Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE 09:12 - Jan 4 with 7218 viewsscruffyjack

Apologies first as this is a non football thread, but I feel so strongly about this that I wanted to share this with people who don’t browse the non football forum.
This woman should be in jail, not being honoured for services to the Post Office. Link to the petition to remove her award below. Thank you.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/strip-paula-vennells-of-her-cbe

This post has been edited by an administrator
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 13:19 - Jan 9 with 1965 viewstheloneranger

https://news.sky.com/story/former-post-office-boss-paula-vennells-to-hand-back-h

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 13:34 - Jan 9 with 1946 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 13:08 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

And she hands it back !

Jumped before pushed, but it is only the start.
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 16:24 - Jan 9 with 1889 viewsswan65split

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 13:34 - Jan 9 by Whiterockin

Hopefully, I just hope its not decided to be the end of the matter, as its beginning to stink , there's more to this than meets the eye I am sure.
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 20:36 - Jan 9 with 1832 viewsSullutaCreturned

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 16:24 - Jan 9 by swan65split

Hopefully, I just hope its not decided to be the end of the matter, as its beginning to stink , there's more to this than meets the eye I am sure.

I have always been sure there's more to it and I also think many of the truly guilty will escape punishment because they have the contacts and at some point the phrase "not in the public interest" will be trotted out.
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 19:43 - Jan 10 with 1705 viewsmax936

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 20:36 - Jan 9 by SullutaCreturned

I have always been sure there's more to it and I also think many of the truly guilty will escape punishment because they have the contacts and at some point the phrase "not in the public interest" will be trotted out.

Not in the public's interest, after 6 people killed themselves through pure desperation after them being a credit to their communities and were professional and honest throughout their post office careers, to suddenly being made to feel like criminals.

Its absolutely scandalous and all these people who made the judgement to do what the did to these poor people, need bringing to book, also those at Fujitsu who denied that there were issues with their Horizon system.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 19:45 - Jan 10 with 1703 viewsmax936

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 19:00 - Jan 4 by SullutaCreturned

"without prejudice" that is the important part for me because the very senior management had prejudice in this case. They wanted the innocent found guilty to protect themselves.

That is my opinion.

Absolutely This!

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 19:48 - Jan 10 with 1702 viewsmax936

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 13:34 - Jan 9 by Whiterockin

should have been ripped off her the evil cow along with her head.

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 20:12 - Jan 10 with 1674 viewsBoundy

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 19:48 - Jan 10 by max936

should have been ripped off her the evil cow along with her head.

Believe it or not I was listening to Times radio this morning and they had a guest speaker Kevin Hollinrake the current Post Office Minister who seemed more concerned about Vennells than the victims, basically saying that it was wrong that it appeared to be trail by media .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 23:16 - Jan 10 with 1629 viewstheloneranger

The Post Office Investigators were paid a bonus for every conviction they obtained!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 10:44 - Jan 11 with 1532 viewsswan65split

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 23:16 - Jan 10 by theloneranger

The Post Office Investigators were paid a bonus for every conviction they obtained!!

will they be pushing for that money back I wonder? i doubt it.
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 11:07 - Jan 11 with 1523 viewslifelong

Interview with a post office investigator is now live on the BBC News channel.
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 11:16 - Jan 11 with 1516 viewsmax936

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 20:12 - Jan 10 by Boundy

Believe it or not I was listening to Times radio this morning and they had a guest speaker Kevin Hollinrake the current Post Office Minister who seemed more concerned about Vennells than the victims, basically saying that it was wrong that it appeared to be trail by media .

Another piece of vermin in Government, just when are we gonna be free of these people, why is it that its always people of wealth in these positions of power.
I'd bet most have academic qualifications that have no doubt been bought for them having been born with silver spoons in their gobs.

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 15:27 - Jan 11 with 1441 viewsblackswan

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 11:07 - Jan 11 by lifelong

Interview with a post office investigator is now live on the BBC News channel.

