Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 07:07 - Aug 21 with 12637 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s the fourth match day brief of the season, the Swans still search for their first win.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60718/no-more-piroe--so-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60726/swans-with-a-key-s

Preston North End: Freddie Woodman, Liam Lindsay, Will Keane, Alan Browne (captain), Mads Frokjaer, Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Ledson, Duane Holmes, Kian Best, Brad Potts.

Substitutes: Dai Cornell, Greg Cunningham, Patrick Bauer, Ali McCann, Ben Woodburn, Felipe Rodriguez-Gentile, Jack Whatmough, Noah Mawene, Josh Seary.

Swansea City: Carl Rushworth, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood; Harrison Ashby, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Charlie Patino, Josh Key; Jerry Yates, Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Joe Allen, Jamie Paterson, Brandon Cooper, Mykola Kuharevich, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve, Azeem Abdulai.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:18 - Aug 26 with 1697 viewsFireboy2

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 18:42 - Aug 26 by guthrieintherain

Letting in easy goals and creating very little not a good combination.
Early days but the signs are not good at all.

Creating little?

I disagree with you there J.

We created enough to win that game today, it was mistakes at the back and not making substitutions earlier that cost us today.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:23 - Aug 26 with 1683 viewsjacksfullaces

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:03 - Aug 26 by jack247

I know. We just seem to have them too often! This would be our third or fourth since relegation.

I thought Duff would do well. He’s proving me wrong so far.

yeah got to start calling it out for what it is, a poor start. Instead of harping on about the last fella who seems to be doing OK at Soton so he can't be all bad. whether he, cooper or potter were demons or the messiah the reality is they were all rebuilding something then passing on for the next one to rebuild. and rebuilding at this level has to happen quickly.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:39 - Aug 26 with 1636 viewsjack247

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:23 - Aug 26 by jacksfullaces

yeah got to start calling it out for what it is, a poor start. Instead of harping on about the last fella who seems to be doing OK at Soton so he can't be all bad. whether he, cooper or potter were demons or the messiah the reality is they were all rebuilding something then passing on for the next one to rebuild. and rebuilding at this level has to happen quickly.

I haven’t heard the press conference. Did he blame Martin again?
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:40 - Aug 26 with 1634 viewsguthrieintherain

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:00 - Aug 26 by Treforys_Jack

Amen to that

Can't get much worse 2 points out of 12 and not 1 good performance if we are honest.

C- Is generous D is closer to the mark.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 20:25 - Aug 26 with 1514 viewsonehunglow

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:39 - Aug 26 by jack247

No

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 20:27 - Aug 26 with 1517 viewsjacksfullaces

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:39 - Aug 26 by jack247

no idea, been out all day, I was referencing the white noise on here.

my analysis doesn't tend to be partic deep but I found our first 2 performances ponderous and I'm waiting to get a sense of what the new direction of travel is.

the issue we will also now have to obfuscate will be the sell of piroe so everyone who was excited about us doing transfer business early will no doubt be shouting about the owners again.

with them, as long as they don't ruin us off the pitch I can't get too worked up even if their ambition does not match the fans, jenkins did sell us a bit of a duff on that score, but all water under the bridge now.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 20:31 - Aug 26 with 1509 viewsQJumpingJack

It is a huge week ahead for Watson and our half a dozen owners.
The squad needs improving.

We are becoming less attractive to loan players due to our poor start.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 20:31 - Aug 26 with 1504 viewsjack247

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 20:27 - Aug 26 by jacksfullaces

no idea, been out all day, I was referencing the white noise on here.

my analysis doesn't tend to be partic deep but I found our first 2 performances ponderous and I'm waiting to get a sense of what the new direction of travel is.

the issue we will also now have to obfuscate will be the sell of piroe so everyone who was excited about us doing transfer business early will no doubt be shouting about the owners again.

with them, as long as they don't ruin us off the pitch I can't get too worked up even if their ambition does not match the fans, jenkins did sell us a bit of a duff on that score, but all water under the bridge now.

