Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowley boys appointed . 14:42 - Jan 4 with 4390 viewsbwildered

Danny and Nick Cowley appointed

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Cowley boys appointed . on 14:46 - Jan 4 with 3622 viewsMoor_Pinot

Relieved.
I know I have gone on about this being the way to go but it's taken five years to decide the obvious as far as I am concerned.

Give them time whatever happens and we may just be ok.

Moor Pinot

Cowley boys appointed . on 14:55 - Jan 4 with 3591 viewsLeadbelly

Cowley boys appointed . on 14:46 - Jan 4 by Moor_Pinot

Relieved.
I know I have gone on about this being the way to go but it's taken five years to decide the obvious as far as I am concerned.

Couldn’t agree more.

Some may dislike the Cowley’s direct football but we have persisted with tippy tappy football for too long with a squad that’s not good enough to play that way. We are in trouble in League 2 so need an injection of realism, simplify our approach and play to our strengths.

Good luck to the new coaches.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Cowley boys appointed . on 14:59 - Jan 4 with 3584 viewsBLACKCAT

Cowley boys appointed . on 14:46 - Jan 4 by Moor_Pinot

Relieved.

Surely this is easily the best appointment since Phil Parkinson twenty years ago.
Cowley boys appointed . on 15:03 - Jan 4 with 3573 viewsbwildered

Return to some retro football, something the squad at this level should be more comfortable with .

Cowley boys appointed . on 15:08 - Jan 4 with 3558 viewsTheOldOakTree

Cowley boys appointed . on 14:59 - Jan 4 by BLACKCAT

Surely this is easily the best appointment since Phil Parkinson twenty years ago.

George Williams and Mick Harford did us proud in the Championship and I don't remember complaining about Lamberk when we stuffed Naaarich 1-7, but the bar has been set very low since then.
[Post edited 4 Jan 15:09]
Cowley boys appointed . on 15:15 - Jan 4 with 3530 viewsdurham_exile

Excellent news.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cowley boys appointed . on 15:19 - Jan 4 with 3521 viewsgerry_us

Welcome Cowley Bros.
Pity they didn't arrive a lot earlier.
Let's give them time to settle in and hopefully rhey will change our style of play for the better.

Cowley boys appointed . on 15:26 - Jan 4 with 3507 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Cowley boys appointed . on 14:59 - Jan 4 by BLACKCAT

Maybe the biggest in terms of a named manager since Boothroyd. And that was way back in 2009. Parkinson wasn't a big appointment at the time. It was actually seen as quite a gamble as he'd never managed or coached anywhere and had only just finished playing.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Cowley boys appointed . on 15:42 - Jan 4 with 3485 viewsCrashBandicoot

Its going to be hard work but I think we'll be ok this season. And hopefully with full backing he will push us on to much bigger and better things

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Cowley boys appointed . on 16:15 - Jan 4 with 3432 viewswessex_exile

Cowley boys appointed . on 15:08 - Jan 4 by TheOldOakTree

George Williams and Mick Harford did us proud in the Championship and I don't remember complaining about Lamberk when we stuffed Naaarich 1-7, but the bar has been set very low since then.
[Post edited 4 Jan 15:09]

It's difficult to steer clear of hyperbole when commenting on this appointment, but given even Saint Parky was a complete unknown shot in the dark when we took him on, this is probably one of the most forward-thinking statement of intent managerial appointments we've ever made.

100% agree with what has been said, we have to have the patience to see this through, because we'll never have a better opportunity to get us back into the top half of League 1, or beyond...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Cowley boys appointed . on 16:15 - Jan 4 with 3422 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I have been waiting for this!

We are the REBORN!

Fantastic news!

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
Cowley boys appointed . on 17:16 - Jan 4 with 3363 viewsmfb_cufc

Cowley boys appointed . on 16:15 - Jan 4 by SparkfilmsTV

I have been waiting for this!

We are the REBORN!

Fantastic news!

