Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st defeat under Beech 17:47 - Jan 7 with 2726 viewsBeechy

But in the 2 weeks he's been in charge, he's made a lot more progress that Eyre did. Beech is still mopping up the mess Steve made in my eyes, and will be doing for the remainder of the season. It's going to be a bumpy ride towards the finish line but its not a ride we can't sustain! Hopefully and I strongly believe, the progress he's made will start to pay off, unfortunately for Chris it needs to be ASAP!

Lets get behind Beech and the lads. I for one have 100% faith.
1st defeat under Beech on 17:49 - Jan 7 with 2714 viewsolympicdale

id love to have your faith, cant see where that first win is coming from atm.

Life is a game of fate.

1st defeat under Beech on 18:02 - Jan 7 with 2660 viewsD_Alien

Next week's game against Stevenage could be one hell of a tough fixture, against a team that's battled it's way towards the playoffs with a tried and tested style and formation

They won't be world-beaters but we can expect them to be on their game for 90+ minutes, just like we were last season. Whatever the result, a lot of questions about our destination this season will be answered

We do need some pace up front, and some more energy in midfield. It'd be one heck of a call to leave Jonah out (Mr Battler) for the extra energy and pace of Tutte - some tough decisions to be made by Beechy!

Lets support him, and the lads. If we go down, lets go down fighting and at least it'll be the Dale we're supporting not some poor imitation of a premiership youth team

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

1st defeat under Beech on 18:15 - Jan 7 with 2606 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Stevenage is going to be a very tough game. Same side as PNE for me but I agree if we're not looking like scoring by half time then early subs of Jones for Tutte and Akpro for Ball could give us more options to score.

Tutte has been very disappointing for me this season but looked very effective in the last 10 minutes vs PNE. Maybe Beech can get the best from him.
1st defeat under Beech on 18:18 - Jan 7 with 2586 viewsdalenumber2

1st defeat under Beech on 18:02 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

Next week's game against Stevenage could be one hell of a tough fixture, against a team that's battled it's way towards the playoffs with a tried and tested style and formation

They won't be world-beaters but we can expect them to be on their game for 90+ minutes, just like we were last season. Whatever the result, a lot of questions about our destination this season will be answered

We do need some pace up front, and some more energy in midfield. It'd be one heck of a call to leave Jonah out (Mr Battler) for the extra energy and pace of Tutte - some tough decisions to be made by Beechy!

Lets support him, and the lads. If we go down, lets go down fighting and at least it'll be the Dale we're supporting not some poor imitation of a premiership youth team

I like that last sentence. The terraces have been quiet this season. I am sure some Accy-style non-stop singing on Saturday can only give a much-needed boost. Whether we feel like singing or not (and frankly there has not been much to sing about of late) we should give it a go.
1st defeat under Beech on 18:24 - Jan 7 with 2566 views442Dale

1st defeat under Beech on 18:15 - Jan 7 by dale_upon_tyne

Stevenage is going to be a very tough game. Same side as PNE for me but I agree if we're not looking like scoring by half time then early subs of Jones for Tutte and Akpro for Ball could give us more options to score.

Tutte has been very disappointing for me this season but looked very effective in the last 10 minutes vs PNE. Maybe Beech can get the best from him.

We have to at least find out.

Jones has played every minute this season and we're second bottom. It's not about Jones not doing enough, it's about seeing how we can do without him and trying something different. JK has been our best midfielder and it's a question of who plays alongside him, and for over half a season we've yet to see how Tutte does with him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

1st defeat under Beech on 18:44 - Jan 7 with 2524 viewsStudiousDale

1st defeat under Beech on 17:49 - Jan 7 by olympicdale

id love to have your faith, cant see where that first win is coming from atm.

The last time we scored 2 goals in the league was October 15th. In the 12 games since we have scored 7. I believe this is the major problem now, I thought the defence looked decent against Preston on Saturday (wasn't there today)
1st defeat under Beech on 21:10 - Jan 7 with 2339 viewscrazyhorse

1st defeat under Beech on 18:44 - Jan 7 by StudiousDale

The last time we scored 2 goals in the league was October 15th. In the 12 games since we have scored 7. I believe this is the major problem now, I thought the defence looked decent against Preston on Saturday (wasn't there today)

Be interesting to see how Beech reacts to this defeat and motivate his team next game.
Apparently everythings going amazingly well in training according to Beech's post match interview but, the players suffer again on matchday from tactical amnesia.

This has been happening throughout the season.

Bit of tough love needed, I think and some players need to be buck up as its unacceptable.

I like Chris Beech and he's a straight talking individual with desire to make it has a Manager. My gut feeling is he is going to get out of this mess.
1st defeat under Beech on 21:23 - Jan 7 with 2314 viewsRockerdale97

1st defeat under Beech on 18:24 - Jan 7 by 442Dale

We have to at least find out.

