Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 89886 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 08:52 - Jun 20 with 2645 viewsslmrstid

"Tory candidate looked into over betting claims married to campaign director"

I mean....sheesh...are people just stupid or what?
General Election Thread on 09:36 - Jun 20 with 2570 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 08:09 - Jun 20 by stevec

Australia earns a fortune from exporting fossil fuels.

Exporting solar and wave power is not even an option.

I can’t work out if it’s a lack of understanding of economics or just a willingness to impoverish whole nations on the whim that climate change may or may not turn out to be catastrophic. Going green is laudable but you have to start weighing up the huge consequences.

Who said export? I was talking about self sufficiency without fossil fuels.
"climate change may or may not turn out to be catastrophic." it already is, Look at what is happening to the oceans and coral. Climate change is a normal progression; it's the current rate of change which damaging.. What is so hard to understand about that?

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 10:11 - Jun 20 with 2511 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I can’t work out if it’s a lack of understanding of economics or just a willingness to impoverish whole nations on the whim that climate change may or may not turn out to be catastrophic. Going green is laudable but you have to start weighing up the huge consequences.

Norway has been solving that problem since 1967.

You’ll note Australia are planning the same I’m sure.

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-economics/2017/09/23/norways-sovereign-wea
[Post edited 20 Jun 10:13]
General Election Thread on 13:18 - Jun 20 with 2360 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 08:09 - Jun 20 by stowmarketrange

Another 2 Tory mps in trouble today for betting on the date of the election.As if they weren’t in enough trouble as it is.
There are rumours that even Rishi Sunk might lose his seat too.

He’ll resign and be off to California by mid-July anyway. Wonder whether the lead story will be a sitting PM losing their seat for the first time (I believe) amidst probably the most horrendous election loss ever or Reform winning a seat they were expected to win.
General Election Thread on 13:56 - Jun 20 with 2301 viewsdaveB

General Election Thread on 08:52 - Jun 20 by slmrstid

"Tory candidate looked into over betting claims married to campaign director"

I mean....sheesh...are people just stupid or what?

the front of these people always looking to make a few quid for themselves, showed their true colours with those contracts for PPE during covid and still doing it now
General Election Thread on 14:22 - Jun 20 with 2226 viewsPhildo

General Election Thread on 13:56 - Jun 20 by daveB

the front of these people always looking to make a few quid for themselves, showed their true colours with those contracts for PPE during covid and still doing it now

yep, I assumed at the beginning the polls would narrow a bit but now it begins to look like they are looking at an extinction event. I don't think the love for anyone else is too deep its more a 'these chancers have got to go' election.
General Election Thread on 14:49 - Jun 20 with 2197 viewsslmrstid

General Election Thread on 13:56 - Jun 20 by daveB

The bit I can't get my head around is that they seem not to have thought about how sophisticated betting companies software is, and how a "small" (figuratively speaking) £100 bet would make moves on a market like that that it would enable betting companies to spot irregular patterns straight away.

I mean...its actually really, really, really stupid.
General Election Thread on 16:14 - Jun 20 with 2143 viewsderbyhoop

The consequences of not changing to renewables is likely to be the loss of sizeable.parts of the world, e.g. The Maldives and much of Bangladesh.
Sure, there will be a cost to those countries that have relied on fossile fuels, including most of the industrialised West.
A cost worth bearing?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 16:51 - Jun 20 with 2095 viewsstowmarketrange

General Election Thread on 14:22 - Jun 20 by Phildo

yep, I assumed at the beginning the polls would narrow a bit but now it begins to look like they are looking at an extinction event. I don't think the love for anyone else is too deep its more a 'these chancers have got to go' election.

There always seems to be enough people with short memories who forget the scandals involving the Tory party and vote for them again.I don’t think it will happen this time though.
General Election Thread on 18:03 - Jun 20 with 2028 viewsdmm

General Election Thread on 16:14 - Jun 20 by derbyhoop

The consequences of not changing to renewables is likely to be the loss of sizeable.parts of the world, e.g. The Maldives and much of Bangladesh.
Sure, there will be a cost to those countries that have relied on fossile fuels, including most of the industrialised West.
A cost worth bearing?

