Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the Euros boring? 20:35 - Jun 22 with 646 viewsBFG

Is it just me, England not performed so far, and jumping the gun?

Seems pretty flat

Are the Euros boring? on 21:53 - Jun 22 with 611 viewswessex_exile

As far as England are concerned, absolutely. But, there have been some scintillating matches, and Belgium v Romania that's just finished has been one of them.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Are the Euros boring? on 19:33 - Jun 23 with 534 viewsbwildered

Big surprise was that Austria national anthem was not , “ The hills are alive to the sound of music”.

So let’s have some alternative national anthems, starting with Proclaimers -500 miles and Plastic Bertram - pour moi .

[Post edited 23 Jun 19:42]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Are the Euros boring? on 22:01 - Jun 23 with 492 viewsTheOldOakTree

Are the Euros boring? on 19:33 - Jun 23 by bwildered

Big surprise was that Austria national anthem was not , “ The hills are alive to the sound of music”.

So let’s have some alternative national anthems, starting with Proclaimers -500 miles and Plastic Bertram - pour moi .

Never mind the proclaimers, the Jocks should adopt ‘Crying’ by Roy Orbison
Are the Euros boring? on 22:04 - Jun 23 with 489 viewswessex_exile

They're going to need this boat now.

Up the U's

Are the Euros boring? on 09:19 - Jun 24 with 436 viewsTheOldOakTree

Are the Euros boring? on 22:04 - Jun 23 by wessex_exile

They're going to need this boat now.

Quite classy the Scottish manager suggesting that the refs nationality had something to do with their downfall. That will be it Steve, nothing to do with the fact you're even more shite than Ally Macleod.

The crossdressing army started the Euros singing songs about an Argentinian that cheated England out of the world cup 40 years ago and ended up embarassing themselves at the hands of an Argentinian ref. Karma!
Are the Euros boring? on 09:30 - Jun 24 with 435 viewsTheOldOakTree

The thought of the Belgian crowd pogoing whilst singing "Ça plane pour moi, moi, moi" would be enough to make me want to support them!

After all the penalty shootouts, hand of god etc. England should scrap the monotonous drone of 'God save old Jug Ears' and replace it with 'Always look on the bright side of life'.

The Welsh rugby fans were stopped from adopting Tom Jones's 'Delilah' simply because they thought a song about stabbing your girlfriend to death was unsuitable for family entertainment. Bloody namby-pambies.

Fortunately they don't do woke over here, which is just as well, because the French anthem is proper kick-arse, it is literally a direct incitement to slay your opponents in a bloodbath.

Just say it like it is lads! It's a refreshing change from Abide with me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ca+plane+pour+moi&rlz=1C1CHZN_enGB1063GB1063
[Post edited 24 Jun 11:06]
Are the Euros boring? on 14:08 - Jun 24 with 371 viewsLeadbelly

"Ca Plane Pour Moi" by Plastic Bertrand.

Several good cover versions out there although this one is my favourite live rendition.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Are the Euros boring? on 14:18 - Jun 24 with 365 viewsLeadbelly

Are the Euros boring? on 09:30 - Jun 24 by TheOldOakTree

The thought of the Belgian crowd pogoing whilst singing "Ça plane pour moi, moi, moi" would be enough to make me want to support them!

After all the penalty shootouts, hand of god etc. England should scrap the monotonous drone of 'God save old Jug Ears' and replace it with 'Always look on the bright side of life'.

The Welsh rugby fans were stopped from adopting Tom Jones's 'Delilah' simply because they thought a song about stabbing your girlfriend to death was unsuitable for family entertainment. Bloody namby-pambies.

Fortunately they don't do woke over here, which is just as well, because the French anthem is proper kick-arse, it is literally a direct incitement to slay your opponents in a bloodbath.

Just say it like it is lads! It's a refreshing change from Abide with me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ca+plane+pour+moi&rlz=1C1CHZN_enGB1063GB1063
[Post edited 24 Jun 11:06]

Couldn't agree more about our national anthem. Awful dirge, not the least inspiring. At least they play "Jerusalem" at England cricket matches.

