Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win 22:55 - Oct 13 with 4076 viewsdurham_exile

However abject BG’s U’s were last week (and they weren’t even that good) they have to dust themselves off and go again at the New Lawn in Nailsworth on Saturday.

One of Wessex’ easier games travel wise and his neighbour is the groundsman, so enjoy the game and bring back the three points.

David Horseman is the manager and he has evergreen Troy Deeney a youthful 35 at his disposal. The deranged Dale Vince who gets more and more outrageous each week is presiding over a club in freefall. It is up to the U’s to put more nails in their eco-friendly coffin.

Don’t forget vegan food only at the New Lawn.

I have been once to the New Lawn; we won 2-1 that day and scored after about 20 seconds.
BG has promised wholesale changes but I honestly don’t see it. We still have Kells, Lawrence, Iandolo, Edwards and Akinde out. Read has another two games of his ban to serve and Harry Beadle has gone out on loan. Goodman is away on England duty and played in goal for the 2-0 defeat to Romania.

Tom Dallison is back though.

So, a slightly changed team and formation 4,3,1,2:

Smith

Egbo Mitchell Hall Dallison

Fevrier McGeehan Lowe

Chilvers

Taylor Tovide

Subs
Hornby Greenidge Bandeira Mingi Cooper Ihionvien Hopper

The surprise inclusion (some might say) of Ryan Lowe is long overdue. I saw Lowe at Newcastle in the Youth Cup and he ran the midfield. A tall, skilful and physical presence who deserves his opportunity.

So, four at the back to strengthen the defence. Kazeem dropped. Chilvers is at the last chance saloon. His penalty from last week is still rising and threatens a number of satellites.

At least we should be able to welcome back Kells and Lawrence soon and hopefully Edwards for the Harrogate game. Frankly after the Spurs result we would be well advised to play the U21 against Cambridge. That ship (the EFL Trophy) has sailed and it is all about climbing the league table quickly.

Morecambe was embarrassing and this inconsistency must be nipped in the bud and BG must stop these post-match statements decrying the players who “went off script and did their own thing.” He sounds more like Ten Hag every week.

Weather in Nailsworth is likely to be dry, 13 degrees Celsius and partly sunny. Ideal conditions for mid-October in Gloucestershire.

Doncaster 12 11
COL U 11 10
Tranmere 12 10
Sutton 12 7
FGR 12 7

We are now a quarter of the way through the season and the need to pull away from the bottom of the table is more and more pressing.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Don’t forget Exiles the game is on iFollow for £10.

Enjoy the game.

Oh, and the scoreline 2-0 to the Super U’s Taylor and Fevrier.

Tickets ordered for the Grimsby (Tuesday night!) and Accrington (who are they) games

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 16:45 - Oct 14 with 1150 viewsthrillseeker

Looking forward to the bollox Garner will spout after the game
Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 16:55 - Oct 14 with 1117 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 16:45 - Oct 14 by thrillseeker

Looking forward to the bollox Garner will spout after the game

TS I think he has to go after this debacle.

5-0

Nothing more to say

Durham_exile

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:09 - Oct 14 with 1061 viewsCrashBandicoot

2 words:

GARNER OUT!!!

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:16 - Oct 14 with 1045 viewsgerry_us

....and another one. Who saw 0-5 coming.
Still, we have a game in hand
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 17:17]
Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:18 - Oct 14 with 1037 viewsLeadbelly

Outside bottom two on goals scored. This is looking grim…again.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:23 - Oct 14 with 1009 viewsCrashBandicoot

That'll be against Swindon - won't win that unless BG goes & Cristiano Ronaldo gets fed up with the Middle East decides he likes Colchester...
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 17:24]

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:23 - Oct 14 with 1007 viewsburnsieespana

Shocking.
Garner out.
Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:33 - Oct 14 with 977 viewsnoah4x4

Some nasty verbal exchanges between some fans and players after a brave Egbo came across to apologise for the performance. Garner has lost the fans and (I suspect) lost the dressing room. I am afraid it’s time he lost his job before it’s too late.
Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:41 - Oct 14 with 963 viewsbwildered

The Nomementum tour continues.

Changes by BG stated last week, playing against ten Morecambe managed to stick to a disciplined display.
Sadly do we deserve a league place after how many years bungling in the lower reaches ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:43 - Oct 14 with 957 viewsCrashBandicoot

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:33 - Oct 14 by noah4x4

Some nasty verbal exchanges between some fans and players after a brave Egbo came across to apologise for the performance. Garner has lost the fans and (I suspect) lost the dressing room. I am afraid it’s time he lost his job before it’s too late.

I think he'll be gone between now & Monday. RC is stupid if he keeps him on.

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:46 - Oct 14 with 951 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:33 - Oct 14 by noah4x4

With our lift waiting outside, and at 4-0, when the board went up for 8 added minutes, I said to Alfie “come on, let’s go”
“But Dad, you never leave early!”
He was right, we stayed.
Two minutes later, we left.
That was shocking on every level, and FGR weren’t that much better until the red card, and then they just took us apart. I still want to believe in what Ben Garner is trying to achieve, but I reckon he’s run out of time.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:46 - Oct 14 with 951 viewsCrashBandicoot

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:41 - Oct 14 by bwildered

The Nomementum tour continues.