Jones has played every minute this season and we're second bottom. It's not about Jones not doing enough, it's about seeing how we can do without him and trying something different. JK has been our best midfielder and it's a question of who plays alongside him, and for over half a season we've yet to see how Tutte does with him.

Got to drop Gary Jones as we need pace in the midfield and with JK and Jonah they are not quick enough to help the attackers on the counter attack and also they dont bloody shoot.
Login to get fewer ads

1st defeat under Beech on 21:28 - Jan 7 with 2290 viewsNotEyreClue

1st defeat under Beech on 21:23 - Jan 7 by Rockerdale97

Got to drop Gary Jones as we need pace in the midfield and with JK and Jonah they are not quick enough to help the attackers on the counter attack and also they dont bloody shoot.

I have to agree with you about Jones, he looks absolutely shattered before he's kicked a ball these days. There's no room for sentiment when you're in a relegation dogfight and I personally think Tutte will become a fine player if gets a run of games (and stops trying to pick a fight literally everyone who crosses his path)

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

1st defeat under Beech on 21:30 - Jan 7 with 2283 viewsRockerdale97

1st defeat under Beech on 21:28 - Jan 7 by NotEyreClue

I have to agree with you about Jones, he looks absolutely shattered before he's kicked a ball these days. There's no room for sentiment when you're in a relegation dogfight and I personally think Tutte will become a fine player if gets a run of games (and stops trying to pick a fight literally everyone who crosses his path)

Agreed Jones is off the pace now and should be replace but never gonna slag the guy off as he is a Rochdale Legend which will remain even if he doesnt play.
1st defeat under Beech on 21:33 - Jan 7 with 2277 views442Dale

That's the thing, it doesn't have to be seen as Jones being left out, but looking if the team can be improved.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

1st defeat under Beech on 21:48 - Jan 7 with 2252 viewsmightyblues22

1st defeat under Beech on 21:10 - Jan 7 by crazyhorse

Be interesting to see how Beech reacts to this defeat and motivate his team next game.
Apparently everythings going amazingly well in training according to Beech's post match interview but, the players suffer again on matchday from tactical amnesia.

This has been happening throughout the season.

Bit of tough love needed, I think and some players need to be buck up as its unacceptable.

I like Chris Beech and he's a straight talking individual with desire to make it has a Manager. My gut feeling is he is going to get out of this mess.

I really cant see why the board seem to think hiring experienced kids coaches will be successful . Keith Hill was a stopgap appointment who showed he had the personality , bravery and expertise to take his opportunity .
I fail to see how much better qualified beech has become in the few months it's taken for eyre to get the bullet .
We needed an experienced manager when hill left that was obvious , the club gambled on the cheap option and it failed , again we are in the position of needing an experienced guiding hand and the club are gambling with the cheap option .
I don't for one minute think that the board don't know what they are doing , seems to me they are just appointing the best they can afford , which long term is more worrying because while we are waiting for another keith Hill to be unearthed we could plummet through the leagues .
For what it's worth , beech was a shocking player for us , always out injured , i dont forsee him being any better as a manager .
If we want to stay up we need to dig deep and appoint a experienced manager now .

1st defeat under Beech on 21:58 - Jan 7 with 2225 viewsD_Alien

1st defeat under Beech on 21:48 - Jan 7 by mightyblues22

I really cant see why the board seem to think hiring experienced kids coaches will be successful . Keith Hill was a stopgap appointment who showed he had the personality , bravery and expertise to take his opportunity .
I fail to see how much better qualified beech has become in the few months it's taken for eyre to get the bullet .
We needed an experienced manager when hill left that was obvious , the club gambled on the cheap option and it failed , again we are in the position of needing an experienced guiding hand and the club are gambling with the cheap option .
I don't for one minute think that the board don't know what they are doing , seems to me they are just appointing the best they can afford , which long term is more worrying because while we are waiting for another keith Hill to be unearthed we could plummet through the leagues .
For what it's worth , beech was a shocking player for us , always out injured , i dont forsee him being any better as a manager .
If we want to stay up we need to dig deep and appoint a experienced manager now .

Whilst its true that Beech's time on the pitch with Dale was short due to injuries sustained whilst plying his trade successfully at a higher level, that has no bearing on his potential abilities as a coach, manager and motivator

He'll make mistakes, and his first real mistake was playing an unbalanced attacking line-up today, but as others have said - providing he quickly learns from that, and doesn't try to flannel his way out, he'll do for me

1st defeat under Beech on 22:02 - Jan 7 with 2208 viewsmightyblues22

1st defeat under Beech on 21:58 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

Whilst its true that Beech's time on the pitch with Dale was short due to injuries sustained whilst plying his trade successfully at a higher level, that has no bearing on his potential abilities as a coach, manager and motivator

He'll make mistakes, and his first real mistake was playing an unbalanced attacking line-up today, but as others have said - providing he quickly learns from that, and doesn't try to flannel his way out, he'll do for me

well iv'e met him a few times .... inspirational is not a word i would use .
1st defeat under Beech on 22:05 - Jan 7 with 2198 viewsD_Alien

1st defeat under Beech on 22:02 - Jan 7 by mightyblues22

well iv'e met him a few times .... inspirational is not a word i would use .

