Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes 09:43 - Apr 28 with 69032 viewswessex_exile

As suggested on the matchday thread, let’s kick off the traditional summer transfer speculation. I’ll start with our current loanees. I doubt Palace would release Owen Goodman, and if they did, would we want him or even be able to afford him? Of the rest, I’d definitely like to see Alastair Smith and maybe Riley Harbottle sign if they were released. As for the rest, they’ll be heading back to make room for new choices.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 07:44 - Aug 1 with 2763 viewsBLACKCAT

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 22:17 - Jul 31 by gerry_us

Well, we know he wanted to get away but North of Inverness is taking it to extreme isn't it?
Will watch Ross County results to see if he fits in. Wish him well.

Colchester United's average home attendance was very slightly higher at 4,177 last season than Ross County's of 4,115.. But the Dingwall side's were boosted by over 6,500 for each home game against The Old Firm. With a much better 24-25 for The U's I'd expect the gap to be considerably bigger.

It's a strange and surprising transfer but credit to the young man for making such a bold move. He'll be living in a beautiful part of Britain.

I've just realised he's gone from playing under a management team of Cowley brothers to a management team of Cowie brothers.
[Post edited 1 Aug 7:49]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:10 - Aug 1 with 2715 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 22:17 - Jul 31 by gerry_us

Well, we know he wanted to get away but North of Inverness is taking it to extreme isn't it?
Will watch Ross County results to see if he fits in. Wish him well.

The poor bastard.

Whilst I would freely admit that the Black Isle is a beautiful place to spend a couple of days in August, possibly even a week (if you’re over 70 and have an overcoat fetish), but what is there for a fit healthy 23 year old? It’s enough to drive him insane. Inverness is bad enough, but Dingwall is three stops beyond the end of civilisation. Cruella Braverman stopped at the thought of deporting asylum seekers to Dingwall.

Yes there are very attractive redheads in the world, but how much pasty-faced ginger can a lad from Essex take before they turn to the bottle? Then there’s the frostbite (in September), the snow, the lack of daylight in the winter, the snow, the language barrier, the snow, more snow, endless hours of travelling just to catch up with normal people. I wonder if he’s thought this through? Just how shite was the thought of another contract at the U’s that he even entertained the idea?

OK lads, todays training, 7 hours of shovelling snow and then 20 minutes of shooting practice.

At half-time you get a jacket potato instead of half an orange.

I hope it works out well for him and Ross County, hats off to them for offering him a better deal than we could. I look forward to being a closet Staggie for the coming season.

PS: If he can cope with the weather, the shops full of wee ‘Nessies’ complete with tam o’shanters, for all the American tourists, will surely test his sanity.
[Post edited 1 Aug 10:26]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:59 - Aug 1 with 2689 viewsTheOldOakTree

There is one positive for Noah, at least he won’t have to listen to his own moronic ‘fans’ shouting abuse at him for everything, including the price of fish.

If they do, he’ll never understand a word of it…..

“Och aye wee laddie get the hochmagandy oot of our footie club, ya soft shandy drink’n Sassenack!

(I appreciate they don't speak Glaswegian in the Highlands, but a bit of lazy stereotyping is always helpful for comic effect).

Dougie, Wordsworth, Noah, who’s next in line for the constant abuse?
[Post edited 1 Aug 10:31]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:38 - Aug 1 with 2626 viewsbwildered

McCU - fc

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:48 - Aug 1 with 2476 viewsfranksic1988

Chilvers ain’t that much of a loss. He wouldn’t have affected where we come either way.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:42 - Aug 2 with 2387 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:48 - Aug 1 by franksic1988

Chilvers ain’t that much of a loss. He wouldn’t have affected where we come either way.

All those managers that gave him nearly 200 appearances before the age of 24 would probably disagree.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:59 - Aug 2 with 2364 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:42 - Aug 2 by RSCOSWORTH

All those managers that gave him nearly 200 appearances before the age of 24 would probably disagree.

Correct as always been selected regardless of Manager.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:39 - Aug 3 with 2200 viewsbwildered

For info

MK Dons have signed defender Nico Lawrence on a season-long loan from Premier League club Southampton.
The 21-year-old has yet to play for the Saints first team but made five appearances in League Two last season during a loan spell at Colchester United.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:18 - Aug 3 with 2189 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:39 - Aug 3 by bwildered

For info

MK Dons have signed defender Nico Lawrence on a season-long loan from Premier League club Southampton.
The 21-year-old has yet to play for the Saints first team but made five appearances in League Two last season during a loan spell at Colchester United.

A good signing for the Dons.

But is he injury prone.

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:43 - Aug 3 with 2136 viewsLeadbelly

Chilvers on the bench for Ross County. Will have to prove himself worthy of a place in the starting XI now. Not sure that was always necessary at Col U.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:44 - Aug 3 with 2099 viewsTheOldOakTree

Is someone having a laugh on the official X

It say we're 5-0 up against Cambridge after 37 mins and playing 3 up front!

