Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 18:07 - Nov 15 with 5247 viewsBoundy

What ever happens they can never take away the memories ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Laudrup on 18:18 - Nov 15 with 3942 viewsWhiterockin

I will never forget the fans forum where he was introduced and he said. It is virtually impossible for a club our size to win the league, but we can win a cup. The rest is history, thanks for some of my greatest footballing memories.
Laudrup on 19:10 - Nov 15 with 3884 viewsAnotherJohn

It was a wonderful time. We had other good managers during our rise to the EPL, but for me only the first Tosh season in the old First Division can really compare. How sad that Michael's tenure with us ended as it did.
Laudrup on 19:17 - Nov 15 with 3868 viewsKeithHaynes

No Welsh club side has ever come close.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Laudrup on 19:52 - Nov 15 with 3827 viewspembsjack

Privilege to witness such special times at the club. I live in hope that we will come close to replicating it again sometime,.
Laudrup on 20:25 - Nov 15 with 3796 viewsangryjack

Greatest manager we have had that includes tosh in my eyes..
Laudrup on 20:34 - Nov 15 with 3784 viewspencoedjack

Laudrup on 20:25 - Nov 15 by angryjack

I concur 👍
Laudrup on 20:35 - Nov 15 with 3777 viewsReslovenSwan1

Laudrup on 19:17 - Nov 15 by KeithHaynes

No Welsh club side has ever come close.

Cardiff City lost in the FA cup final to Portsmouth in 2008 and lost to Liverpool 2-2 (3-2 on penalties. They are Welsh and to lose on penalties is pretty close to be fair to them.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Laudrup on 20:40 - Nov 15 with 3770 viewsFireboy2

Laudrup on 20:35 - Nov 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Cardiff City lost in the FA cup final to Portsmouth in 2008 and lost to Liverpool 2-2 (3-2 on penalties. They are Welsh and to lose on penalties is pretty close to be fair to them.

Do not feed the troll
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 20:40 - Nov 15 with 3770 viewsWhiterockin

But they are still losers, the size of the loss is immaterial. When they win a cup in a supporters lifetime and have major wins in Europe the following season we can start to talk about them.
Laudrup on 20:43 - Nov 15 with 3760 viewsBoundy

So you think that's a comparison?

Laudrup on 21:16 - Nov 15 with 3709 viewsFireboy2

Laudrup on 20:40 - Nov 15 by Whiterockin

But they are still losers, the size of the loss is immaterial. When they win a cup in a supporters lifetime and have major wins in Europe the following season we can start to talk about them.

No one remembers lovers WR 😉
Laudrup on 21:26 - Nov 15 with 3696 viewsKeithHaynes

Winning is key.

Did they play a premier league side on route to both of those finals ?
I don’t think they did when they got to the 2008 fa cup final. Their route was a very easy one.

As was the league cup when they again lost.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Laudrup on 21:27 - Nov 15 with 3694 viewsQJumpingJack

and they bottled the play off final vs Blackpool.
Laudrup on 22:40 - Nov 15 with 3606 viewslifelong

Laudrup on 20:25 - Nov 15 by angryjack

I have to go for Tosh, the way he took us through the leagues as player manager and manager will be very difficult to replicate, imho.
That’s not to say I didn’t thoroughly enjoy the Laudrup period.
Laudrup on 22:53 - Nov 15 with 3595 viewsBoundy

Laudrup on 22:40 - Nov 15 by lifelong

I have to go for Tosh, the way he took us through the leagues as player manager and manager will be very difficult to replicate, imho.

Same for me , a Club which previously yo yo'd between the leagues then gain successive promotions in the manner we did it has to be a dreams most Clubs have never achieved,
Laudrup's tenure was a perfect storm , with manager ,players and circumstance aligned to provide us with such memories and if a person such as man who's status in world football deems it as his greatest success then who am I to argue

Laudrup on 22:55 - Nov 15 with 3594 viewsmax936

Laudrup on 22:40 - Nov 15 by lifelong

Absolutely Lifey.

