Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What future for young UK footballers 11:27 - Aug 4 with 732 viewsgerry_us

I am absolutely sick to death of all the news of Premiership clubs and their foreign signings at crazy prices. What chance have young guys getting to play in the top league any more?. A few years more and we won't have a national team and if we do very few involved will have played at the top level.
Is it time to bring in a rule about maximum foreign players in the Premiership team?
What future for young UK footballers on 12:18 - Aug 4 with 716 viewsburnsieespana

Don't disagree at all with what you say.
What baffles me is why they run the huge academy programmes they do grabbing every player they can then spitting them out without ever having a real chance.
Premiership supporters will always claim a goo d player will always come through but in all honesty I disagree.
On a local note I disagree with us signing a young keeper on loan because my question is, how will our own Ted Colllins ever get the opportunity?
What future for young UK footballers on 12:34 - Aug 4 with 712 viewsLeadbelly

Don’t disagree with the sentiment but difficult to see it ending without the football authorities making rule changes and then actually enforcing them.

Off on a tangent, I wonder how many people who voted for Brexit because they wanted to stop immigrants coming to the UK “taking our jobs” feel the same about their favourite football club signing foreign footballers who, by definition, are taking jobs that could be filled by UK citizens. Not many, I suspect.

Buy British…unless it’s a footballer.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

What future for young UK footballers on 13:57 - Aug 4 with 698 viewsbwildered

Most young players suddenly find themselves a small fish in a bigger pond when being convinced to sign for a top end club, but the opportunities are still limited. However even in different age levels the higher and quicker you rise to the top the decline is reduce slightly start because of being labelled with a top club. Like in nature, the strongest, fittest and skilful survive.

And at club level supporters suddenly don’t care if sports washing and betting monies are bestowed upon a club, with the potential of success.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024