Bring on the 10th!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:58 - Aug 3 with 2070 viewsBLACKCAT

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:43 - Aug 3 by Leadbelly

Chilvers on the bench for Ross County. Will have to prove himself worthy of a place in the starting XI now. Not sure that was always necessary at Col U.

An 88th minute substitute as Ross County draw 0-0.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:43 - Aug 3 with 2032 viewswessex_exile

19 year old Alfie Bendle signs on a one year deal, following a successful trial. Clearly one for the U21s at the moment, but I hope he has success in his time here, and who knows, breaks into the first team at some point?

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:17 - Aug 3 with 2016 viewsfranksic1988

Had him at the academy at 9 years old… if you know your football you would know that’s 100% Profit sitting there… if you don’t think they was told to select him then you obvs wouldn’t have inside knowledge of how football works. Hence why they kept playing him. Wouldn’t have sold him for 10p if they dropped him. Just waisted money keeping him and nurturing him.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 21:40 - Aug 3 with 1963 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:17 - Aug 3 by franksic1988

Had him at the academy at 9 years old… if you know your football you would know that’s 100% Profit sitting there… if you don’t think they was told to select him then you obvs wouldn’t have inside knowledge of how football works. Hence why they kept playing him. Wouldn’t have sold him for 10p if they dropped him. Just waisted money keeping him and nurturing him.

How come Bradley doesn’t play every 90 mins and Macca Bonne when he was here? They both came through the academy. Last season, most games Chilvers was the only academy player to start. Why weren’t there instructions to play the others?
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 22:30 - Aug 3 with 1943 viewsfranksic1988

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 21:40 - Aug 3 by TheOldOakTree

How come Bradley doesn’t play every 90 mins and Macca Bonne when he was here? They both came through the academy. Last season, most games Chilvers was the only academy player to start. Why weren’t there instructions to play the others?

Watch them play more games once their contract is up for renewal or when they are asking about leaving. When he has 1 year left on their contract they will play more time. It’s how the game works… there is no way he was picked by all them managers by merit.. we all have eyes and can see at times he was no where near up to pace. They used to shoehorn him in any position.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:15 - Aug 4 with 1810 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 21:40 - Aug 3 by TheOldOakTree

TOOT I am a big Bradley Ihionvien fan and would start him with Lyle Taylor at Wimbledon.

Samson Tovide is also talented but his temperament often lets him down on the field.

I have expressed my views about Macca Bonne over the years. Frankly he has not developed as he might have done.

Last season there was talk that Bradley was wanted by a championship club (WBA).
Play him regularly and he will score 20 goals for us this season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:46 - Aug 4 with 1771 viewsfranksic1988

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:15 - Aug 4 by durham_exile

TOOT I am a big Bradley Ihionvien fan and would start him with Lyle Taylor at Wimbledon.

Samson Tovide is also talented but his temperament often lets him down on the field.

I have expressed my views about Macca Bonne over the years. Frankly he has not developed as he might have done.

Last season there was talk that Bradley was wanted by a championship club (WBA).
Play him regularly and he will score 20 goals for us this season.

Up the U's

I don’t think we will be that attacking certainly first half of the season to play 2 up front.

Someone like Bradley will need a real run of games. If you look at most good strikers they need that Pat on the back or hand shake at beginning of the season to say you’re my number 1 and will play the majority of the minutes… it takes time and rhythm to find your stride especially when young.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:51 - Aug 7 with 1177 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:39 - Jul 29 by RSCOSWORTH

Teddy Bishop, Lincoln midfielder who was previously at Ipswich, is another one I'm hearing noises about.

Teddy incoming! Decent signing that.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:12 - Aug 7 with 1154 viewsRSCOSWORTH

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/august/07/teddy-bishop-signs-for-col-u/

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=77159

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:25 - Aug 7 with 1136 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:51 - Aug 7 by RSCOSWORTH

Teddy incoming! Decent signing that.

That is quite an impressive piece of work!

Out of contract at Lincoln, and they tried to renegotiate a new deal!

Do they know he's only 28
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:09 - Aug 7 with 1075 viewsburnsieespana

If we can keep him fit an excellent signing.
Now much happier about our midfield.
Well done Colchester and guess we had to pay a substantial signing on fee.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:14 - Aug 7 with 1066 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:09 - Aug 7 by burnsieespana

If we can keep him fit an excellent signing.
Now much happier about our midfield.
Well done Colchester and guess we had to pay a substantial signing on fee.

Probably a hefty signing-on fee for Teddy (and his agent), but he was out of contract at Lincoln, so we wouldn't have paid them anything.

Excellent signing - didn't expect that one at all!

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:04 - Aug 7 with 1010 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:14 - Aug 7 by wessex_exile

Probably a hefty signing-on fee for Teddy (and his agent), but he was out of contract at Lincoln, so we wouldn't have paid them anything.

Excellent signing - didn't expect that one at all!

Reinforces the clubs desire to put matters right on the pitch.

Top seven is calling this season.

I am very excited about our prospects.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:07 - Aug 7 with 1010 viewsgerry_us

We must have about enough for Saturday now; not that I will recognise any of them, apart from the manger obviously.
But "Hey Ho"; let's hope for an improvement on last season...please.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024