Fair enough. I interpreted your previous post as Duff harping on about the previous fella. Didn’t realise you meant fans on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 00:27 - Aug 27 with 1168 viewsmax936

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 20:31 - Aug 26 by QJumpingJack

It is a huge week ahead for Watson and our half a dozen owners.
The squad needs improving.

We are becoming less attractive to loan players due to our poor start.

Half a dozen owners and the rest, we got more hangers on than there are apples on a tree
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 10:41]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 09:51 - Aug 27 with 987 viewsTenbySwan

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 00:27 - Aug 27 by max936

Half a dozen owners and the rest, we got more hangers on than there are apples on a tree
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 10:41]

The reality is they will all be expecting a 'wedge' for their investment.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 9:52]
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 10:39 - Aug 27 with 937 viewsmax936

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 09:51 - Aug 27 by TenbySwan

The reality is they will all be expecting a 'wedge' for their investment.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 9:52]

Midfield needs sorting, there's no balance in there, Grimes, Fulton and Joey are all very similar in their play, need a player in there who can get the best out of the youngsters who have come in, there's also a drastic need for pace in several area's of the first 11, 13 even!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 10:52 - Aug 27 with 933 viewsonehunglow

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 10:39 - Aug 27 by max936

Midfield needs sorting, there's no balance in there, Grimes, Fulton and Joey are all very similar in their play, need a player in there who can get the best out of the youngsters who have come in, there's also a drastic need for pace in several area's of the first 11, 13 even!

Dropping Grimes to the bench will,imo,be a revelation.
He has always been selected no matter what and everything goes through him.
It’s actually not fair on him

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 11:39 - Aug 27 with 878 viewsWhiterockin

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 10:52 - Aug 27 by onehunglow

Dropping Grimes to the bench will,imo,be a revelation.
He has always been selected no matter what and everything goes through him.
It’s actually not fair on him

He won't be dropped after signing a new contract, we need to work the others around him.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 12:14 - Aug 27 with 827 viewstheloneranger

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:38 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

I agree, they didn't up their game we coasted too long and duff didn't change it early enough.

Massive positive way lola the Ukrainian, made two good chances our of fire pipes all, when he gets upto speed we have a great attacking option.

This post has been edited by an administrator

They changed their formation, and Duff did nothing to counteract it - and we're not good enough to coast games when we're only 1 goal up.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 12:49 - Aug 27 with 809 viewsRichardO

Think most of us think something is wrong with the team at the moment whether it be a lack of fluidity, poor defending, unbalanced, think Duff can see most of the problem but how does he counter those problems. Is he able to use Allen's undoubted influence and experience which he seems reluctant to do so but who know the extent of Allen's injury issues, Key is playing out of position but seems to keep his performance high in relation to the team, if we start using our left foot players where would you move Key,.
Not right yet, hope things can progress favorable soon.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 12:52 - Aug 27 with 808 viewsFireboy2

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 12:14 - Aug 27 by theloneranger

They changed their formation, and Duff did nothing to counteract it - and we're not good enough to coast games when we're only 1 goal up.

Scary really, I'm quite surprised that duff didn't counteract the change, someone posted earlier that cullen was signalling to duff about the change and key was struggling on his own but duff did nothing.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 13:09 - Aug 27 with 773 viewsKeithHaynes

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 12:52 - Aug 27 by Fireboy2

Scary really, I'm quite surprised that duff didn't counteract the change, someone posted earlier that cullen was signalling to duff about the change and key was struggling on his own but duff did nothing.

It was in the review this morning, it was very evident. Wood was doing the same.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 14:00 - Aug 27 with 737 viewsonehunglow

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 11:39 - Aug 27 by Whiterockin

He won't be dropped after signing a new contract, we need to work the others around him.

With Davies coming in,he might be .

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024