Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 07:07 - Aug 21 with 13238 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s the fourth match day brief of the season, the Swans still search for their first win.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60718/no-more-piroe--so-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60726/swans-with-a-key-s

Preston North End: Freddie Woodman, Liam Lindsay, Will Keane, Alan Browne (captain), Mads Frokjaer, Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Ledson, Duane Holmes, Kian Best, Brad Potts.

Substitutes: Dai Cornell, Greg Cunningham, Patrick Bauer, Ali McCann, Ben Woodburn, Felipe Rodriguez-Gentile, Jack Whatmough, Noah Mawene, Josh Seary.

Swansea City: Carl Rushworth, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood; Harrison Ashby, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Charlie Patino, Josh Key; Jerry Yates, Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Joe Allen, Jamie Paterson, Brandon Cooper, Mykola Kuharevich, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve, Azeem Abdulai.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 16:57 - Aug 26 with 1982 viewsunion_jack

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 16:53 - Aug 26 by onehunglow

It's not exactly encouraging

There’s no incisiveness in our play. It’s slow and laboured and we are son condensed at times, trying to play ourselves out of trouble.

I understand that this has been ingrained in them for a few years but it’s not getting any better.

We need pace out on the wings. Key, as good as he is can only really come b@ck inside. I don’t think he got much return going behind the defender,

I’m not panicking yet, far from it but we need to see some improvement in our approach and soon.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 16:59 - Aug 26 with 1958 viewsjeza739

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 16:32 - Aug 26 by onehunglow

That is madness and rather concerning
When all said and done all three of our CBS can be weak especially Darling
Quite why did we bring him in

Coz that clown of ex manager signed him along with the worst keeper in living memory
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:04 - Aug 26 with 1864 viewsmax936

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 16:57 - Aug 26 by union_jack

There’s no incisiveness in our play. It’s slow and laboured and we are son condensed at times, trying to play ourselves out of trouble.

I understand that this has been ingrained in them for a few years but it’s not getting any better.

We need pace out on the wings. Key, as good as he is can only really come b@ck inside. I don’t think he got much return going behind the defender,

I’m not panicking yet, far from it but we need to see some improvement in our approach and soon.

Good post, but how easy was it for them to score those two goals, we went 1 up and then just coasted through the game, Duff needs to sort our game plan out and especially our defending, although we looked reasonably comfortable in defence until they upped their game.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:12 - Aug 26 with 1791 viewsAnotherJohn

Two from a possible 12 points now. Perhaps we will see signings that improve our situation, but at the moment we have work to do to even achieve a mid-table finish. Are the optimists starting to lower their expectations?
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:14 - Aug 26 with 1726 viewsonehunglow

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 16:59 - Aug 26 by jeza739

Coz that clown of ex manager signed him along with the worst keeper in living memory

His legacy really.
Players still trapped inside with slow ponderous meaningless way of playing football.
The damage is considerable
Uncomfortable for some to swallow but

Grimes is the huge problem as he is seen as irreplaceable when really he should be the first to be.
We have become brainwashed and conditioned to accept his grotesque slow sideways backwards no shooting way of playing football.

Wood frankly cannot seriously be worth 1 million sterling . He commands nothing .
Cabango ,I’m sorry,has been ruined by Martin .
Darling is possibly as bad a buy as Fishy
It’s not a case of not moving on either Lifey ,more a case of pointing out a manager completely trashing players and lauding others ,who now are seen for what they are . Crap.

Over

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:18 - Aug 26 with 1713 viewsswan65split

is popcorn dear? I think we are going to need a lot. dear oh dear.

pressures on with only a week left.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:21 - Aug 26 with 1686 viewsdantheswansman

We are far too slow, may as well just point to where they are about to pass to make it even easier, i see good things but not often enough
That big Ukraine is going to be amazing for us this season, i just have that feeling, heard it here first, an absolute baller watch and see
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:22 - Aug 26 with 1683 viewshobo

Thought we were decent today, and unlucky to lose. Not easy when your main striker is sold in the days before the match. Definitely something to build on, and lots of room for improvement too
Login to get fewer ads

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:22 - Aug 26 with 1677 viewsBryanSwan

All i want is 4 at the back, fed up with it now.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:24 - Aug 26 with 1665 viewsjack247

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:12 - Aug 26 by AnotherJohn

Two from a possible 12 points now. Perhaps we will see signings that improve our situation, but at the moment we have work to do to even achieve a mid-table finish. Are the optimists starting to lower their expectations?