Changes by BG stated last week, playing against ten Morecambe managed to stick to a disciplined display.
Sadly do we deserve a league place after how many years bungling in the lower reaches ?

We have decent team for the most part but the management are terrible. Surely someone like the Cowley brothers should take over management and all our mismanagement team (Garner, Ball, Hadjalko & Embleton) need to go

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:58 - Oct 14 with 933 viewswessex_exile

Incidentally, poor Tom Smith has just had to pick the ball out of his net ten times in two games, and I’m not 100% certain any of them were down to him?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:59 - Oct 14 with 931 viewsnoah4x4

Is Jamie Cureton from Maldon & Tiptree a likely candidate?
Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 18:07 - Oct 14 with 915 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:59 - Oct 14 by noah4x4

Is Jamie Cureton from Maldon & Tiptree a likely candidate?

Having a singalong on the way home Noah?
Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 18:13 - Oct 14 with 908 viewsWitham

Taylor by own admission after half time was NOT injured and had not taken a knock.
Hopper had one of his best games this season Kazeem looks lost defensively.
We have no senior players providing guidance to our willing youngsters.
Today was like watching a car crash - one that you would not expect a manager to survive.
Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 19:02 - Oct 14 with 836 viewsbwildered

BEN Garner bemoaned a ‘lack of professionalism’ from his Colchester United side after they crashed to a 5-0 defeat at Forest Green Rovers this afternoon.

Professionalism is that’s what it’s called . Incompetence could also be used .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 19:17 - Oct 14 with 824 viewsCrashBandicoot

He claims lack of professionalism, yet him & Embleton brought in a load of youngsters during the transfer window. If that isn't the definition of bad workmen blaming their tools I don't know what is...

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 00:04 - Oct 15 with 681 viewsdurham_exile

It was bad enough watching on iFollow let alone actually being there.

Probably the worst game I've seen since Morecambe last week.

Time to change the manager again.

Discipline is the worst that I have seen in over 52 years of supporting the U's.

An experienced manager is needed.

We can't afford Sparky's suits perhaps Neil Harris is the answer.

Grim times indeed.

At least Lawrence, Kells and Edwards will be available soon.

BG has tried and failed.

Losing today was total humiliation.

FGR are awful and yet they steamrollered us second half.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 10:26 - Oct 15 with 573 viewsnoah4x4

There is a distinct lack of leadership on the pitch (Mitchell excepted). Like England on Friday, the U’s played as if they had only just met. Even before the dismissal, the gaps between our players were huge, hence passes too ambitious, with no clear partnerships working between any of our player groups.

Goalkeeper Smith received most passes from our defence and vaguely hoofed it (often out of play) as there were few easy outlet balls. FGR were two yards faster. To play like Manchester City out from the back requires mobility of athletic players and our midfield is noticeably lazy, whilst Chilvers bottles every 50/50 encounter. The ironic fan cheers when he was replaced said everything. Perhaps no longer one of our own with his heart elsewhere? Once Mingi was rightfully dismissed, it just got worse. Our goals conceded column is ridiculous. Let’s not forget the thrashing by Spurs U21. Read is a huge absence and Hopper a waste of a shirt, and watching this bollox a waste of my money.
Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 14:53 - Oct 15 with 504 viewsburnsieespana

Difference to last Saturday we played against 10 and lost badly yesterday FGR played against 10 and thrashed us.
Garner didn't seem to want experience so let them go and even this season Newby gone our on loan. Talks a good story but needs to start walking the walk otherwise we are done for this season and maybe with justification.
Although he did well at Swindon some fans warned us we
Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 15:25 - Oct 15 with 493 viewsdurham_exile

Wessex Richard Blaxall has captured you amongst the faithful at Nailsworth yesterday.

A tough watch for the U's fans both at the game and on iFollow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 10:36 - Oct 16 with 392 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 17:58 - Oct 14 by wessex_exile

Incidentally, poor Tom Smith has just had to pick the ball out of his net ten times in two games, and I’m not 100% certain any of them were down to him?

I think he should've saved at least two of the five on Saturday. Don't know about any of the other five from the Tottenham fiasco.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 10:46 - Oct 16 with 389 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Just seen the goals again and the defending is atrocious on every single one. Mistake after mistake after mistake. We didn't make them work for a single goal.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 10:51]

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 10:52 - Oct 16 with 384 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to go green for the day and return to a welcome Away win on 19:17 - Oct 14 by CrashBandicoot

He claims lack of professionalism, yet him & Embleton brought in a load of youngsters during the transfer window. If that isn't the definition of bad workmen blaming their tools I don't know what is...

Iandolo - 26
Egbo - 26
McGeehan - 28
Edwards - 22
Mingi - 22

All these players have experience of playing at a higher level.

Nearly every loanee is from a Premier League or Championship club.

Don't forget that we've been missing Iandolo (26), Dallison (27), Kelleher (27) and Akinde (34) for most of the season due to injury and we also sold arguably our best player in the transfer window. I think if everyone was fit the team would look quite different to how it currently does. For me the biggest issue, in terms of recruitment, is that we haven't signed an Skuse/Ashley type player and they're so important in modern day football.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024