As we know, the 2/3s world has been suffering the effects of global warming for several decades already. Not having the wealth of the richer countries such as the UK, they are far less able to cope with floods, drought, crop failure, hurricanes, increased disease and the rest. In short, it will be the poorest who will pay the highest price for the wealthiest profligacy.
General Election Thread on 14:09 - Jun 23 with 1668 viewscolinallcars

I said to our local Tory candidate “ you've got no chance in this election”
“Wanna bet ?” He said.
General Election Thread on 15:19 - Jun 23 with 1579 viewsHAYESBOY

General Election Thread on 16:51 - Jun 20 by stowmarketrange

There always seems to be enough people with short memories who forget the scandals involving the Tory party and vote for them again.I don’t think it will happen this time though.

With this lot there will be another one along in a minute, like buses these Tory scandals.

Smells like a trout farm in here

General Election Thread on 20:09 - Jun 23 with 1461 viewsEsox_Lucius

So... Netanyahu's puppet or Putin's puppet. Tough choices ahead.

General Election Thread on 09:17 - Jun 24 with 1263 viewsBluce_Ree

General Election Thread on 20:09 - Jun 23 by Esox_Lucius

So... Netanyahu's puppet or Putin's puppet. Tough choices ahead.

Well, if Putin succeeds, we're all fked.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

General Election Thread on 11:23 - Jun 24 with 1141 viewsSonofpugwash

The first election where foreign flags are being flown instead of the national ones.
As for "National Service".Why would you want to fight(and die) for a country whose national flag is so openly vilified?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 11:49 - Jun 24 with 1085 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 11:23 - Jun 24 by Sonofpugwash

The first election where foreign flags are being flown instead of the national ones.
As for "National Service".Why would you want to fight(and die) for a country whose national flag is so openly vilified?

More pertinently, why would would you want to fight, and possibly die for political power mongers?

General Election Thread on 12:32 - Jun 24 with 1008 viewsJuzzie

General Election Thread on 11:49 - Jun 24 by Esox_Lucius

More pertinently, why would would you want to fight, and possibly die for political power mongers?

The FGTH "Two Tribes" video got it right... let them wrestle and sort it out amongst themselves. Cowards, on all sides, who are happy to send thousands to their death.
General Election Thread on 13:11 - Jun 24 with 930 viewsDannyPaddox

The Tory Party are proud to announce they are teaming up with Paddy Power as the official bookmaker for all insider betting at the 2024 General Election.
General Election Thread on 13:58 - Jun 24 with 848 viewsSonofpugwash

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GQ0t9eFXsAAixnU?format=jpg&name=large

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 14:12 - Jun 24 with 817 viewsE17hoop

General Election Thread on 13:58 - Jun 24 by Sonofpugwash

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GQ0t9eFXsAAixnU?format=jpg&name=large

For info, flags have been banned on taxis since 2011. That was when Boris Johnson was mayor and responsible for TfL.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

General Election Thread on 17:26 - Jun 25 with 522 viewsLogman

I'm not the biggest fan of Sadiq and detest the way he gets on a soap-box about things which are outside of his remit as the Mayor. However, I do think it's good for such a multi-cultural city as London to have an ethnic minority Mayor.

With regards to the general election we love shooting ourselves in the foot in this country, don't we ? Brexit was one big mistake and now that Rishi appears to have done a pretty good job of keeping interest rates low we are about to kick him out.

Feel sorry for those with loans/mortgages when inflation and interest rates go through the roof under Labour.
General Election Thread on 18:03 - Jun 25 with 442 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 14:12 - Jun 24 by E17hoop

For info, flags have been banned on taxis since 2011. That was when Boris Johnson was mayor and responsible for TfL.

And there are similar bans in place elsewhere for the same reason but it’s never too hard work for the Mail to get readers frothing over a Khan headline.
[Post edited 26 Jun 9:54]
General Election Thread on 18:06 - Jun 25 with 435 views222gers

Now Labour has suspended a candidate for betting against himself in the forthcoming election.
You couldn't make this up.
Whatever happened to proper politicians like Butler, Gaitskill and the like ?
General Election Thread on 19:04 - Jun 25 with 363 viewshubble

General Election Thread on 18:03 - Jun 25 by Watford_Ranger

And there are similar bans in place elsewhere for the same reason but it’s never too hard work for the Mail to get readers frothing over a Khan headline.
[Post edited 26 Jun 9:54]

Pride flag wasn't banned though, was it?

Whatever your politics, it's pretty incredible that taxis can't fly the flag of their own country in the country's capital in support of their team. I think it sucks.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

General Election Thread on 19:19 - Jun 25 with 325 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 19:04 - Jun 25 by hubble

Pride flag wasn't banned though, was it?

Whatever your politics, it's pretty incredible that taxis can't fly the flag of their own country in the country's capital in support of their team. I think it sucks.

Yes, pride flag was also banned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024