Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes 09:43 - Apr 28 with 20874 viewswessex_exile

As suggested on the matchday thread, let’s kick off the traditional summer transfer speculation. I’ll start with our current loanees. I doubt Palace would release Owen Goodman, and if they did, would we want him or even be able to afford him? Of the rest, I’d definitely like to see Alastair Smith and maybe Riley Harbottle sign if they were released. As for the rest, they’ll be heading back to make room for new choices.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:18 - Jun 13 with 1931 viewsmfb_cufc

It is Richard Brindley. Released by Notts County.

mfb

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:15 - Jun 13 with 1916 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:18 - Jun 13 by mfb_cufc

It is Richard Brindley. Released by Notts County.

Can't believe how would be DC's type of player.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:27 - Jun 14 with 1775 viewsCrashBandicoot

I'm not sure we should be signing a player who was part of a defence that leaked more than a burst water main last season.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:16 - Jun 14 with 1739 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:27 - Jun 14 by CrashBandicoot

I'm not sure we should be signing a player who was part of a defence that leaked more than a burst water main last season.

Is Alistair Smith still available.

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:17 - Jun 14 with 1733 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I got the impression watching Danny Cowley's interview about recruitment that the club are some way short of where they would like to be at this stage.

I am expecting several players to leave and between 8 and 10 new recruits.

My hopes for a promotion season in 24 / 25 have diminished a little over the past few weeks.

Let's hope for an influx of quality signings and the sooner the better.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:34 - Jun 14 with 1729 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:16 - Jun 14 by durham_exile

Is Alistair Smith still available.

Last I heard he was under contract with Lincoln and as they had paid a fee for him when signing last summer would expect one if they agreed to transfer.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:36 - Jun 14 with 1727 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:17 - Jun 14 by SparkfilmsTV

I got the impression watching Danny Cowley's interview about recruitment that the club are some way short of where they would like to be at this stage.

I am expecting several players to leave and between 8 and 10 new recruits.

My hopes for a promotion season in 24 / 25 have diminished a little over the past few weeks.

Let's hope for an influx of quality signings and the sooner the better.

Feel a little similar if I am.honest as does seem a lack of rumours of pur activity in the transfer market.
Brindley in my opinion is a pure joke.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:43 - Jun 14 with 1675 viewsCrashBandicoot

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:36 - Jun 14 by burnsieespana

Feel a little similar if I am.honest as does seem a lack of rumours of pur activity in the transfer market.
Brindley in my opinion is a pure joke.

We really need to keep hunting for better quality and let Bromley & Swindon fight over him.

The fact is we have brought a 1st choice GK and a right winger in. We need one or 2 decent defenders and a decent goalscorer plus replacements for Mingi & Fevrier (and possibly McGeehan & Chilvers if they don't renew their contracts with us).

Obviously we also don't know which contracted players DC is looking to move on and which players at other clubs/free agents he is potentially targeting are also looking to move on.

It'll be an interesting few weeks to come but hopefully they'll be productive

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:52 - Jun 15 with 1541 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:34 - Jun 14 by burnsieespana

Last I heard he was under contract with Lincoln and as they had paid a fee for him when signing last summer would expect one if they agreed to transfer.

I'd take Alastair Smith in a blink if he was available/ affordable.

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:38 - Jun 15 with 1500 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:52 - Jun 15 by wessex_exile

I'd take Alastair Smith in a blink if he was available/ affordable.

Indeed so and maybe reason we have been raising funds from player sales.p
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 22:30 - Jun 17 with 1238 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Wondering if Danny Cowley is aware of Yassine En-Neyer?

Why is this player not listed in the squad?

Why did Colchester United sign him?
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:22 - Jun 20 with 974 viewsAddy

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 22:30 - Jun 17 by SparkfilmsTV

Wondering if Danny Cowley is aware of Yassine En-Neyer?

Why is this player not listed in the squad?

Why did Colchester United sign him?

Dodgy looking rumour, from a suspect poster on X/Twitter this morning, I highly doubt it is true but I would be surprised and gutted if he went there instead of us, always assuming we are trying to sign him of course! Bromley FC are close to adding Lincoln City midfielder Alistair Smith to their ranks after agreeing a £100k deal.

The midfielder who impressed on loan in League Two last season at Colchester United is keen to make a permanent move with plenty of first team football.

Contract has been agreed, player to undergo a medical.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:09 - Jun 21 with 812 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Don't know why but I feel like we're going to announce someone today.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:49 - Jun 21 with 805 viewsBLACKCAT

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:09 - Jun 21 by RSCOSWORTH

Let's hope it is Alistair Smith and the rumour he was on his way to Bromley is proven to be groundless.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:56 - Jun 21 with 799 viewsburnsieespana

Hope springs eternal!
Surprised at least 1 of the 4 offered new contracts hasn't signed. Maybe waiting to see what rabbit's DC can pull put of the hat?9
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:14 - Jun 21 with 742 viewsfranksic1988

Another young kid from the academy 😂. I want this Simon Basesys job… he has a rite touch. Job is to go out and find players…. He just whips down the training ground and get his pen out.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:08 - Jun 21 with 701 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:14 - Jun 21 by franksic1988

Another young kid from the academy 😂. I want this Simon Basesys job… he has a rite touch. Job is to go out and find players…. He just whips down the training ground and get his pen out.

If Rishi gets back in, half our squad will be away doing National Service.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:16 - Jun 21 with 695 viewsSparkfilmsTV

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:08 - Jun 21 by TheOldOakTree

If Rishi gets back in, half our squad will be away doing National Service.

Rishi will be available on a free transfer in two weeks.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:45 - Jun 21 with 652 viewsbwildered

Lincoln City have signed Tom Bayliss on a two-year deal after the midfielder was released by League One rivals Shrewsbury Town earlier in the summer.

Yes, granted not a U’s signing , but given that Smith was loaned out and not getting a game, might have some significants on his availability.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:26 - Jun 24 with 355 viewsTheOldOakTree

It's all starting to make sense now! The Cowleys are the future.

https://www.essexfa.com/players/ways-to-play/small-sided

"it is anticipated that the number of small-sided football teams will overtake the number of adult male 11v11 teams"

With less than a week until pre-season training starts, we've got the perfect squad for 5-a-side team.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:07 - Jun 24 with 341 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Must've been hay fever!

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:50 - Jun 24 with 316 viewsfranksic1988

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:26 - Jun 24 by TheOldOakTree

It's all starting to make sense now! The Cowleys are the future.

https://www.essexfa.com/players/ways-to-play/small-sided

"it is anticipated that the number of small-sided football teams will overtake the number of adult male 11v11 teams"

With less than a week until pre-season training starts, we've got the perfect squad for 5-a-side team.

We will have to borrow some of the opposing teams players to muster up a team. They will have to either borrow a shirt or chuck on a bib 😂
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:39 - Jun 24 with 268 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:50 - Jun 24 by franksic1988

We will have to borrow some of the opposing teams players to muster up a team. They will have to either borrow a shirt or chuck on a bib 😂

Bibs - pah. In my school days it was shirts v skins, but then again our PE teachers back then were clearly psychopathic latent homosexuals, or so it seemed

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:49 - Jun 26 with 129 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Chay Cooper in discussions with Braintree.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:51 - Jun 26 with 127 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:49 - Jun 26 by RSCOSWORTH

Chay Cooper in discussions with Braintree.

RS, it is unbelievable.

Another talented footballer lost by Colchester.
Another give away.

We desperately need some signings this week.

Up the dwindling U's

Durham_exile

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024