Martinez, Brendan and Laudrup did a wonderful job here, as much as I'm not keen on Martinez to say the least, he deserves some credit in our rise.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Laudrup on 00:49 - Nov 16 with 3547 viewsRobbie

My daughter had a part time job in a store , Swansea Marina , Laudrups wife called in on a regular basis , It seems she was a lovely women and customer , nice one already .

There again Sven and Leicester City were staying at the Marriot Hotel prior to a game , he walked into the shop earlier , she had no idea who he was , bought his paper and left .
A workmate later told her who he was .

As mentioned earlier , great managers have come and gone for whatever reasons .

How do you compare Laudrup , her favourite call , to Tosh , back to Harry Griffiths .

Loved the trip to the Cup Final day , brilliant occasion , but Managers come and go .
Laudrup on 10:26 - Nov 16 with 3445 views1983

The present quickly becomes the past I can't honestly see us going back up anytime soon.I was hoping we would turn into a Burnley WBA kind of club always flirting with promotion with the odd promotion back up.These passengers as I call them now have no ambition to see us honestly pushing for the top flight they are happy bouncing around in this league with a hardcore crowd of 14-15k and creaming off the top now and then when the kind of Piroe player comes and goes.A shame as we really were the darlings of the game for those couple of seasons

Laudrup on 11:50 - Nov 16 with 3410 views1983

Just finished watching welcome to Wrexham and I remember those tears and pinch myself moments that they are going through now. I went to as many Premiership games home and away as I could, Wembley and 4 Europe away trips and remember thinking suck it up now because it won't last. I would still take that little snap shot of joy than manufacturerd expectancy of years of being on top like the Manchester clubs,Liverpool...etc

Laudrup on 16:27 - Nov 16 with 3311 viewsReslovenSwan1

Laudrup on 21:26 - Nov 15 by KeithHaynes

Winning is key.

Did they play a premier league side on route to both of those finals ?
I don’t think they did when they got to the 2008 fa cup final. Their route was a very easy one.

As was the league cup when they again lost.

This post has been edited by an administrator

There are no reason not to enjoy Cardiff loses but factually they did go 'penalty shootout close' to beating Liverpool not Bradford.

One can wish them all the worst but still acknowledge their glorious failures.

I still believe that there was a reasonable chance the before 'Charlie Morgan's intervention' Swansea might have lost. to Chelsea. It was a legendary moment n Swansea's history.

Swansea TV need to do a "meet up at the Lighthouse with Charlie and Mihael". Both are entrepreneurs in fermented refreshments.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 16:28]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Laudrup on 17:19 - Nov 16 with 3280 viewsKeithHaynes

We beat Chelsea fair and square over two games.

Cardiff played nobody on their way to the final.

The Swans beat Chelsea and Liverpool ( Swans under strength ) away. Cardiff would not have achieved that had they had ten goes.

Laudrup on 17:33 - Nov 16 with 3275 viewsdantheswansman

The team he put together was one of the best i have ever seen for the Swans, was a joy to watch them, never felt like the underdogs and shutting up the bigger sides was awesome, he did run Michu into the ground but i can forgive him that for everything else he brought
Laudrup on 18:05 - Nov 16 with 3249 viewsshingle

Our best manager by a mile should have supported him to the hilt but he was not a yes man so was always going to have problems in a club like this.
Laudrup on 20:51 - Nov 16 with 3152 viewsswancity

Toshack is/was the greatest manager in the history of Swansea City. It’s not even close. Certainly not worthy of debate.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Laudrup on 21:07 - Nov 16 with 3143 viewsBoundy

Laudrup on 20:51 - Nov 16 by swancity

Toshack is/was the greatest manager in the history of Swansea City. It’s not even close. Certainly not worthy of debate.

I agree on Tosack but it does deserve debating

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024