And what an odious pos he is
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 19:15 - Jan 11 with 1392 viewsTomsyard

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 20:12 - Jan 10 by Boundy

I’ve listened to Hollinrake a few times in the commons and been impressed by what he’s said and the tone he’s presented it. For those who were found guilty I believe they have been offered a 6 hundred thousand pound payment so things are moving in the right direction. The enquiry has been ongoing for a couple of years already and after watching the horrible post office investigator being questioned today and with the amount of other post office staff being dragged into this it means it’s going to take years unfortunately to see these corrupt lot in a court of law
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 00:44 - Jan 12 with 1327 viewsRobbie

Caught a bit of Live BBC coverage earlier , some supposed head of investigation for the scandal was being challenged by a very clever questioner , names went over my head .

This witness had a big book of pre arranged sticky tab markers to consult if necessary .

It was cringeworthy watching him squirm out of direct questions .
Just read reports his excuse was he was not computer savvy over the IT providers service ,

Another one at the top will now get away , scot free , with a made for life Pension .
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 08:22 - Jan 12 with 1275 viewsBoundy

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 00:44 - Jan 12 by Robbie

Caught a bit of Live BBC coverage earlier , some supposed head of investigation for the scandal was being challenged by a very clever questioner , names went over my head .

This witness had a big book of pre arranged sticky tab markers to consult if necessary .

It was cringeworthy watching him squirm out of direct questions .
Just read reports his excuse was he was not computer savvy over the IT providers service ,

Another one at the top will now get away , scot free , with a made for life Pension .

Tapes have been obtained by the Times which shows just how much the PO knew about the defective data which cost innocent people their reputation , health, wealth etc, two years prior to Vennels robustly defending the PO , there's going to be a lot more revelations to emerge as the enquiry continues which is going to bring a lot of individuals to book .

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 09:19 - Jan 13 with 1149 viewsKilkennyjack

It appears that the corporate cover up and bullying are off the scale.

Dreadful.

Beware of the Risen People

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 19:57 - Jan 14 with 1023 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 08:22 - Jan 12 by Boundy

Tapes have been obtained by the Times which shows just how much the PO knew about the defective data which cost innocent people their reputation , health, wealth etc, two years prior to Vennels robustly defending the PO , there's going to be a lot more revelations to emerge as the enquiry continues which is going to bring a lot of individuals to book .

Who knew what and when are the key questions.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 22:37 - Jan 14 with 992 viewsBoundy

If he had no input then what exactly was his role ?

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 23:22 - Jan 14 with 974 viewsmajorraglan

An interesting read which gives an insight in to the views of some in government who were advocating the honour. She was also appointed a non executive director of the Cabinet Office.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/horizon-it-post-office-scandal-th
🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 18:33 - Jan 18 with 814 viewsSullutaCreturned

🔴 Paula Vennells CBE on 23:22 - Jan 14 by majorraglan

An interesting read which gives an insight in to the views of some in government who were advocating the honour. She was also appointed a non executive director of the Cabinet Office.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/horizon-it-post-office-scandal-th

It's this bit,

Despite concerns being raised about Ms Vennells’ nomination for the honour, Sir Ian Cheshire, who chaired the committee recommending her for a CBE, “brushed them aside”, sources told the paper.

One said Ms Vennells was being rewarded for taking a tough approach to the scandal in an effort to keep costs down for the Post Office, including refusing to acknowledge wrongdoing towards postmasters.

“This was her reward for bending her conscience and holding the line,” the source told the newspaper.

Becaue it makes it look very much like despite them knowing something was very wrong she persued the Sub postmastrs in every effort to make them look guilty and keep the "skint little people" in their places.

On top of Ed Davey refusing to meet Alan bates there were two Tory ministers too. The more we learn about this travesty the more people look like they should at the very least be sacked in disgrace. It very much looks like a lot of people at esenior level knew these poor people were inocent but the people at the top continued to harry them.

The senior management, the politicians AND the honours system are corrupt. Not fit for purpose any of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024