing his sartorial choices? Do people think that managers should have a short back and sides and sensible suit with a sheepskin coat in the winter?

It's not like he's an exceptionally questionably attired manager. My favourite is the unshaven ageing alky/junkie off the estate look with track pants, hoody and baseball cap, is that look any better than Ainsworth's?

Indeed. I am picturing the job ad the next time we have a vacancy for a manager:
- Must not sound boring
- Must not have long hair
- Take your cowboy boots elsewhere
- Flat caps not acceptable
- Trouser hitching likewise
- No ill-fitting clothes
- No sitting on coolboxes, not even after knee surgery.

We're a tough gig

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 15:37 - Jun 6 with 1152 viewsCamberleyR

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 14:28 - Jun 6 by R_from_afar

Indeed. I am picturing the job ad the next time we have a vacancy for a manager:
- Must not sound boring
- Must not have long hair
- Take your cowboy boots elsewhere
- Flat caps not acceptable
- Trouser hitching likewise
- No ill-fitting clothes
- No sitting on coolboxes, not even after knee surgery.

We're a tough gig

No wearing of a club tracksuit on matchdays if you have a beer gut.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 15:49 - Jun 6 with 1122 viewskensalriser

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 15:37 - Jun 6 by CamberleyR

No wearing of a club tracksuit on matchdays if you have a beer gut.

Also definitely no beanies.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 16:12 - Jun 6 with 1079 viewsenfieldargh

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 04:09 - Jun 5 by Hooparoo

We all love him from his time here as a player but I fear that Gaz isn't the man to take us forward. I can't help but think about the rumour that some of the players just laughed at him for his clothes and appearance etc. Must admit I have no respect for old blokes that dye their hair and dress like teenagers. Mutton dressed as Lamb as my mum used to say.

First time in 50 years of supporting QPR that I'm not looking forward to the new season.

Steve Evans cuts the mustard though, got SBFC promoted & he looks 18 months pregnant!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 16:21 - Jun 6 with 1061 viewsjoe90

Gaz On TalkSpurt Now on 12:24 - Jun 6 by kensalriser

We are. The season starts in August so we need to get this sorted.

I think the consensus is the hair goes and clothes stay? There was also something about sitting on a cool-box and wearing track suit with a hangover?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 16:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024