Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture 18:40 - Sep 16 with 5248 viewsSouthamptonfan

Brighton are well run from the very top. It doesn't matter who manages the team - they succeed, no matter what. The culture is just right from top to bottom. Bloom loves his club and ensures it succeeds.

Man United with the Glaziers. It doesn't matter who is manager, be it Champions League winners, Premier League winning managers, they just can't get it together.
Ten Hag is one of the most successful managers in the world. So why isn't it working there? It's the owners, the messages, the direction.

Everton - again they just can't get it right, even appointing top managers on the recent past like Koeman, Dyche etc.

There are many other examples. Saints just can't get it right can they. We got rid of various directors like Semmens and now have Jason Wilcox who is highly recommended. Yet, nothing changes. The ownership, the ambition, the direction, the plans just arn't right. Until we replace these naive owners with stupid ideas,.with one sinister intention to make money for themselves (and the players know it) nothing will change. Selling £180 million pounds worth of talent to bring in a few non committed loan players? The fans will realise who the ultimate problem are at this club soon, I hope.

I was highly unimpressed with RM's comments last night. But let's remember JW is his boss and tells him he has to play a possession game, encourages it and expects it and the owners appointed the two of them because that's what they whey want too. The owners have totally destroyed this club.

Contrast this with what happened when Marcus (RIP) took control of our club. It was success all the way back to the top.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 18:49]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 17:08 - Sep 17 with 1228 viewsWinchesterExile

This club won’t progress until Kraft and Ankerson are gone. They’re tarnished from last year’s debacle and forever will be. Andy Young the independent director has a role to play here. If he wanted to, he could play the role of the fans voice on the Board. He could be underlining the fans mood to Dragan and get Dragan to act. As soon as those two cretins have gone potentially the board can be strengthened and rational decisions made.

Having said that I just don’t have faith in SRs business model. Buying a stable of unconnected mediocre clubs doesn’t make any sense to me. Potentially there’s resource and knowledge to be shared but they aren’t doing that so what the fu*ck are SR doing? What’s their plan? This has to be one of the worst lows in the clubs history and no one I know has any faith that the current board or owners know what to do.

SACK THE BOARD !
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:22 - Sep 17 with 1164 viewsgrumpy

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 16:45 - Sep 17 by 1teeminants

The point is good players and good managers won’t stay at Brighton.

They don't seemed to have fared that badly after Potter and Curcurrella departures.
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:34 - Sep 17 with 1146 views1885_SFC

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 17:08 - Sep 17 by WinchesterExile

This club won’t progress until Kraft and Ankerson are gone. They’re tarnished from last year’s debacle and forever will be. Andy Young the independent director has a role to play here. If he wanted to, he could play the role of the fans voice on the Board. He could be underlining the fans mood to Dragan and get Dragan to act. As soon as those two cretins have gone potentially the board can be strengthened and rational decisions made.

Having said that I just don’t have faith in SRs business model. Buying a stable of unconnected mediocre clubs doesn’t make any sense to me. Potentially there’s resource and knowledge to be shared but they aren’t doing that so what the fu*ck are SR doing? What’s their plan? This has to be one of the worst lows in the clubs history and no one I know has any faith that the current board or owners know what to do.

SACK THE BOARD !

SR are chancers - pure and simple.

Everybody keeps going on about the amount of money they invested in January in a failed bid to avoid relegation. But what's the point of throwing tens of millions at a club if the clowns actually running it don't know how to run a bloody football club?

I'm hoping the penny drops for Dragan sooner rather than later and he comes to his senses.

Old School is Cool

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 20:36 - Sep 17 with 1097 viewsTripleNiemi

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:22 - Sep 17 by grumpy

They don't seemed to have fared that badly after Potter and Curcurrella departures.

We didn’t after Poch left…….

Sadly once Koeman departed it all went to rat shït. Yes we got to a final with Puel but the rot was already then in full flow……
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 20:39]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:07 - Sep 17 with 1026 viewshedgeend61

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 19:22 - Sep 17 by grumpy

They've replaced Potter with a better manager, and have decent players, that's why, it's not that difficult.
As soon as they lose their manager, and they will, and lose more of their better players, they'll struggle.
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:29 - Sep 17 with 999 views1teeminants

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:07 - Sep 17 by hedgeend61

They've replaced Potter with a better manager, and have decent players, that's why, it's not that difficult.
As soon as they lose their manager, and they will, and lose more of their better players, they'll struggle.

Yep spot on mate.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 00:07 - Sep 18 with 948 viewsSFC_Referee

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:56 - Sep 16 by PatfromPoole

They are doing far more than OK……

They keep replacing players with better ones.

They have beaten United four times on the trot in the Prem.

Not many other clubs have ever done that.

Ok and we were the ones beating Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool quite often back then, and we wee buggering up all their seasons quite often for them both in cups and leagues. But like I said before, we did all that when we had those top quality players, but once they all left, we couldn’t get those results anymore, and I’m sure Brighton will be the ones loosing to United 4 games on the trot within the next few years unless some Middle Eastern country ends up buying them

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 00:10 - Sep 18 with 947 viewsSFC_Referee

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 08:57 - Sep 17 by saintwizzler

And people said Gao was bad…

Well tbf he did start all this, as it was after he took over that we took a major drop off from challenging to Europe to challenging to stay up. As I’m not saying SR have been amazing so far, but I don’t think we’d of gone down if they’d taken over when Gao had, whilst I don’t think it mattered who took over when they did, as unless we were gonna be spending loads like Newcastle did, we were always gonna be struggling

Login to get fewer ads

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 00:20 - Sep 18 with 944 viewsgrumpy

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 22:29 - Sep 17 by 1teeminants

Yep spot on mate.

