Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor watch 23:59 - Jan 13 with 2981 viewsdurham_exile

Made his debut for the Imps and had a goal disallowed before being substituted in the 85th minute.

Lincoln drew 1-1 at Wyscum.

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 09:54 - Mar 17 with 658 viewswessex_exile

Not simply because he scored again yesterday, but I think McGeehan could blossom into an out and out goal scorer if he’s here next season. He even looks and plays a bit like Joe Taylor. Btw, it’s not an obsession thing with JT, nor an inability to move on, just a healthy interest to see how his career is progressing. However, just to add one final point, he would be scoring goals if he was still here, his record of 12 in the first half of the season proves that. But he’s not, and his career trajectory suggests never will be again (although we do have form when it comes to signing 30-somethings when their legs are gone and the goals have dried up, so who knows, maybe one day 🤣).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Taylor watch on 14:02 - Mar 17 with 601 viewsdurham_exile

Taylor watch on 00:10 - Mar 17 by franksic1988

I didn’t mean it rudely! I just meant it’s easy to look on in envy. But reality is he wouldn’t be pinging in goals for us, with the current team.

Wilkinson for some reason can’t get a decent run of games for love nor money regardless of a recent injury. He hasn’t been injured since he joint.

During his lay off maybe in desperation or rose tinted glasses we have turned Tovide into a goal scoring machine. He as only 4 in 16. Obvs that’s 3/4 more than the current 2 up top. Hopper with 1 isn’t it.

Unless we play better football the goals won’t come.. today why was there 11 of our own players defending a corner in our box… how can we ever conduct a counter… also the midfield at times was void of a col u shirt… you could of parked 2 tanks in the gaps.

Last week at Barrow when defending a corner we kept Chilvers on the half way line. We were chasing the game at 1-0 down at the time.

Given our predicament the team will always set up in a defensive formation.
I've always been of the opinion that when defending a corner put a striker on the half way line the opposition has to keep two back to defend.

Many years again in 1980 we played Portsmouth at Layer Road.
They came with great support and an attacking line up.

When Colchester forced a corner Pompey put three players on the half way line. I have never seen a team do that since that day.

Interestingly the final score was 1-0 to Colchester. So much for the all out Pompey attack!

Funny old game football.

Up the U's
[Post edited 17 Mar 14:08]

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 16:12 - Mar 17 with 570 viewsfranksic1988

Taylor watch on 14:02 - Mar 17 by durham_exile

Last week at Barrow when defending a corner we kept Chilvers on the half way line. We were chasing the game at 1-0 down at the time.

Given our predicament the team will always set up in a defensive formation.
I've always been of the opinion that when defending a corner put a striker on the half way line the opposition has to keep two back to defend.

Many years again in 1980 we played Portsmouth at Layer Road.
They came with great support and an attacking line up.

When Colchester forced a corner Pompey put three players on the half way line. I have never seen a team do that since that day.

Interestingly the final score was 1-0 to Colchester. So much for the all out Pompey attack!

Funny old game football.

Up the U's
[Post edited 17 Mar 14:08]

Leaving 3 upfront is a bit of pee take. Leaving a smaller player between the edge of the box and halfway really is basic football … we wasn’t even winning the battle in the box. I think In general when playing defensive with more that 60 mins left in the game, you would in general leave 1 up.
Taylor watch on 19:42 - Mar 23 with 463 viewsdurham_exile

Joe Taylor was in the crowd today supporting the U's

Top man.

Durham_exile

Taylor watch on 21:43 - Mar 23 with 453 viewsfranksic1988

Taylor watch on 19:42 - Mar 23 by durham_exile

Top man.

Yes see him on sky… he was down the front… let’s hope Luton let him go or send him out on loan again and we can nab him on a season long loan if we stay up! I doubt it very much if he would come back but he obvs likes the club.
Taylor watch on 22:10 - Mar 23 with 434 viewswessex_exile

Top man.

I saw that on twitter, and Tchamadeu and Gillespie(?) were at a recent game too - gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that we must be doing something right if former players old and new are still prepared to turn up to support the team. Good things will come, of that I'm certain.

Up the U's

Taylor watch on 06:59 - Mar 24 with 405 viewsnoah4x4

Taylor watch on 22:10 - Mar 23 by wessex_exile

I saw that on twitter, and Tchamadeu and Gillespie(?) were at a recent game too - gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that we must be doing something right if former players old and new are still prepared to turn up to support the team. Good things will come, of that I'm certain.

Gillespie and son have regularly attended U’s matches at Salford. I guess he resides nearby.

Frankly, I’m not surprised former players turn up on days when they have no fixture given the past team bonding formed. it is inevitably legends or those that upwardly progressed (by transfer etc) rather than those discarded, the latter possibly having hurt pride, and, of course, if still fit, having continued playing commitments where not released to join us by an International Window. What I respect is they will sit with the real fans, and not the prawn sandwich brigade. But again that’s possibly natural. Why sit in an area in the ground where nobody will recognise you? Tchamadeu loved the hero worship at Salford posing for selfies and signing autographs. Nice lad.
Taylor watch on 08:07 - Mar 24 with 378 viewsbwildered

Steven Gillespie now works at Liverpool FC working in the programme department.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Taylor watch on 11:34 - Mar 24 with 350 viewswessex_exile

Taylor watch on 06:59 - Mar 24 by noah4x4

Gillespie and son have regularly attended U’s matches at Salford. I guess he resides nearby.

Frankly, I’m not surprised former players turn up on days when they have no fixture given the past team bonding formed. it is inevitably legends or those that upwardly progressed (by transfer etc) rather than those discarded, the latter possibly having hurt pride, and, of course, if still fit, having continued playing commitments where not released to join us by an International Window. What I respect is they will sit with the real fans, and not the prawn sandwich brigade. But again that’s possibly natural. Why sit in an area in the ground where nobody will recognise you? Tchamadeu loved the hero worship at Salford posing for selfies and signing autographs. Nice lad.

I remember Clinton Morrison and a few other players who travelled but weren’t in the squad join the U’s supporters in our final game at Carlisle in the season we dodged relegation. Not quite the same thing, but still appreciated. Pretty sure I remember a group including Todd Miller do likewise, just can’t remember what the game was.

Up the U's

Taylor watch on 16:16 - Mar 24 with 317 viewsgerry_us

Top man.

Pretty sure that it was him embracing all our players just in front of us post match.
What a star and he was obviously popular with our guys.
Taylor watch on 21:50 - Apr 13 with 154 viewsburnsieespana

I see Scotland are rumoured to be trying to get Taylor to change allegence from Wales.he is now Lincoln's top scorer and with 12 for us he is joint top scorer as think Cam so may end up top scorer with two loan clubs which would some sort of record although Cam could end up with 15 or 16 goals at his present scoring rate.
Taylor watch on 21:57 - Apr 13 with 146 viewsdurham_exile

Taylor substituted in the 72 minutes today in their hugely disappointing defeat to Wigan.

Lincoln may have dipped out after their impressive run.

Taylor is still the best player we have had since Jamie Cureton.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024