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

I agree, Fantastic news. The fans have wanted this ever since their days at Braintree. Well done Robbie for finally making it happen.

mfb

Cowley boys appointed . on 17:40 - Jan 4 with 3354 viewsnoah4x4

This step will be costing RC a huge amount of money, especially as the Cowleys come as a pair. My guess is at least a three year contract for each with high five figure annual compensation. If not locked in by such a lengthy contract, the Cowleys will soon be off (like Lambert & Boothroyd). Huge gamble, serious costs if they fail, deserves the fans loyalty.
Cowley boys appointed . on 17:47 - Jan 4 with 3345 viewsnoah4x4

Cowley boys appointed . on 17:40 - Jan 4 by noah4x4

This step will be costing RC a huge amount of money, especially as the Cowleys come as a pair. My guess is at least a three year contract for each with high five figure annual compensation. If not locked in by such a lengthy contract, the Cowleys will soon be off (like Lambert & Boothroyd). Huge gamble, serious costs if they fail, deserves the fans loyalty.

Indeed, might it add 500 to home gates? If yes, maybe not such a gamble, provided they don’t fail as this is deffo a last chance saloon roll of the dice.
[Post edited 4 Jan 17:48]
Cowley boys appointed . on 17:55 - Jan 4 with 3334 viewsBFG

Excellent
Cowley boys appointed . on 18:04 - Jan 4 with 3326 viewsburnsieespana

Cowley boys appointed . on 17:40 - Jan 4 by noah4x4

A 2.5 year contract I believe.
Guess Junior's transfer fee will be funding this!
Well done to RC for doing it but frankly he can't afford for us to drop into the NL.
The good saying 'speculate to accumulate' comes to mind!
Cowley boys appointed . on 18:36 - Jan 4 with 3278 viewsdurham_exile

I understand they have changed their names by deed poll to Danny and Nick Cowling.

We would have been promoted had they arrived after Bloomfield!

Up the Super U's

Durham_exile

Cowley boys appointed . on 19:00 - Jan 4 with 3254 viewsBFG

Hard to believe they have been out of work for a year
Cowley boys appointed . on 19:16 - Jan 4 with 3239 viewswessex_exile

Cowley boys appointed . on 19:00 - Jan 4 by BFG

Hard to believe they have been out of work for a year

I think I read somewhere that their pay-off deal from Pompey had a payback clause if they took up new work, and that clause expired on 1st January.

Up the U's

Cowley boys appointed . on 19:25 - Jan 4 with 3230 viewsTheOldOakTree

Cowley boys appointed . on 18:36 - Jan 4 by durham_exile

I understand they have changed their names by deed poll to Danny and Nick Cowling.

We would have been promoted had they arrived after Bloomfield!

Up the Super U's

My heart missed a beat then, I though you were going to say that Nick had changed his name to Jack.
Cowley boys appointed . on 19:32 - Jan 4 with 3219 viewsBFG

Cowley boys appointed . on 19:16 - Jan 4 by wessex_exile

I think I read somewhere that their pay-off deal from Pompey had a payback clause if they took up new work, and that clause expired on 1st January.

Good timing then. I'd sort of lost track of them after Lincoln
Cowley boys appointed . on 20:10 - Jan 4 with 3183 viewsbwildered

Cowley boys appointed . on 19:16 - Jan 4 by wessex_exile

Might well be the reason of their non appointment when BG took the reins .

Cowley boys appointed . on 20:28 - Jan 4 with 3170 viewswessex_exile

Cowley boys appointed . on 20:10 - Jan 4 by bwildered

Yep, almost as if some planning and thought had been put into this.

Conspiracy theory 101, but just imagine. Robbie gives Matty the job after an impressive spell as caretaker, but knowing if he doesn't get us safe from relegation he has the insurance of going in for the Cowley's first thing in the New Year without having to cover their payback clause.

Up the U's

Cowley boys appointed . on 20:34 - Jan 4 with 3163 viewswessex_exile

Cowley boys appointed . on 20:10 - Jan 4 by bwildered

It might also relate to why they ultimately didn't take the Bradford City appointment. Imagine if the deal breaker was simply that Bradford City refused to cover that clause?

Up the U's

Cowley boys appointed . on 20:49 - Jan 4 with 3142 viewsbwildered

Cowley boys appointed . on 20:34 - Jan 4 by wessex_exile

It might also relate to why they ultimately didn't take the Bradford City appointment. Imagine if the deal breaker was simply that Bradford City refused to cover that clause?

Speculation was that they were approached, and the reason given was to stay down south, if rumour is to be believed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024