'spot on mate' !!!
Its not rocket science that losing good managers and players is not good for any club.
Its how you address the problem and if Brighton do what we have they will struggle that's for sure, but you don't know that is going to happen.Time will tell on that score.
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 06:55 - Sep 18 with 912 viewssaintwizzler

Gao started what?
Under his ownership we stayed up.
Sports Republic have come in employed two useless managers in Jones and Selles and bought a load of kids plus panic buys.
Ever since they have bought the club it’s been on a downward spiral.

My point is Gao got heavily criticised for his time here and no one seems to question Sports Republic.

They are to blame for the demise of Southampton Football Club.
Hopefully Russell Martin can get his head out of his arse, go back to basics and get a few positive results or things are going to get very bad, very quick.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 08:28 - Sep 18 with 864 viewskernow

In a perverse kind of way, the quicker it gets worse the better. Anything to speed up the departure of the current regime.
Any minted Saints fans out there who fancy a new challenge when they are retired from their present employment??
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 08:40 - Sep 18 with 849 views1teeminants

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 00:20 - Sep 18 by grumpy

'spot on mate' !!!
Its not rocket science that losing good managers and players is not good for any club.
Its how you address the problem and if Brighton do what we have they will struggle that's for sure, but you don't know that is going to happen.Time will tell on that score.

So you’re saying Brighton are going to become some sort of super power in England are you ffs.? They’re no different than us and where we were under poch and Koeman. it’s not if they lose players and current manager it’s when and not all replacements will work out. Most people get that.It’s not difficult.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 08:45 - Sep 18 with 841 viewsgrumpy

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 08:40 - Sep 18 by 1teeminants

So you’re saying Brighton are going to become some sort of super power in England are you ffs.? They’re no different than us and where we were under poch and Koeman. it’s not if they lose players and current manager it’s when and not all replacements will work out. Most people get that.It’s not difficult.

Where do I suggest Brighton will become a Super Power?
Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 10:41 - Sep 18 with 791 viewsSFC_Referee

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 06:55 - Sep 18 by saintwizzler

Gao started what?
Under his ownership we stayed up.
Sports Republic have come in employed two useless managers in Jones and Selles and bought a load of kids plus panic buys.
Ever since they have bought the club it’s been on a downward spiral.

My point is Gao got heavily criticised for his time here and no one seems to question Sports Republic.

They are to blame for the demise of Southampton Football Club.
Hopefully Russell Martin can get his head out of his arse, go back to basics and get a few positive results or things are going to get very bad, very quick.

We might have stayed up, but only by the skin of our teeth! As even then, we’d of certainly gone down last season if SR hadn’t come, so as much as SR weren’t amazing, they just couldn’t stop what all started under Gao. As you don’t just go from challenging for Europe to a relegation scrap outta nowhere when the levels of investment and quality in the team take such a major blow

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 10:50 - Sep 18 with 782 viewssaintwizzler

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 10:41 - Sep 18 by SFC_Referee

We might have stayed up, but only by the skin of our teeth! As even then, we’d of certainly gone down last season if SR hadn’t come, so as much as SR weren’t amazing, they just couldn’t stop what all started under Gao. As you don’t just go from challenging for Europe to a relegation scrap outta nowhere when the levels of investment and quality in the team take such a major blow

Crikey.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 11:14 - Sep 18 with 768 viewsPatfromPoole

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 10:41 - Sep 18 by SFC_Referee

I refer you to Saintwizzler’s post showing the cost of the Brighton XI which played at Old Trafford on Saturday……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 17:08 - Sep 18 with 678 viewsSFC_Referee

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 11:14 - Sep 18 by PatfromPoole

I refer you to Saintwizzler’s post showing the cost of the Brighton XI which played at Old Trafford on Saturday……

And I’m sure that if you looked at how much our squads cost from back when we had Potch and Koeman, it would be a very similar situation. As sorry but you can’t seriously be thinking that they’ll be challenging for the title and cups over the next few years without any money, aka the exact opposite of what Newcastle are doing which is exactly why they’ll have opposite outcomes within like 5/6 years time

Toxic Environment / Toxic Owners / Toxic culture on 23:47 - Sep 19 with 544 viewsSouthamptonfan

It won't matter who the manager is and hasn't since Sport Republic took charge. Look at Selles thriving in a new club. Selling all our best players to make money, so they can buy more clubs is a p!ss take. The players know it, the fans know it, they will destroy this football club. I've been saying it since they took over. There is no ambition to do what it takes to get back to the Premier League and progress. They want to do it on the cheap and just make money for themselves. The messages are all wrong. There is nothing for the players get enthused about. We will end up in league two with these owners and every yes man manager they appoint, we will want out. Ultimately, the owners are destroying our club and things will get a lot worse. Some fans just can't see it yet, thinking the next manager will change everything. He won't, not under these same owners.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 23:51]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024