Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? 21:55 - Jul 16 with 5874 viewsSwans9

I will go for Mark Harris. We shall see. Who does everybody else think?
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 23:21 - Jul 19 with 1038 viewsRichardO

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 21:25 - Jul 19 by vetchonian

No Mykola in any of today's lineups.....wonder waht that means he featured in rhe Swindon game injured? Or nothing Lukes plans

Scores a goal and then dropped or given the Elbow maybe? Sounds like Grounds For Divorce.
[Post edited 19 Jul 23:49]
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 07:48 - Jul 20 with 915 viewsgrabsplatter

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 21:25 - Jul 19 by vetchonian

No Mykola in any of today's lineups.....wonder waht that means he featured in rhe Swindon game injured? Or nothing Lukes plans

He worked with him for the second half of last season & wasn't willing to use him even when we were crying out for a decent centre forward, looks like he just doesn't rate him 🤷‍♂️
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 08:01 - Jul 20 with 896 viewsRichardO

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 07:48 - Jul 20 by grabsplatter

He worked with him for the second half of last season & wasn't willing to use him even when we were crying out for a decent centre forward, looks like he just doesn't rate him 🤷‍♂️

He keeps on getting on the score sheet, early days this season.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 08:35 - Jul 20 with 868 viewsgrabsplatter

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 08:01 - Jul 20 by RichardO

He keeps on getting on the score sheet, early days this season.

I'd like to see him given a chance
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 09:59 - Jul 20 with 806 viewsmax936

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 08:35 - Jul 20 by grabsplatter

I'd like to see him given a chance

Attitude and being a team player matters more than performance, there's got to be respect in the dressing room for fellow players, coaches and Manager.

Williams alluded to his attitude last season, maybe things haven't improved, or maybe he is indeed injured.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:22 - Jul 20 with 757 viewsgrabsplatter

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 09:59 - Jul 20 by max936

Attitude and being a team player matters more than performance, there's got to be respect in the dressing room for fellow players, coaches and Manager.

Williams alluded to his attitude last season, maybe things haven't improved, or maybe he is indeed injured.

That's the Whittaker situation again
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:25 - Jul 20 with 753 viewsDr_Winston

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:22 - Jul 20 by grabsplatter

That's the Whittaker situation again

Lets hope it doesn't bite us on the arse in the same way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:51 - Jul 20 with 699 viewsgrabsplatter

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:25 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

Lets hope it doesn't bite us on the arse in the same way.

My thoughts exactly
Login to get fewer ads

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 11:01 - Jul 20 with 683 viewsDr_Winston

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 10:51 - Jul 20 by grabsplatter

My thoughts exactly

I find it hard to believe that Myk could possibly be any worse than Cullen, so for me if he's being left out of the team it's either because he just doesn't suit the way Williams wants to play (possible, and not really anyone's fault), or for other, unspecified reasons.

For me it's probably the former. I don't detect the level of vindictiveness that marked Russy's treatment of MW, so I'm working on the assumption that he's not his cup of tea.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 11:20 - Jul 20 with 647 viewsgrabsplatter

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 11:01 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

I find it hard to believe that Myk could possibly be any worse than Cullen, so for me if he's being left out of the team it's either because he just doesn't suit the way Williams wants to play (possible, and not really anyone's fault), or for other, unspecified reasons.

For me it's probably the former. I don't detect the level of vindictiveness that marked Russy's treatment of MW, so I'm working on the assumption that he's not his cup of tea.

The chance to have a decent look at him in competitive games was there in the last couple of matches last year, we were safe from relegation but he wouldn't give him an opportunity.
If he doesn't figure in his plans at all we need to move him on.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 11:52 - Jul 20 with 597 viewsWhiterockin

Possibly he doesn't carry out the instructions he is given. Either way it is baffling why he was on the bench so often and not played.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 12:09 - Jul 20 with 570 viewsgrabsplatter

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 11:52 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

Possibly he doesn't carry out the instructions he is given. Either way it is baffling why he was on the bench so often and not played.

It'll be even more baffling if the same thing happens at the start of this season
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 12:20 - Jul 20 with 554 viewsjack247

It can’t just be for footballing reasons. There’s no way Williams wouldn’t try him ahead of Cullen and Yates if we’re looking to get the ball forward quickly and get crosses in. Even in the dead games at the end of last season. He looks made for that. The other two don’t have the height or the physicality.

Can’t say for sure, but my guess is Whittaker would have had more of a run if we didn’t have Piroe at the time.

Either way, if he’s not going to be given a chance, we need to get someone in quickly. We can’t start the season with Cullen as our only senior striker.
Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 12:53 - Jul 20 with 498 viewsRichardO

Who will the swans sign as a centre forward? on 11:52 - Jul 20 by Whiterockin

Think we saw when Cullen was chosen over Yates better work rate and seem to know or follow instructions to close down defenders limiting their options which was really wasted with the midfield so deep and not able to support a high press properly because they were too frightened to let the defence do their job.
For me that centre forward role is first and foremost the ability to score goals, and compete against defenders when the ball is played into the box, be it at height or on the floor while also getting us further up the park so we are on the front foot more often than not relieving pressure on our defence. I could see to some extent why Whittaker was kept out of the team given Piroe, Obefemi Ntcham or Paterson were in position but it does smack of an attitude problem which when not selected after scoring an hattrick compounded the player's problems.
As for Kuharevich he has scored goals and can see for himself, as can we, issues up front which he must think he can help resolve, might be the cause the problem with his attitude if that is the case. At the end of the day he wants to play and I don't understand the reasons why he is not picked at the very least for a run of games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024