Yes. Same again next week and I’m writing it off as a consolidation/transition season.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:25 - Aug 26 with 1662 viewsunion_jack

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:22 - Aug 26 by hobo

Thought we were decent today, and unlucky to lose. Not easy when your main striker is sold in the days before the match. Definitely something to build on, and lots of room for improvement too

Well it’s all about opinions I suppose. But…!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:34 - Aug 26 with 1597 viewsTreforys_Jack

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:22 - Aug 26 by hobo

Fair play to you hobo, think you've got my share of optimism.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:37 - Aug 26 with 1568 viewsTreforys_Jack

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:22 - Aug 26 by BryanSwan

All i want is 4 at the back, fed up with it now.

Same here, all these managers trying to be clever, 442, 451 or 433 pls, proper wingers who can take a man on or effectively move you 50yds up the field.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:38 - Aug 26 with 1558 viewsFireboy2

I agree, they didn't up their game we coasted too long and duff didn't change it early enough.

Massive positive way lola the Ukrainian, made two good chances our of fire pipes all, when he gets upto speed we have a great attacking option.

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:42 - Aug 26 with 1526 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:38 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

I agree, they didn't up their game we coasted too long and duff didn't change it early enough.

Massive positive way lola the Ukrainian, made two good chances our of fire pipes all, when he gets upto speed we have a great attacking option.

Yes, agianst Northampton he looked like a decent prospect, some good signs today, he is a bit of a hot head so expect a few cards!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:44 - Aug 26 with 1514 viewsFireboy2

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:42 - Aug 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, agianst Northampton he looked like a decent prospect, some good signs today, he is a bit of a hot head so expect a few cards!

I like hotheads, his markers are going to be waking up the day after and the day after very sore.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:47 - Aug 26 with 1496 viewsTreforys_Jack

Really angry and disappointed by that performance.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:48 - Aug 26 with 1497 viewsBryanSwan

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:37 - Aug 26 by Treforys_Jack

Same here, all these managers trying to be clever, 442, 451 or 433 pls, proper wingers who can take a man on or effectively move you 50yds up the field.

We've got 3 centre halves who struggle to progress with the ball at feet, a rightback playing on the left and 2 sitting midfielders in Grimes and Fulton. In effect we've got 7 defensively minded players on the park. Useless.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:55 - Aug 26 with 1431 viewsdantheswansman

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:24 - Aug 26 by jack247

Yes. Same again next week and I’m writing it off as a consolidation/transition season.

That's exactify what it will be, monumental changes at the club
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 18:27 - Aug 26 with 1261 viewsshingle

Must have been easy before we sold our main striker then.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 18:42 - Aug 26 with 1209 viewsguthrieintherain

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 16:57 - Aug 26 by union_jack

Letting in easy goals and creating very little not a good combination.
Early days but the signs are not good at all.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 18:47 - Aug 26 with 1168 viewsTreforys_Jack

Heard 2 callers on call Rob both slamming Nathan Wood, that's pretty unfair to be honest, thought he did okay and certainly no worse than Ben or Harry D, easy target because he's unsettled.
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 18:47 - Aug 26 with 1169 viewsWhiterockin

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 18:42 - Aug 26 by guthrieintherain

Letting in easy goals and creating very little not a good combination.
Early days but the signs are not good at all.

Hopefully things will improve quickly
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:00 - Aug 26 with 1102 viewsTreforys_Jack

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 18:47 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

Hopefully things will improve quickly

Amen to that
Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 19:03 - Aug 26 with 1097 viewsjack247

Preston North End v Swansea City Match day thread 23/24 on 17:55 - Aug 26 by dantheswansman

That's exactify what it will be, monumental changes at the club

I know. We just seem to have them too often! This would be our third or fourth since relegation.

I thought Duff would do well. He’s proving me wrong so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024