In my view I think "Over The Hills With The Swords Of A Thousand Men" by Tenpole Tudor would be a fitting national anthem for sporting occasions "There was hope in our English hearts". Fine sentiment.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Are the Euros boring? on 17:45 - Jun 24 with 344 viewsTheOldOakTree

Are the Euros boring? on 14:18 - Jun 24 by Leadbelly

Couldn't agree more about our national anthem. Awful dirge, not the least inspiring. At least they play "Jerusalem" at England cricket matches.

In my view I think "Over The Hills With The Swords Of A Thousand Men" by Tenpole Tudor would be a fitting national anthem for sporting occasions "There was hope in our English hearts". Fine sentiment.

Good shout with Tenpole Tudor.

Portugal could sing that KC and the Sunshine band classic 'Give it up' to Ronaldo.

...and another Roy Orbison song for Scotland 'It's Over'. Actually the Michael Caine little voice version would probably be a better fit (caution advised for anyone googling).
Are the Euros boring? on 19:33 - Jun 24 with 328 viewswessex_exile

Are the Euros boring? on 17:45 - Jun 24 by TheOldOakTree

Good shout with Tenpole Tudor.

Portugal could sing that KC and the Sunshine band classic 'Give it up' to Ronaldo.

...and another Roy Orbison song for Scotland 'It's Over'. Actually the Michael Caine little voice version would probably be a better fit (caution advised for anyone googling).

Billy Connolly had it right in his classic "Audience with..." show way back in 1985 - "We come from Jebrovia, and we don't give a shit".

Up the U's

Are the Euros boring? on 20:35 - Jun 24 with 309 viewswessex_exile

...and whilst we're on the subject, let's not forget this gem from John Redwood

Up the U's

Are the Euros boring? on 22:15 - Jun 25 with 193 viewswessex_exile

Well I don't know what football gods Gareth Southgate sacrificed a goat to, but it clearly has worked. Comfortably the worst of the (alleged) top seeds in the group stage, scraped through with one win and two draws in three dreadful performances, and scoring just two goals in the process, and still we win the group!

WTF?

In doing so, we also avoid at least three of Spain, Portugal, Germany and France in the knockout stages. However, if this isn't sorted out fast, we can forget worrying about who of those four might make it to the final, we'll be home long before that's a concern.

Up the U's

Are the Euros boring? on 08:16 - Jun 26 with 150 viewsTheOldOakTree

Are the Euros boring? on 22:15 - Jun 25 by wessex_exile

Well I don't know what football gods Gareth Southgate sacrificed a goat to, but it clearly has worked. Comfortably the worst of the (alleged) top seeds in the group stage, scraped through with one win and two draws in three dreadful performances, and scoring just two goals in the process, and still we win the group!

WTF?

In doing so, we also avoid at least three of Spain, Portugal, Germany and France in the knockout stages. However, if this isn't sorted out fast, we can forget worrying about who of those four might make it to the final, we'll be home long before that's a concern.

I expect England to be on their way home soon, but let's not forget the last world cup. The Argies lost to Saudi Arabia in thier first game and were very poor (despite topping their group) all the way to the final. On form, France should have been champions, but there's only room for one team in the history books.

Denmark won in 1992 when they didn't even qualify and in 1976 Czechoslovakia didn't stand a chance on paper, so there's always hope and hope is something that the English do well.

In fairness to Southgate, he only got the job because he wasn't Sam Allardyce. It's not his fault he doesn't have a Scooby Doo. If being a decent bloke won you games, we'd be home and dry.

We have the players to do well (where have we heard that before!) and it might just click. We certainly have the firepower up front, probably better than ever. I saw some stats on how many club goals our forwards scored last season and it was a ridiculous number.

On current form, I don't think even a self-serving politician would bet on us winning, but in the words of Saint and Greavsie 'it's a funny old game'.
Are the Euros boring? on 13:06 - Jun 27 with 56 viewsgerry_us

Bit like watching U's really. Bloody frustratingly.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024