He doesn't need to be inspirational, just able to put across simple messages to each player about their job so they understand what they're about, and treat everyone fairly

1st defeat under Beech on 22:10 - Jan 7 with 2181 viewsmightyblues22

1st defeat under Beech on 22:05 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

He doesn't need to be inspirational, just able to put across simple messages to each player about their job so they understand what they're about, and treat everyone fairly

inspiration is the only thing that will get us out of the mess we are in . weve got a poor squad . small crowd and little or no money . face facts . were doomed , doomed i tell thee .
1st defeat under Beech on 22:11 - Jan 7 with 2174 viewsD_Alien

1st defeat under Beech on 22:10 - Jan 7 by mightyblues22

inspiration is the only thing that will get us out of the mess we are in . weve got a poor squad . small crowd and little or no money . face facts . were doomed , doomed i tell thee .

I can clearly see you know all about inspiration

1st defeat under Beech on 22:27 - Jan 7 with 2140 viewsnordenblue

1st defeat under Beech on 22:10 - Jan 7 by mightyblues22

Poor squad and no money??!! What planet are you on, the club has never had as much cash as currently available and the squad on paper and as individuals is decent! With the right management the team would be nowhere near the bottom 4. Trouble is now we are currently asking a man with no experience to pick up from a fine mess left before him sadly
1st defeat under Beech on 22:36 - Jan 7 with 2126 viewsmightyblues22

1st defeat under Beech on 22:27 - Jan 7 by nordenblue

Poor squad and no money??!! What planet are you on, the club has never had as much cash as currently available and the squad on paper and as individuals is decent! With the right management the team would be nowhere near the bottom 4. Trouble is now we are currently asking a man with no experience to pick up from a fine mess left before him sadly

:-) you live in a dream world . the dale are skint . squad is league 2 at best . as we will find out in due course .
1st defeat under Beech on 00:09 - Jan 8 with 2069 viewsRockerdale97

1st defeat under Beech on 22:36 - Jan 7 by mightyblues22

:-) you live in a dream world . the dale are skint . squad is league 2 at best . as we will find out in due course .

Negativity is not gonna get us out of trouble we need all our fans to be behind the boys we cant go down without a fight.
1st defeat under Beech on 12:04 - Jan 8 with 1990 viewsTomRAFC

kurucz
darby byrne jorden widdowson
jlaa jk tutte adams
ormerod bogdanovic

thats what i'd like to see personally

not sure about byrne, or even dave or fagbola but we need to try omeone different with jordan i feel

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

1st defeat under Beech on 12:16 - Jan 8 with 1972 viewsrochedale

1st defeat under Beech on 12:04 - Jan 8 by TomRAFC

kurucz
darby byrne jorden widdowson
jlaa jk tutte adams
ormerod bogdanovic

thats what i'd like to see personally

not sure about byrne, or even dave or fagbola but we need to try omeone different with jordan i feel

Thats the team and formation I would go for apart from Byrne as I haven't seen him play so would stick with Holden.

I have a feeling that Beech will go for it. He can surely see that Jonah needs a rest which would also be a kick up the arse. Let JK hold and give Tutte the free reign to link up with Ormerod and Bog. That would allow the wingers to stay out wide and hopefully get a chance to deliver some balls into the box, however, Adams crossing skills leave a lot to be desired and he takes every set peice rarely succeeding to deliver into the danger zone/land it on players heads.

Come on Beechy, we can all see what is needed.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

1st defeat under Beech on 12:19 - Jan 8 with 1966 viewsboromat

Agree that we need to remain positive! Also comments of 2 points from 3 games not being good enough are a bit unfair. We're still in reality a Steve Eyre squad and no matter how good Beech is he's no miracle worker. Win our next game and its 5 points from 4 and we're looking something like again. Give Beech at least some time!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

1st defeat under Beech on 18:43 - Jan 8 with 1875 viewsRalphs12

I think some people are in danger of over reacting here. We lost, we played crap, we didnt set up right. It happens, the true test is now how we react. I for one am alot more confident in Beech's ability to get a positive from saturday than I would be with the previous regime. For some to say lets look elsewhere is silly. Beech has come in and already we can see a difference, sure hes going to make mistakes, but thats football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024